PDA

View Full Version : Glitch problem with Gamerscore

FrankMcClane
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
So checking off my Achievements on here I should have 800 points right now on Alan Wake with six chievos left. Well on XBOX I have those six left which equal up to 200 points but it is only reading that I have 760 points, so some where on my xbox profile I am missing 40 points and it also says that I only have 42 of the 50.

Is there away to resolve this? Is anyone else having this problem?

Hawaiian
06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah this has happened to several people playing Alan Wake (me too) but by deleting your profile and recovering your gamertag the problem will be solved.

Pixi
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm starting to feel lucky. I managed to score all 1k with no problems at all like these. I wonder what it is that makes crap like that happen. I had a similar problem with Magna Carta 2 a while back.

FrankMcClane
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
thanks. I thought that was what may of needed to be done but didn't want to screw with it til I was sure. Thanks again.

skribla
06-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah this has happened to several people playing Alan Wake (me too) but by deleting your profile and recovering your gamertag the problem will be solved.

How do we do this - is there a step-by-step way of doing this?

I have 600G showing in my main profile but once I click the game to view achievements in more detail, it then shows me up as having 630. I just dont want to delete my AW profile at the moment and end up having to start over on the game when I eventually come back to it

Hawaiian
06-08-2010, 04:54 AM
You don't have to delete your Alan Wake profile, you just have to delete your gamertag. How to recover your gamertag:

Recover Your Gamertag from Xbox LIVE

Whether you're migrating your original Xbox account to your new Xbox 360 console, refreshing your gamer profile, or you misplaced your Xbox 360 Memory Unit, Gamertag recovery provides a convenient way to get a fresh copy of your gamer profile so you'll be ready for more Xbox LIVE gaming.
Important

We do not recommend that you recover your Gamertag to a friend's console as a convenience when roaming—you could lose your saved games.
Instead, use an Xbox 360 Memory Unit to take your profile with you when you play on someone else's system.
To recover your Gamertag from Xbox LIVE:

Sign out from all of your profiles. The fastest way to do this is to press the Xbox Guide button, press X, and select Yes, sign out.
Select Recover Gamertag.
Follow the directions on the screen.Note

You can enter information using a USB keyboard plugged into a controller port, the Xbox 360 Chatpad (sold as part of the Xbox 360 Messenger Kit), or your Xbox 360 controller and the on-screen virtual keyboard.
When you're finished, your profile will be downloaded from Xbox LIVE to your console and you'll see your avatar in the Sign In area. You're good to go!Note

If you're a minor, you'll be asked to supply Windows Live ID credentials for your parent, who will need to be present to complete the procedure. Your parent will need his or her own Windows Live ID and a valid e-mail address.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/playxboxlive/accountroamingandrecovery/recoveryourgamertag.aspx

Your Alan Wake savegames and stats won't be deleted by doing this.

N3xus Gam3r
06-08-2010, 04:59 AM
so save games wont be deleted?

Hawaiian
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
No the savegames are saved seperately on your HDD and the statistics are saved with your gamertag on Xbox Live so it's impossible to delete them.

N3xus Gam3r
06-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Goog, because my game is also glitched with the score ;p

skribla
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the instructions - but is there anyway that we can do this on our own consoles? I recovered my gamertag on my brothers console before but it took ages to do, and then equally as long to migrate back to my own console

Hawaiian
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the instructions - but is there anyway that we can do this on our own consoles? I recovered my gamertag on my brothers console before but it took ages to do, and then equally as long to migrate back to my own console

Yes of course you can do this on your own console but you'll first have to delete your gamertag from your HDD/MU/USB in order to recover it.

Tim1601
06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
The quote w/ instructions on how to recover doesn't mention anything about deleting your gamertag...does that mean you don't have to or does it just go without saying?

My silly game is 20g behind reality.

Ali_P_84
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
You never have to delete your gamertag, all you need to do is sign out (Guide button then X), then when you go to the sign in blade again select "Recover Gamertag" and enter the information as requested.

It is quite slow if you have a large profile (i.e. lots of game data associated with it) but it does work perfectly.

I needed to do it three times during Alan Wake and every time it workded like a charm.

Quid Squid
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes of course you can do this on your own console but you'll first have to delete your gamertag from your HDD/MU/USB in order to recover it.

you don't have to delete your gamertag, just sign out.

Hawaiian
06-10-2010, 04:53 AM
you don't have to delete your gamertag, just sign out.

Yes that works, too, then your old gamertag is overwritten.