PDA

View Full Version : ‘Keep Your Balance’ - The Comparison

Agent Aero
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
At first i thought this achievement was very luck based and that there was no definative way of getting it. So i decided to make this guide for you to compare your playthrough with mine to see if you're on track for this achievement.

I will be be telling you how many style points i had at certain points in the game so you can see if you are on course for the achievement or not.

Firstly you must have completed the game at least once to unlock the Golden Bullets difficulty, this makes all of your bullets much more powerful and can dispatch enemies within 2-4 shots, however your life will drain much more quickly.

Points to remember:

Look around for the pick-ups that give you style points, they're relatively easy to find.

Try to chain your kills together and constantly retain a high multiplier.

During the sequences where you have to disable the spawn points try to pick up the pickups that add to your multiplier. These are huge red rings with a number inside i.e. x2, x3, and x4. But do not go out of your way to get them, if they are near you and you can get them without losing a lot of health then go for it.

During the sequences where you have to disable the spawn points be sure to keep killing the enemies until they have finished spawning, but be careful not to close the gates too early by shooting at them. All it takes is a few stray bullets and you could jeopardise your chance of getting 50,000 points.

Remember not to upgrade any of Rubi’s abilities or do not upgrade any of your guns.

I personally upgraded health to the maximum as soon as i could which cost me 6,000 style points. This is strongly advised.

Chapter 1 – Chinatown Rundown
Finished the chapter with: 3,362 Style Points.(I fully upgraded Rubi’s health here which costs 6,000 SP)

Chapter 2 – Vehicular Carnage
Finished the chapter with: 3,787 Style Points

Chapter 3 – Boneyard Workout
Finished the chapter with: 3,787 Style Points

Chapter 4 – You Dirty Rat
Finished the chapter with: 12,540 Style Points

Chapter 5 - Everybody Runs
Finished the chapter with: 19,630 Style Points

Chapter 6 - Falling for Kafka
Finished the chapter with: 20,165 Style Points

Chapter 7 - Uninvited Guest
Finished the chapter with: 29,432 Style Points

Chapter 8 - Breaking the Ice
Finished the chapter with: 38,877 Style Points

Chapter 9 – The Opera House
Finished the chapter with: 49,250 Style Points

Chapter 10 - Shock Therapy
Finished the chapter with: 50,179 Style Points

Chapter 11 - Road Rage
Finished the chapter with: 51,339 Style Points

Chapter 12 - Head to Head
Finished the chapter with: 59,158 Style Points
*Near the end of this chapter i was then able to upgrade all of Rubi’s abilities and upgrade all of my guns. This gave me the ‘Hey Big Spender’ achievement*

Chapter 13
N/A

So that’s the end of the guide and i hope it helps many of you, i’m open to criticism and also please suggest other things i could add to the guide.

Giptuc
06-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the list. Will be able to compare this to myself when i go for the Hey Big Spender cheevo.

Pentexrx8
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
During the sequences where you have to disable the spawn points be sure to keep killing the enemies until they have finished spawning, but be careful not to close the gates too early by shooting at them. All it takes is a few stray bullets and you could jeopardise your chance of getting 50,000 points.

I made sure to aim both guns at the same guy to avoid too many stray bullets. Since in Golden Bullet it only takes a shot or two to kill you don't really need to be blasting away. A well placed shot is much better. Just make sure the auto aim and manual aim are on the same guy.

Agent Aero
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the list. Will be able to compare this to myself when i go for the Hey Big Spender cheevo.

I managed to get 'Keep you balance' AND 'Hey Big spender' whilst i was compiling this list. Just make sure to upgrade Rubi before you follow the fat guy in a fur jacket through a door into a hallway which is on fire.

If you find yourself in the hallway which i on fire just kill yourself and upgrade her. You may get lucky ;)

Sampson
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
This will help quite a bit. That Big Spender achievement's a bitch!!

Giptuc
06-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Alright. I just finished my golden bullet playthrough, and this is what i ended up with..

Finished the chapter with: 6440 Style Points. (Fully upgraded health as well, so 12,440 total)

Finished the chapter with: 6865 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 19579 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 28894 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 29419 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 41189 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 49024 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 57903 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 58783 Style Points

Chapter 11 - Road Rage
Finished the chapter with: 59448 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 67451 Style Points

Chapter 13
N/A

Alright, so as it can be seen, i finished the game with 67451 style points. As soon as i hit 60k points total, i couldnt really be bothered with it any more, and just went through, pretty much shooting the doors in the arenas after about 10 - 15 enemies.

The key to it all it just running up walls/jumping, slide, run up/jump, etc. It doubles your points, so at x5, you can do this and for a normal kill you will get 100, and for a headshot you will get 150 (5x5 = 25 + 50 x2). so you run around and grab the x2 and x3 pickups while doing this and it just goes up really fast. But get it to 5x, then just stay in a good spot and kill them... it doesnt really matter if it drops to around x4, because it can get to x5 really easy, but when it drops to around x3, its time to get another pick up

Total, i gained 73,451 style points throughout a golden bullet playthrough of the game, so the achievement is VERY achieveable, you just have to have a good strategy. I just repeated the one i said above for every single arena, and make sure you CHECK CRATES. I would have gotten about 6k points just from them alone.

Agent Aero
06-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Alright. I just finished my golden bullet playthrough, and this is what i ended up with..

Finished the chapter with: 6440 Style Points. (Fully upgraded health as well, so 12,440 total)

Finished the chapter with: 19579 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 28894 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 29419 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 41189 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 49024 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 57903 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 58783 Style Points

Chapter 11 - Road Rage
Finished the chapter with: 59448 Style Points

Finished the chapter with: 67451 Style Points

Chapter 13
N/A

Alright, so as it can be seen, i finished the game with 67451 style points. As soon as i hit 60k points total, i couldnt really be bothered with it any more, and just went through, pretty much shooting the doors in the arenas after about 10 - 15 enemies.

The key to it all it just running up walls/jumping, slide, run up/jump, etc. It doubles your points, so at x5, you can do this and for a normal kill you will get 100, and for a headshot you will get 150 (5x5 = 25 + 50 x2). so you run around and grab the x2 and x3 pickups while doing this and it just goes up really fast. But get it to 5x, then just stay in a good spot and kill them... it doesnt really matter if it drops to around x4, because it can get to x5 really easy, but when it drops to around x3, its time to get another pick up

Total, i gained 73,451 style points throughout a golden bullet playthrough of the game, so the achievement is VERY achieveable, you just have to have a good strategy. I just repeated the one i said above for every single arena, and make sure you CHECK CRATES. I would have gotten about 6k points just from them alone.

That's actually a really high score dude :eek:. But as mine is lower i'm going to keep my comparison on the first post? Because i'm trying to find out the minimum you can score for each chapter and still get the 50k achievement. If you understand ;)

DentedEnvelope
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Nice comparison guide. Should help me get this cheevo ;)

Giptuc
06-05-2010, 04:30 AM
That's actually a really high score dude :eek:. But as mine is lower i'm going to keep my comparison on the first post? Because i'm trying to find out the minimum you can score for each chapter and still get the 50k achievement. If you understand ;)

Yeah haha, mine was really high cause i read in a diff thread about the wall run/jump thing, so i was like.. i should try that, and did it heaps cause i thought urs was pretty high lol.. then after the first chapter im like.. holy crap xD, and just kept up with it

jamie1000013
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
So you can still upgrade on level 13? Or do you restart chapter 12 and then upgrade?

I'm going to follow this religiously LOL. Hopefully I get this.

Agent Aero
10-24-2010, 08:56 AM
No, level 13 is just a cut scene really where you kill the blind woman and the older guy. The latest point you can upgrade is just before you chase the fat guy through a door, late in chapter 12.

JDrock Thompson
11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
just wondering, im on hard mode and in chapter 8 i believe with around 35k points. Does the achievement pop up once you reach 50k then can you spend them right after to get upgrade achievements. "I just decided to keep my points and see if i can do it on hard mode(First playthrough) and seem to be doing well with the comparsion so don't think golden nullet mode is needed" Anyways does the achievement pop up once you reach 50k points or do you need to complete the game for it to appear?