PDA

View Full Version : Worth Getting?

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, ive heard a lot of great things about this game, but the 70 pound tag for the game+guitar is putting me off, is it worth getting?

How does the game work exactly, do you actually have to play the guitar properly? If so im a guitar player myself so excellent! :)

Opinions plx!

k_dog
04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I have played axe for ten years and so has many of us and we all love it.

I have only heard of one complaint from someone who didnt have a justifiable argument. This is a must own in the eyes of the beholder.

Yes the game is played alot like the real thing and incorperates many techniques used in playing the guitar. Although it wont make you any beter...:p

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Wow....it really sounds amazing.....i think im going to have to get it. Is it still fun for people who dont play guitar, like at partys and with friends?

I N64 I StarFox
04-07-2007, 06:51 PM
look at the serial number and make sure your getting 96065 and not 95055 cause the whammy bar is messed up on the 95055.

k_dog
04-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow....it really sounds amazing.....i think im going to have to get it. Is it still fun for people who dont play guitar, like at partys and with friends?

Dude almost every party at my place, regardless of what the accasion, turns into a GH party. Even non gamers are lined up wanting to play another tune.

The line for GH ends up being longer than the line for Booze, and thats sayin' something.

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Are you here on behalf of the makers of GH, becuase i think they just got another sale? :P

Im going to go out and buy this tommorow! Then maybe host a little gathering at my place next weekend.

Thx for the help mate :)

Oooh....are the tracks on the game just made up? Or do you play along to real songs?

k_dog
04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Real songs mate, some covers, some original recordings.

Song list can be found here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22736

And the bonus tracks are listed in a stickied thread below it titled "x360a High Scores ver. 2"

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Well i just bought it off play.com, 64.99, not a bad deal, anyway i have been working hard so i think i deserve it. Anyway, if its crap, im going to blame it on you!! :P

Just checked the list, its got Beast and the Harlot by A7x, IM GETTING THIS.

k_dog
04-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Just checked the list, its got Beast and the Harlot by A7x, IM GETTING THIS.

I was waiting to see how long it took for you to notice

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Its an awesome song man! Playing along to them will make me feel like a damn god. Esepcially after a few beers (Jumping on couches etc).

k_dog
04-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Its an awesome song man! Playing along to them will make me feel like a damn god. Esepcially after a few beers (Jumping on couches etc).

Been there man:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/kdog_005/379641261_l.jpg

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
haha nice! Mine is arriving next wednesday.....ermmm friday night ill get 2 mates around and have some fun! Ill take some pics and post them for you :)

Zef
04-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, you can play without looking at the screen and with a cat hotel behind you.

I thought it would be impossible to get the hang of seeing as I don't and have never played the guitar. After doing some practise songs then braving the career mode I caught on and now I can do most of the songs quite well on easy. Medium is a bitch though.

graemelunn
04-07-2007, 09:42 PM
lol Zef - I'm about the same as you, I can't play the guitar for shit, but have got through easy, but Medium IS an absolute shit. The first song isn't too bad, but the one by the Clash? No way can my fingers move that quick - rofl.

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Wow.....is it really that hard? Cant wait to get my teeth into this game. What are the achievements like? HArDcOrE?

Zef
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
It is and it isn't. I'd hazard a guess that if you have some experience with real guitars you will have an advantage, but you could get the hang of it and be just as good. Then again you might be like me and just inch your way to 5 stars one song at a time.

Either way it is bloody hilarious. Grab some random people off the street and show off your moves in true rockological (not geological) style. \m/

DFILL450
04-08-2007, 05:53 AM
yeaaa this game is nasty...i think i played this game too much and my 360 overheated and broke now...or somethin like that...so guess i mite have to pick up the elite

morphy
04-08-2007, 06:21 AM
I consider this game to be just as essential for a 360 owner as Gears of War.

As for non-gamers, my fiance has played and enjoyed only two video games in her entire life: Frogger (in the original arcade box) and Guitar Hero II.

DarkDementia
04-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Well mines arriving wednesday!! Cant wait to be honest. Better live up to the hype.

hkd111
04-09-2007, 05:26 AM
i can't play guitar at all but LOVE this game. I can play a little piano which i think gave a better advantage than my friends who play guitar :) i beat the game on medium the first day without failing a song

TuSeMorte
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I picked this game up this weekend and it is very enjoyable.

I would recomend it.

Seankichu
04-10-2007, 02:43 AM
for anyone who doesn't know it's worth it or not i'll put it this way:
I own both 1 and 2 for PS2 as well as 2 for 360 now, all up i've got 5 guitars including white, replacement white, cherry, the guitar mania shredder, and the 360 explorer, with the sixth and seventh coming in the form of a second for multi on 360 and the eventual wireless. I'm also still trying to get the flying V with the second mini set of fret buttons for solos from overseas. Then there's the upcoming 80's version and downloadable content (whatever thats gonna cost).

If you add it up I've spent more money on this game than any other, including Steel Battalion (Rock Band might be the only game to take that crown if it ends up how i imagine) and i'm still willing to give them more.

I don't regret that for a second...

TheSilentAssassin
04-10-2007, 07:32 AM
I don't play the guitar and i have a hell of a lot of fun playing it. Its the most fun when you and your mates have a few cans and decide to play it. Ripper.

codedigital
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
It is and it isn't. I'd hazard a guess that if you have some experience with real guitars you will have an advantage, but you could get the hang of it and be just as good. Then again you might be like me and just inch your way to 5 stars one song at a time.

Either way it is bloody hilarious. Grab some random people off the street and show off your moves in true rockological (not geological) style. \m/

A lot of my friends that are in bigger bands say that it's a bit to the opposite. Knowing how to play a real guitar hinders your ability because you're trying to play all the notes instead of only the ones on the screen. A friend of mine from Failsafe was at the house playing it and whining because he could play the actual songs but GH was kicking his ass.

Now that might not be true for everyone...k_dog seems to have some experience with the axe...but I know that guitar really doesn't give you an "advantage".

k_dog
04-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Now that might not be true for everyone...k_dog seems to have some experience with the axe...but I know that guitar really doesn't give you an "advantage".

It doesn't, the only real advantage you get from it is the muscle memory of your freting hand.

DarkDementia
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Game arrived! Currently playing it now! Loving it, what a game, getting the hang of it already. High scores coming soon lads, you better get playing.

Corizzle
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Rather then make a new topic, figured I would post my question here since it is similar to the question at the start of the topic.

Is this worth it if I already have Guitar Hero II for PS2 or should I wait for Guitar Hero III/Rock Band to make the jump to 360?

DarkDementia
04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I guess aiming for the achivements adds a whole new aspect to the game, so could well be worth it.

k_dog
04-11-2007, 02:38 AM
I guess aiming for the achivements adds a whole new aspect to the game, so could well be worth it.

And all new content with updated visuals and sound

codedigital
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
And all new content with updated visuals and sound

Sounds beautiful on the surround sound.

TS xManiaC
04-13-2007, 08:47 AM
ok well i was gonna start a thread about this, but it seems like you guys have answered my question, i will probably get this game soon