PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Difficulty

Maximus 1482
05-30-2010, 09:29 PM
ok, im done everything u can do in normal, all collectibles and level achievements. getting ready to start my nightmare run. how hard is it? what strategies should i use? any input would be appreciated. thanks.

E FLAY
05-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Nightmare difficulty isn't to bad. Too be honest i died more on normal than on nightmare. They're some parts that are pain in the ass. For me, I don't know about anyone else but poltergeist objects really kick my ass in nightmare diff. Other than that, it should be easy especially since you know where everything is. I'm not sure if i'm right or not but on nightmare difficulty enemies take 2 more shots to be killed than on normal. And ammo is a little more sparse.

MattMoses
05-31-2010, 03:00 AM
The first few levels are harder than the later ones, what with having no flashbangs, and the flare guns/ammo are much more scarce. Just avoid/dodge Taken as often as possible and don't go crazy with your ammo. It would also be wise to find the chests on nightmare playthrough as whatever you find in them will make the episode much easier and quicker to get through.

Srulis
05-31-2010, 04:21 AM
im guessing you need to finish it on regular difficulty to unlock nightmare?
is there any nightmare specific achievements? (also new to this site, is there an abbreviation for ?achievements"?

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-31-2010, 04:57 AM
^ yes there is 1 nightmare achieve and its collectibles on nightmare diff-

infernoterrorize
05-31-2010, 05:00 AM
You can run from almost all the fights. Even the "boss" fights. And if your careful and thorough youll never run out of ammo or light items. For the most part, I just ran from Safe Haven to Safe Haven, only fighting when necessary.

MattMoses
05-31-2010, 05:52 AM
im guessing you need to finish it on regular difficulty to unlock nightmare?
is there any nightmare specific achievements? (also new to this site, is there an abbreviation for ?achievements"?
Either Normal or Hard mode need to be completed to unlock Nightmare. And the two achievements unlocked by playing Nightmare mode are "Alan, Wake Up", which requires you to complete the game on Nightmare mode and "Collector's Edition", where you have to find all the manuscripts in the game, including those few exclusive to Nightmare mode.

Logan I
05-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the info guys, me and my girlfriend played it through together on her gamertag and now I'm playing it on mine on normal so I can unlock Nightmare and I was wondering the same thing myself. Sounds like Nightmare shouldn't be too hard as we breezed through normal difficulty.

E FLAY
05-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Cheevo is a pretty common abbreviation for achievement

E FLAY
05-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone wanted to do a dual cheevo guide with me? It's just an invitation for now i'm not all too prepared with what game but i'm itching to write my first one and if anyone wanted to help with it i'm totally up for it so yeah message me and we'll think of an upcoming game to get a guide going for!

Cookies1560
06-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I find that playing on nightmare is a lot more fun as it adds to the tension

shadowr4ven
06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
apparently everyone plays on Normal first? I'm going through on Hard and i just started Ep 5. I guess I'll be more prepared for the Nightmare mode :)

trublustuuk
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Nightmare seems a bit annoying for me, it's hard when surrounded by loads of Taken and not much battery power, currently battling through ep 2. Hopefully it gets easier when I can use flashbangs :)

DeadOnArrival19
06-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I too am playing through nightmare difficulty, it has'nt been to bad so far, im nearly at the end of episode 4. i have only found a few tricky moments but i have now mastered the art of dodging blows which is a very big help out running the taken. if im overwhelmed and quick dodge and sprint with a drop of a flare normally gets me to the next safe haven ok...... looking forward to completing it hopefully tomorrow night.

trublustuuk
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Finally battled my way to ep 4, stuck on a bit where you have to defeat a harvester with loads of taken coming at you :/

Logan I
06-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Beat it on Nightmare yesterday and then went back today and got the few nightmare pages I missed. It wasn't really all that hard at all on nightmare. The guys take more shots to kill (about twice as many shots as on normal) and you take a bit more damage when getting hit, but as for the ammo being more sparse I would have to disagree. I am constantly on the look out for supplies and I would have to say that there is the exact same amount of stuff on nightmare as their is on normal. It really isn't too hard, remember that if you get overwhelmed with lots of guys alot of times its just easier to run to the next light/safe haven.