PDA

View Full Version : First x360a Duel Tournament Sign-up

ChemicalxRachel
06-06-2010, 11:02 PM
List Full.

If you still wish to duel, than feel free to sign up. I'm keeping a side list of those who still wish to play just in case any other duelist drops out. If you are added to the list, you will be sent a message by either myself, or one of the officials of the tournament over x360a or xbox live. I will not add you without your knowledge, please respond to that message and say yes or no on if you wish to play.

Now that we have an official release date, I am re-opening tournament sign-up's. Post a message on here if you'd like to join, or shoot me a message. Please do not add me on xbox live just to get added to the list...I will not accept you...I ask that you please put all sign-up messages on this forum or in my inbox on this forum. Thank you! I will announce when sign-up is either full, or over.

Haha okay so this idea came up in the 'Game Info' thread, and I thought it'd be fun to start a sign-up list. Post here if you'd wish to attend the tournament. I'll begin a list of names as people sign up!

A few rules:
1. We will do the tournament December 6th, 2010. This is for people to gather any cards they need, because Yu Gi Oh games can be tedious on gathering cards. Sign-up date is over on December 3rd, 2010.

2. There will be tournament brackets. 32 duelists will be allowed to join, and once the list is finalized, I will put it in a bracket generator and post the first days vs challenges. Simply put, I will put on the official tournament thread who will duel who the first rank.

3. The duels will take place over ONE DAY, not three, not 15 minutes. Three is a little excessive and it will take way longer for the tournament to finish. You have 24-hours to do your duel. People have lives, I cannot assign times to everyone to duel. It would not be fair if I assigned someone a duel time of, say, 12pm, and they have work from 6am to 2pm. How fair would that be? So, assuming everyone has lives outside of video games, you have 24-hours to duel, and that will be up to you and your opponent.

4. It is completely up to each of the duelists to contact each other. Do not be wishy-washy and go "Oh, they'll contact me" whatever. Don't take that chance. If you don't try, then there is a problem. And do not ignore your fellow duelist. It is important, once I post who will be dueling whom to the thread for you to be in contact with the other duelist. Once you see who you will be dueling, PM them, send them an xbox live message, friend request, ext. And decide what time you all can duel. You still have 24-hours from the start of the tournament to duel and submit the proof.

5. Now onto the proof. Yes, one or both of you will have to take a picture proof of the duel and who won. I do not want any he-said-she-said crap going on. If picture proof is submitted than nobody can say that is a lie, right? However, if both duelists come back and agree, only one picture needs to be submitted. If the duelists disagree, than each will be asked to supply their own picture proof. But, to avoid that, lets all agree, Mmkay?

6. Once the first tier is done, I will generate the second tier where the winners play the winners of the other duels, and there will be 24-hours to duel just like the first round. With 32 duelists, there will be 5 rounds (IE five days. It will start on Monday and end on Friday.)

7. If there is a problem (funeral, RROD, family emergency, whatever would make you not be able to duel) than please let someone know. Let the person you are dueling know, and then, in turn, let me know, and we can figure it out.

8. And if you need to withdraw from a tournament, you must let someone know. Communication is IMPORTANT. If you wish to withdraw, do not post on this forum, send me a specific message.

9. Each pairing will be a duel, not a match, not a 2 out of 3, one duel. Report the scores and send any proof to me and it'll be logged.

Any questions? Please contact me, or one of the officials. If there is a problem and you cannot duel, of course talk to your partner and then message one of us and we'll take care of it.

And finally, there will be 3 officials for the tournament. These officials will be:

1. ChemicalxRachel
2. Linktriforce007
3. Fullmetalx07

Good luck Duelists!

The List:
1. x SrK
2. linktriforce007
3. daz343
4. Espada Tiburon
5. Purge All Filth
6. Fullmetalx07
7. Duke x360a
8. Sephiroth in HD
9. SevenJesterHats
10. Gareth Dent
11. God of Noodles
12. DeeJayMark
13. LionHeart50
14. RobbieTheKiller
15. skoda1981
16. Hutzezon
17. PatrickPo
18. KenjiHarima666
19. x Ironstorm
20. darkleo001
21. ff6man
22. A C Myerz
23. gyrgadget
24. Shorty11857
25. Pocrage
26. youngballar00
27. Reg the Gallant
28. MATT the MeRk19
29. Caranthir007
30. Mikesahhh
31. Duelingk
32. SanderDane

Fullmetalx07
06-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Fullmetalx07 :D

linktriforce007
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
GT: Linktriforce007

Wouldn't it be better to set up a tourney like bracket? That way things wouldn't get confusing.

ChemicalxRachel
06-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I will, once we get everyone that wants to participate's GT, that way I can randomize it.

Fullmetalx07
06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I will, once we get everyone that wants to participate's GT, that way I can randomize it.

I was going to say the same thing, lol

linktriforce007
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I was going to say the same thing, lol

Here's hoping my deck doesn't absolutely suck. =P

ChemicalxRachel
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Lol yea, I can't really make a tournament bracket if we don't know for certain how many people will participate. Like, we may only get 6 or 7, but then again we could get 10-20. We never know. Once I'm sure what date the game comes out, we can set the tournament start date for a month or so after that date, and a date for signup cutoffs and what not.

Fullmetalx07
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Here's hoping my deck doesn't absolutely suck. =P

were hoping to have the tournament like one month after the games comes, give you sometime to put together a decent deck

ChemicalxRachel
06-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Okay. I've started to make a tournament bracket for the thing. It has 32 slots on it, so I'm hoping that'd be enough for everyone.

We'll have up to 32 slots, and 5 rounds =). If more people want to participate then that, I can adjust the list accordingly. Along with if less people sign up, than I can adjust the list to fit that too!

Fullmetalx07
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Okay. I've started to make a tournament bracket for the thing. It has 32 slots on it, so I'm hoping that'd be enough for everyone.

We'll have up to 32 slots, and 5 rounds =). If more people want to participate then that, I can adjust the list accordingly. Along with if less people sign up, than I can adjust the list to fit that too!

cool I think 32 slots is enough...I think people will start joining the tournament once the game comes out

ChemicalxRachel
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah I'm hoping 32 slots are enough. I have an excel spreadsheet made for it. None of the gamertags are in the slots, though, because I can set it to randomize the list of names that I give it. So all will be well.

Now, just to wait for Duelists to sign up!

If you want to sign up, either post your gamertags here, or shoot me a PM through this forum =).

Fullmetalx07
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah I'm hoping 32 slots are enough. I have an excel spreadsheet made for it. None of the gamertags are in the slots, though, because I can set it to randomize the list of names that I give it. So all will be well.

Now, just to wait for Duelists to sign up!

If you want to sign up, either post your gamertags here, or shoot me a PM through this forum =).

That works,lol I was going to make a Program that randomize everyone Gamertag and put in a tournament bracket... If we have an odd of number of people, then I can make the program that will determine who gets the bye

ChemicalxRachel
06-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Lmao that actually might be a better idea. Want to wait until we see if we have an odd number of people sign up?

LionHeart50
06-07-2010, 12:10 AM
This is going to be awesome.

ChemicalxRachel
06-07-2010, 12:11 AM
This is going to be awesome.

I'm assuming your GT is Lionheart50, right?

Fullmetalx07
06-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Lmao that actually might be a better idea. Want to wait until we see if we have an odd number of people sign up?

lol, well I have that program written because of a school project I had to do.

Fullmetalx07
06-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm assuming your GT is Lionheart50, right?

yea, it is, lol he my friend and I just told him about the tournament we doing

ChemicalxRachel
06-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Lol okay. I put him on the list. Well, we'll figure out the bracket thing after we have everyone signed up. I'm still going to say 32 duelists and 5 rounds will be the max. Because, really, that is a lot of duelists right there anyway.

ProtoEXE28
06-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Sign me up!

linktriforce007
06-08-2010, 02:10 AM
that makes five, lol.

xDyNaMiCx
06-09-2010, 02:32 AM
GT: xI Am Afromannn.

can't wait till this game comes out.

Fullmetalx07
06-09-2010, 02:34 AM
sweet, we have 6 players now

xDyNaMiCx
06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
i was xI Am Afromannnn

i changed my name to x eLectRiC o

sorry about that.

Fullmetalx07
06-10-2010, 02:24 AM
it's okay thanks for letting us know

Lord Yamikage
06-10-2010, 04:32 AM
We should have a date and time, no? I mean, not everyone will get the game on the release date. Some may not be online due to varies of reason.

Sign me up. Lucky # 7, Lord Yamikage.

Personally, I think one month after the release will be the great date, because I highly doubt you (player) start with every card available So player will need time to gather the card they want to build the deck they desire.

KillerBEA
06-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Add me KillerBEA X, I will pwn all:woop:

Gohan Reborn
06-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Definite. Sign me up. Hopefully this will be matches not single duels right?

Fullmetalx07
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
We should have a date and time, no? I mean, not everyone will get the game on the release date. Some may not be online due to varies of reason.

Sign me up. Lucky # 7, Lord Yamikage.

Personally, I think one month after the release will be the great date, because I highly doubt you (player) start with every card available So player will need time to gather the card they want to build the deck they desire.

Once we know when the game is coming out, then we can decide on a date and time.

Fullmetalx07
06-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Definite. Sign me up. Hopefully this will be matches not single duels right?

it's should be matches because that's how the game is played, best 2 of out 3 wins and goes on to the next round.

sokmaster
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I started collecting cards and playing since the LOB set, but had to stop collecting around the LON/LOD sets. I've tried keeping up with the game through the various NDS games, but haven't even played on of those for many years. Obviously there are a lot of sets out now, and have no idea the deck structures of today's game.

I even downloaded MTG on XBL because I was dying for a card game to play again. Then a few months after enjoying what I played of that game, I couldn't help but want to play Yugioh again. Then a few months pass and I was super excited when this game was announced for XBL.

If this tournament is a month after the game comes out, surely that would be adequate time to familiarize myself with enough cards, tactics, and popular themes being used today to be competitive.

Sign me up! GT: sokmaster

ChemicalxRachel
06-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Yeah that is why we made it a month after it came out. I'm sure you wont start with all the cards. And a month is good enough time to build your deck, farmiliarize yourself with the game again, practice, ext.

BloodGodAlucard
06-11-2010, 11:57 PM
I would also love to compete. I haven't played in a while either. So I appreciate the month to train and get reaquainted with my old favorites and impliment some of the newer cards aswell. My gamercard is on the site: BloodGodAlucard

Hopefully it will be easy to unlock cards quickly. From the looks of the screen shots, it seems like this game will be similar to the Tag Force series. (At least in terms of the dueling field display). Does anyone know if there is a single player campaign? Or is it just online play? I hope there is some form of single player. I love the anime so I just get so absorbed into the games. I'm really hoping for personalization of dueling avatars like in the DS games, but more indepth. How about you guys?

Bleeding Star
06-12-2010, 12:20 AM
GT: Shaninio

but this is assuming I am free on the dates given, if I am then I'm definitely in

Purge
06-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I should be free.

GT: Purge x360a

Shelton
06-13-2010, 06:37 AM
When it comes to organising something like this, you really need to have a clear cut set of rules. We tried to arrange a tournament for MtG upon its release. It got underway but failed, due to people signing up then never actually playing. I played my first game in the tournament, it went fine, we posted the results etc. However, my next opponent (despite the fact that he was online), would not reply to any messages, so it was impossible to play him. It then became a case of he said/she said.

Therefore, I implore you to think this through thoroughly and account for all possible mishaps and circumstances. Otherwise, the tournament will fail. Honest and committed players are integral too.

With that said, sign me up please.

Lord Yamikage
06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
When it comes to organising something like this, you really need to have a clear cut set of rules. We tried to arrange a tournament for MtG upon its release. It got underway but failed, due to people signing up then never actually playing. I played my first game in the tournament, it went fine, we posted the results etc. However, my next opponent (despite the fact that he was online), would not reply to any messages, so it was impossible to play him. It then became a case of he said/she said.

Therefore, I implore you to think this through thoroughly and account for all possible mishaps and circumstances. Otherwise, the tournament will fail. Honest and committed players are integral too.

With that said, sign me up please.

Shelton have excellent point. After all, there is no requirement what-so-ever to sign up for this "tournament". Gamer bailing out on these sort of tournament would not be surprising. Not to mention something unexpected can always happen. For example, getting called to work on the day of the duel. We're going to need someone who have time and dedication to bring everyone together, and make sure that everyone follow through the steps. Confirming players time of their duel, and who their opponent is, and etc. Although I am looking for this, after what Shelton said, I don't know if I should keep my hope high. T_T

ChemicalxRachel
06-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Well I was thinking like each tier would be on a different day. So like the players have 24-hours to do the duel. And if you cannot get ahold of the duelist that you are supposed to play, then contact me and I will attempt to contact them. If they still refuse to answer messages after 24-hours, they forfeit the match and you automatically win. Because if you were there, willing to play, and they were not than you should win.

Though if you have some sort of emergency (because I get that crap happens, life doesn't stop for a tournament) you can contact me, and tell me and I will handle it and reschedule your match.

And to stop all he said she said kind of thing, when your duel is over one of the duelists need to take a photo proof of the match report and either post them in the thread or e-mail them to me.

Other rules are still being established and after we have a more specific date I will start to post a thread for the actual tournament with sign-up cut-off dates, rules, way things will go, ext. And after the sign up cut off dates I will post who will match who, also on that same thread. It all depends on when we get a release date for the game.

Fullmetalx07
06-13-2010, 12:11 PM
if a player is suppose to duel and not at online when we suppose to duel, then they have 15 mins to get online or give us a message. After that 15 mins is up they automatic lose the match.

Gohan Reborn
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I think the duelists should have a minimum of 3 days to duel. If they finish early, obviously they can post results, and obviously if everyone finishes, the next round can begin. I am someone who's on my xbox nearly everyday but not everyday. 3 days should be enough for each round, especially seing as in the later rounds, it's going to be the more dedicated people, meaning they more than likely won't NEED the 3 days to track down their opponent, but they'll have the option if a personal situation comes up.

ZServ
06-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Here's what we do on DToid for SSFIV ranbats, of course heavily modified for Yu-Gi-Oh! gameplay.

1; Even number of players only. A tournament bracket generator will be used, to generate a 32 OR any even number player tournament bracket. If there IS an odd-man out, and no possible way to do it otherwise, the duelist to sign up last (Player B) will face whoever signed up first (Player A). Whoever wins that duel qualifies for the tournament, and continues on. Now, if you're paying attention, that means that you have 1 player dueling twice in the first rounds of duels. No. Whoever would play against the winner of that duel (as the term WINNER would be used in the bracket generation in place of Player A's name) will receive an automatic bye-week, and moves on to round two. The following week, he would play the winner of the aforementioned duel.

2; Winners Bracket/Losers Bracket - I have to assume you're working a dual bracket. For those who don't know how this works, assuming 32 man tournament, you'll have 16 winners, 16 losers. That means right off the bat, you've got 16 people out in a single-bracket tournament. In this scenario, Losers will play against losers, winners against winners. Then, the winner of the both brackets will duel for the crown of the tournament.

3; Forbidden Card List - The forbidden/limited card list can be found HERE (http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html#limited_adv). To participate in any Konami sponsored tournament, your deck must follow these guidelines:

A; Your deck must be between 40 and 60 cards in size. No more, no less. The game doesn't allow you to have bigger (I don't think), or smaller (again, don't think), so everyone should be good on this.
B; Your side deck cannot have more than 15 cards in it. The game should enforce this too, so everyone again should be alright.
C; Extra deck.. no more than 15, etc. See above.
D; Public knowledge. Barring some crazy failure of game code, the game should enforce this as well. But, just FYI, public knowledge is cards in graveyard, number of cards in hand, and life points.
E; Card limitations - The game says it will allow custom rulings, but just HOW custom we don't know yet. If it allows a removal of the ban list, and you want to duel without a ban list, a tournament official will have to decide on whether it's allowed if both players agree. Otherwise, decks must follow the limitations set by Konami. If it ends up allowed by officials, then the decks must be sent to an official before-hand for clearance. If they say no, they don't have to provide a reason why.

4; RANBAT clarification. Ranbat means ranking-battles. Or something like that. It's generally used in fighting game tournaments, but can easily apply here too. At the start of this tournament, each player will have 0 points. Each duel played will give a player 1 point. Whoever wins that duel gets an additional 1 point. Whoever loses the duel, loses 1 point.
What makes ranbat's special, is that they are consistent. Meaning, should you guys use this rule set, then every tournament AFTER this will ALSO use ranbat as well. Points carry over. This allows you, after 2-3 tournaments, to see how strong of an opponent you're going up against, because they have a numerical ranking assigned to them based on win/loss ratio. It's pretty nifty. Oh, winners of brackets automatically get an additional point for winning their respective brackets. So, if you win your bracket, that'd be +2 total. Same applies to tournie finals. If you lose, you still lose 1 point.

5; Date And Time - This is what screws up EVERY online tournament one way or another. A player gets bored, or suddenly loses internet, or something just gets lost in translation. Here's how this works. The tournament takes place 1 week from the release of the game on the XBLA. This gives everyone time to build their decks, etc. If after that week, more time is needed by participants to gather cards for their decks, then the tournament will be delayed for 1 more week. If you NEED MORE TIME, FREAKING SAY SO. Don't do it like 3 minutes before matches start. Do it yknow, a day or so in advance.
You're on the forums ANYWAY. This allows tournament officials to send the message through live (see note 1 at bottom), to the participants, letting them know the delay, AND WHY. PLAYING: Depending on how big this gets, ideally there is a week time period to play your matches. If the bracket gets XBOX HUEG (no, not a typo) then shorten it to 3-4 days. Check the bracket, find your opponent, and fucking contact them, seriously. Don't jack around like "oh, they'll contact me" for that week. If neither of you give an outcome and it becomes an argument on who's fault it is, guess what. FLIPPING A COIN. I don't care for excuses. (See note 2) If either player has something come up, IE wedding, funeral, RROD, tragic hurricane caused a guitar to fly several hundred meters through the air and eventually through your car window where it smashed the steering wheel leaving you with broken hands for 2 months, whatever it is. Let your opponent know, and then post on the forums. When posting, please clarify how long your absense shall be. Any extended amount of time (2+ matches) should probably be reviewed by officials to see if you can continue to participate. Sounds dick-ish, but others wanna play. Can't stop the tournament for 1 person.

6; Communication - When figuring out the time of your matches, might be good to decide how you guys are going to communicate. If you're going to use voice chat, in game, party, private, etc. Or just go silent thinker. Not really a rule, just something nice to think about.

7; Officials - Regardless of what ruleset you use, please, for the love of all that is good and holy. Have more than one official. By having multiple, you can cover different time periods, and have more people to discuss tournament issues with should they arise.

8; Final rulings - Just clarifying some things. Duels shall be best 2/3. Don't know if the game will have an option yet. Loser of first duel picks who goes first second. Not my rule, just an actual rule for best 2/3 matches. Check the rulebook, dawg. Officials ruling = final. If he says you're out, you're out. If there's a problem with your opponent, you better have proof of who won the duel, otherwise it's up to them. Make sure you read through the rulebook (http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/YGO_BegGuide_Ver7-1.pdf) if you haven't recently. That's the most recent print of the rulebook, and is the same you'd find in a structure deck. Have fun, it's just a game!

Notes:
1 Ideally, out of the organizers, someone should make a tag for this. x360a YGOXBLA or something. That way, after the duel, winner can send their message just to there. No need to get on the forums, etc. Also, maybe all participants should add that tag after its made. That way you don't spam up your friends list with tons of people. Yay, friends of friends.
2 In the off chance someone in the bracket is a dirty little liar, try to get a pic or something of the win screen, showing both names. Only for if they decide that they won despite losing and start whining. Good to have actual proof.

You can put me down for a tournament, and if needed I can be an official.

linktriforce007
06-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree that these ideas are okay, but I think 15 minutes is way too little. What if I want to make myself a pizza? That takes a good 20 minutes, I automatically lose. 3 days is way too much, it'd go sooooo slow.

I like Rachel's ideas. Plus, she's the OP, so we should listen to her. We shouldn't try to overthrow her. This isn't Fable 3.

ChemicalxRachel
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay, well.

1. We will do the tournament ONE MONTH AFTER THE GAMES RELEASE ON XBLA. This is for people to gather any cards they need, because Yu Gi Oh games can be tedious on gathering cards.

2. There will be tournament brackets. 32 duelists will be allowed to join, and once the list is finalized, I will put it in a bracket generator and post the first days vs challenges. Simply put, I will put on the official tournament thread who will duel who the first rank.

3. The duels will take place over ONE DAY, not three, not 15 minutes. Three is a little excessive and it will take way longer for the tournament to finish. You have 24-hours to do your duel. People have lives, I cannot assign times to everyone to duel. It would not be fair if I assigned someone a duel time of, say, 12pm, and they have work from 6am to 2pm. How fair would that be? So, assuming everyone has lives outside of video games, you have 24-hours to duel, and that will be up to you and your opponent.

4. It is completely up to each of the duelists to contact each other. Do not be wishy-washy and go "Oh, they'll contact me" whatever. Don't take that chance. If you don't try, then there is a problem. And do not ignore your fellow duelist. It is important, once I post who will be dueling whom to the thread for you to be in contact with the other duelist. Once you see who you will be dueling, PM them, send them an xbox live message, friend request, ext. And decide what time you all can duel. You still have 24-hours from the start of the tournament to duel and sumbit the proof.

5. Now onto the proof. Yes, one or both of you will have to take a picture proof of the duel and who won. I do not want any he-said-she-said crap going on. If picture proof is submitted than nobody can say that is a lie, right?

6. Once the first tier is done, I will generate the second tier where the winners play the winners of the other duels, and there will be 24-hours to duel just like the first round. With 32 duelists, there will be 5 rounds (IE five days. It will start on Monday and end on Friday.)

7. If there is a problem (funeral, RROD, family emergency, whatever would make you not be able to duel) than please let someone know. Let the person you are dueling know, and then, in turn, let me know, and we can figure it out.

8. And if you need to withdrawl from a tournament, you must let someone know. Communication is IMPORTANT.

And finally, there will be 3 officials for the tournament. These officials will be:
1. ChemicalxRachel
2. Linktriforce007

I haven't decided who should be in the third spot...message me if you want it and I'll decide.

Lord Yamikage
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay, well.

[Eight Rules]

1. ChemicalxRachel
2. Linktriforce007

I haven't decided who should be in the third spot...message me if you want it and I'll decide.

You should edit your first post, and add the rules in there so everyone will read it.

Going to your rule, I got question on rule #5.

If both players reply, and both reply are the same - who had won the match -, would it be still necessary to submit the picture? I never submit picture of anything online, so I'll have to start asking my friends how I can do these task if submitting the picture is a must.

Dalagrath
06-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Sign me up, tag is "Dalagrath"

ChemicalxRachel
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
No, if both players agree than only one person has to submit picture proof. I'd still like one person to submit picture proof though, so we have it on record and nobody can go back and say that they won.

ChemicalxRachel
06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Alright. I updated the first post and added all the rules. I amended rule number 5, per your question and said that you didn't need to both put a picture submission.

ZServ
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
If you end up needing a third official, I'll do it.

BloodGodAlucard
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Is picture verification really needed? I'm all for ensuring honesty amongst competitors but we are all adults here and should be able to go on the honor system. After all, it's not like we're competing for prize money. (Just bragging rights). I don't have access to a camera so hopefully I get an honest adversary. Although if someone did want to lie about winning a match, I would really just pity them more than feel angry. I mean the whole situation would be very juvenile. That's just my two cents on the subject. Feel free to disagree. :p

DeeJayMark
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok you gotta sign me up too oh wonderfull Rachel...
I aint big on the forums yet, but trust me, i know this game really well, so if u need anything or another OP, itll be my pleasure...

linktriforce007
06-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Ok you gotta sign me up too oh wonderfull Rachel...
I aint big on the forums yet, but trust me, i know this game really well, so if u need anything or another OP, itll be my pleasure...

suck up much?

squallwindlord
06-20-2010, 04:54 AM
I will try to play it, if my connexion and time difference (I'm Spanish) let me go throught.

My gamercard is: Squall Windlord

Bleeding Star
06-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I've been thinking of expanding on this idea and creating an online gaming site/forum based soley around this game, basically an online YGO 5Ds League

The site would hopefully have leaderboards and tournements etc etc where hopefully a lot of members/people who play the game could sign up and participate and challenge other players to duels

If cards are trade-able online then you could organize trades through the site/forum too

Thoughts on this idea? Because if people like the idea I'll get started before the game is released

squallwindlord
06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I've been thinking of expanding on this idea and creating an online gaming site/forum based soley around this game, basically an online YGO 5Ds League

The site would hopefully have leaderboards and tournements etc etc where hopefully a lot of members/people who play the game could sign up and participate and challenge other players to duels

If cards are trade-able online then you could organize trades through the site/forum too

Thoughts on this idea? Because if people like the idea I'll get started before the game is released

Totally OK with the idea, I hope it will work

KillerBEA
06-20-2010, 06:58 PM

Thoughts on this idea? Because if people like the idea I'll get started before the game is released I already have a forum/site built if you want use that instead. I planned on using it to organize tournaments and such. If thats cool. if it is I will post a link to the site.

Is picture verification really needed? I'm all for ensuring honesty amongst competitors but we are all adults here and should be able to go on the honor system. After all, it's not like we're competing for prize money. (Just bragging rights). I don't have access to a camera so hopefully I get an honest adversary. Although if someone did want to lie about winning a match, I would really just pity them more than feel angry. I mean the whole situation would be very juvenile. That's just my two cents on the subject. Feel free to disagree. :p I hope they have a spectator mode, so that rachel or whoever is reffing can watch the matches to avoid any conflict. If thats not implemented we should just go on the honor system

Bleeding Star
06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
I already have a forum/site built if you want use that instead. I planned on using it to organize tournaments and such. If thats cool. if it is I will post a link to the site.

I hope they have a spectator mode, so that rachel or whoever is reffing can watch the matches to avoid any conflict. If thats not implemented we should just go on the honor system

well I already started working on one so Im gonna finish it, but I dont see why we couldnt maybe use both or something

I have a live gaming channel here: http://www.justin.tv/shaninio

Which I could stream live tournaments etc etc

EDIT: If anyone is interested then here is my attempt
http://yugioh5ds360.proboards.com/index.cgi

Only a forum at the moment but I am going to be designing a site or something to store brackets and ladders etc assuming it can't all be done on the forum

ChemicalxRachel
06-21-2010, 01:57 AM
So, what? The tournament here isnt going to happen then? I don't get it. If we're going to another site, then I'd have to drop out. I don't like belonging to multiple forums for the same basic thing.

Fullmetalx07
06-21-2010, 02:11 AM
I see no point in having another website for something we already have here.

KillerBEA
06-21-2010, 03:14 AM
So, what? The tournament here isnt going to happen then? I don't get it. If we're going to another site, then I'd have to drop out. I don't like belonging to multiple forums for the same basic thing. Me I was offering, since tournaments is the reason I made my site.

Woops I made a booboo when contacting people; oops! I feel like an idiot.

ChemicalxRachel
06-21-2010, 04:23 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237825

Please refer to this thread.

We will not be using another forum.

If you still wish to compete, that's awesome. But if you don't, than please let me know.

plimpdaddy
06-22-2010, 05:52 AM
sign me up: xrt juggalo

chickenbutt
06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
I want in :)
GT: Espada Tiburon

Magespower
06-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll get in on this GT: guyisme

dakisbac
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I'll sign up. Can't wait for this game.

Dukefan45
06-24-2010, 10:45 PM
I'll sign up, but I'll probably suck since I haven't played for a few years and have no idea about any of the more recent cards and restrictions.

GT: Duke x360a

a dirty grenade
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Sign me up GT: a dirty grenade. Hope this isn't goin to b full of 12 year olds I can't b arsed with the high pitched whine of those little rats when they lose lol

GYRgadget
07-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Sign me up, this should be fun

Remmetje
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Also sign me up! I can't wait for the game to come out!

Cilpcolp
07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
heck yeah sign me up. Cause this will be fun for me.

Bonana567
07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Sign me up. Gamertag: Andrew Marr

ChemicalxRachel
07-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Only 4 spots left!

Shorty11857
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd like to join in, hopefully this game is released soon

blurbia
07-28-2010, 04:16 AM
I'll join. GT: Iggister

DeeJayMark
07-28-2010, 12:04 PM
We're almost at 32 persons now for the tournament and my only fear is that by the time that game gets release, half of the people wont be able to play in the tournament or just wont buy the game...

Am i crazy or what ?

Wanderermy
07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Sign me up? lol

Kirye
08-07-2010, 10:34 PM
One last spot.. Sign me up! Can't wait for this game to come out already. :)

Lord Yamikage
08-08-2010, 05:01 AM
We're almost at 32 persons now for the tournament and my only fear is that by the time that game gets release, half of the people wont be able to play in the tournament or just wont buy the game...

Am i crazy or what ?

Na, we're all going crazy together because we don't have any idea when the game is coming out.

McTavish
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Aw, am I too late to sign up for this? Welp, guess I'll just have to face whoever wins the tournament at the end. :biglaugh

MXR5150
08-19-2010, 06:29 AM
I'd like to sign up as well. Have we seen an 'official' release date anywhere yet? The closest thing I've seen is ign.com posting for September 30th.

GT: MXR5150

Bleeding Star
08-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll give my spot up to anyone who wants it, not sure I will getting this game anymore

daz343
09-17-2010, 11:37 PM
i would like to sign up if its still possible
gt: daz343

Mikesahhh
10-07-2010, 02:33 AM
sounds too juicy GT: Mikesahhh

Kirye
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
You can take my name out of there now, sold my 360. =\ Good luck to you guys!

hutzezon
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
i want in to.

Caranthir007
10-10-2010, 04:58 AM
I'd like to join, but apparently the spots have been filled. If there's a possibility of a spot opening up, I definitely want in if you'll have me.

ChemicalxRachel
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Okay soooo..I'm pulling out of the tournament myself. Mainly because I don't even know if I'll have the cash to get this game. I'm gunna say, lets wait until the game comes out, then discuss a possible tournament. =).

DeeJayMark
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Well, lets just postponed the tournament, i mean, i want that to happen, but since we have no idea what so ever when its gonna be released...

Buuuttt... we can still say there will be a tournament, without saying when, lets just take the entry of people who wants in, and then when the game comes out, then we'll figure out when and how it ll work...

Just an idea im pitching here...

ChemicalxRachel
10-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Well I don't want to have to keep changing the list for those who wish to drop out. We can say there will be a tournament, but we'll start another sign up sheet possibly.

hutzezon
10-13-2010, 08:58 AM
just start the sign in when the game comes out, then start the tournament a month after that.

RobbieTheKiller
10-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I will be in the tournament.

GT = RobbieTheKiller

Giptuc
10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Giptuc :D

/10chars

BloodGodAlucard
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
So are we officially back on for the tournament now that we have a solid release date?

linktriforce007
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
So are we officially back on for the tournament now that we have a solid release date?

Fullmetalx07 and I have came to a consensus that the answer is yes, but ChemicalxRachel is the real leader...

BloodGodAlucard
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Okay. Hopefully she'll be on some time next week and let us all know.

ChemicalxRachel
10-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Alright. I will host the tournament. I will start from here and give one month for everyone to sign up. The official end date to sign up is December 3rd, one month after the game is released on xbox live marketplace. I will delete everyone on the list and re-sign up. Either post here if you'd like to be apart of it, or shoot me some sort of message. I'll post again once the spots are all full, but until then I'll just make changes to the original first post.

And I added Purge All Filth as a contestant, since he posted before.

daz343
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
i would like to sign up please. GT: daz343

chickenbutt
11-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Sign me up. GT: Espada Tiburon

Dukefan45
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Sign me up again, please.

GT: Duke x360a

linktriforce007
11-01-2010, 06:48 AM
In case you forgot;

GT: Linktriforce007

ChemicalxRachel
11-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Psh I didn't forget. You're on the list, arnt you?

BloodGodAlucard
11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
I want to sign up again. GT: BloodGodAlucard

Remmetje
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Count me in again. GT: Remmetje

Gareth Dent
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm definatly in. GT - Gareth Dent

ChemicalxRachel
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Okay, from here on out the sign-up list will be updated once a day. I am a busy person and don't usually find the time to check a lot, so my friend linktriforce007 has kindly agreed to help me out. (Thanks link! =).) If you don't see your name on the list right away, then check back either at midnight (US-eastern time), or the next day and I'll usually have it updated by then.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation, and lets have a fun tourny!

DeeJayMark
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM
And of course, put my name out there

GT: Dee Jay Mark

RobbieTheKiller
11-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Count me in!

GT = RobbieTheKiller

Skoda
11-02-2010, 04:16 AM
I so up for this add me please gt is skoda1981 thanks

Any other entrants from the uk?

hutzezon
11-02-2010, 09:40 AM
i'm in

GT: Hutzezon

my friend is also going to get this game and he also wants in, his GT is

PatrickPo

KeiKurono666
11-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll join if theres still space but its been a long time since i played maybe 2-3 years back

Gamertag: KenjiHarima666

Phoenix BLK
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
just a question is there a prize for the winner or just bragging rights?

don't add me just yet, ill spend a while building my decks

Ironstorm001
11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Sign me up please. My Gamertag: x Ironstorm

And can you also sign up my buddy? His Gamertag is: darkleo001

Thanks! :)

McTavish
11-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm in for sure.

(Gamertag over there <-----)

tonythunder1
11-03-2010, 12:15 AM
i would like to sign up for this tournament.

Gamertag: TONYTHUNDER1

GYRgadget
11-03-2010, 12:33 AM
I would like to have a go at this

gt: gyrgadget

Shorty11857
11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Definitely add me back to the list, can't wait even though I'll probably be destroyed by you all

If anyone wants to duel send me a friend request

KFZ Scrubs
11-03-2010, 05:59 AM
just a question is there a prize for the winner or just bragging rights?

don't add me just yet, ill spend a while building my decks
Most likely since this isn't site sponsored, just for funsy.... but yea sign me up.
BTW, i heard you have to play for new cards... that sucks. If that's true, a rule should be no dlc cards.
GT: KFZ Nobody

Giptuc
11-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Giptuc

Cant wait :D

Ironstorm001
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
I changed my gamertag from "Ir0nst0rm001" to "x Ironstorm". Could you please change my name in the list?

Thanks! :)

Wanderermy
11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Sign me up again

GT: Wanderermy

Caranthir007
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I would like to join. GT: Caranthir007

Mikesahhh
11-04-2010, 05:55 AM
sign me up
gt; Mikesahhh

duelingk
11-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I will participate. I am glad there is a sizable length of time to farm out decks and test strategies.

GT: Duelingk

However, my only question is how come it will be a single duel per match? The 2 out of 3 format is to generally rule out bad luck (hands/draws) and to allow for side decking in case your opponents deck is a direct counter to your own (I.E. A chance to allow skill to overcome bad luck).

seller50
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
if there's still place u would like to sign up too

Gamertag <--- but just incase "Sander Dane"

also to the person above me, luck has always been a factor in yu-gi-oh games, so it's only normal that it factors in a match.

xDyNaMiCx
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
count me in again.

Gt= x SrK

SevenJesterHats
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Free Spot? Ill love to join :)

GT: SevenJesterHats

AgentSephiroth417
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
If there is still a free spot.

GT - Sephiroth in HD

GodOfNoodles
11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
If there's any space left sign me up
GT: God of Noodles

ChemicalxRachel
11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Alright! The slots are full.

Feel free to still sign up for the tournament, just in case a duelist drops out of the running (that is still possible.)

I'll keep a list of those who wish to play, and if someone drops out, I will send you a message either on x360a, or xbox live, whichever.

If you are not on the list of those participating, don't worry, there is a possibility you could be put on, depending on if the duelists on the list wish to give up any spots.

But any change in who is dueling MUST be done by December 3rd. If you are still registered and cannot duel, that is an automatic loss.

Happy Dueling!!

youngballar00
11-04-2010, 09:19 PM
youngballar00....(already signed up earlier, just making sure)

Pocrage
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
i'd like to be added to the side-list, gt pocrage

duelingk
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I would like to know why I was skipped over, when Sevenjesterhats and SRk signed up after me?

XtremeChaosKid
11-06-2010, 11:18 PM
sign me up in case some1 backs out.

GT : A C Myerz

Gohan Reborn
11-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Ummm... Why was my name taken off of the tournament?

sokmaster
11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Heh, I was taken off the list too. Oh well, I'll be ready to go for the next one for sure.

franbiz
11-08-2010, 05:11 AM
cool i'll join

ChemicalxRachel
11-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Ummm... Why was my name taken off of the tournament?

Please read my post above. SO many people dropped out of this tournament, about a month ago I decided to just delete the entire list and say we'll wait until it comes out because I wasn't even sure if I'd have the cash for it when the game actually made its appearance on the marketplace.

I'm sorry to those who missed out on the sign-up...but I announced all this a while ago and believed everyone was aware of it.

ChemicalxRachel
11-08-2010, 06:24 AM
I would like to know why I was skipped over, when Sevenjesterhats and SRk signed up after me?

Omg I'm so sorry...I, myself, have not actually looked at the sign-up list in a while, I've been entrusting someone else to do it. I've only been updating the main post with names of people to be signed up.

Sorry DuelingK and SanderDane, I have made the necessary changes to the list. Again, I'm sorry I did that, I totally didn't even realize it. Thank you DuelingK for bringing it to my attention.

Gohan Reborn
11-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Wasn't aware of it. I figured once I signed up, I was signed up, so I didn't feel the constant need to check the forum for the sign up page...seeing as I thought I was signed up since the beginning. -_-

ChemicalxRachel
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry. I put you on the side list, because we clearly talked about it and scrapped the sign-up list a while ago. Like 90% of that list had canceled even wanting to be in the duel and it was way too much to keep up with, especially when we still didn't have a release date for the game.

Spartan3179
11-09-2010, 01:27 AM
If any spots open up then Id like to give it a go :) Live gamertag is Spartan3179

Vwerdiir
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I'll sign up, GT: Vwerdiir

Gohan Reborn
11-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok. No problem. If needed, ill be ready to play come tourney time, I'm always playing yu-gi-oh nowadays lol.

ProtoEXE28
11-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Wow, had no idea you deleted the list or I would've reposted... next time PM people before you do that shit or at least make a new thread.

Remmetje
11-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I wanted to let you guys know that I'm withdrawing from the tournament. I don't have the time to grind for a proper deck and thus I wanted to let you know that I won't be playing in the tourney. Maybe next time I guess :D

ant1080
11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Sign me up.

SevenJesterHats
11-11-2010, 03:58 AM
I wanted to let you guys know that I'm withdrawing from the tournament. I don't have the time to grind for a proper deck and thus I wanted to let you know that I won't be playing in the tourney. Maybe next time I guess :D

Does this mean i can join?? am i 1st on the list? i was No. 32 but got pushed back.

:)

ChemicalxRachel
11-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow, had no idea you deleted the list or I would've reposted... next time PM people before you do that shit or at least make a new thread.

Again, I'm sorry if nobody saw that I deleted the list. But messaging 32 duelists would be way too much work when I had clearly stated that I was deleting the list when I have a million other things for my college courses to do. I'll be happy to put you on the backup list if you'd like. And, I was advised not to make a new thread so I wouldn't clog up the other threads.

Also, I got the withdraw, and next on the list is SevenJesterHats.

Ironstorm001
11-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi,

could you please change my gamertag? It's not "Ironstorm", it is "x Ironstorm"... I'm number 19...

Thanks! ;)

ChemicalxRachel
11-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi,

could you please change my gamertag? It's not "Ironstorm", it is "x Ironstorm"... I'm number 19...

Thanks! ;)

All done and changed on the list.

applepie774
11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Sounds fun, been waiting for something like this. Feel free to sign me up if any duelists drop out. Just in case, I would also prefer a message on Xbox Live. Thanks! GT: NillaWafer774

Ironstorm001
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
It's me once again. Could you please change my name? It's still not right! ;)

It is not "xIronstorm", it is exactly "x Ironstorm". It's very important because there is an "xIronstorm" on Xbox Live, but that's not me...

The 8lue Ace
11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll join if theres any spaces left.

The 8lue Ace

BloodGodAlucard
11-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let all of you know that I will not be able to compete in the tournament. I just have not been able to get a deck together that I feel comfortable enough to use in a tournament. Even one that is just for fun. So please feel free to give my slot to the next available player on the side list. Thanks for your time and sorry to have to drop out like this.

Wanderermy
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let all of you know that I will not be able to compete in the tournament. I just have not been able to get a deck together that I feel comfortable enough to use in a tournament. Even one that is just for fun. So please feel free to give my slot to the next available player on the side list. Thanks for your time and sorry to have to drop out like this.

Same here. This is the most frustrated YGO game that I've ever played, how the hell you win any dual at all? Your opponent always getting the right card at the right time that kill you.

xDyNaMiCx
11-28-2010, 12:34 AM
does that mean i'm in? cause my deck is looking sweet.

ChemicalxRachel
11-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Okay, so I've deleted a bunch of people and added people from the list. I, myself am dropping out because I am unable to gather cards, for lack of will, and family problems that have been going on. But, I will still over see the tournament.

There were a total of 4 people that dropped, and 4 added. Those added are:
Sephiroth in HD
God of Noodles
Pocrage
x SrK

This is being changed on the main list. And please do not send me messages saying "Check the thread." Its getting quite annoying, I know I need to check it, and I am trying to make an attempt to check the list at least once a week.

Happy Dueling.

tonythunder1
11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
i'm going to have to drop out of the tournament because i have been getting a lot of coursework from college within the last week and i think i'm only going to be getting more to deal with so i wont be able to have time to duel people in the tournament. so please give up my place in the tournament for someone else.