PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer kills question...?

Judivarious
05-27-2010, 12:54 AM
So, I totally forgot about this from the first game.

But in this game (DOOM II), do your multiplayer XBOX LIVE kills count toward the achievement if the other player makes like a tree and leaves?

AshleyBazSivorn
05-27-2010, 01:38 AM
So, I totally forgot about this from the first game.

But in this game (DOOM II), do your multiplayer XBOX LIVE kills count toward the achievement if the other player makes like a tree and leaves?
Nope I got pissed off coz I was owning with 70+ kills & they left :mad:

Judivarious
05-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Okay, and for my second question....

Since the game doesn't specify, does it have to be done in ranked or player matches?

AshleyBazSivorn
05-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Can be either I got the achievement during a player match

Judivarious
05-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Can be either I got the achievement during a player match

Also, Did you lag a lot during multiplayer? Seems like every match I go into I'm chock full of lag, even though I have a green connection.

AshleyBazSivorn
05-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Also, Did you lag a lot during multiplayer? Seems like every match I go into I'm chock full of lag, even though I have a green connection.
I dont get lag even on a red bar connection :woop:

JDUB XL
05-27-2010, 03:05 AM

I tried to play 2 matches.

The first one had 4 players including myself and some of the worst lag of all time.

The second one had only me and annother player and they left shortly after it started.

RadiantViper
05-27-2010, 09:18 AM

I don't have the best connection, but I can usually play other multiplayer games (CoD, Bad Company) no problem. I do get some lag in the Doom games however. I have no idea how connecting works and all that, but you'd think it would be fine since it's a pretty old game. But I think it's a fair amount better than the first one, I ALWAYS lagged but II I can usually get a decent game.

mjc0961
05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Okay, and for my second question....

Since the game doesn't specify, does it have to be done in ranked or player matches? You can even mix and match between the two... I started on Player matches, but at one point it kept trying to put me in a room where the level was The Chasm (I think... It was a big sprawling level with lots of thin platforms to walk around on. Sucks for deathmatch). I didn't want to play that, so I flipped to Ranked to find other game modes. I already had 38 kills from the Player matches, so after I got the rest in Ranked, I got the achievement.

WonderCaliban
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Can you play split-screen with 2 Gold accounts?

Tha Mantis
05-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Can you play split-screen with 2 Gold accounts?

Probably not, considering it's get them over live. But yeah just about every game I get into is pure lag. Also I can confirm you dont need all 100 kills in Ranked matches, as I only have like 50some kills in ranked matches

Judivarious
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
This game is really starting to piss me the f*ck off.....seriously, why does every piece of s*it have to leave when they're losing? Why can't people just stay to the end of the game.

What they should have done, is if you dashboard during a multiplayer match, it bans you. Instantly.

F*cking cheating no selling waste of space pieces of s*it.

Man, this game pisses me off.

EDIT: Now that I FINALLY got the Destroyer achievement, I'm going to say this.....This port is f*cking pathetic. For a game created 15 years ago, you think the game would run perfect, right? NO! THE MULTIPLAYER LAGS LIKE A B**CH!

I used to be able to play Doom 2 multiplayer on my computer on a 56k (AOL) connection with NO lag, why can't this game do the same thing?

What a piece of s*it.