PDA

View Full Version : FNG - no pistol, sir!

Himuton
06-01-2010, 01:56 AM
I just got the "New Squadron Record" achievement (after 20 tries) and there must be some mistake about how to get it.

Never switch to the pistol unless you are a fucking pro! MP5 short bursts at most cost you 0.5s of bonus time whilst you can waste far more than that if the pistol doesn't hit. Moreover, due to time constraint, the last two targets must be shot through the wood. How the heck is a sane person able to score two hits on targets out of sight with a pistol?!

But there are some correct tips: never reload, always sprint and make some goddamned practice to improve accuracy (not about shooting but throwing flashbangs).

Sitting and watching how other people did it on Youtube may give a general picture of it but it won't grant the viewer the skills with his own hands.

Anyway, good luck. Switch to your pistol if you like to play with risk!

Oliv3rP
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
pistols are better because the accuracy bonus will be better no matter how good you are with mp5

Coxy x360a
06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Its such an easy achievement. As long as you can aim, you are fine, no matter what gun you use.

Himuton
06-02-2010, 04:30 AM
You can say RELATIVELY EASY compared to "Mile High Club" but it isn't THAT EASY at all.

The pistol is more accurate but you mustn't miss. It's all fine if some players can do it with a pistol. I'm just trying to make sense with the "less potent" players that the MP5 may save the day.

Witness
06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
i think the pit in mw2 is more enjoyable, and more challenging than the mw1 counterpart cargo ship

Blah 2k
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
i think the pit in mw2 is more enjoyable, and more challenging than the mw1 counterpart cargo ship

I agree with this. Cargo ship mock up was a pain in the ass for me. ( Getting the achievement for it anyway )

Cop Face
06-10-2010, 08:25 AM
It took me less than five time through to get it... I used the MP5. Having good trigger control is the key.

LizardKingv666
10-01-2010, 08:46 AM
It's true that the pistol will get you more accurancy bonus. But the key for this is really just practise. People who play shooters all the time will get it faster than people like me that are playing every kind of games. I hope to get this achiebvement this weekend - btw my best time was 20,3 seconds (can you imagine how pissed I was?).

GR4V1G0R3
10-05-2010, 03:03 AM
it's been said a lot before

aim is key, but also trigger control, and perfectly placed & timed flashbangs

learn where to throw the flash, and when and then pre-empt the flash so you're moving almost without stopping.

i didn't use the pistol, and to be honest i don't think i reloaded the mp5 either. i only just got 19.1 with bonus, if i was better at using the stick to sprint i might have done better.

this is far easier than 'the pit' from MW2, which i can't do for the life of me. bah that reminds me, i've gotta finish that piece of shit..... damn!

Angel0 di Morte
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
One of the reasons people recommend the pistol is because you can move faster with it. I did this like a week ago so I'm fuzzy (played the whole game since then, just need "Mile High"), but I think I used the pistol in the end because of how close of was with the... G36? Whatever the gun was with the holo-sight. I think my best time was 20.2 or something like that. When I switched the pistol, only took a couple runs because I knew exactly where to shoot already. Practice is the key.

smotherymidget
10-06-2010, 08:45 AM
alot of my friends struggled to get this but i found it easy

pistol is more accurate

iBlessing 09
10-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Pistols are better, done it on my first try after memorizing the route.

iiDaRReN316x
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Well done i guess.

Volzagia
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Personally I think its pretty easy, I found the pistol to be very helpful too