PDA

View Full Version : strategies for hard and expert

delt145
04-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I can get by some of the songs on hard , but later in the game they're just kicking my ass. I have a feeling I've gotten so used to only using 4 notes, that throwing in the 5th, messes with my muscle memory when i try and re orient my hand. Any body have some strategies for trying to break this habit and get used to using all five buttons ?

k_dog
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I can get by some of the songs on hard , but later in the game they're just kicking my ass. I have a feeling I've gotten so used to only using 4 notes, that throwing in the 5th, messes with my muscle memory when i try and re orient my hand. Any body have some strategies for trying to break this habit and get used to using all five buttons ?

Try positioning your hand From Red to Orange and Press Green when needed.

Other tips are provided in a thread on top of the GH forum. :)

codedigital
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM

I just shift entirely. Once an orange comes I move down to where my pinky rests on the orange and move back when needed. I'm sure it's the most common way but it works for me.

DFILL450
04-08-2007, 05:55 AM
i use the regular controller on the harder songs which is really lame but it helps me alot lol.. i need to get better at this game!

k_dog
04-08-2007, 06:10 AM
i use the regular controller on the harder songs which is really lame but it helps me alot lol.. i need to get better at this game!

I would pay MONEY to see you try and play any of the harder songs on Expert using the controller

Stinkyf1re
04-08-2007, 06:20 AM
lol yea, bass co-op is even too hard for me on expert, its gonna take a lot of practice :D cool with me

k_dog
04-08-2007, 06:23 AM
lol yea, bass co-op is even too hard for me on expert, its gonna take a lot of practice :D cool with me

d00d, YYZ = Greatest Bassline of All-Time!:p
SO Fun to play and imagine singing and playing the keys at the same time.
Geddy is God

...Next to Clapton...:p

Ultra_extreme
04-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I too would pay good money to see any of the more difficult songs on hard or expert beat with a pad. Ive beaten easy and medium and now its time to go out and get a coupla guitars!

shiningcheese
04-08-2007, 08:47 PM
dude, you should play john the fisherman bass part ('cause claypool is a ridiculous bassist, in a good way) with the controller instead of the guitar.