PDA

View Full Version : Splice = Bioshock?

Iconoclast
06-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Anyone seen the preview for this new "Splice" movie?

YouTube- 'Splice' Trailer

Bioshock much? I mean, not only is the title connected, but it looks to be based on essentially the same principle (genetic mutation/cloning). I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, and from the trailer it looks like a movie worth watching. That said, I'll probably download it rather than spend money on seeing it first.

Thoughts on how it might stack up to be an equivalent to a Bioshock movie (for now...until a real Bioshock film is released; I have a feeling it will happen eventually)?

A Satyr
06-02-2010, 02:50 AM
The term splicing was around long before bioshock...

Thoughts on how it might stack up to be an equivalent to a Bioshock movie
This movie and bioshock have 0% in common.

P.s. this movie looks like shit, just thought i'd throw that in there...

Starstrukk X360A
06-02-2010, 03:38 AM
I never once saw this trailer and went "Hey, this reminds me of Bioshock."

Joker0fLife
06-02-2010, 03:43 AM
The name is the only thing they'd have in common..splicers can't fly, they aren't affectionate to humans....I don't see the connection at all :\

domn8rdom
06-02-2010, 04:35 AM
This movie reminds me of the movie Species. But worst since Adrian Brody is in it! :mad:

Tussell
06-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Much like Species, though I don't see much of a connection with Bioshock. Absolutely loved Species, so I'll be checking this out.

KFZ Scrubs
06-02-2010, 05:22 AM
There was an old movie from the 90's or 80's that really reminded me of bioshock.... it was remarkable. I'll scour youtube for it and post it up if i find it again.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-02-2010, 05:57 AM
I thought this movie looked good. I'm for one, going to check this out.

I never once saw this trailer and went "Hey, this reminds me of Bioshock."

It's like saying District 9 = Halo. Where the hell's the connection?

KFZ Scrubs
06-02-2010, 06:04 AM
It's like saying District 9 = Halo. Where the hell's the connection?
I think the connection was made due to the movie being about splicing and most of the citizens of Rapture partook in splicing.

SynysterChris
06-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Wasn't Splicing in Bioshock meant to augment abilities like lighting and fire, which coincidentally screwed up their faces, and made them aggressive. Not like this movie with it Splicing other animal parts into a human so I don't really see a connection.

Plus this movie looks awful... sorry but it does.

josherpillage
06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Thoughts on how it might stack up to be an equivalent to a Bioshock movie (for now...until a real Bioshock film is released; I have a feeling it will happen eventually)?

yeah its in development supposedly

i heard rumors Edward Norton is the lead (which would be rad)

PointPlaceWI
06-03-2010, 12:24 AM
yeah its in development supposedly

i heard rumors Edward Norton is the lead (which would be rad)

I was going to mention that too, I've heard about the rumored Bioshock movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230526/

Iconoclast
06-03-2010, 12:34 AM

Thanks for posting, I didn't even know this existed yet.

rvlution
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I never really connected it to Bioshock. Looks kinda lame imo.

SubG3nius
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Never seen this trailer or heard of this movie, it doesn't look that much like Bioshock, looks a little bit of crap imo.

Pootcrum
06-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Total agreeance with most on here, not at all like Bioshock, more like Species/Resident Evil.

I think movie producers need to drop the genetic mutation movies. If Doom had been about Hell like it was always supposed to be, then it may have been palletable.

X monkfish69 X
06-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't see the connection between Splice and Bioshock other than the genetics connection, but this film is a LOT like Species. The original Species film was good, the 2nd was ok and the 3rd and 4th were terrible films.

Let's hope that Splice is like the first Species film and not the others in the series. Personally, I think this looks ok as a film. I won't be rushing to the cinema to see it though. This is worthy of a download instead.

Minty
06-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Connected it more to Assassins Creed 2, as thats Ezio's dad in the trailer lol

DeekBoy
06-06-2010, 01:55 AM
when i saw the trailer i thought that it looked like trash so i wont be watching. but i see where your coming from with splicing but the scientists did it to create something new while in bioshock the people used "drugs" or change them.

TVthePunisher
06-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Regarding District 9, I've actually heard more connections between that movie and Half-Life...

Anyways, I thought Bioshock when I heard splice but I already knew they were making the Bioshock movie long before I ever heard of this movie. Anyways, it's actually rumored to be Wentworth Miller (same guy who will be playing Chris Redfield in Resident Evil Afterlife) as Jack...and I'd like to see Geoffrey Rush as Andrew Ryan (put a mustache on him and bingo...same guy...think House on Haunted Hill appearance).

Tufty
06-13-2010, 10:37 AM

Wentworth Miller as the main character? Well, he did a good job in Prison Break, too bad it went crap after the 2nd series.

Purge
06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Wentworth Miller? No thank you. I didn't think Bioshock, but I can see how you made the connection. It looks like a pretty good film, nothing special but a good film none the less.

jamie1000013
06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
They should make a number two and splice a man a bear and a pig.Have the dude that voices the person hunting manbeapig in southpark lol.

"manbearpig has killed millions now it has gotten into an old people'es home" dun dun dun lol

Dee Zee
06-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't know, the whole seeing them splice that girl sort of got me thinking about that doctor in Bioshock 1. I have no clue why, lol. The dude who tore up women to "make them look better". Lol.

Connected it more to Assassins Creed 2, as thats Ezio's dad in the trailer lol
Hahaha.

Dumbdumbjr
06-13-2010, 02:59 PM
The connection ends at the word splice. IMO it's a great movie though.

Teh BeZ
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
(for now...until a real Bioshock film is released; I have a feeling it will happen eventually)?

It's already happening isnt it? Last I heard Wenworth Miller was the main guy for the film...

And also, I'm not seeing the bioshock link here :|

PointPlaceWI
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM

You can't see that?

If not.. Just go onto IMDB and look up BioShock ('10) or type imdb.com / title / tt1230526 into your URL bar.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I just misunderstand what you said. I just woke up. Leave me alone... :p Sorry, wrong context.

Iconoclast
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
It's already happening isnt it? Last I heard Wenworth Miller was the main guy for the film...Wentworth Miller from Prison Break? Ooohhhh boyy....RAWWR <3

Teh BeZ
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Wentworth Miller from Prison Break? Ooohhhh boyy....RAWWR <3

Haha Yupp! =P