PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite type of music?

Pages : [1] 2

WhIpLaSh 014
06-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Personally, my favorite type of music are Rock, Aggressive Rock, Metal, Orchestrated music, and some Techno (specifically Dub Step and Goyo techno.)

*EDIT* Poll is up, so vote/comment away.

animeaddict42
06-05-2010, 09:52 PM
My favorite type in the poll is rock, more specifically alternative, hard rock, and classic rock.

rvlution
06-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Rock. I like a pretty broad range of it though.

milecoupe
06-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Metalcore
Post Hardcore
Hardcore
Screamo

Would be mine

Red Testament
06-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Used to listen to a lot of metal, but I've gotten bored with the majority of it. Mostly just listen to rock, alternative, hard rock, indie rock, etc.

Crimson Son88
06-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Everybody has their own flavor. Mine is rock but I like to dip my straw in other peoples kool-aid.

OPFINAL4
06-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Mostly rock and metal.

Juzt Skillz
06-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Im the only one who voted for Techno, seriously o.o

Iconoclast
06-06-2010, 04:52 AM
There isn't a type of music that I don't like, with the exception of rap.

Favourites are synth, indie, rock, pop, progressive, alternative, and emo :)

Muffin the Holy
06-06-2010, 05:01 AM
I voted metal, but more specifically, I'd say metalcore, post-hardcore, and classic rock.

xliferuinerx
06-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I like metal,hardcore,rock,deathmetal,doom metal, deathcore, metalcore all that good stuff.

BedCommando
06-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Favourite would be Metal. To be specific, Norwegian Black Metal

Chris240191
06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Screamo, Alternative, Post-Hardcore, Emo.

Tussell
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't know. All my favorite bands are from various genre's.

Slipknot - (Metal)
Deicide - (Death Metal)
Alice in Chains - (Grunge)
The Misfits - (Horror Punk)
Andrew Jackson Jihad - (Folk Punk)

I think it's nearly impossible for me to pick my favorite type. I literally like it all.

AZNg0d104
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM

This^

Add a little techno, J - core, Rap, R & B, and Hip Hop.

Starstrukk X360A
06-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Anything rock or country, and just a bit of rap.

BedCommando
06-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Slipknot - (Nu-Metal)
Fixed for you.

Kaifory
06-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Orchestrated for-the-win.

Tussell
06-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Fixed for you.
Earlier Slipknot was. I will admit, earlier Slipknot is truly the only Slipknot I enjoy, but I figured if I put nu-metal someone would bitch, and if I put just 'metal' someone would bitch, so fuck it.

k1lls1gn
06-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Just all around everything but i enjoy rock the most.

uegstevie
06-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Angerfist FTW!

BedCommando
06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Earlier Slipknot was. I will admit, earlier Slipknot is truly the only Slipknot I enjoy, but I figured if I put nu-metal someone would bitch, and if I put just 'metal' someone would bitch, so fuck it.
How can one bitch about Slipknot being Nu-Metal? It's a legitimate sub-genre since Korn in '94, and they're one of the biggest bands in it.
I can understand people (Like myself) bitch about people saying they're Metal, since Nu-Metal draws from Shock Rock more than anything, so actually falls under the Rock genre.

Bearded Bugs
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I voted for "orchestrated music" because to me, the composition that went into creating the old baroque and classical music just makes it soar miles above everything else that's written these days.

ZeroDC
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Other Sums it up, as I generally listen to sub-genres, like the UK funky scene, and grime, though I'm pretty big on drum and bass and dubstep just now. Then again, I love rap and hip-hop too, as well as metal, screamo, electro, dance, hardstyle, jazz, clasical, and old school stuff, like ELO and David Bowie. I even have Rocky Horror Picture Show, Phantom of the Opera, War of the Worlds(Jeff Wayne's version <3), and Les Miserables soundtracks on my iPod.

My god I'm messed up...

Blah 2k
06-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Anything but rap, can't stand that trashy excuse for music.

Bearded Bugs
06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
War of the Worlds(Jeff Wayne's version <3) That's AWESOME car music. :)

ZeroDC
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
That's AWESOME car music. :)
It's awesome ANYTHING music. Well, not anything, not great music to, ahem, love to... ;) But almost anything else. :)

Bearded Bugs
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
not great music to, ahem, love to... Haha, just a little bit hectic for that I think. Although the role-playing possibilities are endless...

Absolutionz
06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Strictly Hip Hop.

Smoochy
06-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Hardcore (the punk genre) is easily my favorite. Most of my music library is hardcore.

Though I enjoy music from nearly every genre.

KeepEmRolling
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
60s n 70s rock followed by blues n jazz

Phobia47
06-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Industrial, Aggrotech, EBM, Darkwave, some Visual Kei/J-rock, Indie Rock.. a little bit of everything else that isn't country or too poppy. Variety is a spice of life.

Pantherrfan
06-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Classic rock is my favorite :woop:

Burning Karma
06-08-2010, 05:48 AM
I guess, if I have to choose just one, I'd go with rock, though I do enjoy me some metal.

Sabrelord
06-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Chris240191 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3172346#post3172346)
This^

Add a little techno, J - core, Rap, R & B, and Hip Hop. I always seriously wonder about people basicaly saying they love "every" music :confused:

First off... i mean.... nice ...you're a tolerant and flexible person, but .... how can you?

I LOVE "Nu-Metal/x-over" (or however it's called nowadays)
and i, let's say, have a love affaire with some nice fast Ska/Punkrock. And from time to time i'm flirting with HipHop/Rap but only the fresh and funky ones .... no gangster bitches. Thats about it

After that is a WIDE range of "I LIKE", including everything Rock related from Metal, HC over Funk/ Classic Rock/Blues to Rock Ballads.
Not saying i like every band that's making this kinds of music but ..... my ears are usualy pleased by the sounds of some real instruments :D

I also realy like some very different stuff like Morcheeba, Massive Attack, a bit Soul+RnB or "Water of Nazareth" by Justice (elektro) from the "That's it that's all" OST (Must see-BEST sports movie ever) wich just sounds sick on super loud with nice bass, but also very rough and funky and that's why i like it probably.

But please, gtfo with ordinary Techno, House, Dance with boring 500x 5 words lyrics or all the modern gangster rap and go :uzi:all the akons and other retards squealing for new balls to get their voice back with their even more disgusting overpitched dance r&b mix.
All that britneys and boy bands ....:boom
Not eough that they're usualy just some puppets, they can't even sing properly except a few like Christina Aguilera.

Don't exactly know about other countries but every casted Actor (not "Band/Singer" because the most are only dancers and maybe voice actors knowing shit about music) over here is a 5 minute fame followed by a mass mess of squealing little girls, wich turn to crying when they disappear in 2 years, wich then again turns to squealing for more squealing and so on, goddamnit im sick of this...sometimes i wish Take That would still be around and the other clones would have never faced the light.

To me, music is all about emotions.
Music exists cause of emotions(or greed/attention for others)
Emotions partitialy "exist" because of music.
So ... no emotions = no music to me... like jazz, just some wierd arrangement of sounds.
Thats why i dont like techno (except a few songs wich touch me), no lyrics = no emotions = no music to me, just a more rhythmical arrangement of squeeks and booms.

Not that i can say, like a game, It's good just not my style....out there is too much too popular music wich is plain and simple crap, poorly played or sung and additionaly unemotional and ffor F sake misleading our youth to some brainless britney wannabes

Guess u guys got my point.
So i simply HATE the other stuff mentioned above, and dont understand how people can not. xD
But i don't care, to the point where people tell " i like everything" i'm always like :wtf :chair

Don't you have any taste of music? Or don't you care about music enough?
For many people it's prolly just a phrase cause they're too lazy or hiding their opinion wich were created by the massmedia......unfortunetly not only in Multimedia opinions ^^

Bearded Bugs
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Guess u guys got my point.
So i simply HATE the other stuff mentioned above, and dont understand how people can not. xD
But i don't care, to the point where people tell " i like everything" i'm always like :wtf :chair

Don't you have any taste of music? Or don't you care about music enough?
For many people it's prolly just a phrase cause they're too lazy or hiding their opinion wich were created by the massmedia......unfortunetly not only in Multimedia opinions ^^ I think if someone says they like everything then it's perfectly reasonable to assume they can find songs from every genre which grab them emotionally; I know I can!

Also, earlier in your post were you implying that in order to be emotionally engaging a song must have lyrics and proper singing?

ZeroDC
06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I feel I may have to start a thread where everyone can suggest songs that they feel either personify a genre, or they just think other people should hear. Think I'll do that just now. This job application can wait!

ZeroDC
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh ad @Sabrelord, no lyrics does not mean no emotions. listen to a lot of DnB and Hardcore, and they stir very real emotions in me, despite the lack of lyrics, most only using sampling...

Poida
06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Rock mainly, I love a fair few metal bands but rock has a library of its own for me.

Sabrelord
06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I think if someone says they like everything then it's perfectly reasonable to assume they can find songs from every genre which grab them emotionally; I know I can!

Also, earlier in your post were you implying that in order to be emotionally engaging a song must have lyrics and proper singing?

Thats what i'm talking about.....what's that?
Q: what's your favourite kind of Music/Games/Movies
A: everything

kinda weird answer, isn't it? I just can't imagine how to find everything favourite :confused:

So it's obvious to think they're just not into music that much or just have no specific taste of music genre, wich again leads to the assumption that they're not into it with all their hearts. Or simply too lazy to tell respectively listening to radio and the tv only wich makes it quite easy to say everything.

So A: should be like "i got none, i like single songs" or something

Like me, i like Movies... probably everybody does...but i'm not that much into movies that i would say i love a genre or even all movies. Sure i got my Favs wich i love like Snatch, the Stepbrothers, Pulp Fiction and whatever but.....
....well, writing about this makes me wonder even more cause favourite->everything is a friggin oxymoron (don't know another word) so let's stop that.

I didn't say that no songs of other genres can't touch or cause emotions, don't mix that with the oxymoron ;)

I just think that it's way easier for a Song to cause emotions (and have success) when it has either catchy and easy lyrics for people who don't care/understand or good sounding AND smart Lyrics, both electronic and real music no matter the genre.
It seems to be more important to electronical music though, just compare popularity of house/goa and whatnot with 10-word Dance-songs.
Other stuff like a good and dedicated artist and of course personal flavour,memories and experiences add up on that.

That's pretty much the pattern of all the casting shows and poor pop producers.
Catchy&easy Lyrics+Beat and some dancers...cute boys or hot chicks preferably with some singing talent.
Re-cycling doesn't realy matter, the target audience is just about as old as a cycle anyways. Every couple years you throw something fresh in the mix like a black bad boy or the though girlpower martial arts chick and you're good.

Like i wrote, there are a few Techno songs for example that realy touch me emotionaly with their sound only, more the "epic-wide-infinite freedom" kinda songs.
But usualy ordinary techno stuff is just repetitive boring sound with a 5-10 word pointless or stupid phrase.
Same for common DancePop actualy, just with more lyrics but usualy just as pointless.

I think the whole foundation of Techno + Dance in the states is very different to EU, geezzz... imagine to suffer euro-pop/techno/dance in all it's variations since the 80s :grab

After getting into Music as a kid (late 80s) with stuff like Micheal Jackson and shit from my parents, and unfortunately without older siblings, i was listening to happy-rave stuff and hardcore-techno (Gabba) from the netherlands.
Living not even half a hour from the border it was everywhere -_-''
Then, while discovering new music, it slowly turned into what are my favs now, "Ska/Punk-rock" and "New-/Metal", i got seriously hooked by the first Rage against the machine album and "Die Aerzte" an extremely popular Punk band over here.

not related to the topic just FYI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_%C3%A4rzte
YouTube- Die Ärzte: Junge (English subs [uncensored])

That sums it up i think, kids not knowing about nothing and surrounded by mainstream garbage on the path to themselves....or to a brainless media victim.

I know i got a tiny fanboy in me, but i consider my music taste as pretty wide spreaded. Also i'd never flame stuff like you're all listening to crap or you all gotta listen to punk and metal....last isn't a bad thought though:rock:D

I feel I may have to start a thread where everyone can suggest songs that they feel either personify a genre, or they just think other people should hear. Think I'll do that just now. This job application can wait!

That's a lot to discuss xD
IMHO u can't pigeonhole (that's right?) quite a lot of Bands.
That's why i'm using simple and rough word combos, actualy i'm not even sure what an emo is or listens to...such a hyped word and i dont even know if i am one xD
But if it's anything close to gayfish Bill from TokioHotel ....BLOODY HELL IM NOT!

I like the Thread that you made, nice idea.

Bearded Bugs
06-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Stuff I agree that music with lyrics is easier to connect with emotionally, but you seemed to imply originally that music MUST have lyrics to be emotionally evocative: my mistake. ;)

I also agree that if the question is "What is your favourite type of music?" then the likelihood of someone truly liking all types of music the same is low. However, I do think it relatively probable that someone would have favourite songs from most well-known genres.

T FUNK 1984
06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I voted techno but it's more electronic music as a whole. Love proper deep house and techno.

H0p3sfalL
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
rock,metal,hardcore etc etc

Too many bands to list. See below for a few tracks/bands i have been into as of late.

Dead Country - Euro Trash
A silent film - You Will Leave a Mark
Explosions In The Sky - The Only Moment We Were Alone

Miasma
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Mainly hardcore and acoustic.

It's awesome ANYTHING music. Well, not anything, not great music to, ahem, love to... ;) But almost anything else. :)

So you're saying you've never had the urge to listen to it during sex and scream "Farewell Thunderchild!" at the point of climax?

Sabrelord
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Mainly hardcore and acoustic.

So you're saying you've never had the urge to listen to it during sex and scream "Farewell Thunderchild!" at the point of climax?

lmao! xD

Roughest for "me" was Deftones-Adrenaline but without screaming something lol but usualy i prefer something more appropriate xD

Dee Zee
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Metalcore and Hard Rock are my favorite types of music, but I love about every genre.

SteTainsh1989
06-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I voted Metal but love my rock music aswell

A Total Melvin
06-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Anything but rap, can't stand that trashy excuse for music.

I felt this way for quite some time. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but after doing some searching, I think there's a ton of great rap out there.

As for my favourite genre? Hard to say, I like tons. I suppose Indie Rock would be my favourite, though I listen to rap, classical, blues, techno. Whatever floats my boat. :)

Metal is the one thing that I have trouble getting into. Anyone have any good recommendations for some guy who doesn't really like it much? To give an example of the hardest rock I will listen to... uh, maybe Superbeast by Rob Zombie?

Coadster1
06-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Rock/Metal/Alternative/Etc.

Elekid
06-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Oi vey. Techno is not the general term for Electronic Music. Techno is Techno.

o0ArA0o
06-09-2010, 09:03 AM
My music is metal ... ^^
Medival, Metalcore, Grunt, JRock and some old school stuff like Blind Guardian.

Favorite Bands at the moment are: Callejon, MUCC, Rammstein, As I lay dying, Schandmaul, Illdisposed and In Flames to give a direction ;)

Axe Argonian
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm all for metal and its various sub-genres. Nu-Metal, Alternative Metal, Progressive Metal, Classic Metal, Industrial Metal, Metalcore...you get the idea. ;)

Bearded Bugs
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Metal is the one thing that I have trouble getting into. Anyone have any good recommendations for some guy who doesn't really like it much? The first thing that springs to mind is Accolade II by Symphony X: intelligent writing and composition, no screaming vocals, heavy when it needs to be, and pretty keyboard parts. :p

YouTube- Symphony X - Accolade II

agentplatypus
06-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Hip Hop. Underground to be specific.

mmartynn
06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
im into alot of things. but i like my gothic metal.

(so rammstein, slipknot, manson, cradle)

but none of that screaming shit. thats not music, thats just a guy having his balls ripped off with a chainsaw

Smoochy
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM

but none of that screaming shit. thats not music, thats just a guy having his balls ripped off with a chainsaw But you listen to Cradle and Slipknot? A little hypocritical don't you think?

And lol at your statement about "that screaming shit". Please, grow up.

Axe Argonian
06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
The first thing that springs to mind is Accolade II by Symphony X: intelligent writing and composition, no screaming vocals, heavy when it needs to be, and pretty keyboard parts. :p

YouTube- Symphony X - Accolade II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cW5uEqfG8)
I love Symphony X! They're definitely one of my favorite Progressive Metal artists.

Have you listened to their most recent album, Paradise Lost? That is quite a beautiful work of art. I highly recommend it to anyone who is new to the realm of metal, but I also recommend to anyone who appreciates beautiful music (metal or not) in general. :)

Corrupt.
06-13-2010, 03:05 AM
"Electronic" music, as it is normally labelled. House, Trance, Techno, Drum & Bass, and many variations. Dubstep & Hip Hop too.

Bearded Bugs
06-13-2010, 03:36 PM

but none of that screaming shit. thats not music, thats just a guy having his balls ripped off with a chainsaw It's hypocritical to say "none of that screaming shit" when the four bands you mentioned all use screaming vocals at times. Also, they're not really "gothic metal".
I love Symphony X! They're definitely one of my favorite Progressive Metal artists.

Have you listened to their most recent album, Paradise Lost? That is quite a beautiful work of art. I highly recommend it to anyone who is new to the realm of metal, but I also recommend to anyone who appreciates beautiful music (metal or not) in general. :) Yeah they're one of my favourites too! Dream Theater used to be my favourite progressive metal band but I think Symphony X slightly pip them now.

I have indeed listened to Paradise Lost, and I love it to bits, but I like The Odyssey and V: The New Mythology Suite more: all of their albums are beautiful in their own way.

Metapocalips
06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Grunge, which I classify as rock.

Don Dunckel
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Personally I'd say I have a very wide-ranged taste of music, with my favourite being metal. I prefer progressive metal, thrash metal and heavy metal and hair metal, but also like death metal (especially technical death metal like Necrophagist and Brain Drill) and other subgenres. I don't really like grindcore and black metal though and only some brutal death metal bands. I also grew to like some sick Avant-Garde stuff like Unexpect and Industrial like Laibach or Nine Inch Nails. Outside of metal I like listening to 70s to 80s Rock and Hard Rock and 60s beat and folk rock (Simon & Garfunkel are awesome), psychedelic rock like Jefferson Airplane, art rock like Yes and singer-songwriter stuff like Chris deBurgh or Neil Diamond. Sometimes I like classical music for a change. I also own all albums of Jamiroquai (found them for 2 pound each at Oxfam) and have grown to like Daft Punk (also 2 pound at Oxfam^^). But so far, Daft Punk are the only band of that genre I like.

I think my LastFM (http://www.lastfm.de/user/DonDunkel) page serves well to describe my momentary preferrance.

Irishk8lin
06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll listen to pretty much anything from metal to country but rock definetly takes the top. :)

Death Metal Jim
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Been listening to Metal since 1988, with my favorite obviously being Death Metal. I also enjoy classic rock, old-school punk/hardcore, and a tiny bit of mid to late 80s rap ;).

DarkCreations
06-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll listen to almost anything really.

But i've been into rock since day one, going from hardcore, classic and soft.

KwH x Fatality
06-15-2010, 08:10 PM
I like metal but not if it has too much screamo, spoils it.
But i like more rock bands than metal so rock gets my vote.

hodge
06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
My favourite is probably metal, but with no stupid screaming. But i also like alot of Hip Hop, Rap and Dance music too =]

flamesfan121
06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I put rock because Classic Rock wasn't on the list (Rush, Smashing Pumpkins, Aerosmith, GNR, Led Zeppelin, my list of favs goes on and on and on and ....

master_shake_350
06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Gotta be Electro/House for me. But from the poll I would say Techno.

Postmodernmartyr
06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I voted as rap but I classify what I listen to as Hip Hop... but really only one choice is too hard, punk was just an other and there wasn't even an inclusion of Post Punk, which is what I like just as much as weird artsy hip hop... and I'm a man who loves his weird Artsy hip hop!

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Rock, Rap, Metal. I like some Texas Country(Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry), some DJ's (Shadow and Cut Chemist), and some classical (but I don't listen to it often).

Also, I'm a big Jazz fan.

RexDarr
06-17-2010, 07:08 AM
I voted for rock but I enjoy almost every type of music (except for rap).
In my CD collection I have music ranging from every genre; from country to metal to rock to electronica to jazz to industrial to blues to thrash to easy listening to big band to instrumental and more.
Just take a look at my infulences and you will see:
2Cents
As Daylight Burns
Burn the Priest
Hurt
Job for a Cowboy
Johnny Cash
Lamb of God
Memento
Motograter
THE OFFSPRING
Rage Against the Machine
Tool
The Villains <--- Local blues/rock band

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Ska Ska Ska, I love Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish

xtreme2252
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Metal, industrial, rock

SubG3nius
06-18-2010, 05:47 PM
My favourite is hiphop/rap :)

Yuyuko
06-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Electronic. Trance, techno, euro-beat, happy hardcore, etc.

institutions
06-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I like a few types of music.

Rock - Favorite. I like the Classic and Hair stuff more than recent stuff. Pink Floyd, Rush, Skid Row, Foreigner, etc.

Metal - Mostly the old stuff like Sabbath, Maiden, and Dio but I like a few newer bands too like All That Remains, Mastodon, etc.

Jazz - Haven't delved too far into jazz. Just the bigger names so far: John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Art Blakely.

VERY LITTLE Rap - Eminem, MF Doom, and Nujabes (I know he was a DJ and not a rapper, but his stuff was good.)

Edit: I'm ALWAYS looking for new bands. Feel free to PM/VM any recommendations other than lame stuff like mainstream rap/pop, religious music, or punk. I just don't like punk.

Gorilla Stomper
06-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I put other, because I love Hardcore.

dirge
06-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Folk metal.

tweak4ever
06-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Folk metal.

lol, what?

skel3t0n
06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Independent rock and roll.

Bearded Bugs
06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
lol, what? It's a popular [and awesome] metal sub-genre. Here's a good example of the general sound:

YouTube- Korpiklaani - Palovana

ChaosGod87
06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Had to go with Metal, been listening to it for awhile. Fav genres are Heavy, Death, Black, and some Grind. Oh and Technical Death.

tweak4ever
06-21-2010, 08:53 PM
It's a popular [and awesome] metal sub-genre. Here's a good example of the general sound:

YouTube- Korpiklaani - Palovana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNpbeG3sYdw)

sounds kind of like the trans-siberian (sp?) orchestra

Bearded Bugs
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
sounds kind of like the trans-siberian (sp?) orchestra Hmm, I suppose there are minor similarities, but in general I'd disagree with you: TSO are a symphonic band that sing Christmas carols (not exclusively I know) and Korpiklaani are a metal band playing folk music.

PlungedxxChops
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I listen mostly to hiphop and hardcore

PlungedxxChops
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Sorry for the double post, my comp like freaked out :(

Spoony Bard
06-25-2010, 05:45 AM
I listen to good music, doesn't matter the genre. My preference for rock is anything with a heavy blues influence (Stevie Ray Vaughn, Led Zeppelin), and for hip hop any lyrical MC's (Eminem, Black Thought, Slaughterhouse), but I'll listen to anything I think sounds good; put on the right song and I'll even jam to Miley Cyrus.

To narrow it down for the purposes of this poll, I selected "Rap" because the majority of new music being produced I like is from this genre. Most of my favourite rock is older and could be defined as "classic rock".

Goldyman77
06-25-2010, 06:04 AM
I agree. I love Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rush, Motley Crue and at the same time I love Tiesto, Benny Bennasi, and Daft Punk!

DOOKH8R
06-25-2010, 07:00 AM
60's Folk
70's Punk
80's Speed Metal, Rap
90's Grunge
2000s-present Not a damn thing

Green Kreem
06-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Dubstep!!
Screamo
Rap
Metal
Drum n Bass
:Bounce:

Lol It's Me
06-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Ahhhh. I usually get shunned for my music tastes. xP

Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Drum'n'Bass.

the_b1ues
06-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Metal all the way keep the faith

Sparedbile
06-26-2010, 12:01 AM
My favorite is Nu Metal (Korn)

The other genres I listen to are Goth Metal, Blakc Metal, Symphonic Black Metal, and Indie rock.

Toddinator007
06-26-2010, 12:42 AM
ROCK!!!!! :p

Jon5880
06-26-2010, 07:00 AM
i like freestyle rap, hiphop, and club music( idk what style thats called)

DarkestofFlames
06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd say about 95% of the music I listen to is metal. The other 5% is roc en espanol, rock, blues, latin jazz, son jaliscience, dance, 80's pop, punk (NOT pop punk!), bluegrass, alternative rock, and just about anything that sounds good.

Afro Ninja
06-27-2010, 03:13 AM
I'm amazed that nobody voted for Jazz???

MaNiiAC
06-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Rap, & sometimes Rock

MaNiiAC
06-27-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm amazed that nobody voted for Jazz???

I agree, Like I said I like Rap & Rock but also like a little bit of Jazz now & then like Ray Charles I like his music :)

R Rated Love
06-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Orgcore, motherfuckers.

That aside, I went with 'other'. I was gonna type up a deep and thorough synopsis regarding my musical taste, but for the sake of brevity, I'll give it a cliché "I like many different kinds of music".

piriusgrey
06-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Pretty much all rock and metal. Listening to prog metal mostly these days.

ArtsOfTheEnemy
06-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Rock And Metal All The Way. So Most Of The Sub-Genre's Too...

Afro Ninja
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I listen to Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Classical, and Punk.

MrSpanner
06-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Alt rock, hard rock, indie and DnB FTW

jarheadwayne
06-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I listen to mostly everything, but my favorite genre is metal. Heavy, speed, black, death. That kind of metal.

Caspiel
06-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Can't go wrong with Death Metal.

lenny m
06-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Independant and Alternative Rock for me

VampHunterD
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
I like any genre of rock. Punk, pop-punk, pop-rock, alternative, indie; its all good. I also enjoy some metal every once and while.

MandyCardigan
06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I love listening to Indie Rock, Post-rock, and Folk.

B3at
06-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Screamo Forever!

A ZombieTwinkie
07-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Metal. Any kind of Metal, TBH. And just about any kind of Rock.

xXImSoBalzyXx
07-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Rock and rap mostly.

Langeboy
07-12-2010, 09:28 AM
There are a lot of people on here who like rock and metal. Personally I hate the stuff, but to each his own.
I'm into 'techno' as you call it, anything playing in clubs. Ministry of sound types, at the moment I'm listening to dub step.
I like hip-hop.. Without the rap, I mainly just like the background beats.

THe Silent Assassin
07-15-2010, 02:16 PM
im into everything tbh techno rap hip hop rave alternative pop rock heavy metal classical

WRappiii
08-09-2010, 10:46 AM
neo-folk eg Devendra Banhart

classic/psychedelic rock eg The Beatles, The Velvet Underground

death metal/deathcore eg Chelsea Grin, Oceano, Carnifex

Joewl45
08-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Rock music all the way, with a little bit of rap thrown in on the side. I've recently been getting in to stoner rock/metal as well, I find it very easy to listen to :)

TORO
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm a metal head all the way.

soda-farl
08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Other - most Hardcore apart from the cheesy crap, love the Industrial side of it. The likes of Catscan, Promo, Meccano Twins, Noize Suppressor and Tymon are my favourite.

YouTube- &#x202a;Tymon feat. Betty Haze - Weapons of War * OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO *&#x202c;&lrm;

Dan.Pro
08-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Mostly Rock and metal. But rap is fine to (Loud Bass songs). Like that one: (Quality of the video isnt that good, but at least, it is not censored.)

YouTube- &#x202a;DMX - X Gonna Give It To Ya Dirty&#x202c;&lrm;

BenetGN
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Alternative Rock, Indie, Post Hardcore & Emo, but i'm willing to try out anything.

Milimanci
08-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Used to be Metal, but now I've gotten into rap. It's the only thing I listen to now. Worst music ever is country...apparently most other people think so because no one voted for it yet. And did you know that, out of all music, country is most likely to make you suicidal? (according to MANswers :woop:)

OMGitsBrittany5
08-12-2010, 08:45 AM
R&B is where its at :rolleyes:

JDAckers
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Alternative rock, post-rock, shoegaze etc. is what I prefer :)

Burning Karma
08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Used to be Metal, but now I've gotten into rap. It's the only thing I listen to now. Worst music ever is country...apparently most other people think so because no one voted for it yet. And did you know that, out of all music, country is most likely to make you suicidal? (according to MANswers :woop:)
Probably because it is so damn depressing.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I like every genre of music except Country and Pop, but I favor Rock/Metal, and Techno

WartyHogger
08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Techno, vocal trance. Example:YouTube- Omnia & The Blizzard Feat. Susana - Closer (Original Mix Edit)

HuskyHuscarl
08-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I listen to everything, except... Rap, grime, country...
I kinda like classical because of Hans Zimmer, hes a living legend
You would probably all know him from the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack! :)

RAIDERJUNKIE
08-20-2010, 01:02 AM
If I had to choose I would say rock, but I also like metal and rap.

Job For A Pyro
08-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Metal, for sure. \m/

vX DRoPDEaD Xv
08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Metalcore
Post Hardcore
Hardcore
Screamo

Would be mine

Awesome taste!
Exactly the same as my kind of music :)

SharksInYourMouth
09-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Hardcore and Post-Hardcore, nuff said.

I do like basically all genres of music though ;D

Santaslave
09-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Classic rock / metal, progressive metal (Dream Theater, Nevermore), technical death metal (Atheist), mathcore (The Dillinger Escape Plan), thrash metal and much more. I try to stick to the more complex music, seeing as I analyze music much more rather than listening to it for "fun" because I play guitar myself.

tomDG111
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I only really like Rap/Hip-Hop :)

bapae
09-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Metal all the way for me.

Hero Of Acre
09-07-2010, 02:38 AM
My top five would probally have to be:

Stoner rock, doom metal, 3rd wave ska, j-pop, and japanese indie rock (Shakalabbits and HY are amazing).

In no particular order that is. Oh, and as a side note, I'm getting tired of the 'cores'; it seems that half of the genres nowadays are some form of core.

Burning Karma
09-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh, and as a side note, I'm getting tired of the 'cores'; it seems that half of the genres nowadays are some form of core.
Blame genre elitists.

DOOKH8R
09-08-2010, 02:05 AM
What is your favorite type of music?.

Elevator Music.
Although it has its ups and downs.

ThaFireman
09-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Hip-hop and some rap. (and yes, there's a difference)

"Rappers spit rhymes that are mostly illegal/emcees spit rhymes to uplift they people."

dragonpwnr99
09-11-2010, 02:37 AM
i love a good rock band, specifically alternative and classic :) im a big beatles fan too

Rodrigo
09-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Dubstep, Niche, 4x4, Grime, DnB & Bassline!

iBlessing 09
09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Electro, Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Trance, Hardstyle, Dance, Dubstep, Drum & Bass.

YouTube - DJ Ravine's will it blend? Electro, Hardstyle, Dubstep, Hardcore mix

KirbyTheAlmighty
09-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I listen to a little bit of everything. But, my main love is Hip-Hop.

DarkAssassin13
09-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Hard Rock and Heavy Metal

FRANKSEY
12-10-2010, 10:08 AM
HARDSTYLE !

dont mind a bit of rock and rap either

Lycan Supremacy
12-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Metal and of its sub genres.

Sanral
12-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Reggae, but also Country and Rock.

judd90
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I like most music but Rap is probably my favorite...

Metallica One is my fave song tho :)

SN1P3RSTU113
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Drum and Bass/ Breakbeat/ Dubstep/ Darkstep/ Techstep/ Neurofunk/ Liquid Funk/ What the funk? (Not a genre lol)

Misantrophus
12-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Since the early 90's it's Norwegian Black Metal for me. I had my times when i really enjoyed Minimal Techno but it seems over. I still listen to some softer stuff like New Model Army or The Cure but only BM really satisfys me...

Banes
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm definitly a huge rock fan, but I dip my feet in the Metal pool sometimes :drunk

TuMaBlAcK
12-19-2010, 03:34 AM
I actually like all kinds of music but the ones I've mostly growed up around are classic rock/metal, Reggae, Rap, Country, and Techno/Electronic.

HuskyHuscarl
12-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I like rock..
But I like a bit from every genre I guess :)

mikachu93
12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh, goodness... What isn't my favourite? (The answer is Christmas music, by the way.)

There are too many subgenres to list them all accurately. I like rock (alternative, punk, classic, hard rock, indie), rap and hip-hop, metal (speed metal, nu-metal, thrash, symphonic, melodic), reggae, ska, electronic (indie, trance, techno, downtempo, drum and bass), Hawaiian. Too many genres. I'll listen to almost everything but classical music (Beethoven) and overly religious songs (like "I love Jesus, Jesus is the best, Jesus is my best friend, he's better than the rest").

Delboy06eu
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Other Sums it up, as I generally listen to sub-genres, like the UK funky scene, and grime, though I'm pretty big on drum and bass and dubstep just now. Then again, I love rap and hip-hop too, as well as metal, screamo, electro, dance, hardstyle, jazz, clasical, and old school stuff, like ELO and David Bowie. I even have Rocky Horror Picture Show, Phantom of the Opera, War of the Worlds(Jeff Wayne's version <3), and Les Miserables soundtracks on my iPod.

My god I'm messed up...

Nothing wrong with a bit of variety sir!!

From Eminem to Andy C, Bowie to Queen, Serj Tankian to Trivium, ones musical pallette should never be full!!

Pieville
12-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Rap and Rock

I like most kinds of rap and most kinds of rock/metal.
I hate most kinds of screamo!

I like Disturbed and Dio (RIP)

All to Atrophy
12-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I like Disturbed and Dio (RIP)

I'm honestly surprised to notice a Dio reference, although the only song I've heard of his was Holy Diver, and I've only heard Killswitch's version of it.

My music is not very eclectic, admittedly. I guess the keyword is "symphonic", because most of what I listen to involves symphony/orchestral undertones.

I listen to soundtracks, particularly Hans Zimmer, and most kinds of rock/metal, ranging from extreme alternative like People in Planes, to Bring Me the Horizon and Winds of Plague. I also listen to Enya and Jewel. The majority of what I listen to centers around symphonic metal though, such as Evanescence, Nightwish (Tarja-era), Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Red, etc. I listen to rap on occasion, but only if it's Eminem or Mike Shinoda/FM/LP. I hate punk, pop, and R&B with a passion.

NinjaKiwiVI
01-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I love so many genres of music, but my favorites are alternative, big band, post-hardcore, indie, etc. I love everything except country and most rap.

THUGGEDOUT
01-12-2011, 08:22 AM
I listen to metal mostly but do like other genre's like rap, reggae, 80's and many more.

Miss Kay1987
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I like a bit of everything :)
Classical, Progressive, Psychedelic, Ambient, Experimental, Noise core, "Angry bitch music", '60s/'70s Rock, Death/Doom/ Black Metal, Drum and bass, Electro, Indie, Trance, Rap*....
I like a lot :P

*I like GOOD rap, not crap like "MOVE BITCH! GET OUT THE WAY!" ...Although... It is kinda funny... but still crap :P

Tanvir
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Everyone has there own taste for music.
mine is: Grime/Rap/Hip-hop/RnB/Raggae/Dancehall

g0dz5
10-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Had to choose Techno as there is no Electro/Progressive House section :)

Spade.
10-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Wow. We got alot of metalheads on this site.

Epic Lou
10-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I pretty much only listen to R&B.

Quasar Ballz
10-29-2011, 12:45 PM
i listen mostly to club music

Dark Classic
10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Rock Forever \o/!
But I Like Rap, Reggae and Metal too.

XXFLAME RECONXX
10-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I like Rock and Metal.

Tom115
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM
R&B/Hip-Hop/Dubstep.
I do love all genres of music though. Metal is pretty awesome played on subs...

RandomRyan
10-30-2011, 11:17 PM
All music if its sung & written well enough

CodyMajin
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I think when Speak in hind sight to say that metal is the more popular music genre :locked

DrDozo
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I listen to nearly everything, but my favorite is sludge metal/stoner rock/psychedelic rock.

Smoochy
11-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Punk/Hardcore is mine. Although I'm really into jazz and acoustic a lot as well.

GrimSovereignty
11-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Rap is my favorite but I also like Rock, Alt Rock, Classical, and Jazz

paulhector
11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
My favorite type of music Rock and Jazz.

ItachisTruth
11-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Dubstep!

Although it wasn't up there so I just chose other.

I can't believe Dubstep isn't up there...

CrucialKitty7
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I actually most kind of music, but i dont like country, classical, opera and anything else my mum and dad would listen too

Rajeanero
11-05-2011, 03:59 PM
My favorites are Metal- and Deathcore :)

JoX92
11-10-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm a die-hard Rock/Metal fan. Bands like Motörhead, Scar Symmetry, KISS, In Flames etc always satisfy me, but also The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Little Richard and B.B King. Love it!

marcus11411
11-10-2011, 02:37 AM
progressive rock like pink floyd and porcupine tree and instrumental rock like joe satriani and steve vai

Dexter010
11-17-2011, 05:23 AM
I voted for other because I like Dutch music, Hardcore, Hardstyle, Drug(house), some DubStep, Pop/Top 40 music, Rap/Hip-Hop.

adz5000
11-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Anything rock or country, and just a bit of rap.

This sums me up perfectly.

I voted country because I guesses it would need some support and yes, it only has 2 votes :(.

Sad times.

adz5000
11-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I actually most kind of music, but i dont like country, classical, opera and anything else my mum and dad would listen too

Man you make me sad, country is not "mum and dad" music. Bro, I'm 17 and my parents are early 40's they think country is "ok" and I frickin' love it. Hell I have 5/6 friends who are big country fans that are between 16 and 18 years old.

Listen to... Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Josh Turner, Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith and then tell me you don't like country. Too many people diss country before they give it a proper go.

-
-
-
-
PS: This is amazing....

Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams - Baby, It's Cold Outside - YouTube

LA Cool Flash
11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I listen to everything. I think that I prefer Hip Hop because it is expected of me. I really like Alternative Rock. Please don't tell my friends on Bankhead Hwy.

demphra
11-19-2011, 11:42 PM
latin pop

Besos Mojados - Wisin & Yandel - With Lyrics, Con Letra - YouTube

:)

kaseywc98
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Metal! -Metallica plays-:rock

Last Shaman
12-02-2011, 05:42 AM
im split between metal and rock but i prefer rock just a tiny bit

I H8ME I Santos
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I love to listen to a lot of indie and folk music.
MGMT, Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket, ect.

WinterWolf
12-03-2011, 06:37 AM
I'll listen to almost anything except country!

Rude boy921
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Reggae FTW

ChickinOnaChain
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I wanted to pick more than one, since my likes vary. My first pick was rock, then techno, then metal and then other. I don't care for jazz or country.

UnknownHero
02-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I like all kinds of music but if I have to choose between one it be rock

Slayground
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Metal and some dubstep.

xI WARFARE
02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
and some Techno (specifically Dub Step and Goyo techno.)

Techno (specifically Dub Step

Techno = Dub Step

No.

Also Dubstep is my favourite genre right now, but i'll listen to anything that has a pulse.

Broke
02-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Ska is my favourite for sure then either Metal or Drum n Bass

SniperShot438
02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I like Rap and Hip Hop the best. Eminem FOREVER! Lil Wayne as well and Drake is pretty cool.

Bodom94
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Pirate metal atm, I don't know why, but I've been in love with it for the past few days.

Alestorm - The Sunk'n Norwegian (PIRATE METAL! - 2011 ALBUM) - YouTube

Vampire Amaya
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Though I will listen to almost anything, metal is most definitely my preferred genre.
Most people are actually surprised to know I listen to genres such as classical, pop and rap, amongst others :p

JMNELSON
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Rap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KozyDemon
03-02-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm particularly fond of Hard Rock, Metal, and Techno :woop:

maxjing
03-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I listen to mostly metal and electronica.

HV3loco
03-06-2012, 02:44 AM
I enjoy listening to anything that has a cool beat, but my main choice of music would be Hip-Hop,preferably Rap

Fixelbucket
03-06-2012, 03:29 AM
I like almost all forms of music and I've gone through every phase imaginable except an "emo" phase. Nowadays, however, my favourites are Hardstyle and Dubstep.

Celly
03-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Mainly rap, Eminem, 50 Cent, 2Pac.... just a few favorites to name.

Kreegles
03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
All you will find on my iPod is rock and electronic with little traces of rap, not much, but a little.

ThaProdigy
03-17-2012, 03:54 AM
this is actually a hard question for me because I love RNB one day, then I feel like listening to Rap the next. Some days some classic rock. But since my favorite artist is a rapper (Tupac), I choose rap as my favorite genre.

hydrosugar
03-17-2012, 04:29 AM
I listen to a bit of everything(except country - ew), but my favs would probably be Rock and Electronica.

GhostFalcon3
03-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Ambient music mainly.

StayonTarget
03-18-2012, 10:49 PM
"I love rock n roll, put another dime in the jukebox baby!"

Jchandler1985
03-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Mostly rap, hip hop, and R&B

HugTheBear
03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll listen to anything but rap-- if you've heard one song about "hoe's in da club" or "poppin' a cap in dat ass," you've heard them all. Classic Rock is probably my favorite.

Rep
03-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Rap/Hip-Hop.

I like Rock and some pop, but rap is my favorite.

jestersice
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Other: Everything I like. Too much to list. :eek:

xdisturbedx666
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Rock and Metal! \m/

daveyboy 445
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
i love rock & alternative

Dawg88
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Favorite dj`s i like is:
-Deadmau5
-Tiesto
-Armin Van Buuren
-Yaheel
-Skrillex
-Daft Punk

I have some pop music i like from the 90`s: (I miss the 90`s):(
-Haddaway
-Capella
-Ace Of Base
-Dr.Alban
-2 Ulimited
+ i have some more, but i dont remember there name.:p

I hear most of the music except rock & heavy metal.

Judicar
03-28-2012, 12:29 PM
I love a great range of music but my favorite has always been rock. I did not really get into music until after high school, when I heard a band's song that ended up becoming my favorite band today and it got me interested in music in general. Only genres I can't stand are rap and country. It's not pure hate as I acknowledge good things can be found in all piles of crap but they are definite types of music I don't like. I will say there are some artists out there (most oldschool) I'd buy a **** instrumental album from in a heartbeat if they ever released something like that, as I've heard a few country artists that are geniuses with the guitar and even some rappers that have some amazing beats.

Ecastor
03-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm stuck between classical music and rock/heavy metal. I'm going to go for classical.

ShadowDemon xYx
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
punk, pop punk, emo, alternative, hardcore, ska, metalcore, and a little indie.

BLOOdREDkN7GHT
03-31-2012, 02:08 PM
rock mostly, a little indie on 89.3 the current from time to time...

CrabSpinner
04-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Mostly Rock, though I branch out into metal from time to time.

Tumppi7
04-01-2012, 03:48 PM
:drunk Sentenced :drunk

WartyHogger
04-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Trance and Vocal Trance.
Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Omnia, anything Trance, I'll probably love.

LPfan19
05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Great how many people enjoy Metal

xKRAIZEEMANx
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I voted "Metal" as a majority of my favorite bands fall under this category. But nothing will ever replace Led Zeppelin as my all time favorite band...having lived several of their songs...

Thy Entertainer
05-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Orchestrated - Any music sounds better when backed by an entire orchestra, but classical music has always been a favourite of mine.

Barad
05-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Hip Hop/Rap & Dubstep!

mrj3d
05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I love Rock, Alternative and Metal. Hard rock, classic rock are others I like.

HerBravado
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
R&B isn't a choice. :I
So that.
& hip-hop.
& edm.

Starkweather
05-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't think i can ever choose one particular genre.

I have my obsession with The Killers but then on any day i can listen for hours to any of the below

Outkast
Eminem
Alter Bridge
Shinedown
Led Zeppelin
Smashing Pumpkins
Michael Jackson
Johnny Cash
Ray Lamontagne
Mumford & Sons
Bruce Springsteen

Plus Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Urdu music and the list could go on and on there are also artists i cannot stand but i won't mention any :P

master_shake_350
05-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Electro Swing :D

Sarsage
05-28-2012, 07:24 AM
My favourite type of music is Melodeath and my favourite band is Children Of Bodom. But I like all types of metal and I even like Orchestrated music like Sigur Ros and Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

BitterFlipper9
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I voted "Metal" as a majority of my favorite bands fall under this category. But nothing will ever replace Led Zeppelin as my all time favorite band...having lived several of their songs...

Led Zeppelin is awesome.
Some of my favorite genres are classic rock, funk rock, hard rock, classic metal, 70's through 90's heavy metal, psychedelic rock, pop/rock, and my favorite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Amazon Odie
05-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I listen to everything but my favorite type of music is metal by far.

MANDY
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Hardstyle.
Hardcore.

:woop:

Skorpion XBA
05-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Mostly metal, but I don't really have a favorite style. I listen to just about everything...except polka.

Bullets In 3D
05-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Old School Rap.

shadedsanity124
06-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I try to listen to each variety, but mostly rock for me as well.

Koushiro
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Happy hardcore and hard rave is what i've been listening to a lot at work lately, specifically M-Project, DJ Sharpnel, Exit Trance, and Minamotrance.

CaLL Me Shaq x
06-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Can't specify my favourite kind of music, because I like some songs from other genre's more than others :) All music can be good IMO :)

CMCX360
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Rock, especially Classic Rock. Just picked up the album "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad today.

domn8rdom
06-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Whoa 3 people for country. Thats a shame. Country is the best!

magikod
06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Rock for me.

CHIRUNO99
06-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I like Jazz, not quite fond of Freeform or Acid Jazz, just mostly Jazz. Although I tend to like pretty much anything besides Rap, Hip-Hop or Rave. I've seen a live Jazz band at one point, it was at a mini cask festival and it was pretty cool.

Tsaako
06-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I voted for Rap. However I don't predominantly listen to it. I listen to pretty much everything as long as its catchy, I don't really care for genre. Saying that though I do dislike anything too heavy for its genre. Modern heavy metal comes to mind. Same goes for dubstep but I actually don't mind some dubstep from time to time.

Mutalus
06-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Metal and Aggrotech.

Smoochy
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Hardcore/Punk easily.

However, my favorite artist is Jack Johnson, who is obviously not in the same genre at all.

MachineGunMatt
06-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I used to love Hiphop during the 90's but now its wack as fuck. I mostly listen to Rock and Dubstep now.

dwayne_hicks
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Rock, with a big chunk of that being Classic rock and some 90s rock.

REDEYEDTOFFEE 2
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I love street Rap, not the studio made up crap.

RayJay90
06-20-2012, 04:35 AM
I like to listen to music from movies (no lyrics/voice), trailers, video games and sometimes anime/tv shows. I don't know what kind of music it is consider as, but my guess would be "modern classical".

some examples
Q-Factory - Quest for Glory
Oblivion - King and Country
Two Steps from Hell - Protectors of earth & Heart of Courage
Halo 3 - Never Forget
Super Smash Bro Brawl - Main Menu

Caped Cd
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
I like Rock (mostly classic rock) and Jazz (a broad selection) personally.