PDA

View Full Version : CO-OP Achievements Done Solo!?

NatDawg25
05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't know why, but when I finish Portland, ME in Hunter mode on Rookie by myself (I was looking for the other achievements first), the "Just free yourself" achievement popped up. I thought at first that it had to be done with a partner, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone know of this happening to someone else, or have any confirmation that mine didn't just glitch?

BullZeye
05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
I just completed the San Francisco-level on my own and got the achievement, too.I guess the "Co-op" just means that it can also be done in coop.But whatever, it can definetely be unlocked playing solo.

Filter x360a
05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Nice, thanks for the tip guys. I'll give this a go.

EDIT - Yep, worked. Also, even though the achievement says Rookie or Normal, I did it on Realistic and still got the achievement.

NatDawg25
05-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Confirmed! I tried the second map on Realistic and got the achievement as well. It makes one wonder why they didn't just say "...on any difficulty"...

WeemanNewYork
05-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I guess I don't need coop buddy to help me out.

bertrand1
06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
can u get the achievement for completing all the maps on realistic in SOLO?

Marlboro ManTX
06-02-2010, 02:24 AM
yeah you can get the realistic achievement by yourself

Mibuwolf57
06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Just knocked finished the whole dlc on solo within 4 hours.
I'm sure it would have gone a lot quicker co-op.

The only 2 cheevos that gave me a bit of a problem was:
King of the Crypt
Thinking Inside the Box

For King of the Crypt, you just can't stay in one spot for too long.
I found that staying to the right side as I headed to the back of the map helped. You can reach the ammo box at the end of the map, and refill the portable EMPs. I most stayed near the back section adjacent to the ammo box, and started taking out lone targets that strayed within my killing radius.
Repeat and Rinse.

For Thinking Inside the Box,
I found that using the 2 open containers on the 2nd tier on the left, prevented me from being overun, as there is only the stairs on the left in which they can come to you.

Just wait in either container, and as they pass by, snag them from behind, to drag them inside for the kills.

From this vantage point, you also have a good view of 2 containers below that are open, I would throw proximity mines in each one for more kills.

DESTRO5
07-02-2010, 02:30 AM
I did that whole DLC on my own which was odd thinking I needed to go online.