PDA

View Full Version : Help with the final climb

Reach Infinity
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
towards the end of the game you enter a room titled the final climb and im almost certain his room is impossible. I get stuck in the very beginning of the room. you press the button on the floor and run up the waterfalls to jump on a solid swinging pole, then to a water swinging pull then a narrow platform. This is where i get stuck, there is 2 waterfalls and a waterpole (wp = waterpole)(w = waterfall)(p = platform)(x = characters loacation after running up first waterfalls) P WP W W X.............i think you have to jump through the first waterfall and freeze the second and start jumping back and forth between the 2 waterfalls, unfreeze and jump to the waterpole. but when i do this and freeze, the prince just falls through the frozen waterpole. helps please?

Bajan Elite
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
make sure you freeze as soon as u hit the waterfall, if you do that afterwards you r not able to grab the frozen pole.

Ooyah
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
towards the end of the game you enter a room titled the final climb and im almost certain his room is impossible. I get stuck in the very beginning of the room. you press the button on the floor and run up the waterfalls to jump on a solid swinging pole, then to a water swinging pull then a narrow platform. This is where i get stuck, there is 2 waterfalls and a waterpole (wp = waterpole)(w = waterfall)(p = platform)(x = characters loacation after running up first waterfalls) P WP W W X.............i think you have to jump through the first waterfall and freeze the second and start jumping back and forth between the 2 waterfalls, unfreeze and jump to the waterpole. but when i do this and freeze, the prince just falls through the frozen waterpole. helps please?

This most certainly is one of the stupidest jumps in difficulty I have seen in a game in ages. The game is so easy before that room, and then... BAM!!!!!

Yes you're right, you have to jump back and forth, freezing and un-freezing as needed. It does seem that if you freeze a vertical sheet of water too late, the prince will just pat it, and then fall. The trick seems to be to freeze just as early as you can. I know that this is really hard when jumping through another vertical sheet of water, but do it too late, and he will fall.

I hate to say it, but the very final part of this room, with a pole, and then like five or six sheets of water is just pure malice. However... get into a rhythm and you should make it okay. It takes quite a bit of practice, but you will get there. Good luck!

tmacairjordan87
06-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Yeah you have the right idea, but don't beat yourself up it is a ridiculously tough jump

*spoiler alert* Be ready cause a little further on there's one with at least 3 waterfalls >.<