PDA

View Full Version : ECM Mod: Useful or Useless?

SithLord0498
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Let me just say that this isn't meant to be a b*tching and moaning thread.

As soon as I unlocked it, I equipped the ECM mod to evade shunts. It seemed to work fairly well at first, but lately it seems as though it's useless. I move when the lock-in occurs, but the shunts remain locked on to me--even when I move out of the way!

Is anyone else finding this mod to be of little use? Do you think the game is programmed to make it harder to avoid shunts even with the ECM at higher ranks (sorta like increasing difficulty)?

Fox Hound JD
06-08-2010, 12:48 AM

As soon as I unlocked it, I equipped the ECM mod to evade shunts. It seemed to work fairly well at first, but lately it seems as though it's useless. I move when the lock-in occurs, but the shunts remain locked on to me--even when I move out of the way!

Is anyone else finding this mod to be of little use? Do you think the game is programmed to make it harder to avoid shunts even with the ECM at higher ranks (sorta like increasing difficulty)?

I'm with ya, I got my level 50 finally and I gotta say that shunts and electric fields KILL this games multiplayer, it takes most of the skill and technique out of the game. Now winning depends on who starts out where at the beginning, and who just happens to hit you with a shunt. I got so excited when I unlocked the ECM because I thought it would make evading the shunts work like it did in the demo, but most of the time they either stay on you or hit the front of your car... Ruined the game for me...

Tounge73
06-09-2010, 07:53 PM

works fine for me , just get to one side of road when one is coming and swerve where it turns green

I am Gods wife
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
works fine for me , just get to one side of road when one is coming and swerve where it turns green

I`m with you no complaints here

red mist 85
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
I can't say I've really had any problems with it either. Just swerve when you hear the bleeps and it should work. The only time I occasionally have a problem is if I'm on a narrow stretch of road surrounded by other cars. There isn't really much room for maneuver then. It tends to end up hitting you because you haven't got anywhere to go.

JohnnyRogue24
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Yea, it works fine for me, but at first, it was hard because I didn't understand how to use it properly. Just give it some time and do what someone else said previously, "Stay on one side of the track and as it gets closer to you, turn to the other side of the track."

The Destroyernatorer
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
It worked fine for me too, but I don't use it anymore. I think I use the bribe one instead.