PDA

View Full Version : Sign/Thermos glitch fix?

Astro Chompski
05-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Anyone knows if there will be a patch for the glitched signs and thermos cans?
Unfortunately my game glitched at 24 of 25 signs although I'm 200% sure I got them all (ran through the game twice to make sure I had them all) :(

Blaq Dynamite
06-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Thats exactly what happened to me!! I even went through the game again and followed a collectibles guide to the letter and it still left me with 24/25! I need to finish Nightmare mode and then I'm going to clear everything that is Alan Wake from my xbox and try again.

MattMoses
06-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Weird, I know quite a few people along with myself who had no problem finding all the collectibles.

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm looking for one more thermos and I used a collectible guide on my nightmare playthrough. I've got everything else. 99/100 thermoses is just driving me crazy.

Astro Chompski
06-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I need to finish Nightmare mode and then I'm going to clear everything that is Alan Wake from my xbox and try again.

I was thinking the same thing. But honestly.. if there's going to be a patch soon I'd rather wait for that instead of running through the game again. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but 4 playthroughs in 1 month..... :O Not now Red Dead's out :P

Astro Chompski
06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Weird, I know quite a few people along with myself who had no problem finding all the collectibles.
Lucky you!

I'm looking for one more thermos and I used a collectible guide on my nightmare playthrough. I've got everything else. 99/100 thermoses is just driving me crazy.
I also went for the collectibles on my nightmare playthrough.. Might that be the problem?!

I hope they fix it soon. The game auto saved after every collectible so that would mean that a simple patch would fix it... I think :]

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I dunno but I've watched many thermos video guides in addition to written guides. For a fact, I've double checked episode 1,2,3,5,6. Episode 4 could hold my missing one but I doubt it since I watched that video guide as well. :(

Not to mention this is my last achievement for 1000/1000 on this game.

Absolutionz
06-01-2010, 09:52 PM
The sign/history in the police station didn't register for me. When I go through again on Nightmare difficulty will I have to collect all of the history/signs again or just the one I'm missing? Hopefully it'll register when I go back through.

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
The sign/history in the police station didn't register for me. When I go through again on Nightmare difficulty will I have to collect all of the history/signs again or just the one I'm missing? Hopefully it'll register when I go back through.

I followed a guide and got all the signs just in case but you should only have to get the signs you missed. I'll go through the game one more time I think for that thermos but I can't stand being 99/100.

Typeonegativ71
06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I played through on Normal and got about 90% of the collectables. Next I played through on Nightmare and got the rest save 1 chest I had to get in an Episode 2 playthrough. Didn't have any problems with achievements not popping when expected but I think there were a couple of pictures/signs you could look at that weren't considered part of the count so if you were strictly counting the numbers rather than checking off each sign listed in a guide or something, that may throw your count off.

To answer your question--in your second playthrough, you do not need to pick the same items up again. Just grab the ones you missed.

Absolutionz
06-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Alright, cool. Thanks.

Donkey Lips
06-02-2010, 03:53 AM
This is why I check the statistics whenever I finish a chapter. I make sure that all of my collectables are the number they should be, so I know what chapter I messed up if I missed something. This saved me after I missed a thermos that was in a cave next to a sign you had to read.

Blaq Dynamite
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Okay so I finished Nightmare mode and then cleared all my saved data from my hard drive but unfortunately the stats are still there. So i am still stuck on 24/25 signs! :mad:

Blaq Dynamite
06-04-2010, 02:59 AM
I feel like an idiot but I found the last sign. Chapter 2 there are 2 signs next to each other. You need to look at the one on the left and pop goes the achievement.

Beastmaster
06-04-2010, 03:01 AM
I had no problems with the achievments. The two you might have missed and not realized it.

In the police station you have to read both signs not just one, the wanted poster and the one next to it.

On Episode Six, at the lumber mill looking area you have to read two signs that are very close to each other. the first one is on the left and the other one is on the right hand side.

Those could be either of the signs you missed.

As for Thermoses, it could be any number of them, I'd suggest using the color guide on this site mixed with various youtube videos for the various collectables through the episodes. I found the 5 or so thermos I was missing and the two signs I mentioned above.

Pearson
06-04-2010, 03:57 AM
So far I haven't encountered any problems in finding collectibles. I hope that I don't encounter that problem. The last time something like that happened to me, I was playing Assassins Creed to where I found 60/60 Templars but only received credit for only 59 of them. It definitely sucks!