PDA

View Full Version : about playing hard mode

demphra
06-05-2010, 12:10 AM
does the count reset when you replay a chapter on normal mode. i played hard mode from episodes 1-3. then i switched to normal to get the meet the deadline achivement for an easier time. do i have to start hard mode all over again from scratch, or just pick up from the episode i didn't complete hard mode on.

jeffy x360a
06-05-2010, 01:49 AM
i believe you do. didnt it ask when you reverted back to normal that you would lose your existing checkpoint?

Logan I
06-05-2010, 05:14 AM
I would just finish the game on normal (if you haven't already finished the game) and then just play though on nightmare, it really isn't that difficult. I just beat it yesterday on nightmare and the only difference is it takes like twice as much damage to kill enemies and you take a little bit more damage. Ive seen some people post that ammo and supplies are more scarce on nightmare but I did not notice any difference in supplies. Oh yeah, and if you beat the game on nightmare you unlock both achievements for beating the game on hard and nightmare so two birds with one stone (or playthough).

demphra
06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
i believe you do. didnt it ask when you reverted back to normal that you would lose your existing checkpoint?

oh no, it can't be

Logan I
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes you lose your existing checkpoint because Alan Wake only allows you one save file/checkpoint. But I beleive it still keeps track of any episode you have beat on hard, so if you finished episodes 1 and 2 on hard but not 3 then I would say just restart from episode 3 on hard... or do what I mentioned in my earlier post... nightmare really isn't that difficult