PDA

View Full Version : Russian Alliance

vithzeral
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Anyone know what dialog choices to get this achievement? The guide says "accept his offer" but he never offers me anything. After I wing him on the roof I end up offering him a deal; I let him live and he gives me the codes but no achievement.

TheBrodeo
06-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Anyone know what dialog choices to get this achievement? The guide says "accept his offer" but he never offers me anything. After I wing him on the roof I end up offering him a deal; I let him live and he gives me the codes but no achievement.

Russain alliance refers to Serge Surkov in Moscow. It is possible to entirely miss their achievement depending on how you handle the discussion with Brayko after his boss fight. If you execute Brayko, or are sarcastic to him (anything but the professional response) he will be unable to reveal the fact that Brayko had nothing to do with the weapon shipments. If you ARE professional with him after his fight, it will be revealed that that Surkov was in charge of everything.

When you do the mission "stop surkov from escaping" you'll run in to him and decide whether or not to kill him for lying, or strike an alliance. The latter nets you the achievement.

vithzeral
06-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Russain alliance refers to Serge Surkov in Moscow. It is possible to entirely miss their achievement depending on how you handle the discussion with Brayko after his boss fight. If you execute Brayko, or are sarcastic to him (anything but the professional response) he will be unable to reveal the fact that Brayko had nothing to do with the weapon shipments. If you ARE professional with him after his fight, it will be revealed that that Surkov was in charge of everything.

When you do the mission "stop surkov from escaping" you'll run in to him and decide whether or not to kill him for lying, or strike an alliance. The latter nets you the achievement.

Thats what I'm doing. I go to Surkov's office and he sets that giant on me whatever I do. After I waste the giant I go on the roof and in a cutscene I wing Surkov. I tried every dialog choice except Execute but no achievement. Was there something I missed before the giant?

TheBrodeo
06-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Thats what I'm doing. I go to Surkov's office and he sets that giant on me whatever I do. After I waste the giant I go on the roof and in a cutscene I wing Surkov. I tried every dialog choice except Execute but no achievement. Was there something I missed before the giant?

Just to make sure: this is after the brayko fight, correct?

It could be that he just doesn't like you enough. You should be professional when you speak to gregori and he'll say to Surkov that you were professional, so if you act the same when you first speak to him you'll get a view +1 likes out of the conversation. Whenever speaking to him always be professional and agree to strike his history with Halbech when he asks you to.

That's what I did and it worked, try that, or if you have already I'm not sure what's wrong.

Ferocious
06-07-2010, 06:16 AM
If you choose nothing but (B) aka Professional stances it should appear. You can make a deal with him without fighting Championchik however to execute him you need to beat Championchik and a few of his guards, then when you catch up with him you don't have to choose (B), you can get pissed, etc... because he's trying to make another deal with you so you don't want that.. so play out the dialogue however you want just don't agree to work out a deal with him nor send him to jail.... if you just choose (B) at that point you might send him to jail I'm not sure I didn't bother with that.. I got aggressive (Y) turned down his offer and then executed him when it prompted me that I could.

So if you are hitting nothing but (B) you might be agreeing to work something out or to send him to jail... pay attention to the convo and follow it accordingly. If you haven't figured it out by the time I'm back to that part in my next play-through, I'll tell you exactly how I did it step for step, so just make sure to bump this topic if you still need help in a day or so (might start a new play-through in a little bit but not sure how much I'll play over the next day or so).

vithzeral
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
OK, so you must let Brayko live to get this option then? The guide didn't mention that, in fact it sort of implies that it doesn't matter. Luckily I think I kept saves both ways.

Now I've done Rome that sort of makes sense as the two Maldburg achievements depend on the save Madison/Museum choice.