A quick question on the DLC code...

jd070993

So, I got this game today, and through the short time I've played the game, I'm loving it. It intrigues me in nearly every way... but there's something else that intrigues me, and it's not even in the game!

It's the DLC code that comes with the game. I know that if you redeem it now, you get a video, and you will be given another code at the time of release, but if I kept my code until the DLC releases, and then redeem my code, would it download the DLC?

I know it's a stupid question, but it's really bugging me :(

I think they still would have to send you the code via e-mail. The code is just a verification that you have the retail version of the game and then it sends the code to the registered e-mail.

I have to say I like this a lot better than what EA is trying to do. Here they give you extra content for free when you but the game new. EA wants to hold stuff back and give you a code to use the locked content. Would be extra sweet if "the Writer" content had achievements attached to it as well.

I think they still would have to send you the code via e-mail. The code is just a verification that you have the retail version of the game and then it sends the code to the registered e-mail.

I have to say I like this a lot better than what EA is trying to do. Here they give you extra content for free when you but the game new. EA wants to hold stuff back and give you a code to use the locked content. Would be extra sweet if "the Writer" content had achievements attached to it as well.

I'm almost positive it will have new achievements, I beleive I read something on the forums here about it as well as hearing something directly from Remedy as well

I'm almost positive it will have new achievements, I beleive I read something on the forums here about it as well as hearing something directly from Remedy as well

I would assume that it would have achievements.. If you dont redeem it through the code, you have to pay the 800msp, so its still a paid DLC package.

And yes, anyway, it will i believe. I think in one of the two DLC areas at the top someone posted a pic of the Remedy forums where they actually said it will. But i cant remember if thats for the Signal or Writer

• 4 weeks later...
So, I got this game today, and through the short time I've played the game, I'm loving it. It intrigues me in nearly every way... but there's something else that intrigues me, and it's not even in the game!

It's the DLC code that comes with the game. I know that if you redeem it now, you get a video, and you will be given another code at the time of release, but if I kept my code until the DLC releases, and then redeem my code, would it download the DLC?

I know it's a stupid question, but it's really bugging me :(

Yes if your redeem it when the DLC is released you will still get the content

Ive had this since release but not bothered redeeming the code. Somebody above said that if you had redeemed the code before the dlc is released you get a video then they send you a code for the free dlc by e-mail. How do they get your e-mail? It might seem like a silly question but I quite fancy getting the video but am not to keen on games companies sending me stuff I dont want through e-mail.

Ive had this since release but not bothered redeeming the code. Somebody above said that if you had redeemed the code before the dlc is released you get a video then they send you a code for the free dlc by e-mail. How do they get your e-mail? It might seem like a silly question but I quite fancy getting the video but am not to keen on games companies sending me stuff I dont want through e-mail.

Microsoft would use the e-mail tied to your Xbox Live account.

Simples :)