PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if it will have online play

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
hopefully two worlds 2 will have online play like the first. does anyone know for sure?

WilliamTheIV
06-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Yes, Two Worlds II will have online multiplayer, I read so in Game Informer this month.

It says, "Online is a big part of Two Worlds II. Duels and team-based arena PvP combat are a natural fit, and you can expect those. Additionaly, there is a separate co-op campain that takes place in discrete dungeon levels that range from two to approximately six-player affairs, and tells a prequel story to the single-player game. However, the final online facet (internally dubbed "village mode") is far more interesting.

Each player has his or her own town that serves as the setting for when they're hosting a village mode session. Here, you can help out your citizens by solving their problems and getting them access to better materials. For onstance, doing quests and spending resources to kit out your blacksmith results in him offering better weapons for sale. Some events take you out of the village into the surrounding areas, like an incoming bandit raid that will have disastrous consequences if heroic types like yourself don't lead the counterattack.

the trick is that you're going to need help to accomplis much of anything in village mode - a single player isn't going to be able to complete the missions necessary to keep his own town prosperous, There is an incentine to visit others and help them out, though, as each town specializes in specific areas. You might have the best potions for sale, while your buddy has spent all of his time and energy on his armorsmith. Don't worry if your friends list is all playing Alan Wake, though. You can open up your town to the public, and the backend matchmaking system will find players of appropiate level and interest to assist you." End of quote...

So yes, it's going to have mutliplayer, but my question is, can a random person go into my village and kill everyone? Effectively destroying everything I have spent my time making? I guess we'll find out later.

PenderPowguin
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, Two Worlds II will have online multiplayer, I read so in Game Informer this month.

It says, "Online is a big part of Two Worlds II. Duels and team-based arena PvP combat are a natural fit, and you can expect those. Additionaly, there is a separate co-op campain that takes place in discrete dungeon levels that range from two to approximately six-player affairs, and tells a prequel story to the single-player game. However, the final online facet (internally dubbed "village mode") is far more interesting.

Each player has his or her own town that serves as the setting for when they're hosting a village mode session. Here, you can help out your citizens by solving their problems and getting them access to better materials. For onstance, doing quests and spending resources to kit out your blacksmith results in him offering better weapons for sale. Some events take you out of the village into the surrounding areas, like an incoming bandit raid that will have disastrous consequences if heroic types like yourself don't lead the counterattack.

the trick is that you're going to need help to accomplis much of anything in village mode - a single player isn't going to be able to complete the missions necessary to keep his own town prosperous, There is an incentine to visit others and help them out, though, as each town specializes in specific areas. You might have the best potions for sale, while your buddy has spent all of his time and energy on his armorsmith. Don't worry if your friends list is all playing Alan Wake, though. You can open up your town to the public, and the backend matchmaking system will find players of appropiate level and interest to assist you." End of quote...

So yes, it's going to have mutliplayer, but my question is, can a random person go into my village and kill everyone? Effectively destroying everything I have spent my time making? I guess we'll find out later.

I don't think you can just randoming raid anyone's village. I think it's there for production purposes and for teaming up to do some coop-missions,though I am not 100% sure on this. There is as you've quoted PvP though I believe up to 8 players, free for all, team battles etc. More info on this forum if you're interested. http://board.zuxxez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

iTzEnigma
08-28-2010, 12:40 PM
hey yeah upto 4 player coop it says on a few sites but could be later changed can wait for it just got the 1000g for the first game

daweba360
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
hey yeah upto 4 player coop it says on a few sites but could be later changed can wait for it just got the 1000g for the first game

nope.... up to 8 Player