PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Victor not unlocking

Slydog73
06-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi

I am having some trouble with the 100 ranked wins achievement. I have 120 wins at the moment on Head to Head matches and the achievement has still not unlocked.

I would post on Relics web page but I can't even get an account working there, they keep telling me they have sent details to my email address and yet nothing arrives, even tried setting up a new account.

Has anyone else here encountered the same issue with the the achievement not popping, I must admit I have had no problems with any others.

Thanks in advance.

fatality292
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
are you sure they are 'Ranked' wins...

Slydog73
06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
I am sure they are only ranked wins as the attached graphic shows only your history from playing ranked games, private and public matches are not counted.

All games were found from "Find a Game", so yep absolutely sure about the ranked part.

Bubba Brad
06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
any luck with this achievement yet, it sucks that its glitched.
ive heard of a few cases for campaign but not online wins.
Have you tried to remove the patch and update again.
Similar to the Cache on the xbox, when removed it sometimes triggers achievements.

Slydog73
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
rofl, have not thought to do this, do I need to uninstall the game and retain the game saves for this to happen, or is there some way to unload the patches and let steam reinstall them

Only prob with reinstalling the patches will be the 3-4Gb in download quota it will chew thru, even though 3FL is a freezone server on my ISP, it seems that the updates are not from 3FL and from another source, hence are counted towards quota, seems to make that 55Gb every month a little more precious when there updates of this size

I have even tried to tell steam to not keep the game up to date, but it seems to ignore my instructions. And you also need to be online for licence management which blows.........

Will have to consider when I finally manage to beat wave 20 on The Last Stand, currently have a lvl 18 Hive Tyrant, just looking for competent Sorc's now, rofler

Bubba Brad
06-25-2010, 04:53 AM
rofl, have not thought to do this, do I need to uninstall the game and retain the game saves for this to happen, or is there some way to unload the patches and let steam reinstall them

Only prob with reinstalling the patches will be the 3-4Gb in download quota it will chew thru, even though 3FL is a freezone server on my ISP, it seems that the updates are not from 3FL and from another source, hence are counted towards quota, seems to make that 55Gb every month a little more precious when there updates of this size

I have even tried to tell steam to not keep the game up to date, but it seems to ignore my instructions. And you also need to be online for licence management which blows.........

Will have to consider when I finally manage to beat wave 20 on The Last Stand, currently have a lvl 18 Hive Tyrant, just looking for competent Sorc's now, rofler

I'd keep the game saves, but as far as im aware, the statistics are saved to your profile and on the online leaderboards, so when you reinstall or remove cache/patch, maybe winning or completing another ranked game will unlock the achievement, hope this helps, im only on 30 wins so far, not getting the achievement at 100 would kill me.

mhkerr
11-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Have you had any luck with this? Same problem for me. Did you have anybody disconnect from games or did you win/have them concide everytime?

Hoping that while disconnects show as wins on leaderboard they dont actually count towards achievement, hoping :,(

Calib4n
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem, 101 wins and no achievement. Driving me nuts. If anyone happens to see this and knows how to make it work, please feel free to PM me :p

mhkerr
07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Finally unlocked for me today at 218 wins. Deleted everything and reinstalled DOW2 without the chaos pack.

Had 87 wins with chaos before reinstall so I'm guessing wins with chaos dont count, add in disconnects at about 35 which dont count either, leaving me my 100 wins with original races

Arizigoku
07-22-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm guessing wins with chaos dont count

Dang. I was aiming for this achievement, but almost all my wins are with Chaos. Unfortunately it sounds very likely that Chaos wins don't count. The total might well be calculated from the wins from the four original races.

Also, I guess this probably won't be corrected since it it isn't really a bug. After all, the achievement is pre-Chaos Rising.

Thanks for the heads up. Probably spared me a big disappointment when I finally reach 100 ;)

Guapo Jim
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
argh :( better to have found this now than later i suppose.
that's a write off of about 20 chaos wins.

so do we know conclusively if i can *play* Chaos Rising but get my wins as the original races? is that ok?

also... i played & completed the original game and had, oh maybe 50 cumulative wins across the original races. i bought a new PC in the time between that and Chaos Rising, lost my save games, and all my stats seem to have started again.
so even though they aren't visible on my win / loss count, do you suppose that ~50 will be counted? or am i back to zero? :(

Miles Prower F6
07-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Edit: Chaos victories do count, got veteran victor at 100 wins including 13 chaos victories.

Arizigoku
07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
so do we know conclusively if i can *play* Chaos Rising but get my wins as the original races? is that ok?
(

Since the various achievements for playing 20 times with each of the original races work fine with Chaos Rising, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

mhkerr
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
so do we know conclusively if i can *play* Chaos Rising but get my wins as the original races?

Dont think its a problem as I know many people who got the wins achievement with chaos installed, I was just having major problems with the 100 wins so thought I'd try it without chaos installed

and all my stats seem to have started again.
so even though they aren't visible on my win / loss count, do you suppose that ~50 will be counted? or am i back to zero? :(

Do you mean they dont show on your leaderboard? If not would go on the assumption that they're lost. Will make a nice surprise if you only need to win another 50 games though ;)

Vertigo
11-23-2011, 03:10 AM
To those that have been having problems with the achievement unlocking, have you found a solution yet? I am past 115 wins and have not unlocked the achievement yet.

Addendum: Well, I got the achievement to unlock after about 167 wins. I have 2 copies of the game and 2 PC's and I had been going back and forth between PC's initially. I suspect that I probably have 100 wins on 1 PC and the 67 on the other (I made a point at the end to play on 1 PC only). I cannot prove this, but this is my suspicion. This should not happen, but the game have been glitching for me. The Chaos rising campaign achievements are not popping for me.

ugli
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM
So... Any new info about this?

Just hit my 110th win and still not unlocking. I've too have been playing on two different computers. Going to start grind with just one from now on. Hoping it will help :/

EDIT: Ok. I unlocked the cheevo after 160+ wins.