PDA

View Full Version : Kidulthood

iBlessing 09
06-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I've just started watching this and this is the most stereotypical film ever. No wonder everybody gives teenagers a bad name, they watch things like this then tell others about it, they watch it and tell others and then they go down the never ending rabbit hole. Seriously.

http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/serious-cat.jpg

oDrPepper
06-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I've just started watching this and this is the most stereotypical film ever. No wonder everybody gives teenagers a bad name, they watch things like this then tell others about it, they watch it and tell others and then they go down the never ending rabbit hole. Seriously.

... it's made by the UK Film Council, therefore it is depicting the problems of teenage life in London, albeit exaggerating a little. The film wasn't made to express how cool it is to be a chav, and I doubt anybody makes a judgment on real life after watching it.

iBlessing 09
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
... it's made by the UK Film Council, therefore it is depicting the problems of teenage life in London, albeit exaggerating a little. The film wasn't made to express how cool it is to be a chav, and I doubt anybody makes a judgment on real life after watching it.
I suppose, it seems funnier now you've said that so thanks :)

Jemocasa
06-05-2010, 01:45 AM
I have no idea what this is but I love the title.

jtr1gg3r
06-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I cant believe you just said that about my favourite film!

And how is it stereotypical?

Its like ppl saying that about Skins, which is nothing like UK teenage life.

I dont know one teenager who made his own gun...... in school as well!

To say they exxaggerated it is bollocks as they havent really related it to anything anyway.

Noel Clarke is one of the best writers/directors ive seen. End Of.

Crimson Ridley
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
End Of.

Or, we could also carry on...

I guess I really need to see this film? So many people rave about it.

Teh BeZ
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I love this film man, ive seeen it sooooo many times!

Louis BCFC1875
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
I cant believe you just said that about my favourite film!

And how is it stereotypical?

I dont know one teenager who made his own gun...... in school as well!

To say they exxaggerated it is bollocks as they havent really related it to anything anyway.

Noel Clarke is one of the best writers/directors ive seen. End Of. I take it you walk around Birmingham in a Nike tracksuit, i like the film, Adulthood was better.

Genesis x360a
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I think its a really good film. Some things are so far fetched like drilling the gun at school lol but then others thing you can relate to like the bullying at school, fighting, drinking, party and the security officer who trys to say that trever pinched the baseball cap, thats happened to my friends loads of times. Adulthood is pretty good also but its more to the Drug dealing/gangster side.

Cant wait to see 4321 which is also written and directed by Noel Clarke. Imo his work is quality.

Louis BCFC1875
06-08-2010, 12:03 AM
I think its a really good film. Some things are so far fetched like drilling the gun at school lol but then others thing you can relate to like the bullying at school, fighting, drinking, party and the security officer who trys to say that trever pinched the baseball cap, thats happened to my friends loads of times. Adulthood is pretty good also but its more to the Drug dealing/gangster side.

Cant wait to see 4321 which is also written and directed by Noel Clarke. Imo his work is quality. I won't be seeing this at the cinema, film is poor according to a few friends and one of them knows his films.

HarperBird
06-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Have only seen about 3/4 of this film but from what i saw i liked it but it is very very depressing and that is why i stopped i mean i guy can only take so much depression lol!

Genesis x360a
06-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I won't be seeing this at the cinema, film is poor according to a few friends and one of them knows his films.

Well considering he's only written Kidulthood, Adulthood, 4321 and Licks (Which wasnt very popular) only been the directer of Kidulthood and Adulthood its not hard to know his films ;)

Crimson Ridley
06-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Well considering he's only written Kidulthood, Adulthood, 4321 and Licks (Which wasnt very popular) only been the directer of Kidulthood and Adulthood its not hard to know his films ;)

I'll assume you do actually realise that he meant the guy knows "his films", as in he knows what a good movie is? :p

Tufty
06-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I've seen this and the sequel a few times in RS.

jtr1gg3r
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I take it you walk around Birmingham in a Nike tracksuit, i like the film, Adulthood was better.

im not that much of a chav LOL! do wear tracksuits and stuf tho =P, and KiDULTHOOD is miles better!

Cant wait to see 4321 which is also written and directed by Noel Clarke. Imo his work is quality.

Go and see it. I did on Saturday, if you liked KiDULTHOOD and aDULTHOOD you'll like this too, its pretty good actually, gets a bit confusing, but the girls are top notch ;)

Louis BCFC1875
06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Well considering he's only written Kidulthood, Adulthood, 4321 and Licks (Which wasnt very popular) only been the directer of Kidulthood and Adulthood its not hard to know his films ;) I know he hasn't done many films and yes he is a good director, i wasn't saying my friends know's his films he just knows alot about films in general, i'll still see the film, just not at the cinema.

im not that much of a chav LOL! do wear tracksuits and stuf tho =P, and KiDULTHOOD is miles better!

Go and see it. I did on Saturday, if you liked KiDULTHOOD and aDULTHOOD you'll like this too, its pretty good actually, gets a bit confusing, but the girls are top notch ;)

Yeah, if Kidulthood is your favourite film, you sound like the sort of person who would walk around Bham in a trackey..:D

jtr1gg3r
06-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah, if Kidulthood is your favourite film, you sound like the sort of person who would walk around Bham in a trackey..:D

ahhhhhhhhh, you got me =P

X monkfish69 X
06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Kidulthood wasn't fantastic but it certainly captured some of the terrible attitude of the youth of today and it was realistic to some degree (perhaps people from housing estates will confirm if true or not....). But Adulthood was a better film IMO. It was good to see the characters continue into the 2nd film and for Noel Clark's character having to deal with the consequences of his actions from Kidulthood.

iBlessing 09
06-09-2010, 03:45 PM

In the description on BBC3 it said "...film about the day in a life of teenagers living in London...". "A day in the life of" meaning a average day.