PDA

View Full Version : Chuck " The Iceman" Liddell VS Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

celr831
04-09-2007, 08:30 AM
It has been confirmed for UFC 71, MAY 26, 2007 Liddell VS Jackson. What are your thoughts on this match that we have all been waiting for?

graemelunn
04-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Now THIS is a close call.
I think it will depend on a few key factors...
Can Chuck forget his loss to Rampage and treat this as a normal fight?
Has Rampage worked out his UFC Return jitters?

Both awesome fighters, but I feel Chuck may edge this one. I hope it's close then we should get to see them go at it more than once :p

clear31
04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Rampage is not what he was in pride......i still think he needed a few warmup fights but he obviously wants the big money now because even if he loses to Liddell he will get a big payday again for a third match

I really think Liddell is at the top of his game and the loss to rampgae is only going to fuel him this might be the hungriest we will ever see Chuck going for a win in quite some time.

Rampage signed a new 4 fight deal i believe so who knows what will happen i do think Chuck will be taking him out though.

I mean Rampage knocked out Marvin Eastman not exactly a big talent he was simply a warmup to get Rampage going and i think he needed a few more tune ups

PerpetualHeaven
04-12-2007, 05:31 AM
I went against everyone else and said Rampage. I'd just like to see something different. I know the odds of Rampage winning are extremely slim but Rampage is a force and he has a ton of experience too. I mean he has losing experience and losing experience is great. Liddell hasn't lost in a long time.. look what happened to Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. They both lost when they have been winning for an extremely long time. And when you lose you become better. Liddell I believe hasn't been challenged enough. Hopefully, Liddell loses and it sparks a beast. He is probably one of the best fighters in the world but sometimes you gotta lose to know it's real. Jackson with a knockout 2nd round.

clear31
04-12-2007, 05:39 AM
i see where your coming from but you do have to remember Rampage is Chucks only loss. Chuck has been dying for this match i wouldnt even be surprised if he announces a retirement after its over if he wins or moves up a class even maybe or even down who knows.

As great of champions tim sylvia, rich franklin and matt hughes were i dont think its the same this time around.

Tim simply got outclassed by a harder worker who was just hungrry, rich simply got rocked and had no defense because he was never tested like that and Hughes i believe as great as he is simply is not of the caliber of GSP. I think had BJ Penn been in better shape he would of took hughes out as well.

PerpetualHeaven
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Matt Hughes not the caliber of GSP? That's why GSP lost to such a weak fighter in Matt Serra? I don't care if it was a fluke. When Matt Hughes loses he loses to great fighters but he comes back and wins. Matt Hughes is the kind of fighter that once you beat him, he'll come back stronger, faster and harder. I would accept your statement but the fact that George got simply shattered by Serra, I still have to say Matt Hughes is still the best welterweight.

As Rich Franklin no defense.. I will have to go with more that his injury had him so out of shape and lose his momentum. Plus he psyched himself out much like George did with his first time against Matt. But it happens. He wasn't prepared. As much as he wanted too, he didn't prepare good enough and wasn't in the shape he's usually in for a fight.

Tim Sylvia is not a great champion. I'll just leave it at that.

As for Chuck, it's his only unavenged loss. Regardless, I think Quinton will win just because Jackson is a lot different then light heavyweights in the UFC. This is all just my opinion. I'm probably wrong and Liddell will win but I'll stick to my vote.

angry
04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Liddell gets my vote to win. ;)

clear31
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Matt Hughes not the caliber of GSP? That's why GSP lost to such a weak fighter in Matt Serra? I don't care if it was a fluke. When Matt Hughes loses he loses to great fighters but he comes back and wins. Matt Hughes is the kind of fighter that once you beat him, he'll come back stronger, faster and harder. I would accept your statement but the fact that George got simply shattered by Serra, I still have to say Matt Hughes is still the best welterweight.

The GSP loss to me proves that anyone can get hit at any given moment and get rocked. GSP clearly outclassed Matt hughes i thought. I am not saying Hughes isnt a great fighter but if you look at how GSP took him apart it was a perfect gameplan.

Matt Serra isnt exactly a weak fighter though i dont think anyone in the UFC is truly a weak opponent because anyone who steps in the octagon is capable of pulling out a win.

Matt Hughes i believe cannot take out GSP and could be part the reason he was so happy when GSP lost since he can now beat Serra for the title.

I guarantee though GSP is gonna come back stronger than ever which is actually scary to think. It simply had to be something going in with GSP i mean he traded blows with BJ Penn i dont think Serra is a better striker than BJ

PerpetualHeaven
04-13-2007, 03:15 AM
The GSP loss to me proves that anyone can get hit at any given moment and get rocked. GSP clearly outclassed Matt hughes i thought. I am not saying Hughes isnt a great fighter but if you look at how GSP took him apart it was a perfect gameplan.

Matt Serra isnt exactly a weak fighter though i dont think anyone in the UFC is truly a weak opponent because anyone who steps in the octagon is capable of pulling out a win.

Matt Hughes i believe cannot take out GSP and could be part the reason he was so happy when GSP lost since he can now beat Serra for the title.

I guarantee though GSP is gonna come back stronger than ever which is actually scary to think. It simply had to be something going in with GSP i mean he traded blows with BJ Penn i dont think Serra is a better striker than BJ

Well, GSP is one of my favourite fighters. But you're making points that workout for Matt. Matt traded blows with BJ Penn and he beat him. Matt also beat GSP the first time around. I think Matt hughes is just as good as St. Pierre but St. Pierre has youth on his side compared to Matt. More speed. Hughes is a little bulkier and slower.

TS xManiaC
04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Iceman FTW!!!

celr831
04-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, GSP is one of my favourite fighters. But you're making points that workout for Matt. Matt traded blows with BJ Penn and he beat him. Matt also beat GSP the first time around. I think Matt hughes is just as good as St. Pierre but St. Pierre has youth on his side compared to Matt. More speed. Hughes is a little bulkier and slower.

I agree with with you about GSP having youth as an advantage, but then wouldn't Matt have the advantage in experiance and look at Matt's camp, he has some of the best fighters and one of if not the best trainer in Pat! I still think GSPs lose was fluke!

Also, as for the Liddell fight. I like rampage don't get me wrong. I've followed him since his pride days, but i think the caliber of the two fighters are way different. Also I think Silva and Liddell would be a better fight!

Flea
04-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Rampage beat liddell a long time ago,
They are both different fighters now,
Should be a good fight though.

Heres links to both fighters with previous fight details,interviews and other stuff.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=192

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=348

Nodogg
04-25-2007, 02:50 AM
It's going to be a close fight, both of these guys are bangers, the love to strike. I'm going to say that Liddell is going to be primed and ready to go because he wants to avenge his loss but I wouldn't doubt Rampage will be ready to "shock the world" with another win against The Iceman.

This fight is going to be amazing, I'm going to say Rampage wins after a slam then ground and pound!

celr831
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
With all the fights being won by the under dogs it won't surprise me!

Rioto
04-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Im going with chuck on this one. rampage is not the fighter he used to be. since the lost he had vs wanderlei he's different. less agressive somehow. i dont like chuck but i give him the win

Sil3nt360
04-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Did you see Rampages first UFC fight? Chuck Liddell all the way to the bank.

celr831
05-30-2007, 09:25 AM
With all the fights being won by the under dogs it won't surprise me!

I know it was going to happen! Called it.

Tiamat66
05-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Me too, just not in this particular thread. I think the problem was people were just going for the name. Yes Liddell is a great fighter, but so is Jackson. But Liddell is alot better known, so people assume he must be the better fighter. I'm not saying that is true for everybody, but for the average fan, it wouldn't surprise me...

WildManWiles01
05-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Well the fight is over now... Rampage gets the knockout at 1:48 in the first round.