PDA

View Full Version : I hate coming 4th!!

Fredy29
06-05-2010, 01:39 AM
I hate coming 4th!!

Aha, its just really annoying when you come 4th all the time! I like getting top 3's, came 4th in a million times in a row! And i hate coming 2nd! I came 2nd five times in a row, its annoying I do MotorMash and keep losing be either one point or by the game putting me behind by having exactly the same!

I also hate when u get hit in a race, crash into the wall, try to carry on, then get mullered by 20 times and spammed on by power ups and just tumble down the order, doesnt even give you a chance to get going, and its annoying when its decides to respawn you or not to sometimes!!

This game is fun, dont get me wrong, I enjoy it, but its basically been a pain in the :ass latly and its starting to irritate me lol

-WcG iFredy29

Barad
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Your not the only one, the games pretty unbalanced in a lot of ways online aswell, you could be 30 odd seconds ahead, then one stupid little mine or shock can fuck you up and loose you to the last few places! well annyoing, all about luck I reckon, this game depends on no skill what so ever just luck! :mad:

Fredy29
06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
It is quite a lot of luck and way in which people use their power ups also, it can and does require little skill in some way, but as you said for those reasons its annoying, no one even brakes on this game, p's me off when 20 cars pile into the side of you!

I never did motormash on the Beta, not sure if you could, I only did races, and tbh, without bragging or anything, I thought I was quite dominant because I used to win alot, I be lucky to get anywhere near the top 3 these days in most races because everyone seems to have stepped up a notch, or the people who actually decided to buy Blur are actually good in some way.

-WcG iFredy29

Callumpy
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Ive only been 1st once :(

Yet in one lobby I watched the same person get 1st 5 times in a row. Dumb.

Bushybob
06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I've won 7 straight before in the 20 car races. I believe it takes skill to win that is why even in this thread we have some people saying they win 50% of the time and others have only won once. There is a slice of luck involved, but personally in the 20 car races i rarely place outside the top 5.

Xscapist
06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
There's a degree of luck involved definitely, but to say its *only* luck is overreacting. I'd say it's 10% luck, 50% skill, and 40% strategy (what car you pick and which mods you choose for each track definitely have an effect on whether you're going to place higher or lower).

Barad
06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes I guess very little skill is needed..I also think it depends hugely on what starting position you start in (if we're playing in hardcore of course) if you start first and don't crash, you've basicaly won the race because theres no power ups to bring you back and no competion in cars if you pick the right one, no one should be able to catch up because everyone behind you will just pile up in a single, litte corner.

Over 200 races played and only 11 wins total with me :( One of them I boosted aswell..

FamiDude
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Jesus...

Some people make it sound like winning is everything! I play because it's fun. Anyone rememebr what FUN is?

220+ races, 100+ top three finishes and 40+ wins isn't a great record, but for people to say it's just luck is talking crap. Yes, you can lose places like crazy, but if you actually think about the race your finishes will get better.

The right car & mod selection is essential, as is learning the tracks and the power ups. I've started 20th on my fave track and gone on to win by 20 seconds while on another track I've made the wrong car selection, started first and finished near the back. As long as you use your head, then you'll do well.

Xerofox
06-06-2010, 04:49 AM
It's not luck based, it's a combination of attacking and defensive use of power ups. Knowing where all the good power ups are is a great help too. And winning isn't everything, I get more fans when I end up being 4th-8th than a first place win.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7006/img0119v.jpg
And this got up to a 25 winning streak.

nomadnomad7
06-06-2010, 08:34 AM
With over 300 races, more than half are 1st place. I wouldn't call that luck. like others have said, it's good driving and a lot of strategy and knowing which power-ups to use when, and where.

Harry Lloyd
06-06-2010, 11:46 AM
You actually do need skill in this game, not for driving, but for using power-ups. I had a huuuuge lead a few times, and then they used like 4 or 5 shocks (couldn't avoid/shield them all), and finished me off with shunts. That's what this game is about. Friends usually play in the same matches, so they team up and take out whomever they need.

And winning doesn't matter anyway. Sure, you need a few wins and podiums to get achievements and challenges, but you'll get them way before you reach rank 50, and why stop playing then. I love this game. Every race is different, and it's incredibly fun.

You can play hardcore mode if you want to show your driving skill.

half
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I know exaclty how you feel Fredy29, a lot of the time it's about strategy and knowing what power up and when to pick it up. I've learnt from many times being in 1st (or the top 3) just before the finish line and being complelty shunted and bolted out back into 10th place. So now I try to save a barge and pick up a shield in the last lap. It helps. Using nitro at the right time and not immediately after you've picked it up can help you get ahead. Some paths are better then others, so watch how other people play and where they go and do the same.

Skill and strategy is big in Blur, but saying that I've only won 1 race. Other times I've been barged across the finish line ahead of that person, which is funny :woop:

But with it being so much fun it takes the edge off of not being in the top 3.

Barad
06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Skill it is, but WOW 18 win streak? Thats crazy.

NeonInVermont
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I have learned one thing from this thread.
When I enter a game and see Xerofox (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=28212) in the game, EXIT QUICKLY. :D