PDA

View Full Version : Second playthrough

JaySten
05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
When you finish the first playthrough can you go back on nightmare and get all the collectibles that you missed or do you have to get them in one go?

Awesome Tree
05-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Go to Episodes on the main menu. You can replay any level on Normal after you access it.

aussiestatic
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Just a little side note. After I had collected all the coffee things in normal they didnt appear on my hard nightmare run but everything else did.

Shadowfan789
05-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Just a little side note. After I had collected all the coffee things in normal they didnt appear on my hard nightmare run but everything else did.

Yeah, when you go back through and replay and episode, the coffee thermoses don't re-appear because they aren't central to the story-line. Manuscripts, radios, and all the other good stuff still are though because they actually help with the storyline of the game.

JaySten
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I wish everything stayed taken if found, especially the pages but I guess the thermoses will do. Thanks for the help!

DarthSoth
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Do I need to start a new game on Nightmare to get the completion achievement (Alan, Wake Up) or can I just go to Episodes and select episode 1 on nightmare and still get the achievement at the end?

Reason I ask is that the first level and a half I missed some of the signs thermoses and can pyramids so I figured just nabbing those on Nightmare would be fine. I have everything from the 1/2 way point of the second level on but need the stuff from the beginning.

Typeonegativ71
05-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Do I need to start a new game on Nightmare to get the completion achievement (Alan, Wake Up) or can I just go to Episodes and select episode 1 on nightmare and still get the achievement at the end?

Reason I ask is that the first level and a half I missed some of the signs thermoses and can pyramids so I figured just nabbing those on Nightmare would be fine. I have everything from the 1/2 way point of the second level on but need the stuff from the beginning.

I was thinking the same thing but when I went to the Episodes list (after finsihing the game on Normal) both Hard and Nightmare options were grayed out and I couldn't select them. So it seems like the Nightmare playthrough must be done as a New Game--following each episode in order.

I started a new game on Nightmare and am finding a few of the collectables I missed the first time around. There are duplicates of the manuscript pages (plus all the new pages only found on the nightmare levels), chests, and signs. Only the coffee thermoses I had not already found are showing up this time around though.

piwo4me
05-31-2010, 04:45 AM
Do all statistics carry over from a normal playthru to a new nightmare playthru if i need to finish off a couple kill achievements etc.

N3xus Gam3r
05-31-2010, 04:49 AM
Do all statistics carry over from a normal playthru to a new nightmare playthru if i need to finish off a couple kill achievements etc. They do carry over :)