PDA

View Full Version : Prince Of Persia... Thoughts?

Tussell
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I saw the movie lastnight at midnight. Admittedly, I was a bit drunk, but oh well.

When it first started, it felt super cheesy almost instantly. As it progressed, it became a lot less cheesy, and pulled me in pretty quickly. The choreography was really fun, and extremely reminiscent of the game.

I love the humor. It wasn't laid on too thick, but it was there enough times to keep you consistently laughing and/or smiling.

Seeing Ben Kingsley is always an honor, as he's a great actor. He's also very believable as a middle-easterner. However, Jake Gyllenhaall is not at all. Though he played the role pretty nicely, it still just didn't look right... Also, seeing the woman who played the princess reminded me way too much of Cassandra from Wayne's World 1 & 2, so I was thinking of that the entire time.

The action was great, and they did all they could do with a PG-13 rating. There was some slight blood and gore, however, nothing too over the top. Had they slapped an R rating on it, they could have easily had flying limbs, slow motion blood splatter, etc.

Overall, it was much better than I initially expected it to be. I didn't really even plan on going to see it, however, when someone who can get you into the theater for free invites you, it's hard to say no. I ended up having a pretty damn good time!

rvlution
05-29-2010, 01:55 AM
A friend of mine said it was the best video game movie he had seen. Not that great of an honor haha

Teh BeZ
05-29-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm not going to lie tuss, I thought it was awesome! It was admittedly a bit to ...er ..orange but hey there in the desert :P

Burning Karma
05-29-2010, 04:50 AM
It's good to see people are enjoying it. Hopefully whenever I get around to watching it, I won't be disappointed.

Magic Coletrain
05-29-2010, 09:24 PM
It looks really good

i think it'll be a fun film to go watch lol

KFZ Scrubs
05-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Tussel, when it comes to movies... i trust you.
So far you haven't turned me in the wrong direction, so i might watch this movie on Monday....
My standards for this movie is already low, so i don't think that it can be worse than what i already think it is.

FoxRacing1234
05-31-2010, 02:56 PM
I do want to see it but it may be a little while.

Tussell
05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
I do want to see it but it may be a little while.
Well yeah, depending on how much you spend for a movie ticket, you may very well want to wait for it to hit DVD.

Lethal Dame
06-02-2010, 08:05 AM
You know, I wasn't even going to go see this film but one of my friends brought me and I had a pretty good time. Its a fun flick, for sure.

B1GM13
06-02-2010, 09:31 AM
well i'm going to be seeing it tonight.

good old Orange Wednesday... 2 tickets for 6.80 cant go wrong!

agentplatypus
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
It was a lot better then I expected. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't pay to see it again but it was pretty decent.

Tussell
06-02-2010, 09:42 AM
It was a lot better then I expected. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't pay to see it again but it was pretty decent.
There's not many movies I pay to see in theaters more than once. It's truly a rare occasion. I think the last time I did it was for The Strangers.

B1GM13
06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
There's not many movies I pay to see in theaters more than once. It's truly a rare occasion. I think the last time I did it was for The Strangers.

Dark Knight for me, saw that 3 times in the cinema.

and randomly enough i saw American Pie 2 3 times way back when that was out.

Tussell
06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Dark Knight for me, saw that 3 times in the cinema.
I'm pissed I paid for it once. :p

domn8rdom
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Seriously? Love that movie.

I watched The Hangover twice and 300 because it was packed and the only spot left was the front row where your neck is about to fall off so I went again. It does help that the movie rocked also.

Burning Karma
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Heresy! :eek:

Purge
06-13-2010, 05:58 PM
This is an outrage! FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :p

I'm glad everyone is liking it, I'm seeing it next week hopefully but I think I'm going to walk in wanting to hate it. :( Well, I'll post my results in the 'last movie you watched' thread or here later.

Madfrog0
06-14-2010, 03:06 AM
i really want to see this. i just wish that the movie was more like the first game

X monkfish69 X
06-14-2010, 07:20 AM
well i'm going to be seeing it tonight.

good old Orange Wednesday... 2 tickets for 6.80 cant go wrong!

If I was going to see this at the cinema, it would be an Orange Wednesday for sure. You cannot beat two for one !

Although at the cinema I go to (Greenwich Odeon) it would be 8 for two tickets and then 15 for 2 drinks and a packet of sweets.

Tussell
06-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Seriously? Love that movie.

I watched The Hangover twice and 300 because it was packed and the only spot left was the front row where your neck is about to fall off so I went again. It does help that the movie rocked also.
300 was boring as hell. Fell asleep like the first two times I tried to watch it.

Also, what the hell is Orange Wednesday?

Hilaryduffgta
06-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Yea went and saw it with my friend during the day was actully a pretty awesome movie and since her husband was at home we got to spend some alone time together so that was a plus...

i was kind of suprised at how good it was actully

OG T UNIT
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
The little lady and I saw it when it first came out. A few minutes into it she was complaining that the middle easterners had british accents. Once I convinced her she had to let that go or not enjoy it at all, we ended up having a good time. A good non-serious summer blockbuster type movie.

Hilaryduffgta
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
LMao sorry to hear that man...i actully never picked up on that part really i'm suprised i didnt noticed it

HarperBird
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I thought it was a waste of time! (see what i did there :P) but seriously wasn't gd and it had so much potential!!!!

kmawson
07-08-2010, 07:15 AM
I enjoyed this film

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I've been trying to see it since it came out. No one will go with me, and I keep telling them that it's getting pretty decent reviews. Seriously, I had to see Knight and Day over PoP.

Yontnaem
07-08-2010, 07:18 AM
I thought it was an ok film. Probably the best video game movie which has come out.

cutchinz
07-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Ya I thought it was good with the humor and everything the action was good too but pretty predictable I knew Ben Kingsley was gonna end up being bad when I first saw him

jtr1gg3r
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Also, what the hell is Orange Wednesday?

Orange is mobile phone network in the UK, and an orange wednesday is an offer they do where you get a code texted to you on wednesday and you can go to the cinema and get 2 ppl in for the price of 1.

Its awesome =P

Atrum Kardia
07-22-2010, 03:06 AM
I've been wanting to see this movie since i heard they were making it. I think im gonna have to wait till it comes out on dvd though.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
I still haven't seen it. Probably just wait till it comes out on Netflix and pick it up then. Hell, I haven't even played the game yet. It's sittin on top of my PS3, ATM. I heard it was actually a good movie, and was kind of wantin to see it.

Tussell
07-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I still haven't seen it. Probably just wait till it comes out on Netflix and pick it up then. Hell, I haven't even played the game yet. It's sittin on top of my PS3, ATM. I heard it was actually a good movie, and was kind of wantin to see it.
Well, it's nothing like the Prince of Persian that has come out for the new generation systems.

sixgun91
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
i thought it was boring and i didnt care about any of the characters. and the princess was an annoying bitch

CodSteaks
07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Tussell, I was kind of glad to read someone saying they liked it, looking forward to renting it at least, but then I read that you didn't like 300 or The Dark Knight?! For shame!! Seems sort of like someone saying they like the new McDonalds angus burger, but don't really like the steak at a 5 star restaurant. :p