PDA

View Full Version : Insurgency DLC Achievement Guide

Tyger7
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM
DLC Overview

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
-Approximate time: 2-4 Hours (Highly depending on skill)
-Offline: 9 (250:gsicon:): This is considering split screen is an option. These can be done online or off. Also, you can complete these by yourself and get them.
-Online: 0
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (and 3 area replays)
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats.
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes. Team Congratz and Demolition Crew require modes to be done on realistic.
-Extra Equipment needed? An online cooperative partner or another controller for split screen if you want an easier time with them. Also all gadget upgrades help a lot.
-Cost of DLC (initial cost): 800 Microsoft Points.

Introduction:

This DLC is a pretty fast 250 achievement points. It provides a few more Hunter missions as well as other modes, but you don't get achievements for playing all the Last Stand maps. They add a challenge per level to complete. If you follow the basic tips for Realistic in this guide here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=222938), you should do all right. Of course it's not the only way to do things, but it might help some that are having trouble.

Step 1: Beat all DLC levels on Realistic Mode.

You will want to start by taking each level one at a time, beating them on realistic. You will gain 130 achievement points by doing this. You will gain Who Let The Docks Out?, Rise From The Graves, Just Free Yourself, Experimental Treatment, and Team Congratz.

On the last level you should also try for Demolition Crew. It requires you to shoot/explode all the fuel tanks. This must be done on Realistic Mode and is in the very last area of the map. The achievements for beating the levels say cooperative, but you may play them solo and still gain the achievements.

Step 2: Replay 3 specific areas on rookie.

There are 4 achievements (1 per level) that require you to do a specific task. Three are for taking out enemies in hand-hand under certain conditions. Check the achievement guide for more details. These include Thinking Inside The Box, King Of The Crypt, and Watch The Soap. They are the more difficult portions of the achievement list. They can be done with or without a partner. The nice thing is that it adds both kills of each player into one, and you both get the achievement at the end You need to be extra patient when doing these. They should all be done on Rookie. The Demolition Crew as listed in Step 1 is also in this category, but must be done on Realistic Mode. If you failed to get it, you must get to that section of the game again and retry it.

Conclusion:

All of these achievements can be done in one sitting. They aren't too difficult. If you had a hard time wth Last Stand modes it may cause you a little grief. If you have the full 1000 already, it'll feel like a warm up session.

Tyger7
05-27-2010, 09:45 PM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/tk/JB/1ICLiGJhbC9ECBoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-tuQqo=.jpg Who let the docks out? 20 :gsicon:
Complete CO-OP "San Francisco, CA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

From the main menu, go to Deniable Ops or Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the first DLC map "San Francisco, CA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 3 areas/waves you must pass.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/uF/lN/1YCLiGJhbC9ACRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAOfn5-piWaQ=.jpg Rise from the graves 20 :gsicon:
Complete CO-OP "New Orleans, LA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

From the main menu, go to Deniable Ops or Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the second DLC map "New Orleans, LA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 3 areas/waves you must pass.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/K6/Gt/1ICLiGJhbC9BCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAOfn5-uCoTc=.jpg Just free yourself 20 :gsicon:
Complete CO-OP "Portland, ME" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

From the main menu, go to Deniable Ops or Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the third DLC map "Portland, ME". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/nq/iM/1oCLiGJhbC9CCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAOfn5-mjqII=.jpg Experimental Treatment 20 :gsicon:
Complete CO-OP "Salt Lake City, UT" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty

From the main menu, go to Deniable Ops or Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the fourth (last) DLC map "Salt Lake City, UT". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 4 areas/waves you must pass. The third area only has 1 enemy, but there is a lot of climbing involved.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/e6/hY/14CLiGJhbC9BFQUaXVBRFzBCL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+HeoYA ==.jpg Team congratz 50 :gsicon:
Complete Deniable Ops: Insurgency on Realistic difficulty in Hunter or Infiltration game mode

Insurgency is the name of the DLC content pack that you downloaded. It is not a word you will find in the menu system. Do not confuse this with a game mode, as it is being referenced as a whole (all levels in the content pack). Since you have to play all of the Hunter missions anyways, play them all on realistic. This way will save you time, but you can choose any mode you desire. Each level will have their own specific achievement (mostly for killing enemies in specific areas). You can do all of the levels over again on rookie to get those except for the fourth mission which requires cooperative on Realistic Mode. With these modes you may treat them just like the Last Stand maps (using all gadgets). If backup is called, you should have no trouble defeating them with explosions. Proximity mines are in the extras section if you'd like to try those out. With a cooperative partner these should only take you around 15-20 minutes each to complete.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/jI/qz/14CLiGJhbC9FCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAOfn5-icipA=.jpg King of the crypt 30 :gsicon:
In the "Crypt", perform (12) hand to hand takedowns without alerting other enemies

Map: New Orleans, LA
Area: 2

This can be done by yourself or with a partner (online or split screen). After you pass the first area, you will be in the crypt. There are a total of 12 enemies to dispatch, and you must take them all out with hand to hand takedowns. You can feel free to use EMP grenades and EMP bursts. Pack your character with all gadget upgrades since you won't be using anything else. You can be detected by an enemy, but as long as you kill him before he calls backup you'll still be in good shape for the achievement. It's a lot easier with a partner, but you can do it solo. Notice in the video below how many errors and close calls there are. This achievement is very easy on rookie. If you wanted to, you could EMP every enemy with a cooperative partner (14 EMP type gadgets between you both!).

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction King of the Crypt

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/OY/OS/1YCLiGJhbC9GCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-q9gyU=.jpg Watch the soap 30 :gsicon:
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18) enemies

Map: Portland, ME

In the second area of the Portland, ME you will find a bathroom type area. This is the washroom. You have to intentionally have backup called and run to this room and kill the enemies that come in (18 total). There are pipes to climb on that will give you a good advantage. This must be done in one play. If you have a cooperative partner, your kills will be added together and you'll both receive the achievement. Lots of gadgets will help here! Remember to kill them when they are actually in the bathroom, and not just in the hallways leading in. Even the areas that look like they are in the bathroom aren't really in it according to the game. Make sure there are sinks, stalls, or showers around if you want to be sure.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qn/ty/1ICLiGJhbC9HCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-tde7Y=.jpg Thinking inside the box 30 :gsicon:
In the first area of the "San Francisco, CA" map, neutralize (12) enemies inside containers

Map: San Francisco, CA
Area: 1

You must kill (on any difficulty) 12 enemies on this map inside the various containers spread around. It's okay if backup is called, but it will be much harder if they are called earlier. This can be done solo. In the video below, it's shown what the containers look like and how things should be done. I had killed all enemies but 5, and then my partner came in and got a few. It gives both players the achievement. Take your time and be very careful. Shoot out lights as needed (as well as cameras). This achievement is not accumulative between retries.

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction: Thinking Inside The Box

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Q3/Mq/14CLiGJhbC8yCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzFGAAAAAOfn5-gFc18=.jpg Demolition crew 30 :gsicon:
Complete CO-OP "Under Construction" while shooting all the explosives in realistic difficulty

Map: Salt Lake City, UT
Area: 4

The last area of the Salt Lake City map has a bunch of explosive canisters. You must trigger the backup for this achievement to unlock. I do not believe the fire extinguishers count, as most people having problems seem to have not triggered backup to begin with. If you want, you may shoot the fire extinguishers as well just in case. I have included them in the video if you need to know the locations. I will test my theory with another partner who has not gotten the achievement yet. The achievement unlocks after you kill the last enemy, so make sure you use sonar goggles a lot and use marks to make things easier.

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction: Demolition Crew

There are a total of 10 explosive canisters and 8 fire extinguishers (counting one from behind the weapons crate).

1st Floor: 4 explosive canisters and 5 fire extinguishers.

2nd Floor: 4 explosive canisters and 2 fire extinguishers.

3rd Floor: 2 explosive canisters

Weapon crates area (behind): 1 fire extinguisher.

bleeap
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY UNTIL THIS MESSAGE IS ERASED!!!!

I normally don't do Works in Progress, but I have been asked by a few people to write one. No I am not the expert at splinter cell, but I have had some good feedback and if someone is following the originally guide I posted, then they may feel more relaxed if it's all in one. Im going to also include this info in the regular guide too, but also as a seperate thread so people who just get the game see it, and people who have had it and are specifically looking only for these achievements see it too....please be patient while I work on this, as I just now have it downloaded. Waiting for a friend to get back from being gone, and we'll crank it out...I have studied the achievements and have studied the menus. It is extremely confusing at first, but I will at least clear that up ! Remember, don't reply just yet even if it's to tell me I suck at life!

INTRODUCTION

STEP 1-2

CONCLUSION

BLAHBLAHBLAH type type type

Who let the docks out? 20(G)

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the first DLC map "San Fransisco, CA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

Rise from the graves 20(G)

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the second DLC map "New Orleans, LA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

Just free yourself 20(G)

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the fthird DLC map "Portland, ME". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

Experimental Treatment 20(G)

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the fourth (last) DLC map "Salt Lake City, UT". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

Team congratz 50(G)
Complete Deniable Ops: Insurgency on Realistic difficulty in Hunter or Infiltration game mode

Insurgency is the name of the DLC content pack that you downloaded. It is not a word you will find in the menu system. Do not confuse this with a game mode, as it is being referenced as a whole (all levels in the content pack). Since you have to play all of the Hunter missions anyways, play them all on realistic. This way will save you time, but you can choose any mode you desire. Each level must have all

King of the crypt 30(G)
In the "Crypt", perform (12) hand to hand takedowns without alerting other enemies

Watch the soap 30(G)
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18 ) enemies

Thinking inside the box 30(G)
In the first area of the "San Francisco, CA" map, neutralize (12) enemies inside containers

Demolition crew 30(G)
Complete CO-OP "Under Construction" while shooting all the explosives in realistic difficulty

I'll help since i've done all the DLC But one...

But all these can be done CO-OP.. So that means if ur buddy gets 12 container kills, u'll get the achievement too... Goes for all 3 achievements...

Watch the soap is the second stage back in the back Portland, ME...

Thinking inside the box easy way is to HOLD them and walk into the container then throw or kill whatever you like, first stage San Francisco, CA...

King of the crypt is second stage of New Orleans. Doing it with a Partner is easy, and goes by fast!!

Demolition crew didnt pop for me but its the last lvl of Salt Lake... So as of right now i dunno if the Demolition Crew is glitch... But thought i'd help ya out for info...

davidh595
05-28-2010, 02:07 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/tk/JB/1ICLiGJhbC9ECBoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-tuQqo=.jpg Who let the docks out? 20 :gsicon:

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the first DLC map "San Fransisco, CA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 3 areas/waves you must pass.

I got this cheevo playing in single player mode under deniable ops. Not sure if it is glitched or this was intended.

Tyger7
05-28-2010, 02:48 AM
I got this cheevo playing in single player mode under deniable ops. Not sure if it is glitched or this was intended.

If anyone else can tell me if these can be gotten in single player regardless of the description saying cooperative, please let me know so I can update this! Thanks David for that input.

Lex Talionis
05-28-2010, 02:52 AM
If anyone else can tell me if these can be gotten in single player regardless of the description saying cooperative, please let me know so I can update this! Thanks David for that input.

Yep they can even be done with a combination of single player deniable ops and co-op. That's how I did it.

Also just to let you know, we started a thread in the sub forum for the DLC about where each of the location specific achievements can be done, which has also turned into a mini achievement guide.

Some of though are having major problems with the demolition achievement. I think I've tried it 6 times to no avail. Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: just got it after clearing my cache

Filter x360a
05-28-2010, 03:01 AM
Yeah, The sub forum would be a much better place for this. Maybe ask a mod to move it for you.

I can also confirm that you can do all CO-OP achievements in Single player. And even thought the single mission achievements say "Rookie or Normal" difficulty, I played though on Realistic and still got the mission specific achieves, so difficulty doesn't matter.

Nice work though.

EDIT - Think this was mentioned in the roadmap you made, Sorry.

blee717
05-28-2010, 03:34 AM
The washroom (bathroom) part is the second zone of the third map (can't remember what it's called). It's on the first floor and you'll know you're there when you see the showers. You have to alert the enemies in order to kill 18 and make sure to kill them inside the showers and not outside. I'm not sure how the "Demolition Crew" achievement works but I shot every single fire extinguisher, nitrogen tanks, and explosives on the map. I just scanned the area with the sonar goggles and shot most of the white icons.

L16HTZ
05-28-2010, 03:40 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qn/ty/1ICLiGJhbC9HCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-tde7Y=.jpgThinking inside the box 30 :gsicon:

Also,I got this easy right when you start the mission. When the mission starts,you'll see the truck parked nxt 2 you on the left have your character turn left and head all the way str8 to the container that is on the second story. From there, I jumped insinde the container that is on the 2nd story. From there I just made some noise and made sure the enemies saw me go into the same container. Once all 24 enemies saw me go into the container I've been talking about,my Last Known Position showed me barely inside the container. After that 1 by 1 enemies came into the container I was in and I just hand-2-hand killed them. They pretty much did the hard work for me. I killed like 18 guys doing it this way. Well this is just my method but hope it helps.

Mister Buds
05-28-2010, 03:52 AM
another great guide, tyger. will definitely be using it if i decide to get the dlc.

Tyger7
05-28-2010, 04:08 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qn/ty/1ICLiGJhbC9HCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-tde7Y=.jpgThinking inside the box 30 :gsicon:

Also,I got this easy right when you start the mission. When the mission starts,you'll see the truck parked nxt 2 you on the left have your character turn left and head all the way str8 to the container that is on the second story. From there, I jumped insinde the container that is on the 2nd story. From there I just made some noise and made sure the enemies saw me go into the same container. Once all 24 enemies saw me go into the container I've been talking about,my Last Known Position showed me barely inside the container. After that 1 by 1 enemies came into the container I was in and I just hand-2-hand killed them. They pretty much did the hard work for me. I killed like 18 guys doing it this way. Well this is just my method but hope it helps.

I was in there too but it was really awkward positioning and it wasnt letting grab the guys very well. Have an exact place or was it any top container?

another great guide, tyger. will definitely be using it if i decide to get the dlc.

Thanks, it's decent DLC. Awesome that they give you 250 gamerscore, unlike titles lately only giving like 90!

Yep they can even be done with a combination of single player deniable ops and co-op. That's how I did it.

Also just to let you know, we started a thread in the sub forum for the DLC about where each of the location specific achievements can be done, which has also turned into a mini achievement guide.

Some of though are having major problems with the demolition achievement. I think I've tried it 6 times to no avail. Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: just got it after clearing my cache Did you get the achievement after clearing the cache? Or did you have to do it over again?

Yeah, The sub forum would be a much better place for this. Maybe ask a mod to move it for you.

I can also confirm that you can do all CO-OP achievements in Single player. And even thought the single mission achievements say "Rookie or Normal" difficulty, I played though on Realistic and still got the mission specific achieves, so difficulty doesn't matter.

Nice work though.

EDIT - Think this was mentioned in the roadmap you made, Sorry.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that sub thread was for the DLC since it's just called "deniable ops". Oops!

Sedaa
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Damn Demolition Crew, it didn't unlock, I must of missed one.

Some should literally make a list of all the explosives in the last section (there's not THAT many). I'm too tired to go through again right now, but tomorrow morning I'm going to start a list of the explosives I find if no one else does.

SubG3nius
05-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Awesome, this will come in handy when I get the DLC on monday. Thanks.

Lex Talionis
05-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Did you get the achievement after clearing the cache? Or did you have to do it over again?

I did it over again... Then it popped the next time I tried in single player... However my friend was also having issues getting it to unlock, but I got it for him without clearing his cache...

Maybe I was constantly missing some. I think I most often missed the ones toward the entrance to the level. i.e. if you come up out of the load room and turn right after the spotlight with four lights, there's one by a forklift.. If you keep going down that hall there is one hidden up on some boards almost underneath those stairs, turn slightly right at the stairs to see it.... There's also an extinguisher there I almost missed before.

The one other thing I remember doing differently when it unlocked for both of us was shooting the one visible extinguisher in the weapon crate room. If you go toward the turn back sign you can shoot an extinguisher down in area 3. However, I think you can get the achievement without that extinguisher.

eschaeron
05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
So even though it says coop, you can do it all on your own and still get the achievements?

Tyger7
05-28-2010, 11:00 AM
So even though it says coop, you can do it all on your own and still get the achievements?

Thats what the word on the net is :)

adam2461
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
The demolition Crew achievement.
Firstly get backup called intentionally by shooting the nearest explosive or throwing a frag ect. (backup will arrive anyway when you shoot an explosive). Then kill all but 1 of the enemies. Next use your sonar and mark any objects you can see run to them and blow them up (the remaining enemy will run to that location if he is close by if he spots you just use an EMP to escape). Remember to blow up all fuel tanks and fire extinguishers. Then when there is no more on your sonar kill the last guy and the achievement will unlock.

adam2461
05-28-2010, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Tyger7;3133293]http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/tk/JB/1ICLiGJhbC9ECBoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-tuQqo=.jpg Who let the docks out? 20 :gsicon:

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the first DLC map "San Francisco, CA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 3 areas/waves you must pass.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/uF/lN/1YCLiGJhbC9ACRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAOfn5-piWaQ=.jpg Rise from the graves 20 :gsicon:

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the second DLC map "New Orleans, LA". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 3 areas/waves you must pass.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/K6/Gt/1ICLiGJhbC9BCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAOfn5-uCoTc=.jpg Just free yourself 20 :gsicon:

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the third DLC map "Portland, ME". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/nq/iM/1oCLiGJhbC9CCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAOfn5-mjqII=.jpg Experimental Treatment 20 :gsicon:

From the main menu, go to Coop & Multiplayer. Select how you will be playing your match. Pick Hunter game mode and hit :ddown: until you get to the fourth (last) DLC map "Salt Lake City, UT". The difficulty you will want to play on is Realistic. You can play it on Normal or Rookie to get the achievement, but see "Team Congratz" for more details concerning Realistic. There are a total of 4 areas/waves you must pass. The third area only has 1 enemy, but there is a lot of climbing involved.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/e6/hY/14CLiGJhbC9BFQUaXVBRFzBCL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+HeoYA ==.jpg Team congratz 50 :gsicon:

Insurgency is the name of the DLC content pack that you downloaded. It is not a word you will find in the menu system. Do not confuse this with a game mode, as it is being referenced as a whole (all levels in the content pack). Since you have to play all of the Hunter missions anyways, play them all on realistic. This way will save you time, but you can choose any mode you desire. Each level will have their own specific achievement (mostly for killing enemies in specific areas). You can do all of the levels over again on rookie to get those except for the fourth mission which requires cooperative on Realistic Mode. With these modes you may treat them just like the Last Stand maps (using all gadgets). If backup is called, you should have no trouble defeating them with explosions. Proximity mines are in the extras section if you'd like to try those out. With a cooperative partner these should only take you around 15-20 minutes each to complete.

Bonus: If people have still been struggling to get the Perfect Hunter achievement from the original 1000, now is a great chance to do it. Every map has only 3 areas (with the exception of the last area which has 4, but one of those areas only contains 1 enemy).

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/jI/qz/14CLiGJhbC9FCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAOfn5-icipA=.jpgKing of the crypt 30 :gsicon:

This can be done by yourself or with a partner (online or split screen). After you pass the first area, you will be in the crypt. There are a total of 12 enemies to dispatch, and you must take them all out with hand to hand takedowns. You can feel free to use EMP grenades and EMP bursts. Pack your character with all gadget upgrades since you won't be using anything else. You can be detected by an enemy, but as long as you kill him before he calls backup you'll still be in good shape for the achievement. It's a lot easier with a partner, but you can do it solo. Notice in the video below how many errors and close calls there are. This achievement is very easy on rookie. If you wanted to, you could EMP every enemy with a cooperative partner (14 EMP type gadgets between you both!).

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction King of the Crypt

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/OY/OS/1YCLiGJhbC9GCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-q9gyU=.jpgWatch the soap 30 :gsicon:
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18 ) enemies

In the second area of the Portland, ME you will find a bathroom type area. This is the washroom. You have to intentionally have backup called and run to this room and kill the enemies that come in (18 total). There are pipes to climb on that will give you a good advantage. This must be done in one play. If you have a cooperative partner, your kills will be added together and you'll both receive the achievement. Lots of gadgets will help here!

Video coming soon!

You must kill (on any difficulty) 12 enemies on this map inside the various containers spread around. It's okay if backup is called, but it will be much harder if they are called earlier. This can be done solo. In the video below, it's shown what the containers look like and how things should be done. I had killed all enemies but 5, and then my partner came in and got a few. It gives both players the achievement. Take your time and be very careful. Shoot out lights as needed (as well as cameras). This achievement is not accumulative between retries.

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction: Thinking Inside The Box

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Q3/Mq/14CLiGJhbC8yCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzFGAAAAAOfn5-gFc18=.jpgDemolition crew 30 :gsicon:

Temporary info: The last area of the Salt Lake City map has a bunch of explosive canisters. You must shoot them all before you kill the last person

Firstly get backup called intentionally by shooting the nearest explosive or throwing a frag ect. (backup will arrive anyway when you shoot an explosive). Then kill all but 1 of the enemies. Next use your sonar and mark any objects you can see run to them and blow them up (the remaining enemy will run to that location if he is close by if he spots you just use an EMP to escape). Remember to blow up all fuel tanks and fire extinguishers. Then when there is no more on your sonar kill the last guy and the achievement will unlock.

L16HTZ
05-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Tyger7, for the http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qn/ty/1ICLiGJhbC9HCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-tde7Y=.jpgThinking inside the box 30 :gsicon: achievement video that you posted up, at 0:43 seconds you see the stairs, head up the stairs and head all the way back until the very last container. That is the container I was talking about. Hope it helps.

CRDMUDRUNNER
05-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Lil tip for demolition crew. If you hold the last guy in a choke hold. your partner can run around shooting everything without the game ending untill u snap his neck. just keep checking your sonar and make sure ya checked everywhere before you kill him. I did the whole thing stealth then grabbed the 12th guy and started blowing stuff up without causing the alarm. The achievement didn't pop. so idk if i missed something or it requires you to set the alarm off. but when setting the alarm and grabbing the 24th guy it poped.

edit: oh and for washroom on rookie ive been able to run straight into the bathroom with my partner following me, (recommened going intothe left side as u enter from the front) hid in the back. alert them then just keep checking your left and right side killing them as they enter, have your partner hide in the back area reviving you if u ever go down. I used my remote mines alot on realistic.

Siegfried
05-29-2010, 06:57 AM
You don't need to play the maps on coop. I was playing with my friend and we had finished the first 2 maps when he got disconected. I went to Deniable Ops and played the other 2 maps there, winning every single achievement for them, including the ones with CO-OP in the description. :)

DarthSoth
05-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Tyger7 you rock man, thanks for the achievement guide...again. I feel like I am cyber-stalking you and all your guides. Ha. Nice job once again.

Fanva
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Great guide, thanks.
I know I can get the level completion achievements in solo, but can I do Demolition Crew in solo too?
Edit: Oh, nevermind.. Got my answer from Siegfried's post already.

Tyger7
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Guide has been updated with a video and a more detailed description for the Watch The Soap. Sorry I didn't post a video, but after recording it, I accidently deleted it : / That's been happening a lot to me! Also notice I changed my description regarding getting the Perfect Hunter achievement. I tested it on two levels doing them perfectly for another player, and that player did not unlock them.

ryzilla
05-31-2010, 10:51 PM
dumb question how do you snap their necks in the boxes? as all i can do is throw them lol

Tyger7
05-31-2010, 11:12 PM
dumb question how do you snap their necks in the boxes? as all i can do is throw them lol

Stop walking and hit :bbut:. You can throw them as long as they die inside the box.

Inked and Pierced
06-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the guide Tyger7. Great guide!!! Helped a lot!!!

eqzeb
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Hmm Demolition Crew must be glitched for me...tried it twice solo and 3 times on coop all on realistic...nothing. Followed the video posted the last two times and even walked around numerous times...shot all canisters and fire extinguishers. It is just on the 4th part of the mission right, not all of the 4 sections of the entire level?

Tyger7
06-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Hmm Demolition Crew must be glitched for me...tried it twice solo and 3 times on coop all on realistic...nothing. Followed the video posted the last two times and even walked around numerous times...shot all canisters and fire extinguishers. It is just on the 4th part of the mission right, not all of the 4 sections of the entire level?

Yeah I tried it a few times myself.

Did you make sure and cause backup to come?

eqzeb
06-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Yeah I tried it a few times myself.

Did you make sure and cause backup to come?

Yep, backup gets called in the first time a canister is blown up anyways.

Tyger7
06-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Yep, backup gets called in the first time a canister is blown up anyways.

hm did you try clearing your cache?

eqzeb
06-03-2010, 04:23 AM
hm did you try clearing your cache?
Yeah, thats what I mentioned in another thread. I think (or hope) clearing the cache will probably fix it, but I am going to have to wait until I get 2 more mutation playthroughs on L4D2 so the counter in that game doesnt glitch up on me if I clear my cache haha (apparently it has been screwing up for alot of people)...hopefully they release new mutation modes over the next 2 weeks and I can try then I suppose.

Giano
06-03-2010, 06:54 AM
FIRST, THANX TO TYGER7 FOR HIS HELPUL GUIDES!

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

1) In EACH AREA, I've silently killed all the enemies, but one.

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

NOTE: I've died on the last area!
After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.
Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

Sorry for the long post, hope this helps.

Tyger7
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.
Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!

Giano
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!

Yeah, i agree. But i was so frustrated that i've chosen the hard way: paradox (i know!), but I wanted to be 100% sure to get the achievement, so i've raised the stakes...LOL

But in the end, i think that it's all about to shoot the fire extinguishers and the explosives barrels only in the last area.

Mibuwolf57
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks Tyger7.
Excellent guide.

eqzeb
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Okay, will try shooting all of the fire extinguishers first...has anyone bothered to try to get a count on how many extinguishers and how many canisters there are in the 4th section?

Tyger7
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Okay, will try shooting all of the fire extinguishers first...has anyone bothered to try to get a count on how many extinguishers and how many canisters there are in the 4th section?

Nope i'll try watching the video I posted later and maybe counting them. I was going to do that but forgot thanks for reminding me!

eqzeb
06-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Finally got it...I intentionally died once I got to section 4. I killed all the guys with a pistol only so I did not destroy anything. I grabbed controller 2 and choke held the final guy. Went and shot the extinguisher from section 3, then threw remote mines along the walls to destroy the other hidden extinguishers in section 3 that are not visible. I then blew up all the extinguishers first and then the canisters. Checked the entire level over and over about 10 extra times lol...finally killed the last guy and I got the achievement. Dunno what it was, but I did not have to clear my cache.

Thanks for the guides Tyger...enjoyed both the Conviction and Alan Wake guides.

Bigzv
06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.

Tyger7
06-03-2010, 11:46 PM
i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.

Well there's only 3 average areas on these maps ; )

I mentioned all the levels and areas except I did forget to mention the one on the crypt. I have re-edited those descriptions to reflect what maps and areas they are in! Hope that clears everything up.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Bigzv
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks hopefully i can find it lol just new to x360a so yeah thanks.

Tyger7
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks hopefully i can find it lol just new to x360a so yeah thanks.

You'll figure out how to navigate easier as you mess around, but I'll post the locations here for you too just in case.

King of the crypt
Map: New Orleans, LA

Watch the soap

Thinking inside the box
Map: San Francisco, CA
Area: 1

Demolition crew

IM lightning10
06-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah you can get the rookie/normal COOP achieves using the deniable ops and do the single player.
My friend did that.

Barad
06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice guide, got all 250G with Music within hours..good fun. :)

Bobbafet
06-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Im definately going to try this LONG :) method and will post back soon. Ive SERIOUSLY tried to do this about 11 times and I have had no success yet. Heres hoping it will work!!

Bobbafet
06-08-2010, 10:56 AM

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woop:

Firstly thanks VERY much to Tyger7 and Giano.

I used Giano's LONG :) method and I can CONFIRM that this did work for me.

Please note: I shot ALL the fire extinguishers on ALL levels BEFORE shooting the Nitro canisters.

I even died a few times but it did not matter.

NOTE: On Sector 3 (the sector where you have to climb up the pipes after killing one guy only) I shot ALL the fire extinguishers INCLUDING the famous last one that you guys speak about. For those that do not know, the last fire extinguisher on Sector 3 can be obtained in Sector 4 and its debatable whether this adds to the total number of explosives.

Anyway, to be brief, I followed Giano's guide and shot ALL the explosives on ALL the levels. Shoot the fire extinguishers first, then the Nitro canisters.

Hope this helps some of you guys out!!

deadpool316
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
thx for the help dude's

RazerindemiX
06-13-2010, 02:41 AM
."QUOTE"http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/OY/OS/1YCLiGJhbC9GCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-q9gyU=.jpg Watch the soap 30 :gsicon:
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18) enemies

In the second area of the Portland, ME you will find a bathroom type area. This is the washroom. You have to intentionally have backup called and run to this room and kill the enemies that come in (18 total). There are pipes to climb on that will give you a good advantage. This must be done in one play. If you have a cooperative partner, your kills will be added together and you'll both receive the achievement. Lots of gadgets will help here! Remember to kill them when they are actually in the bathroom, and not just in the hallways leading in. Even the areas that look like they are in the bathroom aren't really in it according to the game. Make sure there are sinks, stalls, or showers around if you want to be sure."QUOTE"

Does that mean if u die then go back to menu and play section one and two start over again ?

Edit; no worries done it and you can die area 2 and retry again

RazerindemiX
06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
ok so does anyone yet know how many fire extinguishers there are and how many explosive barrels there are to take out ?

Edit; Opps sorry for the double post my mistake

Bag o Beefcake
06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
handy guide. nice work

Wicelow
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice guide, thanks !

Reaper ECG
06-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Awesome guide just finished this game up today

TBRM 2
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM
After attempting the 'demolition crew' achievement about seven times, I think I have found several sources of error for getting the actual achievements. I thought I might share these so that others may have a less roundabout path to getting this achievement.

1.) SHOOT all explosives (including fire extinguishers)
** when going through the final area, make sure that you blow up each object individually. if you blow up an explosive that triggers another explosive you may be at risk of not getting the achievement. to be on the safe side, i only used by pistol in the final area and avoided gadgets because may not be consider SHOOTING.

2.) Do it on CO-OP!

3.) Only shoot the one visible fire extinguisher from the area prior to the final area (the large circular silo-like tower)

4.) Trigger backup by being detected not from shooting explosive. For example, just start shooting a couple of the guys without worrying about precision until you are detected.

5.) Make sure that computer enemies do not throw frags and blow up explosives that you are supposed to shoot. To help with this, once you are detected, keep drawing the computers closer and closer to that starting point of the area (which is away from most all explosives in the area)

6.) [not sure if this is required] try killing atleast one enemy by a nearby explosive

A Perfect Thief
06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the guides and thanks to the guys who made the vids they were very helpful

BSG Viper Jock
06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
I think everyone in here is making Demolition Crew too difficult. Just kill everyone in a section, then shoot all the fire extinguishers and gas canisters. Use sonar and 2 people to make sure you don't miss any. On the last section just alert the enemies, kill all but a couple, tag them, then run around blowing up all the explosives and extinguishers. When you're sure you've got them all on every floor and in every nook and cranny, terminate the enemies. Achievement done. Unlocked for me and my co-op partner first attempt, no issues.

David Ben Avram
06-30-2010, 11:56 PM
k after trying this fakakta achievement like 7 times...ive come to the conclusion that it sucks...but what you have to do is shoot every explosive.. nades no matter by who that trigger the explosive will null the achievement...

do the fire extinguishers first

5 on the first floor
2 on the second
1 at the ammo crates(not sure if needed but did it anyway)

4 explosives on the 1st floor
4 explosives on the 2nd floor
2 explosives on the 3rd floor

so 8 extinguishers and 10 explosives

and the key for some reason for me was to trigger the back up but just randomly shooting and drawing attention to me not by shooting explosives right off the rip...

this damn achievement was annnnnoying....

Redemption Mode
07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Very well done guide, bro. I hate to dog my Friends, but I perfer to do these Missions solo. More fun that way... :p

MrOleg
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/tk/JB/1ICLiGJhbC9ECBoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-tuQqo=.jpg
There are a total of 10 explosive canisters and 8 fire extinguishers (counting one from behind the weapons crate).

I know this is a little late for the dlc but whoever says you need to shoot the extinguishers is bullshit.
i did this 7 times on realistic.
5 times solo
2 split screen
1 xbox live.

every time i shot 10 tanks and all the extinguishers saved the last guy.
this time i just shot them and shot the tanks along the way.

did the top two first
then the 4 on the second level and
then the 4 on the bottom
no extinguishers
all with a silenced pistol no grenades or secondary weapon.

what a messed up achievement
glad thats over.....

Tyger7
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM
I know this is a little late for the dlc but whoever says you need to shoot the extinguishers is bullshit.
i did this 7 times on realistic.
5 times solo
2 split screen
1 xbox live.

every time i shot 10 tanks and all the extinguishers saved the last guy.
this time i just shot them and shot the tanks along the way.

did the top two first
then the 4 on the second level and
then the 4 on the bottom
no extinguishers
all with a silenced pistol no grenades or secondary weapon.

what a messed up achievement
glad thats over.....

So you got it without them entirely?

Tufty
11-24-2010, 08:38 AM

Thanks, I've been having trouble with this achievement, only having it in single player. Do you stay in the 2nd floor container, or go back to the first one?

jabs1986
12-28-2010, 05:45 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Q3/Mq/14CLiGJhbC8yCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzFGAAAAAOfn5-gFc18=.jpg Demolition crew[/B] 30 :gsicon:

The last area of the Salt Lake City map has a bunch of explosive canisters. You must trigger the backup for this achievement to unlock. I do not believe the fire extinguishers count, as most people having problems seem to have not triggered backup to begin with. If you want, you may shoot the fire extinguishers as well just in case. I have included them in the video if you need to know the locations. I will test my theory with another partner who has not gotten the achievement yet. The achievement unlocks after you kill the last enemy, so make sure you use sonar goggles a lot and use marks to make things easier.

YouTube- Splinter Cell Conviction: Demolition Crew (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIAlIqywIho)

is this achievement glitched? i destroyed all the ones u mentioned above on every floor also i got the one in the weapon crate area but the achievement does not unlock. must this be done in coop because im doing it in single player. i already tried this 3 time and it did not unlock also i destroyed all the fire extinguishers in area 3.

TehGreyWolf
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Nice guide, alot of people have trouble with demolition crew due to it being so finicky.

d0nkeytr0n
02-12-2011, 02:28 AM

a friend and I just tried it and did it first time...we shot the canisters, left one enemy walking around so we wouldn't finish the level without exploding all canisters, if he came near us, we just used an EMP on him....we didn't shoot the fire extinguishers....well, not all of them anyway, so I doubt you need to shoot those in order for the achievement to pop

Mikethedude
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
nice guide dude gunna be a huuuge help!

TheSaferHouse
03-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks Tyger, your guides rule! Alot of people seem to be having problems with the Demolition Crew achievement. I just got it on my first attempt, playing solo. Here is what I did:

1. Played levels 1, 2, and 3 as I normally would. I did not intentionally shoot one single fire extinguisher along the way.

2. Level 4- took out as many enemies as I could without detection using the Five-Seven and the silenced MP5. Allowed backup to be called by letting an enemy get visual contact. Took out all enemies except for the very last one, marked him.

3. Shot all 10 gas canisters with the Five-Seven (4 on 1st floor, 4 on 2nd floor, 2 on 3rd floor). Again, I did not shoot any fire extinguishers.

4. Killed final enemy.

That's it! Achievement unlocked. Remember, you must have the difficulty on Realistic. Hope this helps.

zeroFerus
07-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Perfect Guide! Thank You :locked

tjh8523
08-20-2011, 08:04 AM
thx much, got it according to this guide

DESTRO5
09-30-2011, 04:53 PM
I had hoped more DLC would have come for this game.