PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host?

IINayRII
05-29-2010, 05:13 AM
So, I've never really been into late night talk shows until recently. Earlier this year I stumbled upon some Craig Ferguson monologues and interviews on Youtube. I watched one of his shows and got hooked.

He's hilarious and always has me laughing for the entirety of his show. But I don't really care much for the others. I even bought his Biography. It's really funny throughout and he had one crazy life. The only other I would watch is Conan, and not just because he got screwed by NBC.

So, my question is, which late night talk show host do you watch? That is, if you do watch any.

EDIT: Sorry for leaving out a few. They just really weren't in my mind. If you like any that aren't on the list, please feel free to post them..... While I figure out how to edit polls, if I even can. O.o

Jemocasa
05-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Ferguson is by far the best of the late night talk show hosts. It's too bad that he doesn't do the puppets anymore.

DOOKH8R
05-29-2010, 05:18 AM
What, I can't vote for George Lopez?
Does Leno not have a show anymore?

Massa Siggy
05-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Conan all the way. Never cared much for any of the others.

exo-apollo
05-29-2010, 05:49 AM
I guess Letterman, he is the only one that airs on a regular basis here. But Conan is well funny.

Burning Karma
05-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Conan all the way. The only other late night host I've liked anywhere near as much as Conan would have been Craig Kilborn.

Andrewsc1
05-29-2010, 06:38 PM
conan ftw!

TVthePunisher
05-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I voted Conan but I give props to the others. Mainly Jimmy Fallon, he just started out just about a year ago now and he isn't doing THAT bad. It kind of pains me to see some of his jokes run stale amongst the audience he has though, like sometimes they hardly even make a murmur and if I were in his shoes, I'd be swearing waterfalls...

Jimmy Kimmel is alright, but he's nowhere near the other veterans. He's like a step above what Fallon has but it's really his segments that make the show entertaining (not so much the comedy routine).

Leno is the Conan for Republicans ;>_> no I'm kidding, I honestly don't know which party they belong to but his humor seems more suited to "mature" adults than appealing to a lot of the younger crowd. I mean I like the material he has, especially the newspaper clippings and funny ads, but some of his stuff seems like it has run its course.

Craig Fergueson is right on par with Conan, I should have voted him >=/ ah well...I guess seeing all the "Conan rules!" posts made me vote in his direction but Craig is beast. I don't know, that accent or something...he lures me in...o_O and I love his type of humor, absolutely golden.

As for Conan, it's not so much his very weird and quirky antics he does with his body (seriously, he's like a puppet up there o.o fully functional) but his humor just rocks. The whole NBC vs. Conan thing was hilarious and he really can pull in the laughs, I wonder how his new show will be?

And then there's Letterman, I uh...I just don't like him. It's not because he's an old geezer, it's just his jokes feel too bland to be entertaining to me.

i m redshark
05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Conan decimates the competition, of course I'm just being bias. NBC is stupid for getting rid of him, oh well his new show will be on cable so hopefully it will be like Late Night. I just hope they will bring back some of the characters he had, such as the masturbating bear

Iconoclast
05-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Letterman's where it's at. Can't say I've watched late night TV in quite awhile, though.

Herr Shaun
05-30-2010, 07:48 PM
I love Conan, but Leno and Letterman are sometimes funny. I don't see the appeal of Ferguson.

KeepEmRolling
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Conan closely followed by Letterman...the rest i have no interest in

BrianT
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I didn't vote b/c I can't vote for two. It's a toss up between Letterman and Conan.

Deadly Moves
06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Jonathan Ross

I havent seen all of the american shows.. but the ones i have seen, have been crap

rvlution
06-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Conan definitely. I do like Fallon and Kimmel though. Leno's Headlines are really funny though.

xxcrzy1xx
06-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Conan And craig Ferguson all the way. I agree with above where im not sure what exactly draws ya into Craig but i love it. Really not a fan of jimmy fallon, but its not cause hes a bad host, i've just never found him that funny, even when he was on SNL

Pantherrfan
06-08-2010, 10:43 PM
What about George Lopez?

withoutlove124
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM
i vote for Steven Colbert

bladevesuvan
06-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Conan all the way. The only other late night host I've liked anywhere near as much as Conan would have been Craig Kilborn.

I loved Craig Kilbourne and was crushed when he decided to move on to whatever he's doing now. He was never over the top and I liked that he didn't rely on stupid antics for laughs.

IINayRII
06-10-2010, 01:58 AM
i vote for Steven Colbert

Knew I would get someone saying Colbert or Stewart. But I did ask for late night talk shows, those are more satirical "fake" news shows.

Burning Karma
06-10-2010, 02:50 AM
I loved Craig Kilbourne and was crushed when he decided to move on to whatever he's doing now. He was never over the top and I liked that he didn't rely on stupid antics for laughs.
He's apparently coming back to TV. From the Wiki:
He will be launching his new show "The Kilborn File" on June 28th 2010 on select FOX stations.I hope I have one of the select Fox stations.

sm1 smackdown
07-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Only watched Conan.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/sm1+smackdown.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/sm1+smackdown)
Working on
Retail Games: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Lego Rockband.
Arcade Games: Trials HD, Castle Crashers, Battlefield 1943, Shadow Complex.

thirteentongimp
07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Letterman in the 80's when he used to have guests like Harvey Pekar and old women who claimed to been abducted by aliens. It was the funniest late night show ever. Also, Larry "Bud" Melman. Letterman these days is nothing like what the show was during that era.

Conan is the closest thing to what Letterman was like back in the 80's.

YouTube- Harvey Pekar on Letterman

YouTube- Larry Bud melman on "David Letterman Show" 1985

YouTube- Jerry Lawler slaps Andy Kaufman on David Letterman Show

YouTube- Chris Elliott - Rocketman

Starstrukk X360A
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Conan o'Brien.
Better then anyone.
Fact (:

Hot Glue
07-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Coco all the way.
Laughed my ass off about Jay Leno not being on the list.

MundyGG
07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
jimmy kimmel is the my fav and coco is not far behind
leno is the worst

nix19
08-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Craig but it used to be Conan.

cjpro333
08-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Coco 4 the win!

Poida
08-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Letterman can be a bit of a tool but I find him quite hilarious.

Darth Jas
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Leno Job'd Conan he is always on target.