Sugestion (Comments)

Maka

I have an idea, on the homepage, people should be able to leave comments on everything...

Lets say there's an achievement Guide that people find useful, they can add a little thing at the bottom saying "Thanks, you helped me get a lot of gamerscore" or leave a comment about an editorial. But instead of going to the forums, just leaving it on the front page...

I'm not even sure if I like the idea, but it came to mind, and I thought I might as well not waste it, so I'm just putting it out there for discussion...

So.. Discuss!

i think it would make the home page waaaaayyyyy too long. having all of that info on the very first main page would be bad.

just my opinion.

No, It would just be a little link at the bottom reading:

Comments (5)

5 means the number of comments, and once clicked, the person would eb brought to another page, where they woudl see only comments..

I'd like to see a rating system put into place for the acheivement guides where users good give it a rating between 1-5; that way if someone sees a guide drop below a certain threshold (maybe 2.4) everyone would know maybe it needs some work and could work to provide more details on each acheivement in order to make the guide the best it can be. (not that people aren't encouraged to do so now)

I'd like to see a rating system put into place for the acheivement guides where users good give it a rating between 1-5; that way if someone sees a guide drop below a certain threshold (maybe 2.4) everyone would know maybe it needs some work and could work to provide more details on each acheivement in order to make the guide the best it can be. (not that people aren't encouraged to do so now)

Even with the mis-spelled word achievement, this is a very good idea that i do not know why it has not been put in yet:p. As for Maka's idea i think having a thread on the a comment section for everything would be too long but if it is done how you said in your second post it could be useful.:)

Well good things come with bad things, you could just get unneeded random comments, and this site is pretty popular, so people may flood the comments with bad taste and such, and some people might go by the comments and not try and guide or leave the site.

But other than that, its kinda like a Blog Comment system, am I right?

Well good things come with bad things, you could just get unneeded random comments, and this site is pretty popular, so people may flood the comments with bad taste and such, and some people might go by the comments and not try and guide or leave the site.

If this was implemented, I am sure our outstanding mods would clean up any useless posts, so that doesn't bother me. The question this raises is how would this thread be any different from the threads in most forums which already discuss the achievement guide? Just concerned a tad about useless redundancy.

Personally, I have some comments on some of the guides that I think could be improved.

I have written three now, and I try to be detailed and clear. Some of the achievement guides are "Beat the game to get this" without any discussion about how to actually do so. PGR3 is a prime example of this, especially the Gold and Platinum achievements. Sure, the description is technically accurate, but it isn't helpful....

:p

If this was implemented, I am sure our outstanding mods would clean up any useless posts, so that doesn't bother me. The question this raises is how would this thread be any different from the threads in most forums which already discuss the achievement guide? Just concerned a tad about useless redundancy.

Personally, I have some comments on some of the guides that I think could be improved.

I have written three now, and I try to be detailed and clear. Some of the achievement guides are "Beat the game to get this" without any discussion about how to actually do so. PGR3 is a prime example of this, especially the Gold and Platinum achievements. Sure, the description is technically accurate, but it isn't helpful....

:p

Yah I thought of saying something like that, but then again I didn't so eh.

But yah it would be kind of pointless to make a comment onto the Guides every game has a link to the particular forum, in here which you could comment the guide or what have you, but I also think there should be some way to like input your way of doing a certain achievement, so there could be alternative ways or more detailed ways to do a achievement instead of how you said in PGR3, its basically describing the achievement just like the Xbox 360 does, but I just have to go onto a site on the internet to figure out what I already read.

:nana