PDA

View Full Version : "This Avatar Item is not on your console, do you want to download it?"

JDUB XL
05-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I unlocked the first Avatar award a few days ago and last night I went to check it out in the Avatar editor and I noticed that the shirt did not appear with the rest of the tops like they normally do. I went into the Awards section and it was there.

When I clicked on it, it gave me a message that said, "This item is not on your console, would you like to download it?" I pressed yes and it said "saving" for about 10 seconds and then the shirt seemed to be usable just fine and it also appeared in the tops section. This seemed really strange to me. Are the Blur items not actually stored on the disc and need to be downloaded?

Has this happened to anyone else with this game or any others?

Chief Fuglyhead
05-31-2010, 01:16 AM
I had the same experience. Maybe they were a last minute addition to the game??

morpheus2n
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I think thats what the auto patch was as theres no awards when I play it on a offline console (could be wrong though)

nanochef
06-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I unlocked the first Avatar award a few days ago and last night I went to check it out in the Avatar editor and I noticed that the shirt did not appear with the rest of the tops like they normally do. I went into the Awards section and it was there.

When I clicked on it, it gave me a message that said, "This item is not on your console, would you like to download it?" I pressed yes and it said "saving" for about 10 seconds and then the shirt seemed to be usable just fine and it also appeared in the tops section. This seemed really strange to me. Are the Blur items not actually stored on the disc and need to be downloaded?

Has this happened to anyone else with this game or any others?

Hey, I got 2 t-shirts 1 with the yellow VS symbol and one with a white car on a purple field of dust. I always go strait to the avatar awards section rather than the apparel area and I had to download the VS t-shirt as you did, however the 2nd tshirt did not do this.

Im wondering if u download 1 that maybe they all download.

The Destroyernatorer
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Same thing happened to me. When it had finished saving I was wearing the shirt either. Had to go back in and re-select it.

It looks great though.

Luke o
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
I had to download too.. that's the only one i got so far though so I'll let you know about the next one..

Dragonlightning
06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
well this is new, i have a glitched award. I finished the sticker book and the award hasn't unlocked, any ideas?

Edit:
I had to redo the first event again. Not sure why i had to or why it worked but it did. Thanks to "FL trooper be" for the solution.