PDA

View Full Version : Online lag??

a dead body man
06-01-2010, 08:59 PM
i was just wondering if someone can explain how this old game can lag more online ........than most 360 titles

i'd say its unacceptable for 800ms points and it lags....

mjc0961
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I had no lag whatsoever. Everywhere I go though, people are talking about lag. Do I have a golden internet connection or something?

Balc0ra
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
well I live in Norway. So most of the games I found was most likely form the US. So 90% of the games I found had 1 red on em. Most of em did work fine. But I had some bad lag every now and then.

BillyKlyde
06-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I have full bars and every game I got in was laggy, so annoying.

heatedGAZZMAN
06-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Shame they did'nt improve the online lagging.You can get some games where there's no lag then next game you get lagging issues.
:uzi:--------- CROSS NETWORK -------:Bounce:

BillyKlyde
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
It's not like this is an amazing game to play deathmatch on anyway. DOOM is my fav FPS ever but the multiplayer is extremely dated, I know it started the "deathmatch" mode but we've come a long way since then. Even when the game doesn't lag players glide across the map way too fast to hit and the spawns are horrible, you could die 3 times in 3 seconds if you're unlucky enough. I'll stick to single player.

Xeogred
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I agree, I love Doom to death but the multiplayer is kind of silly.

I also had tons of lag though, even with constant full bars. I guess those are meaningless here.

Zee
06-04-2010, 09:02 AM
It seems if you host, the game lags like hell. If you're just in the match, you don't or won't lag as bad. I find it funny that a game that was made for 32k modems lag on broad band. They really messed up the port.

Anyway, I still find the death match fun, because it's so crazy. Sure, most of the maps don't work well for it, but play Grosse death match, it's made for it.

superink
06-06-2010, 02:52 PM
No way to play it for me... it lags like hell no matter I am the host or the guest.

Xeogred
06-07-2010, 04:09 PM
In the end though I still didn't think getting 100 kills was that hard at all. I think I just sat down one day and got it in 1-2 hours.

I definitely recommend using good small maps though, level 9 would be one.

And I think Zee is right, when I hosted the games even with full bars it was laggy as hell, but if I joined others it usually worked out better.

Pedle Zelnip
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes it is extremely laggy. Yes that is rediculous given the price and age of the game.

As for hosting vs joining, I dunno. So far I have yet to find a game to join. The online for this one is totally dead, 2 weeks after release. :(

Shrek91874
06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
same here. there is anybody rarely playing online, and when i do find a game, regardless if i host it or not, still laggy as hell. on a side note:when me and my buddy play it always says he has one bar for connection on my screen and i have full bars, BUT on his screen, it always says i have one bar and HE has full bars. WEIRD and LAME!!!

ScoobyWRX555
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
yup i have full bars yet its so laggy its quite unplayable, maybe its because we are playing with players with 1 red bar. *edit sorry really should read everyones posts

Whens the best time for lots of players as theres none atm, im assuming everyone hasnt done with this already

CutmanMike
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
It must still be running off the old netcode, which usually relies heavily on how close you are to other players. I live in the UK so most of my matches have been laggy, but when I play with my friend who lives not too far away it runs as if he were right next to me.

ScoobyWRX555
06-15-2010, 12:58 PM
will need to find some uk players then to help with the 100 frags

superink
06-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Any router requirement for matching some1 not from your country?

Hi guys, I picked up a partner yesterday and we gave it a bunch of tries but unfortunately we couldn't reach each other. it just says can't join the game. my partner asked me to reset my router to modem set/mode/dial/or something technical, but I ended up in no ideas of how to change it. any possible way for me to get connected with my partner? I dunno how to set a router and I don't wanna mess up my whole home LAN network. It took me almost 4 hours to setup everything last time... thanks. btw, my router has OPEN NAT type

DGalvin
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm always up for doing the 100 frag achievement :D add me on Xbox.

Tag = cG DGalvin

:D

bartreligion
11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah me too.

CountryMike83

Just sent me an invite to play Doom 2 when you see me online or something

SegaSen
03-06-2011, 12:43 PM
The lag makes this game often unplayable....