PDA

View Full Version : No Rest For The Living New?

BuySomethingWillYa
05-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Just curious. Is "No Rest for the Living" brand new? As in, is it a new chapter created by ID specifically for XBLA? If not, when did it first debut?

Balc0ra
05-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Made especially for XBLA. So its new. Made by nerve software if I am not mistaken.
You can tell its not made by ID on the general level design. They are not to bad. But to linear and simple. But lots of more mobs and harder to find the secrets. The chainsaw, BFG and supershoty is harder to get on that episode.
And it got some of the more nastier and unforgiving levels on UV mode imo. level 5 was nasty the 1st time I played it. It was like they came out of nowhere when you activated a switch or got a key lol.

Kerbz
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
It's definitely for the doom hardcore, it's loads of fun though. I had to save a bit more often than usual :)

Xarxes
05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
It's definitely for the doom hardcore, it's loads of fun though. I had to save a bit more often than usual :)

It's not really at the Doom hardcore level although I will agree it was fun.

.wads like
Hell Revealed 1&2
Speed of Doom
Alien Vendetta
Scythe 1&2

are more at that level, No rest for the living is pretty far off it but is a step up from Doom 2.

Doominatorx6
05-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I love the new levels but they are tough as balls. Nowhere near as challenging as Plutonia though IMO.

Go 2 It, anyone?

mjc0961
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Go 2 It, anyone? I heard someone say this on GameFAQs, and I have to agree: If Final Doom is released to XBLA, beating "Go 2 It" should be an achievement all its own.

Choco Biscuits
05-31-2010, 05:07 PM
I heard someone say this on GameFAQs, and I have to agree: If Final Doom is released to XBLA, beating "Go 2 It" should be an achievement all its own.

I love that level just for it's sheer ridiculousness

edit: Can I just say that's it's quite nice to see some people in here who clearly know their shit when it comes to Doom :D

BenderIsKing
06-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I heard someone say this on GameFAQs, and I have to agree: If Final Doom is released to XBLA, beating "Go 2 It" should be an achievement all its own.

I could imagine some sadistic dev making it so you have to beat it on nightmare... UV is hard enough, but nightmare would just be insane.

God damn, the one part that really sticks out in my mind is when you step out to where one of the keys is and there are just ROWS and ROWS of all the badass enemies (arch viles, revenants, cyberdemon, etc.). :eek:

mjc0961
06-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Well, hopefully for getting any kind of UV achievement, you would be allowed to skip the secret levels like you can in this and the original Doom. And then you just have a separate achievement for beating that single level. Even on "I'm Too Young To Die" it's got to be a bitch and a half.

Xeogred
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I really need to revisit that level, hehe. I'm getting into TNT right now and not sure if I'm liking it as much as Plutonia.

Also speaking of this new episode, after being away from it for awhile I gotta say it was pretty damn good. I can visually picture a lot of the levels so I'd say, they really did a good job with them. I'd say Level 4: Hell Mountain (http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP04:_Hell_Mountain_%28No_Rest_for_the_Living%29) or Level 5: Vivisection (http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP05:_Vivisection_%28No_Rest_for_the_Living%29) were probably my favorites.

Almost kind of wish it was a full 30 some map extra instead of 9.
:woop: