PDA

View Full Version : 99/100 Thermoses! OMG!!!!

Kal_El
06-01-2010, 03:04 AM
i somehow missed a thermos...i dont know how! is there any way to tell which episode u missed it in??? i really dont wanna have to look for them all again *sigh*

Tyger7
06-01-2010, 04:05 AM
i somehow missed a thermos...i dont know how! is there any way to tell which episode u missed it in??? i really dont wanna have to look for them all again *sigh*

No way to tell. You'll have to check every spot again. Did you get the very last one that you shine your light on?

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-01-2010, 04:20 AM
thats harsh...... You'll have to look all over again.

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Yep, I'm in the same boat and I really wish Remedy would have broken down collectibles by chapter in each episode. Would makes me much more easy.

Kal_El
06-01-2010, 05:35 AM
No way to tell. You'll have to check every spot again. Did you get the very last one that you shine your light on?

yea i did and i was waiting for the achievement and it didnt pop! and i checked i had 99 omg! lol when i play nightmare can i get it there?

Tyger7
06-01-2010, 05:39 AM
yea i did and i was waiting for the achievement and it didnt pop! and i checked i had 99 omg! lol when i play nightmare can i get it there?

Yes all the thermoses you collected will be gone from the world. There will only be one. You'll have to go to every spot and double check it. At least its only the thermoses!

Lukhuta
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Im sure the problem you have is that you took a thermos then died. I noticed in a checkpoint near a thermos that it doesn't save to your gamefile right after taking it, but reset it if you die. Out of luck anyway , 99/100 is just harsh >.<

Good luck man, seriously^^

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I followed Tyger's guide that best I could and I was left to only one left. Also, I've watched video guides for each episode and I've replayed chapters on the episodes and it's boggling my mind.

MakoBallistic
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM
This threads title made me LOL, i have nothing but sympathy for people in this situation, I am far from even finishing the game on Normal but am dreading something like this happening, especially as its happened to me on so many other games before! (InFamous im looking at you!)

Im considering deleting my save and playing it through again to get all the collectibles as i havent been following a guide as I didnt want anything to spoil the story. Im actually shocked that this game doesnt tell you how many your missing in each chapter and whantnot. Considering how long it was in development youd think someone would have thought of it!

Tha Mantis
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Same thing happened to me only I wasn't using a guide my first playthrough. Used one for Nightmare and had to go to every spot. Its a pain but not TOO bad.

Cephiros
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
As far as I can tell, I've double checked episode 1,2,3,5,6. Episode 4 the only one i have not double checked so I'll try that. I could start a new save file and get through the game pretty quickly since I've played it so much already lol.

Volzagia
06-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I feel for you man, It took me ages to find the last chest.

Red Testament
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm in the same boat. I played through the game, got a good amount of them, then replayed using a guide. Of course, I didn't check every spot as I knew for certain that I had gotten some. But I'm sure there was one that I was certain I got and didn't. Now to start over. I really hope I'm not missing one in episode 6.

wildwest08
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
i have the same problem!!!!

Grimdog John
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Same thing happened to me, going to play through again when I get the DLC episodes.

Did anyone else see a message when collecting the first thermos saying "1 of 100"? It never showed up again for me?

Langeboy
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
This threads title made me LOL, i have nothing but sympathy for people in this situation, I am far from even finishing the game on Normal but am dreading something like this happening, especially as its happened to me on so many other games before! (InFamous im looking at you!)

Im considering deleting my save and playing it through again to get all the collectibles as i havent been following a guide as I didnt want anything to spoil the story. Im actually shocked that this game doesnt tell you how many your missing in each chapter and whantnot. Considering how long it was in development youd think someone would have thought of it!
Unfortunately even if you delete your save, that won't help you. I was in this exact position about three days ago, I had 99/100 thermoses and it was stopping me from getting 1k in this game. I tried deleting my save, but your statistics page is set-up to your gamer-tag not your save. There's no way to restart looking for thermoses. Well none that I'm aware of anyway.
I feel for you Kal_El, I was in the same position the other day. I went through each stage ticking them off very carefully, and found it in Episode five. On Tyger's guide it was coffee thermos #63. Maybe that one's an easy miss? It's quite a way off the road to see from the truck.

Daxdiv
06-02-2010, 03:08 AM
I was in the same boat as well. My advice would be to look at video guides to see if any spot is familiar or not. Turns out the one I missed was after going up that big hill in Episode 3, that I forgot to turn left and get the Thermos there. Forgot to get that when I went back manuscript hunting.

Ingles
06-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Unfortunately even if you delete your save, that won't help you. I was in this exact position about three days ago, I had 99/100 thermoses and it was stopping me from getting 1k in this game. I tried deleting my save, but your statistics page is set-up to your gamer-tag not your save. There's no way to restart looking for thermoses. Well none that I'm aware of anyway.
I feel for you Kal_El, I was in the same position the other day. I went through each stage ticking them off very carefully, and found it in Episode five. On Tyger's guide it was coffee thermos #63. Maybe that one's an easy miss? It's quite a way off the road to see from the truck.

Would deleting all saves and clearing out the cache perhaps work? It's a thought. I'm on Episode 3 now and still have a ways to go. I've just been playing through my first time for the fun of it and will be using a guide my second time through, definitely!

Best of luck to you friend!

N3xus Gam3r
06-02-2010, 05:02 AM
i had 99 too.

but i searched through the Guide Videos and list to check if missed something, in the end i found it :D

on episode 1, lol...

Cephiros
06-02-2010, 05:11 AM
i had 99 too.

but i searched through the Guide Videos and list to check if missed something, in the end i found it :D

on episode 1, lol...

Don't tell me it's the very last one where you run down the road to a dead end? I could have sworn I checked that but I was mistaken I guess since I finally got that achievement now. No more Alan Wake until Late July for me. :)

N3xus Gam3r
06-02-2010, 05:12 AM
No it wasn't :D

Cephiros
06-02-2010, 05:13 AM
On the flip side, I pretty much know the whole game like the band of my hand. Lol

Thugsta
06-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Same here 98/100 Remedy definitely should bring up a patch that list's each collectibles to their episode :mad:

AlSuwaidix
06-02-2010, 07:43 AM
There is a Youtube for all the collectables in the game. I guess if u watch it u will not miss anything ;)

Langeboy
06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Would deleting all saves and clearing out the cache perhaps work? It's a thought. I'm on Episode 3 now and still have a ways to go. I've just been playing through my first time for the fun of it and will be using a guide my second time through, definitely!

Best of luck to you friend!
Well I didn't exactly delete my save, I put my second, smaller HDD into my Xbox and recovered my gamer-tag. The second HDD didn't have any save from Alan Wake, and when I went into the game it still showed my same statistics. I didn't clear my cache, I made a thread asking if that would work and nobody really had a solid answer for me.
You can give it a go, but if you are going to delete your save, don't get your hopes up and definitely keep a back-up on a USB or something else! :) Good luck.

Hawaiian
06-02-2010, 09:52 AM
As I said it in another thread there is unfortunately no way of resetting the stats for Alan Wake because they are tied to your Gamertag.

Kal_El
06-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I found it!!!!!!!!!! i figured it was in episode 6! it was the part where the poltergist objects are falling out of the sky! and there is a thermos sitting in a metal container! omg i died there after i picked it up! apparently it didnt save it OMG!! what a relief!! now just nightmare left to do! yay!

Red Testament
06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats. I imagine my last one is the same. Early on I figured even after dying that getting a previous thermos would be saved. But I know different now. I only have 2 episodes to check.

trublustuuk
06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
So frustrating, last collectable I've to do before I get the three Nightmare achievements (hard but I guess you get that if you complete it on nightmare), Followed the guide to get everything but alas one short :(

infernoterrorize
06-03-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm in the same boat. I played through the game, got a good amount of them, then replayed using a guide. Of course, I didn't check every spot as I knew for certain that I had gotten some. But I'm sure there was one that I was certain I got and didn't. Now to start over. I really hope I'm not missing one in episode 6.

Ive got the same problem. Going back to the ones I was certain that id missed only to find that i already got it.

Logan I
06-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Im in the same boat, I've got 99/100 and have no idea which one I missed. i swear I have picked up every one but apparently not, I even followed the color coded collectible guide found here on these forums but I still missed one somehow. I'm going to use youtube video walkthroughs so I can find my last thermos, I have all the other collectibles... this is getting to be a bit tedious

Ron Jeremy R6
06-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I also followed the color coded guide, but after every episode I checked if I had all the collectables, so after episode 5 I missed one, I played it again and I missed the one at the control room for the moving bridge, it didn't register I think, because I definitely picked it up the first time. The second time it registered and the cheevo popped up..

Logan I
06-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I found the one I was missing, it was in epsiode 1, like the 11th one you get in the game i think... Anyway just happy to have all my collectibles done!

trublustuuk
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Gonna have a quick fly through later see if I can get this last pesky cheevo grrrrrrrrr

TarvDietts
06-06-2010, 04:16 PM
that's the worst part about these kind of achievements. i print out a list and check them off as i pick them up. doesn't help when you die before a checkpoint and forget to go get it again. :(

Quid Squid
06-06-2010, 05:07 PM
1 damn thermos is holding me up from 1000 points!!! :rant:

Red Testament
06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Ive got the same problem. Going back to the ones I was certain that id missed only to find that i already got it.

Finally found mine. I feel like an idiot now. It was in Episode 3, in the red barn right before you get ambushed by like 7 Taken, near that lake. On my second playthrough I went to it, but got ambushed. The way I was facing after killing them, I was near items and the thermos. I wasn't really watching the screen for what the prompt was for which item. So when I thought I picked up a thermos I actually picked up a flare. :mad:

FrankMcClane
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I know of three that I have walked by and have to go back through and get now. At least I know I missed them though. Hope those are the only ones when it comes to the end.

F Swan
06-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah I'm on 99/100 too, when I reached the end of my collectible playthrough and had 1 missing, was so annoying, I haven't played the game since ... I'll have to get back to it soon though.
I got a feeling mines in chapter 3 I was killed after picking one up ...

Hoborg
06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I was in the same situation as you guys. Found mine in the mine shack before you enter the museum (daylight) in Ep 3.

Check that one, it can be easy to overlook especially if you think you already did that part like I did in earlier playthroughs.

trublustuuk
06-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I hate this cheevo, I don't knwo how many times I went through each level now, watched vids on youtube and everytime I thought it was that one I check and I already had :(

Shrimp my Ride
06-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah I'm stuck in this situation as well. The same thing happened for me with the Pigeons in GTA IV. SOOOOO frustrating.

Undead Genocide
07-28-2010, 04:43 AM
This is driving me CRAZY!!!... I've used Tyger's color guide, and I'm STILL at 99/100... I've completed at least 5 complete play-throughs plus additional individual episode play-throughs, and I'm still missing 1 thermos! I am positive that it's not there.

Some people have posted that one would respawn in Nightmare mode... I wonder if it would be worth another time through? All of my trips back through were on Normal.

Any suggestions???...

the red worm
07-28-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm at 99/100 after two playthroughs. First time through I enjoyed the game and got whatever collectibles I could and the 2nd time I used the colored guide and got everything but one thermos. I'll get it eventually.

intrinsc
07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Man, just look at walkthroughs for the thermoses and look for any locations you don't recognize having been to and get a few in your head and check them in game. You won't have to check many spots unless you are a chimpanzee.(I suggest next gen walkthrough for individual collectible guides.)

TheFalcon
07-28-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm stuck on 99/100 now after finishing Nightmare. When I am gonna learn my lesson with collectibles? The key to not getting stuck with this is to ignore ALL collectibles until you do a collectible run. But most of these had story relevence so I said screw it and started picking some up. And now I'm screwed.

EDIT: Found it! It was #58, the first one in the Anderson Farm chapter in episode 4.

Coffee Thermos (58/100): There will be a cut scene and you’ll be on foot without any items. Run over a mine cart bridge and head to your left. Once you’re at the light before the mine, turn around and run to the back of the wooden platform.

I completely misinterpreted the description and thought it was that wooden platform you walk past just after Barry uses the flare on the taken down below. Everyone missing one should check this one. It's the first thermos for this chapter and it's very easy to miss.

Molly
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm in the same boat... every time I look at the guide and go through, I hope each thermos is the one I'm missing. Just started episode 4... hopefully I'll find soon too. Definitely agree that they should break it down by episode like they did the other collectibles. Hopefully they'll take that to consideration for future Alan Wake games... fingers crossed.

the red worm
08-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Finally got 100/100.

Coffee Thermos (30/100): After getting in the truck and the driving instructions appear, drive through the gate the axe enemy broke and take a right at when you see the street. You cannot continue, but will notice the thermos at the barricade. Hit the button to get out of the truck.

now just need to do RoS, shouldn't be too bad since I just did nightmare mode so I should be pretty sharp.

Jack Pumpkinhed
08-03-2010, 01:27 AM
I had the same issue. My one I missed was on top of the huge hill when you're running to meet the redneck guy (there's an achievement associated with him, I just haven't played this in so long I forget his name).

I thought the thermos was behind a different rock, so I left, but then watched a youtube video showing each thermos and found out I overlooked it because I went to the wrong area.

Try doing a play through with youtube videos showing you the exact locations. Make sure the image matches up. It will come sooner or later.

OnCE_Liberated
08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
I WAS in the same situation, but, as of two minutes ago, not anymore!!

The one I missed was the one in Chapter 3, on the red chair LMAO!!!! I knew because when I went back to check on it, it took me fifteen minutes to find the chair (I had to consult a video guide LOL!)

HAK Devil
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm in the same situation as well. It is incredibly frustrating that there is no sort of indicator for missing thermoses. How hard could it be to list off how many thermoses are in each level and whether I have go them all Remedy?

Wizpig
08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I miss 5 thermoses.

1220 of 1250
57 of 58 Achievements

I'll be stuck with this forever. :(

undertakeress
08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm at 99/100 on the thermoses too, using a walkthrough here AND youtube!

I am 4 away from 1250/1250

RockWhore
08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow! Lot's of people in the same situation.

When I first got the game I did just a story run through without bothering getting all collectables (besides I doubt there was an ordered guide at that time). Tried resetting my stats when I came back to it last week and as others have said it cannot be done. I went through using the colour coded guide and also missing 1 thermos! Daaaaaaamn!

I've rerun 3 chapters now thinking of spots I could've missed. I bet it happened somewhere where I died shortly after collecting it and forgot to again :|

This is the first game using a guide I've managed to fudge it up!

Dynamite Andy
08-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah... We could really do with a way to manage Thermoses.. I havnt started collecting them yet but I have with treasure chests (when i first started the game..)

RockWhore
08-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Well I found mine on my Nightmare playthrough, missed the one in the ghost town area! It was so obvious as well! Glad that's done with.

davhuit
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I used the videos of this guy : YouTube- Alan Wake - Episode 1: Nightmare - ALL Collectibles and I was missing two of them.

The first was around the anderson farm, on a rostrum (I probably checked the wrong rostrum, or maybe the thermos dissapear once the cutscene start, I don't really know), I found it when I was doing the "Anderson Farm" related achievement.

The second one was in the first chapter, it was rather hard to find with those incompletes videos (in my opinion) and it's probably why I missed it (I probably thought I had already took it).

In the video, the second one I was missing is at 7'22, if it can help some peoples.

Mamelukki
09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I just finished Nightmare walkthrough with all manuscripts(Nightmare ones included) and then I noticed I had missed: three or four thermoses, 2 Chests(I missed two in Episode II, after you and Mott fall and one at the end of the episode behind the cabin) and 1 sign(probably one in Episode V, before the rotating bridge). Well, at least I have something to do tomorrow.

Liamnator1005
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
i did the same but i missed one in plain sight in chapter 5, i feel like sure a idiot

trublustuuk
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Gonna have a blast at each ep see if I can get this last thermos, havn't playted the main game for a bit so can't remember but do the thermos disappear once registered as collected?

cathomps
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
yeah the thermos' disappear...i had 99/100 and it turned out to be one in ch1 i missed, which should have been an easy one to find.

trublustuuk
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I've made it up to ep 4 and turned it off just before I gout to the Anderson Farm or whatever you call the chapter. It's either in ep 4 or ep 5 as I for some reason ages ago was convinced it was in ep 6 and played through it several times lol

Edit finally found it, turns out I was lookingunder the wrong dearfest banner in ep 5 :/