PDA

View Full Version : Logan's Run remake

MelangeAddict
05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
It got a director (http://io9.com/5548625/logans-run-remake-finally-finds-a-director)

Don't know if anybody cares.

SynysterChris
05-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Never heard or it before. Till now that is.

elephantd
05-27-2010, 05:30 AM
I used Wiki, didn't like what I read seems to bland for me. Charater hunts, then turns into the hunted.mehhhh

MelangeAddict
05-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, I think the original came out when this type of movie was the popular one. I could be horribly wrong because I'm not looking up the information as I write this, but I believe Death Race 2000, 1984, and probably another came out during the same period. All of them were about one man going against the system he is a part of.

However, saying that, I don't know how the hell you make a remake to fit the atmosphere of the times today.

ApochWeiss
05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Logan's Run is a classic and no matter what year you watch the original it speaks volumes of society in any time. It's hard to find a film like that, but this is one of them. Really wish they weren't remaking it. Thanks for the bumming news. :uzi:

SALT1R3
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Another remake that I wont watch lol

Pootcrum
06-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Logan's Run is a classic and no matter what year you watch the original it speaks volumes of society in any time. It's hard to find a film like that, but this is one of them. Really wish they weren't remaking it. Thanks for the bumming news. :uzi:

This. Theres a reason it has a cult following. Plus like Tron back in the day revolutionised cinema with the use of laser holography for the first time. I bet there are plenty of modern day references in cartoons and such that people just don't get because they haven't seen Logan's Run. Should be on that MUST SEE list that's floating around this forum somewhere.