PDA

View Full Version : Do statistics carry over between save files?

CrossFireZX5
05-31-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm going to hold off on doing a Nightmare playthrough until I have a bit of free time in my schedule (Got to finish ME2 on Insanity, Co-Op in Splinter Cell, 3 Achievements in Lego Indy and a 2nd playthrough of BioShock 2 over the course of June, with sessions of green Day Rock Band in between) and anyway, when I was figuring all this out I started wondering if the statistics carry over between save files, because it will save me alot of hassle in the long run (I have 18/30 chests, 20/25 signs, 86/106 manuscript pages and 75-ish/100 coffee thermoses)

MattMoses
05-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Yes, everything will carry over when you start Nightmare mode.

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-31-2010, 04:58 AM
ok good... I'd hate to restart as I really close.

ToxicVampire
05-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Don't mean to hijack but I know one manuscript achievement says you have to find all the ones available on Normal mode. Is that entirely accurate or could I find the 5 or so I missed in Nightmare, plus all the Nightmare exclusive ones and get both achievements?

Reaperxslayer
05-31-2010, 09:31 PM
I would imagine that they would carry over, i don't think the game would be that evil to us. Ive just finished my first playthrough on normal and will be playing it on nightmare later on tomorrow no doubt.

wildwest08
05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
i am doing it right now on nightmare after finishing the game on normal and they do carry over

Master Chief403
06-01-2010, 12:45 AM
yes they do
which is really helpful esp. if u didnt get all of the coffee or the pages

Logan I
06-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Everything carries over between playthroughs, coffee, manuscript pages, even progress towards x number of kills with specific weapons, burn 1000 birds, tvs, radios, all of it. The only thing that is seperated by playthrougs is the fact that you cannot get the nightmare pages on any difficulty other than nightmare (seems somewhat obvious though)

francisrossi
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I was wondering this. Glad I checked rather than made a new thread, thus looking like a noob.

rsra13
06-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Yeah, wondering the same. I knew about playing specific chapters to get some achievements, but they were part of the same save, Normal. Good to know that they are there in Nightmare.

chris_ninety1
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Further to the question asked, rather than start a new thread for it - things like thermoses, if you find one on one play through, does that same thermos reappear on a second playthrough, or will you just be left with the ones you missed before?

francisrossi
06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Further to the question asked, rather than start a new thread for it - things like thermoses, if you find one on one play through, does that same thermos reappear on a second playthrough, or will you just be left with the ones you missed before?

Should be the same as with restarting checkpoints, where they reappear, but aren't added on to your score again, as the game auto-saves whenever you find one.