PDA

View Full Version : AMC's Series "The Walking Dead"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

xSeifer13x
06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
While I'm sure some of you who're into comics and horror know what "The Walking Dead" is, I'm sure others of you are not as familiar with the name.

[Riped from a portion of the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead) article due to laziness]
The Walking Dead is an American monthly black and white comic published by Image Comics beginning in 2003. The comic was created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Tony Moore and chronicles the travels of a group of people trying to survive in a world stricken by a zombie apocalypse.http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/978/96487-18166-106801-1-the-walking-dead_super.jpg

A television show was announced in August of last year and finally we are getting some behind the scenes shots of the upcoming AMC series. The series is scheduled for an October airing as filming was started last month.

The comic series is extremely good and without a doubt something worth reading if your into this sort of thing. Come Fall those Zombie lovers still out there may have something to look forward to each week other then a paycheck and bills.

MTV's First Look At 'The Walking Dead' TV Series! (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/06/02/first-look-at-the-walking-dead-tv-series/)
http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dead2.jpg

I looked a few pages back and didn't see anyone mention this on any of the boards I looked at and while I know this should have been posted on the Television boards, I didn't notice much activity there and wanted to get this to as many people as possible.

StolenPaper18
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
This sounds awesome. I'm not really into comics and have never heard of this before. I do love me some zombies. Thanks for the information!

Pyrochaos
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
AMC? Interesting.

But i might check it out. I always am weary of TV adaptations.

Iconoclast
06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
AMC? Interesting.

But i might check it out. I always am weary of TV adaptations.

QFT. I'm intrigued because it's classic. Yet this is one of those things that will almost certainly either be extremely good, or extremely terrible; I don't see much wiggle room in between or any grey area for it to be just so-so.

iBlessing 09
06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
If this is anything like Deadset (http://83.98.28.10/programmes/dead-set/4od) then I'm going to watch it.

xSeifer13x
06-08-2010, 06:47 PM
AMC? Interesting.
But I might check it out. I always am weary of TV adaptations.

QFT. I'm intrigued because it's classic. Yet this is one of those things that will almost certainly either be extremely good, or extremely terrible; I don't see much wiggle room in between or any grey area for it to be just so-so.

Honestly, I'm very optimistic this could be good. I mean look at the facts so far.

Frank Darabont (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001104/) [Writer, Director, Excecutive Producer]

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors [Writer]
The Blob [Writer]
The Fly II [Writer]
The Shawshank Redemption [Writer]
The Green Mile [Writer]
Saving Private Ryan & Minority Report [Doctored the scripts]

Frank is a Golden Globe nominated writer and director who recently wrote a script for Frankenstein in which Guillermo del Toro said he would "kill to direct" it.

Charles H. Eglee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251050/) [Writer & Producer]

L.A. Law [Writer & Producer]
The Byrds of Paradise [Writer & Producer]
NYPD Blue [Writer & Producer]
Murder One [Writer & Producer]
Dark Angel [Co-created, Writer & Producer]
The Shield [Writer & Producer]
Dexter [Writer & Producer]

Charles is an Emmy Award winner and whose been nominated for the Writers Guild Award and received the People's Choice Awards.

These are however just my observations and the cast and AMC will play a big part in how this show unravels, but with T.V. hits such as Breaking Bad and Mad Men I'm really giving them my faith on this one.

Pyrochaos
06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I love me a good zombie flick, so hopefully it turns out good. Not sure of the story in the comics, but is it good enough to merit an entire season? Let alone multiple if it does well?

Sambuca Queen
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
As a TV series it will work, movies maybe rushed due to the amount of comics released. Something to finally look forward to on TV!

TVthePunisher
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks to my wife's friend who is also a annoying pig, I got to enjoy this series as a comic book up until about...6-8 months ago? The last issue I read was (without spoilers) involving a group called the Hunters I believe, it was just closing on that arc and that was the last issue I read.

But let me introduce to the series to people unfamiliar with it.

Rule one of reading (and now watching) The Walking Dead: Expect Anything. This means your attachment to a character may very well be shattered, anyone is up for garbles by the zombies (or other means)...and there is a HUGE cast of characters.

Rule two of The Walking Dead: have an open mind. There's a lot of things that happen in this series that would otherwise be considered wrong in many socieities, whether it is the gore, sexual relations or otherwise...if you keep an open mind you will enjoy this. If you don't, you'll slander it and walk away faster than a zombie.

Rule three: The Prison Arc signifies A LOT of story development. Be prepared for it, I'm not sure if this is going to faithfully follow the comic's storyline but there is a lot of laughs, tears, gore, carnage and so on passed this lengthy portion of the series. And there is a few jaw dropping moments in the comic to say the least...one that may stick with your mind for all time.

I remember reading about this back in the issues for the series and Kirkman said how excited he was about it. Let's hope they don't screw it up terribly...because this series is a lot about gore and violence and sex and everything.

xSeifer13x
06-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks to my wife's friend who is also a annoying pig, I got to enjoy this series as a comic book up until about...6-8 months ago? The last issue I read was (without spoilers) involving a group called the Hunters I believe, it was just closing on that arc and that was the last issue I read.

But let me introduce to the series to people unfamiliar with it.

Rule one of reading (and now watching) The Walking Dead: Expect Anything. This means your attachment to a character may very well be shattered, anyone is up for garbles by the zombies (or other means)...and there is a HUGE cast of characters.

Rule two of The Walking Dead: have an open mind. There's a lot of things that happen in this series that would otherwise be considered wrong in many socieities, whether it is the gore, sexual relations or otherwise...if you keep an open mind you will enjoy this. If you don't, you'll slander it and walk away faster than a zombie.

Rule three: The Prison Arc signifies A LOT of story development. Be prepared for it, I'm not sure if this is going to faithfully follow the comic's storyline but there is a lot of laughs, tears, gore, carnage and so on passed this lengthy portion of the series. And there is a few jaw dropping moments in the comic to say the least...one that may stick with your mind for all time.

I remember reading about this back in the issues for the series and Kirkman said how excited he was about it. Let's hope they don't screw it up terribly...because this series is a lot about gore and violence and sex and everything.

I couldn't have said it better myself. My only dislike about this coming to public television is a lot of the gore, violence, and sex will be toned down. Aside from that I cannot wait.

I also want to touch on the Zombies in the series. The Zombie source from as far as I know is unknown, but works something like this. Everyone has the virus in them, so when you die your almost 100% guaranteed to come back as a brain-eater. If bitten your only choice is to either chop off infected area or if possible cut away that section of your body and clean it throughly as you will eventually die from the virus if not treated.

The "prison arc" is one of the best parts of the series and introduces one of my favorite charter's in the series, Michonne. The young women who you see in the cover I posted above is straight up in my opinion bad-ass.

HarperBird
06-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Having also been introduced to this by a friend I am currently reading Volume 6 and i think that this comic just keeps getting better and better!!

I heard a while ago that this was being made into a TV show so hopefully the TV show will stick faithfully to the storyline in the comic! I'm pretty sure the TV show will be do that and it will be just as good as the comic! With the director and the writer being fairly well known I think it will be hard to screw it up entirely and this comic seems to made for a TV show as i can see how they would split it up into seasons.

I'm currently watching AMC 'Breaking Bad' and I think it is one of the best shows out there at the moment and thats full of sex, violence and gore so i think AMC will do justice with this comic!

Theres a couple of scenes i would love to see made and if anyone has read Volume 6 they will know what I'm talking about when I say that 'The Governer' gets what he deserved!

When is this due out anyone know of a release date i think it's October but not too sure!

xSeifer13x
06-09-2010, 03:14 AM
Having also been introduced to this by a friend I am currently reading Volume 6 and i think that this comic just keeps getting better and better!!

I heard a while ago that this was being made into a TV show so hopefully the TV show will stick faithfully to the storyline in the comic! I'm pretty sure the TV show will be do that and it will be just as good as the comic! With the director and the writer being fairly well known I think it will be hard to screw it up entirely and this comic seems to made for a TV show as i can see how they would split it up into seasons.

I'm currently watching AMC 'Breaking Bad' and I think it is one of the best shows out there at the moment and thats full of sex, violence and gore so i think AMC will do justice with this comic!

Theres a couple of scenes i would love to see made and if anyone has read Volume 6 they will know what I'm talking about when I say that 'The Governor' gets what he deserved!

When is this due out anyone know of a release date i think it's October but not too sure!

Yeah from what I understand the filming started last month and their aiming for an October release. I hope it's not on Thursday's and not to late that I run the risk of falling asleep. Then again there is DVR, but I'd rather watch it that night instead of hearing about it from friends or in the news.

As far as your comment about the 'The Governor', all I'm going to say is this moment reminded me a lot of what Bub does at the end of Dawn of the Dead if you catch my drift.

TVthePunisher
06-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Yes, let's not forget the Governor. Now there's two parts that come to mind, the one involving Mihonne and then the one that occurs right after the huge shocker moment that you didn't see coming...(and to this day, I don't know the truth on a certain subject....maybe it's been released since then in a Kirkman interview, but you'll just have to get into the series to know what I mean...)

I'm going to tell you guys one thing though, to the newcomers...Rick is probably one of the most character developed people I have ever seen in a series. He starts off as a guy who hasn't the slightest clue what is going on, he wants to find his family...and he starts adapting to every change, while retaining (and even rejecting!) the leadership that people have faith in him for. And then more recently, after the Prison Arc...how he's become something so...so I can't talk about it here!

http://www.hiddenrobot.com/WALKINGDEAD/

Lots of stuff for the series!

xSeifer13x
06-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Rick Grimes as played by Andrew Lincoln.

http://www.ifanboy.com/files/images/image/Rick%20Grimes_Andrew%20Lincoln.jpg

Lori Grimes as played by Sarah Wayne Callies.

http://tvquotes.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah.jpg

Shane Walsh as played by Jon Bernthal.

http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/gallery/0310_entertainment/Jon-Bernthal-walking-dead.jpg

Andrea as played by Laurie Holden.

http://www.ep-blaster.dk/EP-BLASTER/wv%20ep-Pictures%20actor/l%20actors%20aa/Laurie%20Holden%2000002.jpg

Glenn as played by Steven Yeun.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/may10/wdg.jpg

Teh BeZ
06-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I seen this last night on Tv.com. Im not a betting man, but I'll put money on this being AWESOME!!

Iconoclast
06-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Lori Grimes as played by Sarah Wayne Callies.

http://tvquotes.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah.jpg

Nice! I haven't seen her in anything since Prison Break...she was one of my favourite characters in the show. Shame that series when completely bogus after the second season :/

Teh BeZ
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Nice! I haven't seen her in anything since Prison Break...she was one of my favourite characters in the show. Shame that series when completely bogus after the second season :/

Agreed lol, I was talking to Nozza about Prison Break, and we agreed if it had stopped there it would have been one of the best TV shows in history. Sadly the spoiled it :(

xSeifer13x
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM

I really enjoyed the first season as much as everyone else. I didn't need a second season, but it almost made sense and was fun seeing the cast hunted down and killed. Everything after that I didn't care for or need.

HarperBird
06-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Man this is so gunna be epic and the cast looks pretty gd but I'm not sure on the guy playing Rick, cause he's an english actor playing an american cop! why didn't they get an American actor! Also it sucks to be Shane :p

rvlution
06-10-2010, 02:51 AM
I've been waiting for a while for this. Haven't read the comics so I can't be too disappointed. Interested to see how a zombie TV show goes!

hannar__x
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm currently halfway through the compendium (so, about Volume 4) and I am throughly enjoying it.

I think the tv show should have been filmed in b+w, in keeping with the tone of the comic. But does b+w have any room in entertainment anymore?

SynysterChris
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
I love the series made a post about this a while back, about the T.V adaptation. If they stick close to the script and keep things they way they are suppose to happen then his could easily be one of the best shows ever.

I don't like the guy who is playing Rick he doesn't look like him. And I'm not sure if he can play the part, though I have not seen anything he has been in, so only time will tell if he can do it.
Though I would have perfered either Peter Krause from Six Feet Under, though he is doing Parenthood hood. Or Kennith Mitchell from Jericho, they both look like Rick and can act so I think they would be a good choice.
Kennith Mitchell
http://web.buddytv.com/articles/Image/Jericho-Characters/Kenneth-Mitchell-as-Eric-Green.jpg

Peter Krause
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/4/2/3/23923240-23923241-medium.jpg

hannar__x
06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't like the guy who is playing Rick he doesn't look like him. And I'm not sure if he can play the part, though I have not seen anything he has been in, so only time will tell if he can do it.

I agree, he looks nothing like him, he's British as well. But Kirkman and Darabont both want him. So I'll trust that they know what they're doing!

I think Josh Holloway would have been perfect as not only does he fit the bill physically, but he grew up in the same county that the story begins in.

SynysterChris
06-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I agree, he looks nothing like him, he's British as well. But Kirkman and Darabont both want him. So I'll trust that they know what they're doing!

I think Josh Holloway would have been perfect as not only does he fit the bill physically, but he grew up in the same county that the story begins in.

Naw i don't like him he looks to Matthew Mcconaughey, which is not a good thing for Rick. His character is a full of hope and optimism then becomes a gritty realist that does whatever it takes for him and his family to survive. He is also a very complex character, and who needs someone with some good acting chops.

So I'm not sure if he can act or not because I have not seen anything he has been in, so I can't judge his acting skills yet.

SynysterChris
06-29-2010, 02:49 PM
So I hear they already started production. So it should be out sometime in October.

Atrum Kardia
07-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Never heard of this before, but i definetley want to watch the show now. It looks pretty sick, i hope they make it somewhat gory though.

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-26-2010, 03:40 AM
I love the series made a post about this a while back, about the T.V adaptation. If they stick close to the script and keep things they way they are suppose to happen then his could easily be one of the best shows ever.

Though I would have perfered either Peter Krause from Six Feet Under, though he is doing Parenthood hood. Or Kennith Mitchell from Jericho, they both look like Rick and can act so I think they would be a good choice.
Kennith Mitchell
http://web.buddytv.com/articles/Image/Jericho-Characters/Kenneth-Mitchell-as-Eric-Green.jpg

Peter Krause
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/4/2/3/23923240-23923241-medium.jpg

I didn't like that either. I was hoping for a new face. But, the rest of the casting looks pretty good. I liked Callies in Prison Break. Wish Kirkman was writing and directing every single episode though.

Sevvy B Goode
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
As a massive Kirkman fanboy i am chomping at the bit for this...

The Walking Dead is my favourite Comic book barring Invincible and probably the most suitable work of Kirkmans for a TV translation.

As some of the other posters have mentioned im not too sure about the choice for Rick. That blole was Egg in This Life and the main character in a show called Teachers.

Im also positive that this is going to be censored in some way. The Governor / Michonne stuff as well as the actions of some of the characters at the Prison...

And then theres issue 48...

Touch wood though it should still kick arse...

BemusedBox
07-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Not heard about this before but it looks good will try and pick up some of comics first and look forward to the show.

SynysterChris
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
So I saw the teaser trailer for the show today Via a Comic-Con taping and I must say the guy looks nothing like Rick. Though I will just have to be optimistic that at least he does justice to Rick as a character, and that Kirkman likes him and thinks he is a good choice, at least from what I hear him say.

The rest of the choice are good, except Andrea she is way too old looking for her. But other than that, I think the rest are ok. Lori looks nothing like her but I like that chick from Prision Break. SO it's k.

Here is the trailer, thought I would post it.
YouTube- Walking Dead Trailer - Comic Con 2010

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 03:00 AM
might have to check out the graphic novels before it comes out

SynysterChris
07-30-2010, 06:44 AM
might have to check out the graphic novels before it comes out

You really should check out the comic, its seriously top 3 of the best things I have ever read.

jtkauff
07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
You really should check out the comic, its seriously top 3 of the best things I have ever read.

Agreed, the comic is amazing. The compendium (issues 1-48) is a perfect place to start and is well-worth the money.

This is definitely my most-wanted show of the year.

nix19
08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I was just reading about this in Entertainment Weekly cant wait for it to premiere.

SynysterChris
08-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Little less than one month to go, I'm so excited.

HarperBird
08-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Little less than one month to go, I'm so excited.

Thought it came out in October?

Either way this is gunna be one kick ass show i love the comics!!

SynysterChris
08-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Thought it came out in October?

Either way this is gunna be one kick ass show i love the comics!!

LOL, I feel stupid, I guess I got so excited that I just skipped September.

TexTripleXXX
08-11-2010, 04:40 AM
never heard of this show before, i'll definitely check it out

HarperBird
10-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Just to let everyone know if you didn't already know the pilot episode has been leaked and is available to watch online!

Just finished watching it and i think AMC have got another masterpiece on there hands cause this was bloody amazing!!

Also does justice to the comic imo...

SynysterChris
10-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Just to let everyone know if you didn't already know the pilot episode has been leaked and is available to watch online!

Just finished watching it and i think AMC have got another masterpiece on there hands cause this was bloody amazing!!

Also does justice to the comic imo...

Ya I was going to tell everybody that as well. Though after watching it, I like it but hate it at the same time. Really the only reason I hate it is because of Rick, he just doesn't feel like Rick to me, in they way he does things are against Rick's comic counterpart. And to me Rick is the selling point of the show because its about him.

Though some of the changes were not really that drastic to change the plot but I didn't really care for them. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say, and also because I don't know how to use the spoiler tags so if anyone knows how to set that up, would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it. Thanks

Also if anyone wants to know where to get the pilot episode, PM and I will give you the site to download the torrent.

XxBlueSpade2xX
10-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I can't wait. I love the comics and have every issue. I've been a fan since the beginning and always thought they should make this a series. They did a great job casting as well IMHO.

MADasaHatter
10-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Saw the preview at Comic Con. Can't wait for this series to really kick in.

TVthePunisher
10-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Just saw a commercial for it, starting October 31st (sunday night) on AMC! Well...I caught the end, because my wife was trying to remember the name while I was doing dishes.

Jsraiders
10-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I've been reading about it on IGN and can't wait to see it. Already have it set to record on my tivo.

rvlution
10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm so ready for this! I've been waiting for forever and there's only a week left!

KFZ Scrubs
10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Love zombies.... saw the trailer and preview for it.... and i'm so excited. When's it coming out... i've been so busy i don't even know.

HarperBird
10-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Love zombies.... saw the trailer and preview for it.... and i'm so excited. When's it coming out... i've been so busy i don't even know.

It's out on the 31st Oct. in the US but a leaked version is available now if you know where look ;)!!

Having watching the pilot already I am so hyped for this show is gunna be one of the best around...

TVthePunisher
10-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Time to whip out my Demonoi- er, source out and view me this episode =D *coughs at all his Dexter episodes* ;>__>

xxJUSTINxx
10-26-2010, 06:55 AM
http://tv.spreadit.org/pics/The-Walking-Dead.jpg
http://imgur.com/lfh4w.jpg

Anyone else excited for 'The Walking Dead (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/)' like I am? I can't wait till it airs, which is Halloween 10/9c. It reminds me a little like a mix of '28 Days Later (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/)' with a bit of Left 4 Dead thrown in. But it's based off of a comic book (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead) series which is kinda cool. Hope it lives up to all the zombieness.

tehapoc
10-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Not to be a troll or anything, but there's already a thread for this half-way down the page.

And I think it'll be interesting to see whether or not the show uses the new idea of fast moving zombies versus the traditional slow moving zombie.

SynysterChris
10-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Not to be a troll or anything, but there's already a thread for this half-way down the page.

And I think it'll be interesting to see whether or not the show uses the new idea of fast moving zombies versus the traditional slow moving zombie.

Not to give into another thread about this, But they use Slow traditional zombies in the show, at least in the pilot.

Ya I created a thread on this the first day the show got picked up for a series then another popped up, later. But ya that's how these things go. :)

Joey Leen
10-30-2010, 06:43 AM
AMC is on a roll with all of their original series. I can't wait to see this tomorrow.

JAW LV
11-01-2010, 09:30 PM
First episode was really good- won't go into detail to avoid spoilers but will say the special effects were great, actors are good and the show itself is pretty damn graphic :uzi:

I am definately going to watch the entire show going forward :woop:

KFZ Scrubs
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Freaking amazing... now i have a fourth show to watch!
Tis s great, series looks amazing to me and i agree with the special affects... just freaking jaw dropping IMO.
I mean, not like big screen movie.. but really good for a t.v show.

H0p3sfalL
11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
missed it last nite b/c of the NYC holloween parade ....... was it any good ?

MADasaHatter
11-02-2010, 12:40 AM
missed it last nite b/c of the NYC holloween parade ....... was it any good ?

Ha. I was down there too. But I made sure someone recorded it for me and I must say, really great quality stuff. High production costs show and the zombie makeup is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats to AMC for not pulling any punches either. Violent, good acting and great backdrops.

This first "season" is going to be 6 episodes, so everyone should take it in while it's here.

rvlution
11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
It's pretty legit. Movie quality. Way above the latest Romero films if that means anything.

tehapoc
11-02-2010, 03:24 AM
It's pretty legit. Movie quality. Way above the latest Romero films if that means anything.

I wouldn't go that far, but it was definitely well made.

rvlution
11-02-2010, 03:51 AM
I wouldn't go that far, but it was definitely well made.

Well obviously it doesn't top the original Dawn of the Dead but I thought it well surpassed Land and Survival of the Dead.

darthroker29
11-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I saw it not knowing it was a graphic novel, and i thought it was amazing! i cant wait to see more. Definitely better than any other AMC show...

exo-apollo
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Alright I'm going to go watch it now!

Ryan2099
11-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I called it from the very first scene that Rick's wife was cheating on him with Rick's partner. Just had a feeling about him.

Also, I found the link below on cracked.com about why a zombie invasion could never happened. Interesting read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

rvlution
11-02-2010, 04:45 PM
I called it from the very first scene that Rick's wife was cheating on him with Rick's partner. Just had a feeling about him.

Also, I found the link below on cracked.com about why a zombie invasion could never happened. Interesting read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Well, considering it's based on a comic, a lot of people "called" that they were cheating lol. And in Lori's defense, they all thought Rick was dead. She did recover awful quick though.

SynysterChris
11-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I just didn't like that they made Rick's character weaker than he should have been. Really that's my only gripe, with the show.
And kind of how the zombie's remember how to open doors and walk up stairs, and stuff I really hope nothing comes out of that later on in the TV series.

Though all in all I really enjoyed the show, I can't wait to see Glen as he is one of my favorites in the comic.

H0p3sfalL
11-04-2010, 01:47 AM
]Ha. I was down there too. But I made sure someone recorded it for me and I must say, really great quality stuff. High production costs show and the zombie makeup is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats to AMC for not pulling any punches either. Violent, good acting and great backdrops.

This first "season" is going to be 6 episodes, so everyone should take it in while it's here.[/QUOTE]

good stuff. Will now have something new to watch since Madmen and Rubicon are over :)

TVthePunisher
11-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Amazing, I decided to catch it on TV legitly and well..I am happy I watched it as a premiere. Though I do not like how my TV couldn't stand the cricket/bug noises, like seriously...there are two major points during that episode where my Vizio makes a "scratching" noise for like 5 minutes while the bugs chirp (whenever Rick first exits the hospital and later on when he finds the horse).

They don't pull many punches and that's what I like. No cutways when a zombie is shot in the head, no cutaways when a little girl zombie was shot in the chest....it's there, it's graphic and it looks amazing (much better than any kind of Sci-Fi shit...oh I'm sorry, SYFY...gay). The zombie makeup is incredible and well......the cast...

RICK'S ACTOR IS AMAZING! I didn't know what to think going into it since he looked barely anything like Rick (Chuck Norris looks more like Rick than this guy) but my god does he pull off the roll well. I can't wait to see him during the Prison Arc...and god do I hope they have special effects because well...

After Rick has his hand taken off, that is going to be hard to just pass off digitally...unless they change the story for it.

I think Shane is pretty good but...he's a second main character? Or is it just for this season...because if anyone knows the story, that doesn't add up quite right....and while I like who is playing Lori's actor, they probably could have gotten someone more attractive (especially since Lori as a comic book character had that typical attractiveness you'd find in a lady...and while her actress is an amazing woman and all...she looks like a Warhead candy-guy).

Can't wait for more, that's for damn sure.

Edit: It appears they're adding a new character, some blondehaired younger guy that Rick tells not to kill the living...it's seen during the previews for the season. Also, is it me or is that Abraham that Rick is talking to (the guy leaning against some rubble or a vehicle)?

thereefernander
11-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I never had actual confirmation on my suspicion until now. This IS based on a comic book, one that I read few months back (First issue only) and found pretty interesting. The fact that the main character was a cop and the scenes looked sort of familiar gave me a hunch. Pretty cool.

Gorjira
11-06-2010, 02:49 AM
It's coming up for 3am here in Scotland and I just finished watching the pilot episode with my dog.

Is anyone out there?

Ever since coming online none of my contacts are online on MSN or Facebook! Am I the last one alive?

I hate zombie stuff, but TV was crap tonight so I thought I'd watch this. Usually I shit myself and turn it off after the first frame of a zombified face, but I thought I'd watch this one till the end. Now I find myself wanting more... Which is a damn bitch!

SeraphBJD88
11-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Absolutely loved the first episode. WANT MORE!

rvlution
11-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Episode 2 was even better than the first. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm glad it's taking a little different path than the books.

TVthePunisher
11-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Very nice episode, the additional characters are interesting. Hey guys, T-man or whatever (the black guy) isn't Tyrese is he? I mean..Tyrese was badass, large and a football giant...this guy's your average drinking buddy and got his ass kicked big time by Dixon (btw, like the new characters they're adding). Not to mention he's kind of a pussy (when he was running, he kept saying "DON'T LEAVE ME, OH GOD DON'T LEAVE ME"...).

Rick's playing out very nicely, god he's perfect. The whole Laurie-Shane thing that's going on is very kinky...I think Dale's alright and Glenn was AMAZING.

X monkfish69 X
11-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Very nice episode, the additional characters are interesting. Hey guys, T-man or whatever (the black guy) isn't Tyrese is he? I mean..Tyrese was badass, large and a football giant...this guy's your average drinking buddy and got his ass kicked big time by Dixon (btw, like the new characters they're adding). Not to mention he's kind of a pussy (when he was running, he kept saying "DON'T LEAVE ME, OH GOD DON'T LEAVE ME"...).

Rick's playing out very nicely, god he's perfect. The whole Laurie-Shane thing that's going on is very kinky...I think Dale's alright and Glenn was AMAZING.

The black guy from the first episode is not Tyrese. In the comics, roughly issue 65+ Rick wants to go back to his house and find this guy and his son. I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name though and I only read the issue on Saturday morning !

It's gonna bug me all day now until I get home :(

Can't wait for the 2nd episode. When are the episodes aired in America ?

MelangeAddict
11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
They are aired on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Genesis x360a
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
The 1st Epidsode was awesome! They kept very close to the comics but also strayed a little by going more into depth with Morgans (The Black guy) story, Also the part in the police station was at night and Morgan was given a police car by Rick. Also the part where Shane and Lori kissed, there relationship isnt/wasn't like that in the comics. Cant wait for to watch Episode 2 t later :) I highly sugest anybody who has watched the 1st and enoyed it the go out and by the 1st couple of Graphic novels.

KILLING5PR33
11-08-2010, 06:50 PM
always been a zombie enthusiast. Love the show.

KILLING5PR33
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Not to give into another thread about this, But they use Slow traditional zombies in the show, at least in the pilot.

Ya I created a thread on this the first day the show got picked up for a series then another popped up, later. But ya that's how these things go. :) slow zombies when there walkign around but there pretty fast when your running away from them,,,

GrindPantera95
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm loving this show, looking to get the comic books, very rarely do I see even feature zombies, let a lone be well made. The character interactions are great and, from what I hear, the changes from the comic book are so far only adding to it. Can't wait for the third episode!

hodge
11-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm not a huge zombie movie fan, but decided to give Walking Dead a go, mainly because it was getting great reviews from the US. And I must say, I'm so glad I did! The first episode was awesome and I now can't wait for the rest!

rvlution
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I love the series so far. I like how they're mixing things up by not going exactly by the comics.

SynysterChris
11-09-2010, 03:53 AM
slow zombies when there walkign around but there pretty fast when your running away from them,,,

No sorry but the Zombies in The Walking Dead comic were slow, they just kind of sneak up on you and certainly don't run. Most people got bitten because a zombie was hiding or they turned a corner and was to late to avoid. They never ran, only walked slowly.

This to me is shaping up to become what Heroes, turned out to become in my opinion. I really don't understand how they could mess up little things they are there in the pages of the comic seriously just keep the source material the same.
Walking dead zombies don't use weapons like rocks to smash windows that really pissed me off, also one of them started to climb the fire escape ladder. WTF.

Really I'm one of those where they shouldn't mess with anything when doing a adaptation of a show, based off something either do it exactly like the comic or do something in the same universe where the same rules apply but don't use the sources characters.

Don't get me wrong the show is good, but it just kind of grinds my gears. That they do stuff like they are doing. Rick only started to be like Rick during the end of episode 2, with the whole making a diversion to lead the zombies away from the group. Really though Rick getting owned by that Red Neck guy was BS, Rick would have go all Terminator on him. :uzi:
Still I'm looking forward to the next episode though.

StolenPaper18
11-09-2010, 04:06 AM
This show is starting off great. Really looking forward to the rest of the season.

The below is kind of a spoiler (just going to put it in spoiler tags, just to be safe :p )...so if you haven't seen the first and second episode, might not want to look.

Cant wait to see how it plays out when Rick gets back to the camp and finds his wife and kid. And when he figures out what is going on between his wife and friend.

TVthePunisher
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM
The black guy from the first episode is not Tyrese. In the comics, roughly issue 65+ Rick wants to go back to his house and find this guy and his son. I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name though and I only read the issue on Saturday morning !

That's not who I was talking about. I know who he is and that he returns later on, I was referring to the black guy that Dixon (white trash biker guy that is currently stuck on the roof) beat up in episode 2 (two, dos...zweize...). ;>_> I was saying that I hope THIS guy isn't Tyrese, because Tyrese is a badass that would whoop this guy's ass no problem (and Dixon would have been zombie food long ago).

Volzagia
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I've been looking forward to this because of my love for the comic but i have no idea when it will be out in the UK :(

rvlution
11-09-2010, 10:59 PM

On Sundays and the black guy you're thinking of is Morgan and his son Duane.

JAW LV
11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
***spoilers***

Loved this past weeks episode!! My favorite scene has to be where they chop up the zombie and use his guts & blood for disguise... didn't think they could be that graphic on AMC!!! I also had a feeling about Rick's wife cheating on him with his partner- the partner, I forget his name, seems like a real douche :mad: I hope he gets zombie raped within the next few episodes!!

Shinobi273
11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Walking dead zombies don't use weapons like rocks to smash windows that really pissed me off, also one of them started to climb the fire escape ladder.

They can use door knobs... okay the rocks were really random. Try finding a good 15lb rock in a city. The buildings seemed okay so I don't know where he even picked that up from.

I'm also wondering why the nurse from episode 1 wasn't undead. Her head looked intact. From IMDB, it sounds like all dead people rise, regardless of how they die as long as the brain is functional. Also from episode 1, zombies are still functional even when halved.

I'm liking the series so far, but I need to stop watching it before I go to bed.

rvlution
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm liking the series so far, but I need to stop watching it before I go to bed.

In this past episode I was really worried about that one guy and whether or not he was gonna escape to the truck in time. Most nerve wracking scene in anything that I've seen in a while.

SynysterChris
11-12-2010, 12:54 AM
They can use door knobs... okay the rocks were really random. Try finding a good 15lb rock in a city. The buildings seemed okay so I don't know where he even picked that up from.

I'm also wondering why the nurse from episode 1 wasn't undead. Her head looked intact. From IMDB, it sounds like all dead people rise, regardless of how they die as long as the brain is functional. Also from episode 1, zombies are still functional even when halved.

No in the comic they can't do any of that kind of stuff. Well at least in any panels, they are purely instinctual and have no reasoning ability or though process enough to pick up a rock, or climb stairs, ladders, open doors ect...
That's what I'm saying I think they will ruin the series because they will end up like dawn of the dead/Land of the dead series zombies where they actually become smart.

Yes I'm sure that nurse in the Hospital was a zombie but she didn't notice Rick because he didn't make enough noise to be noticed, so she didn't try and turn to him. Because in the comic if they didn't make noise they didn't notice them some times, especially the stalker ones. ( Zombies that don't move wait for people to come to them) Though I think the more fresh ones would smell you, or just the roamers.

TVthePunisher
11-20-2010, 01:55 AM
No in the comic they can't do any of that kind of stuff. Well at least in any panels, they are purely instinctual and have no reasoning ability or though process enough to pick up a rock, or climb stairs, ladders, open doors ect...
That's what I'm saying I think they will ruin the series because they will end up like dawn of the dead/Land of the dead series zombies where they actually become smart.

Yes I'm sure that nurse in the Hospital was a zombie but she didn't notice Rick because he didn't make enough noise to be noticed, so she didn't try and turn to him. Because in the comic if they didn't make noise they didn't notice them some times, especially the stalker ones. ( Zombies that don't move wait for people to come to them) Though I think the more fresh ones would smell you, or just the roamers.

I agree with you, generally the zombies in the comics are mindless and incapable of learning...which became a problem as of late with the "of the Dead" series. While it was common to have zombies actually climb stairs, they really overdid it with Land of the Dead. I don't know how I feel about the turning of doorknobs/using weapons/etc...I mean if a zombie just so happens to be holding a weapon because they picked it up, I imagine they'd swing it (but not out of their own intelligence or instinct).

They'll probably pull more stuff like what they did with Morgan's dead wife...where the zombie was "remembering" where she once lived and even noticed Morgan, yet continued on her way as if it was an emotion still fueled inside her that prevented her from doing anything else. It's also doubtful that an actual zombie would have noticed someone looking at them through a peephole...hell, it's hard enough to look through a peephole on the other side if you're a human!

roflkatz
11-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know where I can read the books online for free :P

TVthePunisher
11-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know where I can read the books online for free :P

I'd fully recommend buying the individual volumes, they aren't that expensive (at most maybe...14 dollars?). The volumes consist of maybe...5 issues, while the compilations consist of much more (there's one that consists of Volumes 1 through 9 I believe, it's 59.99 and huge as all out hell). You get a thrill out of buying something you really want to read...making you want to save up to get more ^_^ Also the fact that each of the covers when placed next to the following volume creates an ongoing picture, is pretty awesome as well.

So basically, here's how you can buy The Walking Dead:

Issues (20 something pages, plus behind the scenes words from the writer Kirkman)

All comic book issues are basically like what you'd find at a comic book store..they're thin and made of paper, put together by staples or something. Usually found in a comic book sleeve for protection

Volumes (6 issues put together, 100 something pages)

Built with a harder cover than the paper within (except not technically a HARD cover book). These are the most common ones you'll find...apparently they go from Volumes 1 through 13 at the moment.

Books (12 issues/2 books put together, 200 to 300 pages)

Made as Hardcover books, they display the comicbook pages inside and so far I believe there are maybe 6?

Omnibus (24 issues/4 volumes/2 books put together, with a variety of bonuses)

A hardcover book released in Deluxe and other editions, featuring signatures and all sorts of Goodies.

Compendium (48 issues/8 volumes/4 books/2 Omnibus put together...1088 pages)

A large (somewhat heavy) book consisting of a lot of the story, it's ginormous. Reading it is like reading a bible...so be careful of the binding there.

However, if you really want to read them for free, I guess that information is open but I can't say it here. I think you may be able to find them legally scanned to Youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/user/walkingdeadcomic (http://www.youtube.com/user/walkingdeadcomic)

He has 5 issues down so far.

GUYS, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!

YouTube - The Walking Dead AMC's - Animated Comic

Animated version of Days Gone By (comic), it's f'n awesome!

MADasaHatter
11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree with you, generally the zombies in the comics are mindless and incapable of learning...which became a problem as of late with the "of the Dead" series. While it was common to have zombies actually climb stairs, they really overdid it with Land of the Dead. I don't know how I feel about the turning of doorknobs/using weapons/etc...I mean if a zombie just so happens to be holding a weapon because they picked it up, I imagine they'd swing it (but not out of their own intelligence or instinct).

They'll probably pull more stuff like what they did with Morgan's dead wife...where the zombie was "remembering" where she once lived and even noticed Morgan, yet continued on her way as if it was an emotion still fueled inside her that prevented her from doing anything else. It's also doubtful that an actual zombie would have noticed someone looking at them through a peephole...hell, it's hard enough to look through a peephole on the other side if you're a human!

That's the way I like my zombies though. Fine- shambling creatures who have reverted back to animal instinct of consumption and nothing moreis a fine zombie trait. But the zombie trend has changed since the first vision of them.

1. Curse zombies- zombies made by black magic or just evil. Just watch some of the ol' black and white movies and you'll see how they hold very little scare factor now. Also Night of the Living Dead.

2. Radiation zombies- when nuclear fallout drills were still being held in school.

3. Viral zombies- what we're up to now and movies nowadays need to be smarter to make them scary (at least for me). The truth is the zombies that the Walking Dead series might be going on, from what I see, have muscle memory. Romero's original "Dead" series had the same. The zombies grew hungry and wanted to consume, triggering something inside of them to check the mall. It was Romero's way of hating consumerism and fulfilling our basic needs objectively (I'm really not making this up, you can probably find a lot of crap on this;) ). So "Walking" might have the same where as long as it leads to a basic need (hunger) the zombie can probably physically do it. They can't get smarter- thank god- but even crows and monkeys use rocks to open things for food.

That being said, I saw the zombie climbing the ladder and wondered if his rotting muscles could hold his weight up all the steps.

Zombie logic is a twisted affair.

TVthePunisher
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Very good points. I don't know what more to say to that right now =D

Rather, I would like to talk about the direction they're going with the story as of last night's episode.

Shane

They're obviously setting Shane up to want to kill Rick, however he stops (not because Dale arrived, that was something he noticed after)...but because he is struggling with the humanity left within him whether or not he should take this man's life. It appears he's dropped those feelings...and surprisingly, HE'S STILL ALIVE! If I remember correctly, he died before Jim did...but they just left Jim behind and he's still with the group. Makes me wonder if they'll hold him out for longer...seems like something Kirkman originally intended

CDC

This area or this upcoming arc was not present during the original comic. I hope it's not a replacement for the Prison Arc, as that was a MAJOR part of the series. Apparently there's a man held up in there who is starting to go a little crazy, especially after his best samples for a cure are destroyed due to an accidental leek of toxic gas (he's fine, the samples are torched). I saw him as a man who didn't trust humanity anymore...but he let go of that to allow Rick and his group inside, thanks to Rick's constant plea (if he hadn't, they would probably be dead). Previews for the Season Finale suggest a lot of trouble ahead...with the guy, possibly with Shane..it's uncertain what will happen.

I just hope CDC isn't a replacement for the Prison...and I want Tyrese to show up somewhere.

MelangeAddict
11-29-2010, 07:39 PM
I'd assume they can't get rid of Shane the same as in the comic, too many parent groups would be up in arms (no pun intended) if a young lad kills another man just to protect his father.

I'm curious how they go with the CDC story and if the storyline involving the prison ever happens. I hope it does since that is a major major part of the series, almost the pivot point for every thing that happens after that.

Pieville
11-30-2010, 10:00 AM
I haven't read or even heard about the walking dead until the series.
I gotta say that the show is pretty good, I like it.

Wavescope
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I have watched the first 3 episodes of this so far, like it, it's just like Left 4 Dead the TV show lol.

Zombie Izzardx
12-04-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm really enjoying the series. Though I find myself yelling at the tv when they do something stupid. Its like I know you loved your sister an all but is that really worth putting you and the rest of the camp at risk?

MelangeAddict
12-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah, no shit. I was furious that she refused to let her sister be buried. Stupid twat. Someone should have just knocked her out for being so goddamned selfish.

Thank goodness we had time to mourn your sister before she rose back to life to eat our faces. By the way you're a cunt.

Zombie Izzardx
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, no shit. I was furious that she refused to let her sister be buried. Stupid twat. Someone should have just knocked her out for being so goddamned selfish.

Thank goodness we had time to mourn your sister before she rose back to life to eat our faces. By the way you're a cunt.

OH god thats just to funny. Also remember when the mother went out into the woods without any weapons at all. That just really ticked me off.

SynysterChris
12-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm kinda peeved and kinda liking the show. Shane should be Dead, and Carl should have X'd him, that should have been the real reason he left. Shane should have been loosing it way more than he has. The rest of the cast should have been following Rick's orders rather than Shane, as in the comic he was sought as a better leader, people just follow the guy.

I'm liking Darel, guy with the cross bow, that dude is pretty cool. He is kind of reminds me of Abraham, later in the series, don't know why he just does.

Though I'm kinda interested in where the whole CDC thing is going, as they never went there in the comic. And like others have said I'm wondering if this is going to replace the Prison Arc, or if they will have it. Well only time will tell, season finale is on tonight so I'm going to catch that, and see how that goes.

SynysterChris
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok after watching the season finale, I must say what a waste of 2 episodes. What were the writers thinking for these last episodes. They resolved nothing, except what we already know, and suppose to know jack shit about how the zombie's started and why.
I'm going to go into rant bitch mode about now.

1.To me they should have left that all out, and have been following closer to the comic material. Now later they will have no need to go to Washington, as I see it because they know nothing is felt in way of Governmental research.

2. Shane should be dead, I really don't want to see this hidden Lori,Shane thing go on any longer. They should just get that over with already as something else play out of that later.

3. Besides Darell, I don't see why they bothered to add any extra characters they either all just die off or leave and, at least to me I didn't feel any real connection to them, as said other characters they should have added, like the Twins and their parents. They were a important survivor role in the series, which lead to some rather questionable moral issues later on.
While on characters WTF is up with Carol, she was suppose to be young and good looking, not some old lady, they got the abusive husband part but was he even necessary, I guess it was cool to see Shane knock the shit out of him, but so far no second characters seem to have much character development.

4. Rick OMFG if I see him cry and whine about shit one more time I swear. He is such a pussy, and never would I look up to this ass hat as a leader. He was doing good in the 3rd and 4th eps, but now he is back to pussy Rick. Really ya there are zombie and shit is bad, but sack up man and be comic Rick. He bitches too much and the worse hasn't even come close to them yet. Wait till after the prison arc for him to get a little whiney then at least he will have something to whine about.

Rant end...

Things they have done right.

Shane and Rick at the hospital was nice to see, like exactly what happened there, and how Shane had to make a call on what to do with Rick. I did like that.

Gleen is awesome, best all round character on the show, he fits the part just perfect.

Sorry for the bitchy wall of text.

ErmacVersion1
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
What's sad is I still don't even know the name of that black lady and I guess I never will. Now to wait 8 months to a year for season 2. FAIL!

JAW LV
12-06-2010, 08:48 PM
What's sad is I still don't even know the name of that black lady and I guess I never will.

Lol, me too... her role seemed rather small & quite so I guess the producers said screw it and killed off her character :p

I didn't read the comic but from what I can gather for those that have both read the comic and watched the TV series- the TV series doesn't do the comic any justice. I'm going on a 6 hour road trip this weekend, if I can find a copy of the comic I might pickup it up and start reading it.

ErmacVersion1
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Lol, me too... her role seemed rather small & quite so I guess the producers said screw it and killed off her character :p

I didn't read the comic but from what I can gather for those that have both read the comic and watched the TV series- the TV series doesn't do the comic any justice. I'm going on a 6 hour road trip this weekend, if I can find a copy of the comic I might pickup it up and start reading it.

There are apparently a ton of them out there. I believe the 3rd hardcover edition just came out? I have yet to read the comic, but the series is good in my opinion. I'm still laughing at the fact NBC passed on this show. :woop:

Gackt
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I was hoping the blonde chick would stay there too....she is pretty annoying with all her whining like shes the only person in the world who lost somebody lol. Would have been a cool way to end season 1 by killing everyone in that group then start season 2 with a new group.

SynysterChris
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I was hoping the blonde chick would stay there too....she is pretty annoying with all her whining like shes the only person in the world who lost somebody lol. Would have been a cool way to end season 1 by killing everyone in that group then start season 2 with a new group.

Well the first issue of the comic they stated that the story follows Rick and that it will continue as long as he is alive. So to have a new group wouldn't be what the show is about. Though most of the characters are kind of off from there comic counterparts.

ErmacVersion1
12-07-2010, 02:01 AM
I was under the impression that a good 80% of the characters in the show are needless as is? With that being said, I see almost all of the people still in the group (T-Dawg, Angela, Dale, Shane, Glenn, Darryl, etc.) all dying before the series ends.

TVthePunisher
12-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Just for record's sake, the black lady's name was Jaquie (said like Jackie I assume).

Dz06lt
12-07-2010, 02:12 AM
The show was fantastic just watched the finale. I cant wait to get a full season next year.

Gackt
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I like Daryl, he is by far my favorite character, Glenn is pretty cool too. Shane is pretty good to, although the drama between him and Ricks wife is annoying..mostly because I cant stand that woman..or her kid lol

Old Scratch
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Loving this show. I ordered the compendium a few weeks ago and so far think the show is living up to or better than the comics.
I hope they keep shane around, he's likable (have to feel for him helping the wife and kid the being exiled).

Hope we don't have to wait long for season 2

Takamura Bear
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I just watched the first episode of this online, and I have to say that it was better than I expected. I don't watch a lot of the latest, most popular TV shows, but this is something I can get into.

I felt sorry for the horse that got eaten towards the end of the first episode. He could have become a deep and complex character. :(

Even though I'm not into American comics and more into Japanese manga, I want to start reading the comics, but there are so many different versions out there that I don't know what's the best option.

The compendium, I hear, has over 1000 pages containing a ton of issues. Definitely not a fan of the typical thin-papered comics, and collecting volumes might end up hurting my wallet.

Even if it doesn't feature any color or bonuses, the compendium might be the best option for me.

ErmacVersion1
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Loving this show. I ordered the compendium a few weeks ago and so far think the show is living up to or better than the comics.
I hope they keep shane around, he's likable (have to feel for him helping the wife and kid the being exiled).

Hope we don't have to wait long for season 2

8 to 10 months. :(

gazmaster1
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
for any one wanting to watch this without sky ect... the free to air rights are being broadcast by channel 5 next spring

rvlution
12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I really don't care whether it follows the comic. Personally, I want something different than what I already know is going to happen.

A lot of my friends complained the lack of zombies in some episodes made it boring. Are you kidding? I've been enthralled the whole time!

XY Gameboi4Ever
12-10-2010, 09:09 PM
This is the first I've heard of a comic for The Walking Dead. I love the show. I've been DVR-ing it ever since it came out.

I'm going to have to check these books out. Hopefully its like Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not story-wise.... I saw the anime series then read the manga and the manga was way better. Books usually are better than the movies based on them.

SynysterChris
12-11-2010, 05:59 AM
I really don't care whether it follows the comic. Personally, I want something different than what I already know is going to happen.

A lot of my friends complained the lack of zombies in some episodes made it boring. Are you kidding? I've been enthralled the whole time!

I think for some, me included would like to see what we have read. Or in the case of comics see/read, watch the panels of the comic come to life with real actors in a accurate portrayal of the source material from where it originated.

Yes you may already know what's going to happen if you have read it but, I really don't care I just want to watch it unfold on the screen. I don't mind if they add things in, to make it longer and not just a jump from here to there. The issue is because comics can't show every second of what characters are doing. So that's where the film version comes in it can fill the gap of what happens between the panels. Though I didn't mind so much that there were other characters but they shouldn't have removed characters and change who or what makes the character the character they are portraying on the screen. That's my gripe with these shows.

Though things that have been cool and welcome are the flashback scene with Shane and Rick in the hospital, where he had to make the decision to take him or leave him. Also when Glenn got captured and they had to bust him out, that wasn't that bad it was just extra, and extra is never a bad thing. As long as they keep things the same, and don't go too far from what they are suppose to be following.

lowbudget
12-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I love how no one even tried to convince the black lady not to stay and die. They barely even looked back for her

rvlution
12-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I was very angry with Andrea because she almost got Dale killed. I love that guy.

Snapshot19
12-13-2010, 09:43 PM
thank god for the internet
this doesn't officially start in the uk till spring
but my brother and i have loved watching it every monday morning as soon as its downloadable

Lizard UK
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
thank god for the internet
this doesn't officially start in the uk till spring
but my brother and i have loved watching it every monday morning as soon as its downloadable

It has already been shown in the UK on FX, it was only about a week behind US pace. Oh, unless you don't have Sky then yes it airs next year.

Yeah it's a great show, looking forward to season 2!

Takamura Bear
12-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Just finished the first season over the past week and this definitely a AAA show. Hope the second season comes ASAP as I need more of this show. But I'll soon be reading the comic, so that will keep me busy in the mean time, I suppose.

It provides a real 'We're totally fucked' scenario and makes you feel for the characters. I still want to know what happened to Dixon. He obviously escaped being chained up on the roof, but I'm guessing he makes an appearance later on.

A lot of people didn't like the way the last episode ended, and I can see where you're coming from; still a lot of unanswered questions remain. Definitely the weakest episode compared to the rest.

And that doctor whispered something to Rick. I'm guessing something to do with the blood tests the survivors took?

But I do wonder. Perhaps those that are up-to-date with the comics...without potentially giving away too much..Are Zombies the only dangers the survivors have to worry about? I mean, does it become Left 4 Dead and start introducing 'other' problems? Not like it matters, anyway.

rekikire
12-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Watched all the episodes back to back thanks to alternative media sources. Great show, I love post apocalyptic shows, and zombies....*cough* walkers are a classic.

Gackt
12-15-2010, 05:13 AM
I love how no one even tried to convince the black lady not to stay and die. They barely even looked back for her

Didn't like her anyway lol. Hell they made the CDC guy more likable then her and he was only around for that 1 EP lol.

SynysterChris
12-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Just finished the first season over the past week and this definitely a AAA show. Hope the second season comes ASAP as I need more of this show. But I'll soon be reading the comic, so that will keep me busy in the mean time, I suppose.

It provides a real 'We're totally fucked' scenario and makes you feel for the characters. I still want to know what happened to Dixon. He obviously escaped being chained up on the roof, but I'm guessing he makes an appearance later on.

A lot of people didn't like the way the last episode ended, and I can see where you're coming from; still a lot of unanswered questions remain. Definitely the weakest episode compared to the rest.

And that doctor whispered something to Rick. I'm guessing something to do with the blood tests the survivors took?

But I do wonder. Perhaps those that are up-to-date with the comics...without potentially giving away too much..Are Zombies the only dangers the survivors have to worry about? I mean, does it become Left 4 Dead and start introducing 'other' problems? Not like it matters, anyway.

Yes in the comic there are more dangers than just the zombies. There are other survivors who are more dangerous than the zombies. Really that's what the series is about. How people as a society deal with the end of civilization. Which most can't cope where others can still hold on to that piece of humanity.
The zombies are just there as a background to show that really no where is safe, no from people and from them.

Plus in the comic they find out everyone is infected, even if your not bit you will turn if you die. Or at least its assumed from an issue that's the case.

McGoogles
12-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I just recently started watching this superb show on DVR and it's very interesting to watch. So far, the best part was when the guys went back for the weapons and they ran into a bunch of Mexicans who appeared to be vigorous but who instead were nice people that reside in a nursing home and help the old out.

GhostFalcon3
12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I finished watching season 1 yesterday and it was pretty good, the story line is superb and I have quite a good idea what the cdc guy said to Rick at the end. So yeah now waiting for season two.

SmoothAsEgg5
12-19-2010, 01:18 AM
i thought the season started great, and i was kind of letdown by the last two episodes. but i'm not giving it up though, looking forward to the 2nd season

Tussell
12-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Being the zombie fanatic that I am, I'm really surprised I haven't seen a single second of this show. I really wanted to check out the comic series prior to watching it, but I haven't read a word of the series either. So I don't really know what the hell I'm doing. I want to read and see The Walking Dead, but I'm just being a tool, and not doing either one. I need some motivation.

Gackt
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Being the zombie fanatic that I am, I'm really surprised I haven't seen a single second of this show. I really wanted to check out the comic series prior to watching it, but I haven't read a word of the series either. So I don't really know what the hell I'm doing. I want to read and see The Walking Dead, but I'm just being a tool, and not doing either one. I need some motivation.

Watch the show.
That was my attempt at motivating you incase it somehow did not hit its mark.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Awesome first series, but I am still shocked that it was only 6 episodes.
Even Entourage which is shortening next season is only going as far as 8.
Thought it was a British thing to have such a low number of episodes in a series!

Anyway I haven't seen many if any poor reviews for the show so no doubt it will return at some stage in 2011 with 12 or so episodes I would presume.

Obviously as its a TV series, looking to last potentially a good amount of time / seasons they needed the whole family kind of survival story but I hope to see some more action next season, maybe even if it isn't the main group and just some random survivors.

X monkfish69 X
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Apparently, Frank Darabont (the lead behind the tv series) has fired pretty much all of the writing team behind the show. He plans to write the 2nd series himself as he was so disappointed about the whole thing and how it panned out.

I'm glad at this news due to the series not being at all faithful to the comic book apart from a few elements of the first episode.

The 2nd series was all but confirmed to be going ahead and will be longer than 6 episodes. Again, this is good welcome news :)

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Good news then, I was reading a little yesterday and an apparent 13 episode season 2 will air next year.

I don't know alot behind the comics or the way things panned out in them but I guess they had more action then the shows first season did so I doubt that its a bad thing the people behind it have been changed.

In all honesty though, a TV series on zombies would have to do amazingly well to be bad if you ask me, possible of course but I doubt the show could really be bad. Its just one of those genre's.

JAW LV
12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I searched my local bookstore but it's not there. Should I just be looking through the internet via Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc??

I really enjoyed the TV series, but I hear the comic is better.... I just got to get my hands on the comic so I can judge for myself.

Takamura Bear
12-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I searched my local bookstore but it's not there. Should I just be looking through the internet via Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc??

I really enjoyed the TV series, but I hear the comic is better.... I just got to get my hands on the comic so I can judge for myself.

Yeah, I would try Amazon. Haven't really had time to visit a book store and see if they have any copies or not, but I bet ya they're popular as hell and run out of stock over there as well.

My compendium arrived this morning from Amazon, which I ordered weeks ago. Bad weather, massive backlog of orders over here. X_X

I'm gonna start reading the comic tomorrow on christmas day. Interested to see how the TV show and the comic differ.

Purge
12-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Apparently, Frank Darabont (the lead behind the tv series) has fired pretty much all of the writing team behind the show. He plans to write the 2nd series himself as he was so disappointed about the whole thing and how it panned out.

I've spent the past quarter of an hour looking for a link to an iO9 article I was reading on the matter, but I just can't find it..

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. http://m.io9.com/5705028/jeff-bridges-and-olivia-wilde-talk-tron-legacy-plus-fringe-and-walking-dead-producers-discuss-their-shows-futures

It basically describes that one of the writers that was brought in was a top-dog in the industry and he doesn't like being second in command, so he left. That's all apparently. Apparently. To be fair, the best episode in the series was written by Frank Darabont and the worst by Robert, so I'll be happy with whatever direction they go.

Also, if anyone's interested I present to you every single kill from the first series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afcWyJhsBXo&feature=player_embedded

JAW LV
12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Also, if anyone's interested I present to you every single kill from the first series.

Ha that was great! I thought there was a lot more kills then the video shows, but when I really think about it the series is more about storyline then action/gore.... at this point anyways.

IceLion
12-29-2010, 07:30 PM
The wife and I are only 2 shows in a this point but this is certainly one of my favorite TV series in the last few years.

stEvilGenius
12-31-2010, 09:55 PM
the show was enjoyable, but the comics are a thousand times better. i don't mind when an adaptation majorly strays from the source material as long as the story is up to par. unfortunately there are a lot of areas where the tv show's story was just really poor by comparison.

that being said, the "vatos" episode (which never happened in the comics) was really freaking good. i'm sure it was no small coincidence that it was the only kirkman-penned episode.

SynysterChris
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
the show was enjoyable, but the comics are a thousand times better. i don't mind when an adaptation majorly strays from the source material as long as the story is up to par. unfortunately there are a lot of areas where the tv show's story was just really poor by comparison.

that being said, the "vatos" episode (which never happened in the comics) was really freaking good. i'm sure it was no small coincidence that it was the only kirkman-penned episode.

Ya I was going to say that I enjoyed that episode as well, and was one of the best episodes if not the best. That episode actually felt like it would have came from the comic, I guess now I know why.

I was really, really excited when I heard about the show, as it being my favorite comic I've read ever. But so far to me the show has been kind of a let down. Without the exception of Glenn, the guy who plays him is awesome.

BlandYoshi
01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
One of the best new shows in a very very long time. I can't wait for the next season

kdrcraig
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Finally watched the finale last night and it was good. I like how this first season turned out, minus some occasional lame acting and shitty dialogue this is an epic show.

niko da bos
01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
my interest in the "zombie epidemic" has decreased since they juiced every last drop out of it. games, movies, shows, songs, after a while i grew tired of all this nonsense.

but "the walking dead" was a great show, i only got to see the first couple (up to where he finds out his wife and child were alive). this is a great series that adds some humor, and the occasional gore to the mix. i actually find myself scared for them sometimes, wondering if someone will get eaten alive!

THE130173
01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
my interest in the "zombie epidemic" has decreased since they juiced every last drop out of it. games, movies, shows, songs, after a while i grew tired of all this nonsense.

but "the walking dead" was a great show, i only got to see the first couple (up to where he finds out his wife and child were alive). this is a great series that adds some humor, and the occasional gore to the mix. i actually find myself scared for them sometimes, wondering if someone will get eaten alive!

dude not cool i didn't come here for spoilers i just wanted to know if the show was any good

shudderWINGS
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
dude not cool i didn't come here for spoilers i just wanted to know if the show was any good

Deal with it, dude. If you read the comics, he finds out in the first six pages. If you watch the show, it happens in like the third episode.

Not a big deal.

Takamura Bear
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I have to say, I'm actually surprised at how different the TV show is compared to the comic. The TV version has more filler scenes, which is actually good because it fleshes out and expands upon character interactions and development.

For example, the part where Rick enters the town with the horse and then meets Glen a little bit later, the show added the filler with the other group of characters taken refuge in the one of the buildings, plus the Dixon incident.

The comic is great with some lovely, crisp art. However the TV show is not as inferior to it as people make it out to be.

I just don't know how they're going to deal with...

Shane's death for the TV version. In the comic he gets killed by Rick's son at the camp site after going a little crazy, but in the TV show, the gang have already left the site. :confused:

shudderWINGS
02-20-2011, 03:28 AM
I have to say, I'm actually surprised at how different the TV show is compared to the comic. The TV version has more filler scenes, which is actually good because it fleshes out and expands upon character interactions and development.

For example, the part where Rick enters the town with the horse and then meets Glen a little bit later, the show added the filler with the other group of characters taken refuge in the one of the buildings, plus the Dixon incident.

The comic is great with some lovely, crisp art. However the TV show is not as inferior to it as people make it out to be.

I just don't know how they're going to deal with...

Shane's death for the TV version. In the comic he gets killed by Rick's son at the camp site after going a little crazy, but in the TV show, the gang have already left the site. :confused:

I'm sure they'll keep with it in a similar manner. I don't see how they'd stray TOO far from it.

It would take away from everything, to be completely honest.

MADasaHatter
07-18-2011, 07:54 PM
It's been a while since we've heard word. But here is a scene from season 2 of Walking Dead.

‪The Walking Dead Season 2 - First Look (HD)‬‏ - YouTube

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-18-2011, 09:29 PM
It's been a while since we've heard word. But here is a scene from season 2 of Walking Dead.

I cannot wait for this!!!

Blink
07-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Series 1 was awesome. Can't wait for the next one!

KittyKat4U
07-19-2011, 03:15 AM
I really hate having to wait until fall every year:( this series is so awesome!

13ip0lar
07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Perhaps someone can answer this for me: Waking Dead should be an even better season as they fired the writing team (both of them), and got some great names in for the next season.

Wait...why? I mean sure, maybe looking back on it was a bit slow, but I don't think anyone would say the first season sucked. Might have had a lot of your standard zombie apocalypse scenarios, but far from being terrible. Was it a preventative measure? Like the had C-grade writers, and could afford A-class ones now?

(It's from another thread, but it seems the more appropriate place to ask.)

Takamura Bear
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM

‪The Walking Dead Season 2 - First Look (HD)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmwf_cI8q0&feature=player_embedded)

Good stuff. Looking forward to this as much as season six of Dexter, myself.

Speaking of which, this little teaser has piqued my interest in getting back to reading the compendium. The good thing about the comic in general is that they're not afraid to kill off characters out of fucking nowhere. Practically no one is safe. Good characters get fucked up in horrible and brutal ways.

Kiecsi
07-22-2011, 01:39 AM
I really hope the good cops son kills the baddy cop like in the comic book

MADasaHatter
07-22-2011, 09:12 PM
NEW COMIC-CON TRAILER FOR SEASON 2

And easily, THE best trailer I've seen for a show in a long time. Truly awesome. It gives away some plot points but damn it's awesome.

Edit: Please check in my lower post for the real trailer.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM&feature=player_embedded#at=114)

Skip2myluu55
07-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I fell in love with the show when it aired! They had a contest to be a zombie on the show, but when they revealed the code after an episode my internet decided to fudge up on me (Damn you comcast!) and I never got to submit my entry *tear* :( Would have been awesome though ^.^

KFZ Scrubs
07-22-2011, 09:46 PM
NEW COMIC-CON TRAILER FOR SEASON 2

And easily, THE best trailer I've seen for a show in a long time. Truly awesome. It gives away some plot points but damn it's awesome.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-trailer-from-comic-con
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM&feature=player_embedded#at=114)

Your link took me to dexter season 6..... which is still badass.

Verdinial
07-22-2011, 10:20 PM
The finale to the first series was slightly dissapointing considering how brilliant the rest of it was, but I'm really looking forward to the second season. In general it was a brilliant Zombie programme, personally I thought it was better than most zombie films out there.

The Dagda Mor
07-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Looks like 13 episodes for Season 2 at least, better than 6 episodes.

MADasaHatter
07-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Your link took me to dexter season 6..... which is still badass.

Strange. The site won't let me edit the wrong link.

But shazam!

‪The Walking Dead: Season 2 Trailer From Comic-Con‬‏ - YouTube

KFZ Scrubs
07-24-2011, 12:26 AM
The finale to the first series was slightly dissapointing considering how brilliant the rest of it was, but I'm really looking forward to the second season. In general it was a brilliant Zombie programme, personally I thought it was better than most zombie films out there.

What would you have done in that situation? Would you have stayed or went?
Personally, I would have went

Wildmn34
08-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Man, I came to this series really, really late. I head about it of course throughout the past year and was like "Yeah, whatever a zombie show... yeah..."

Then I heard a little more, and a little more, then I tracked down a trailer for it and was like... "Damn, that looks pretty good. Maybe everyone isn't blowing smoke."

Was going to borrow it from a friend but he never delivered so I got it from Amazon for $14. Watched it in two days. One of the best purchases I have made in a while. Absolutely love this show.

Sure, a couple parts were a little slow at times... but overall it's fantastic. Can't wait for the new season to start. Does anyone have a Date and day/time it will be on?

@MadasHatter: Thanks for that Youtube link. Made me want the next season even more now... jerk. lol

I'm late to the party but glad I made it!

13ip0lar
08-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Man, I came to this series really, really late. I head about it of course throughout the past year and was like "Yeah, whatever a zombie show... yeah..."

Then I heard a little more, and a little more, then I tracked down a trailer for it and was like... "Damn, that looks pretty good. Maybe everyone isn't blowing smoke."

Was going to borrow it from a friend but he never delivered so I got it from Amazon for $14. Watched it in two days. One of the best purchases I have made in a while. Absolutely love this show.

Sure, a couple parts were a little slow at times... but overall it's fantastic. Can't wait for the new season to start. Does anyone have a Date and day/time it will be on?

@MadasHatter: Thanks for that Youtube link. Made me want the next season even more now... jerk. lol

I'm late to the party but glad I made it!

No offense, but how do you figure? Sure you weren't watching it while everyone else was, but I think you had the better end of the deal. I tend to like to watch shows after all the episodes have aired and watch them in one go. Then you don't have to wait a week to see the next installment. Sure it's probably not the best way to spend your day, but it's not like you do it every day. =P

Anyways, I agree with the beginning thoughts. I too thought it was going to be crap when it first showed up, but figured I had nothing to lose. I hope it does pick up though, in terms of pace. I enjoyed the first season, and it's pretty decent considering it's on AMC, and the budget you can expect for a show like this, on said network, in its first season. :3

Edit: You know what I realized watching that teaser trailer? Is that the dumb white supremacist dude's brother is gonna show up again isn't he? They didn't resolve that in the first season, right? He chopped off his hand, they found it, but they never found him right? Gay...

Burning Karma
08-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Spoilers, I guess:
No, they never found him, but they think he stole their van in episode 4. I pretty much assumed he was going to so back up sometime soon anyway.

13ip0lar
08-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Spoilers, I guess:
No, they never found him, but they think he stole their van in episode 4. I pretty much assumed he was going to so back up sometime soon anyway.

Lame. I really didn't like him and not for obvious reasons, I just didn't like his character and don't want an episode or two that has him as the antagonist. -_-

Viv0l0l
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
My favourite Zombie related show......EPIC storyline

macgyver893
08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
I just rewatched the first season a couple days ago... a few things I'm looking forward to (since I didn't read the graphic novel nor do I plan to, just don't have the time):

- What happened to Merle?
- What happened to the black father/son from the first episode?
- What did Dr. Jenner whisper to Rick before sprinting out of the CDC?
- What ever happens to the other family that decided to not travel with the group when they left for the CDC?

The trailer for the second season too is perfect. Although from it I think I was able to come to a couple conclusions... but I may be wrong:

- One of the background settings looks similar to where the Vatos lived; maybe they go back for help?
- The child of the woman who was beat by her husband looks like she was bit/infected

Takamura Bear
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I just rewatched the first season a couple days ago... a few things I'm looking forward to (since I didn't read the graphic novel nor do I plan to, just don't have the time):

- What happened to Merle?
- What happened to the black father/son from the first episode?
- What did Dr. Jenner whisper to Rick before sprinting out of the CDC?
- What ever happens to the other family that decided to not travel with the group when they left for the CDC?

The novels are actually quite different from the TV series than you would think. Not 100% accurate, but I'll try to answer those as best as I can.

- I don't think he's in the comic version but I think it's clear he survives and manages to escape somehow...handless.
- I think they appear later on in the story as I saw them while skimming through the compendium.
- That Rick's wife is preggars I think.
- Not sure about that.

GhostFalcon3
09-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Can't wait for season two now. The first one kept you hooked throughout.

Airs late october, Right?

Burning Karma
09-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Airs late october, Right?
October 16th.

13ip0lar
10-06-2011, 10:51 PM
October 16th.

So who's excited?! A little over a week away now. I can't wait! I'm personally half hoping the release the first episode early, but at the same time hope they don't because that would mean more time between the first and second episode. >_>

Burning Karma
10-08-2011, 03:05 AM
So who's excited?! A little over a week away now. I can't wait! I'm personally half hoping the release the first episode early, but at the same time hope they don't because that would mean more time between the first and second episode. >_>
I think I'm more excited for Talking Dead, the live aftershow that'll be shown on Fridays. It's going to be hosted by Chris Hardwick.

Wildmn34
10-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm so happy I posted in this thread. I would have missed the premier.

Really looking forward to this show.

Inebriated Jedi
10-08-2011, 05:01 AM
So who's excited?!

I am! :D

This is one of my favorite shows right now. I'm even tempted to drop some points on the avatar items.

13ip0lar
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I think I'm more excited for Talking Dead, the live aftershow that'll be shown on Fridays. It's going to be hosted by Chris Hardwick.

There's seriously such a thing? What will it be about? Discussing what just happened in the most recent episode? Seems a bit much tbh, but who knows?

I am! :D

This is one of my favorite shows right now. I'm even tempted to drop some points on the avatar items.

Again, this really exists? Or are you just talking about zombie items in general? I have to admit The Walking Dead avvy items would be pretty awesome, especially if it helped support the show. :3

Burnout x360a
10-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Can't wait, loved the first series (though I was late to the party with it:p)

Though it premieres on the 21st over here in the UK.

RBmaster9345
10-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I like how they call it "new" somehow when its obviously based off the comics. Still good though

Burnout x360a
10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I like how they call it "new" somehow when its obviously based off the comics. Still good though

Well it isn't technically an 'old' series is it. But I know what you mean.

Burning Karma
10-08-2011, 10:45 PM
There's seriously such a thing? What will it be about? Discussing what just happened in the most recent episode? Seems a bit much tbh, but who knows?
Yeah, discussing that week's episode with fans, actors, and producers.

Inebriated Jedi
10-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Again, this really exists? Or are you just talking about zombie items in general? I have to admit The Walking Dead avvy items would be pretty awesome, especially if it helped support the show. :3

Yeah, there's avatar stuff for The Walking Dead now. I think they were added earlier this week.

They have the zombie girl from the first episode as an avatar item, it made me laugh.

13ip0lar
10-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah, discussing that week's episode with fans, actors, and producers.

Honestly I don't know how they could go on for half an hour without giving too much away, or spoiling it. Guess we'll just have to see.

Yeah, there's avatar stuff for The Walking Dead now. I think they were added earlier this week.

They have the zombie girl from the first episode as an avatar item, it made me laugh.

I wish some of it was cheaper then I might have grabbed one. That or instead of clothes maybe they added weapons, specifically that one rednecks crossbow. I'm terrible with names, sorry. :S

Anyways, one more day. I seriously can't wait! First this then 3 more days after primere till Dungeon Defenders. I'm so stoked for this week. I wish the primere was like Battlestar Galatica epic, where they always seemed to open with an epic space battle. I just want them to go to town and really "wow" people, but we'll have to see. :3

Gorjira
10-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Is there any chance for us in the UK to watch the episode tonight with all you yanks?! Is there a live feed somewhere or anything? I refuse to wait until Friday while all you guys know what's happened!!

MADasaHatter
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Saw the extended footage of Season 2 to at Comic Con last night and it is awesome. Here's some blurbs and tidbits the cast crew shared

13 episodes.
Zombie actors are often reused but repainted. So for long shots, they use a large cast but for close shots, the same actors. These people train to move and act like different zombies and look entirely different so you can probably never tell.
Love interests inbound.
Robert Kirkman (who was in attendance) is actually a writer, not just a consultant for most eps of Season 2. He also got to direct one episode of the show.
Kirkman explains that he favorite part is that both WD universes exist separate for each other. Even so, you will be seeing the introduction of some of the comic characters people are clamoring to see. He doesn't want to just entertain the people who watch the show, but also those who read the comic so it is important to change the story enough to satisfy both.
The effects (which won awards last year) will really be pushed this season. They said "None of the AMC censors seem to be paying attention so we'll just keep pushing the envelope".
When asked what he would like for a zombie apocalypse, the actor who plays lil' Carl Grimes stated a "flamethrower with a bayonet at the end". Norman Reedus (Daryl) called out "Shit! That was my answer!"
The extended scene of the highway fiasco is pretty awesome and worth the watch with its suspense and a few cool zombie kills. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Takamura Bear
10-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm not too sure how much of the original comic's material season 2 will cover, if any at all, but I really hope parts of the prison arc get covered in this season or the next. I'm reading through the prison arc right now and it's truly amazing stuff. And some really fucked up shit happens. Fucking brutal shit.

Dz06lt
10-17-2011, 12:10 AM
1 hour until the new season

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Watching Season 1 Episode 6 makes me remember how good the first 5 episodes were and why I didn't like episode 6 the last time I watched it. lol

Really looking forward to the new season.

StolenPaper18
10-17-2011, 12:12 AM
1 hour until the new season

Curse you East Coast folk! :p

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Curse you East Coast folk! :p

Hey, it's less than an hour for me and I am central time. Don't throw me in with the East coasters... they smell funny! :p

Inebriated Jedi
10-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm watching the new episode right now. ;D

Dz06lt
10-17-2011, 01:06 AM
me too take that west coast!! and hey it could be worse you could live in hawaii

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh wait until you West Coasters see what just happened...

Ok that was mean... but seriously. lol

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 02:28 AM
WTF just happened!

Dz06lt
10-17-2011, 02:31 AM
well that last 1/2 hour was like only 12 minutes. Seriously basically no commercials the first hour then all the sudden a commercial every 2 minutes durring the last half hour of the show

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 02:43 AM
well that last 1/2 hour was like only 12 minutes. Seriously basically no commercials the first hour then all the sudden a commercial every 2 minutes durring the last half hour of the show

Yeah, but the first 25 minutes were commercial free. They have to make up the time somewhere. *shrugs*

Great episode regardless. Wow.

i got squeezed
10-17-2011, 02:44 AM

yeah I know, like 25 mins commerical free, then like every 5 mins another one. badass season 2!!!!!!

SynysterChris
10-17-2011, 03:04 AM
I am looking forward to watching the new season, and the premiere tonight. Though as a fan of the comic, first way before the show ever became a reality. I was and still am disappointed in the first season as a whole.

I know the whole argument that people don't want to see the same thing they read, to me is dumb. Why do people go to see Harry Potter? I don't know maybe because they read the book? Personally I would just love to have seen a actual shot for shot creation of the comic to TV form. If it got to become a movie or show, why not keep it the same? Though I don't mind if they add extra stuff, or characters but keep the plot the same and don't change characters or how thing progress.

Anyways I hope things start to end up like the comic more, though I have strong feeling they wont. But interest to bitch about it either way.

Also why do they call it AMC's New Original series? Its not theirs it Kirkman's. It's just annoying to me when people try to make it off like its their own. Well I'm out.

MxPx
10-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Is there any chance for us in the UK to watch the episode tonight with all you yanks?! Is there a live feed somewhere or anything? I refuse to wait until Friday while all you guys know what's happened!!

You can DL it on iTunes or Amazon...not sure how much it costs though.

Wildmn34
10-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Stupid question I know.

But, is this what the show is based off of, or is this something different?

Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Compendium One (9781607060765): Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: Books

Kind of thinking about getting it, but not 100% sure.

Input welcome.

StolenPaper18
10-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Finalllllllllllllllllllllllly!!!! turning everything but the tv off for the next hour and a half :p

MxPx
10-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Ending is crazy.

MADasaHatter
10-17-2011, 04:05 AM
Stupid question I know.

But, is this what the show is based off of, or is this something different?

Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Compendium One (9781607060765): Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318820775&sr=1-1)

Kind of thinking about getting it, but not 100% sure.

Input welcome.

Yes it's based on the Kirkman books.

And it was a damn good ep. They screened the first half at Com, right up until the girl runs off. It dragged a bit in the middle I think but a great ending. If you saw the trailer for this season, you saw that he was running with someone in his arms. Still kind of shocked me when it happened.

And how about Walking Dead meets CSI. Zombie autopsy's anyone?

13ip0lar
10-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Ending is crazy.

I didn't see that coming. I liked the beginning of the episode though. They got a lot of supplies and such without really having to go anywhere.

StolenPaper18
10-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Ending is crazy.

Did not see that coming! Great start to the season, imo.

EliteShadowMan
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM
if you've watched enough movies/tv shows then you would know that something was going to happen at the end of the episode. I just didn't think THAT was going to happen lol

i got squeezed
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Ending is crazy.

Ending pissed my friends and I off. Who the hell did it? Tune in next week!! Damn!! I thought it was from 9-11PM but just 9-10:30PM

THUGGEDOUT
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Excellent start for season two, loved the zombie "autopsy"...still wish they would have followed the comic in regards to Shane and Carl...

Burnout x360a
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah that episode was so sick :p

So glad I didn't wait until the UK premiere on Friday (who would)/

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
This show is pretty good. I watched the premier last night.

Shinobi273
10-18-2011, 09:44 PM
I would expect the hunting party was from the farmhouse the sherrif runs to in the preview.

The little girl is an idiot, any reasonable person would have waited as long as they could.

Black guy should be dead, the blood should have set the walkers off into a frenzy.

Gun girl could have just sat quietly and been fine. I'm confused why the other walkers had such bad hearing when he could hear her. Same with the screaming when the little girl got flushed out.

The little girl's mom needs to die too, she is so grating.
Last season was so epic compared to the start of this one. Hopefully it picks up, especially if they get to that military base.

If I had a running tank, I would make zombie pancakes. Sure you need lots of gas but all the tanks shown are just sitting there. If I died with a tank, the tracks would be jammed with zombie and I would have left a trail of smashed walkers. Even the main gun could cause major carnage, but there is no telling if they had ammunition or not.

SynysterChris
10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
still stupid, and disappointing wish they would just follow the comics. Seriously why can't they get this shit right.

Wildmn34
10-24-2011, 12:15 AM
really looking forward to Ep 2.

Although I am already dreading the next cliffhanger ending...

Dz06lt
10-24-2011, 12:25 AM
starts in about 1/2 hour, still disapointed in the last 1/2 hour of last weeks episode

Wildmn34
10-24-2011, 12:27 AM
The only thing I have been disappointed in so far the entire series was the whole CDC thing at the end of Season 1.

Loved the last episode.

dwayne_hicks
10-24-2011, 01:39 AM
I know he wasnt in the comics, but Daryl has to be one of my favorite characters of all time.

Anyone else think Meryl is going take the Governor route ?

Wildmn34
10-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Liked the episode, didn't "love" it but liked it.

I think the shit is going to hit the fan next week though.

RuYi
10-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Ugh. The cliffhanger is killing me. I wish I didn't have to wait a whole week until I find out how things will turn out. Never read the comics so I'm all new to the series, but really liking them so far. :)

I know he wasnt in the comics, but Daryl has to be one of my favorite characters of all time.

At the end of S2E1, I thought he was the one who shot the kid. Not on purpose or anything, but that he'd be aiming for the deer and didn't see him.

MediumMelanin
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I've never read comics, for ANYTHING, but the show is pretty damn good. I mean, seen those effects? Mighty nice for a TV show!

EliteShadowMan
10-24-2011, 05:39 PM
last nights episode was ok and that's it. It was a pretty boring episode

niko da bos
10-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I've never read comics, for ANYTHING, but the show is pretty damn good. I mean, seen those effects? Mighty nice for a TV show!

ya i think they do a pretty good job making the zombies look "authentic" in this show, or as real as they could look anyway:p

im wondering if they will show mertyl sometime this season? have we just written him off as dead somewhere, or did they actually show his hand cut off for no reason... ive been waiting for him to show and spice up the group, it would be one hell of an encounter.

and ya these endings remind me of "true blood," its almost unfair how much they leave you hanging. i always record the episode because im usually busy that night, but after the ending im usually fastwording like "wtf no more!!?"

Skilled
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
My mate showed me this the other day. I think its a really good show.

Purge
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Yup, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Also if anyone's interested - and I'm sure you will be in this thread - the walking dead has just been renewed for another season.

TyrannoSpank
10-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Im also likin Daryl most lol, he seems pretty cool :d.

I hope things end well for Otis tho :x lol.

TopNotchGooser
10-31-2011, 12:36 AM
They need to upload all the episodes since my broke ass doesn't have cable

Dz06lt
10-31-2011, 12:41 AM
this should be the best episode of the year so far

Wildmn34
10-31-2011, 12:49 AM
So last weeks zombie kill count for the episode was 1.

I'm guessing 20+ this episode.

:-)

macgyver893
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Great episode. Very disturbing moment at the end, but loved the twist!

Wildmn34
10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Do I get any brownie points for guessing the kill count right on the number! :-)

Also, for those of you who haven't yet checked out the Webisodes check them out.

There are 6 of them up and they chronicle how lady walker that Rick first meets came to be. They are pretty short but well done.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video#!type_minisode/season_2

niko da bos
11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
woow i dont know about ricks deputy friend, i always thought he was kind of 'out there.' i mean i thought those two were actually becoming tight, helping eachother out cause neither could even walk anymore. (when he was with OTIS, the redneck who shot carl by accident).

out of nowwhere he just shoots dude in the leg like "oh sorry, i need some zombie bait." wow i couldnt believe how mean that was, he had enough energy to wrestle for 60 seconds but not limp away with homeboy? i just thought that was a low blow on his part, ive lost respect for his character every episode since he slept with ricks wife.

i still love daryl :), even though hes a hardass he is doing everything in his power to search for sophia in the woods. ive been having a gut feeling that she will just wander onto that farm where half the group is, i doubt everybody will just up and leave the area. daryls redneck brother needs to show up sometime soon, i want to see the aftermath of that roof ordeal.

Purge
11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Shane was amazing. I'm so happy with this season so far.

Gackt
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM
This season sucks so far. They cut back so much screen time on the support cast, Daryll is the only likable character anymore...and for the love of god, Rick needs to just stop talking...let the kid die....and kill off the wife because those 3 are the most annoying/useless people on this show lol.

zerus
11-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Watched all of season one and this season as well, like the show but it seems this season is off.

Never read the comic, but I've heard it's not about the zombies and constant action/undead mayhem.

It seems every episode this season goes like this-

1. resume previous weeks cliffhanger first 15-20 minutes of episode no commercials

2. dramatic close-up conversation between 2 of the characters 2 minutes

3. dramatic close-up conversation between 2 other characters 2 minutes

4. action sequence 1 minute

5. commercial 5 minutes

Rinse/Repeat until cliffhanger ending.I will still watch every week but damn, the constant commercials and speeches. and how far could a ten year old get from them they're still on that!

niko da bos
11-02-2011, 08:42 PM
This season sucks so far. They cut back so much screen time on the support cast, Daryll is the only likable character anymore...and for the love of god, Rick needs to just stop talking...let the kid die....and kill off the wife because those 3 are the most annoying/useless people on this show lol.

i like the show in general, mainly because i always feel cheated when watching a 'zombie film,' i just feel like im left wanting more. agreed that this 2nd season is getting a little dull for me, and i agree with your opinion on the characters:p

i get angry when they give me a 60 minute show with 40 minutes of commercials, then 15 out of the 20 minutes is dialogue with people crying. goddamn that last episode? we got like a whole 4 minutes of zombie action / chase, also the ending was kind of weird for me. i couldnt believe shane actually screwed that guy over like that, it was obviously unnecesary. you had enough time to wrestle on the concrete for 45 seconds, but not limp away with Odis? im kind of hoping he gets eaten soon :P

Shinobi273
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
i like the show in general, mainly because i always feel cheated when watching a 'zombie film,' i just feel like im left wanting more. agreed that this 2nd season is getting a little dull for me, and i agree with your opinion on the characters:p

i get angry when they give me a 60 minute show with 40 minutes of commercials, then 15 out of the 20 minutes is dialogue with people crying. goddamn that last episode? we got like a whole 4 minutes of zombie action / chase, also the ending was kind of weird for me. i couldnt believe shane actually screwed that guy over like that, it was obviously unnecesary. you had enough time to wrestle on the concrete for 45 seconds, but not limp away with Odis? im kind of hoping he gets eaten soon :P

Ridiculous zombie speed. At the beginning of the episode, zombies haul ass. When Shane is cornered outside, slow-mo. Jumping Otis and Shane from behind a fence, lightning. Chasing crippled Shane and Otis, back to casual.

Someone needs to make a spear or something. I feel like they could have sat on top of the bleachers and just poked the zombies in the head.

I have had quite enough of the crying as well.

Wildmn34
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
^^ That's why On Demand is nice. They take out the majority of the commercials. :-)

But, onto Shane. I don't know if you can really call it unnecessary as we don't know what would have happened had all the zombies not stopped to get a bite to eat.

The old saying "When you're being chased by a bear you only have to run faster than the last guy in line" certainly applies. Shane just cashed in on the chance to make certain he wasn't zombie food.

SynysterChris
11-04-2011, 10:19 AM

Ya, I feel like he is more like what Rick's character should have been like. He is always selfless, takes charge of the group, and makes quick decisions. Like what Rick was suppose to be in the comic. I feel like we got what I refer to as "Pussy Rick" for the show.

And Ya I agree with teh Meryl/Governor route, seems like the likely scenario.

Agree, Rick sucks in the show and Darell is the only character I like besides Glenn and Dale. Lori acts like she should same as the comic, but Carl's character really comes around after the prison arc, I just hope we get to see that Carl, it would be something to see. Read the comic's you won't like the show much. You will always be like why are they doing this to me?

Ridiculous zombie speed. At the beginning of the episode, zombies haul ass. When Shane is cornered outside, slow-mo. Jumping Otis and Shane from behind a fence, lightning. Chasing crippled Shane and Otis, back to casual.

Someone needs to make a spear or something. I feel like they could have sat on top of the bleachers and just poked the zombies in the head.

I have had quite enough of the crying as well.

Ya in the comic the fastest zombie speed is a stagger at most. In this show its a little below 28 days later/Dawn of the Dead Remake.

I feel like they should have always been slow, the essence of the comic was about getting around the human aspect of things. For getting the respirator for Carl they should just have had a lot more and had them get surrounded, not have to out run them.

As for my own thoughts, I'm still not liking the show much. I watch it because I want to see how bad they screw shit up. And just hate on it, I like to bitch so it serves it's purpose. Then I go read the comic and feel much better. All in all I love The Walking Dead, but no amount of that is going to make me say how good this show is when its not. I can see people liking the show and it does have some redeeming qualities, that I like about it. But the show destroyed any bit of quality it had when writing Ricks character, it's just horrible. But if the show gets better I will be the first to admit it.

Big Stoz
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Wildmn34;4646701]^^ That's why On Demand is nice. They take out the majority of the commercials. :-)

Could not agree more

Loving the show but vastly different to the brilliant comic series. Enjoying the 2nd season so far, usually the 2nd season sucks, but as most of the story is laid down in the comic series they have plenty still to work with and there are many (hopefully) brilliant twists still to come.

Wildmn34
11-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Hmmm... actually did not much care for this episode at all.

The thing that captivated me about the first season was the overall tension. I know they need to build up the characters and do some story development. But, lets get real. We watch the show because we want to see zombies get blown up and maybe a human or two bite the dust.

I won't spoil the last episode for those that haven't watched it yet. But... damn come on already.

SynysterChris
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM

The thing that captivated me about the first season was the overall tension. I know they need to build up the characters and do some story development. But, lets get real. We watch the show because we want to see zombies get blown up and maybe a human or two bite the dust.

I won't spoil the last episode for those that haven't watched it yet. But... damn come on already.

Its the characters as a whole, I don't find my self caring about them at all, as I did in the comic. There is no urgency with anything either, they fill the episode around 1 big special effect shot per episode. And its like why do I care? The whole Sophia, being lost is really old now, who cares about her or the mother? I don't? It's just annoying and boring. Then there is Shane and Andrea. I swear if I have to listen to that crypt keeper old ugly ass bitch, complain about something I'm going to jump into the TV and kill her myself.
Darell is the only interesting character on the show, and acts more like what Rick should have been. And every time I see Rick I just want to shoot myself in the face, the guy is just terrible, I can't tell if it's the direction or the writing for his character but I just hate him. He is no leader, I don't see it, he has no presence on screen. Rick is suppose to be a bad ass, The Duke gets shit done, and doesn't take anyone's shit.

This show had the greatest potential but just screwed the pooch, when it came to deliver.

niko da bos
11-07-2011, 09:59 PM

aside from that zombie in the well, i dont think we had any action that episode. and that scene was just aweful, i was so mad at them for sending glenn into the well. what a stupid plan, i was actually very scared he was going to die like that. one of the few chars i like, and i was very proud when he got booty from the farmers daughter:p. of couse after all is said and done, they just pour the intestines into the water. lmao good job, i wouldnt of drank that water anyway if a zombie was taking a bath.. dude was in there so long his whole body was pruny, like when you take a long bath and your hands are pruny ya know? lol

and ya, sophia either needs to show up or be a zombie next episode. i am so tired of hearing about how "she could of survived on urine and dirt for 2 weeks, its possible!" i liked the show when they were moving around and killing zombies, not partial to the crying / talking / drama. i mean we all know the characters arent too special, and most viewers watch this show for the same reason-zombies.

cHRiSCOe
11-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Bitch is fuckin pregnant!

Auburok
11-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Getting really sick of this show now. I've never experienced a show where all of the characters managed to piss me off save one (Daryl). It's become a high school drama, especially with this last episode.

SPOILERS:

I'm sick of Sophie. Kill her already. She's a little girl, that was dumb enough to not listen to an adult that had a plan to keep her safe. How the hell are the writers expecting to conclude this without making the viewer feel cheated? Either the group is stupid enough for wasting all that time, or we're expected to be stupid enough to believe she is somehow intelligent enough to make it back to the group (if that happens).

Shane needs to run off already. He made such a fuss, and now he's not doing a damn thing. What a pussy. Take the blonde with control issues with you.

I'm done with Lori. I was done with her when she slept with Shane, because her husband had been missing for presumably up to a week and a half/two weeks (probably less). Not much time for grieving. Also, the flashbacks just make her a less likable character each time around. She hated Rick because he wouldn't flip out at her? What the fuck. Psycho whore.

Daryl has managed to be the only likable character, and on top of that, the only one that's made any sense. Yeah, he wanted to save his crack head brother in the beginning; family, after all, right? He seems to be the only wise one, when it comes to survival or common sense. It's becoming harder to believe he'd stick with this group, which might become more believable as his "soft side" opens up in the next episode, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch it.

Rick needs to walk outside the fucking farmhouse.

I'm glad Glenn got laid, as now he's less of a Short Round to me, but that had to have been the most awkward, psycho bitch moment ever. She went from "What the fuck are you thinking?" to "Let's do it" in ten seconds, flat.

The well zombie. Give me a break. The water's already contaminated, and chances are, any nearby water is probably going to be contaminated. Zombie in it, aside, would you trust any water you didn't boil the shit out of, if it wasn't in a sealed bottle at this point? Also, why was the bright idea to stick Glenn in there, when all they needed to do for their idiotic plan was lasso it from above? They went from coyly sneaking through a zombie crowed, smeared with zombie guts, to pulling a waterlogged zombie out of a well by putting an unarmored, unarmed man down the well. Fucking genius.

Liked the first season, but now I just pretend they all died at the end of it. I feel less disappointed this way, so far.

exo-apollo
11-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Haha come on AMC you cancelled Rubicon and renewed this show and The Killing? You better hope Hell on Wheels is decent or all the cred you gathered from Mad Men and Breaking Bad will dwindle.

niko da bos
11-08-2011, 06:52 PM
SPOILERS:

I'm sick of Sophie. Kill her already. She's a little girl, that was dumb enough to not listen to an adult that had a plan to keep her safe. How the hell are the writers expecting to conclude this without making the viewer feel cheated? Either the group is stupid enough for wasting all that time, or we're expected to be stupid enough to believe she is somehow intelligent enough to make it back to the group (if that happens).

Shane needs to run off already. He made such a fuss, and now he's not doing a damn thing. What a pussy. Take the blonde with control issues with you.

I'm done with Lori. I was done with her when she slept with Shane, because her husband had been missing for presumably up to a week and a half/two weeks (probably less). Not much time for grieving. Also, the flashbacks just make her a less likable character each time around. She hated Rick because he wouldn't flip out at her? What the fuck. Psycho whore.

Daryl has managed to be the only likable character, and on top of that, the only one that's made any sense. Yeah, he wanted to save his crack head brother in the beginning; family, after all, right? He seems to be the only wise one, when it comes to survival or common sense. It's becoming harder to believe he'd stick with this group, which might become more believable as his "soft side" opens up in the next episode, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch it.

Rick needs to walk outside the fucking farmhouse.

I'm glad Glenn got laid, as now he's less of a Short Round to me, but that had to have been the most awkward, psycho bitch moment ever. She went from "What the fuck are you thinking?" to "Let's do it" in ten seconds, flat.

The well zombie. Give me a break. The water's already contaminated, and chances are, any nearby water is probably going to be contaminated. Zombie in it, aside, would you trust any water you didn't boil the shit out of, if it wasn't in a sealed bottle at this point? Also, why was the bright idea to stick Glenn in there, when all they needed to do for their idiotic plan was lasso it from above? They went from coyly sneaking through a zombie crowed, smeared with zombie guts, to pulling a waterlogged zombie out of a well by putting an unarmored, unarmed man down the well. Fucking genius.

Liked the first season, but now I just pretend they all died at the end of it. I feel less disappointed this way, so far.

SPOILER RESPONCE :P
wow i agree 100% with all of that. the sophie thing is just silly, and i was hoping she would turn up dead / zombie / alive this episode. like you said its like high school drama, i feel as if im watching 'laguna beach' mixed with some occasional zombies.

i couldnt believe that well scene, everything about it was dumb. would any of the farm residents even drink that water if you told them a zombie was taking a bath for who knows how long? i know i wouldnt, that guy was pruny as hell.

my opinion of shane was tainted after he slept with his best friends / partners wife. especially if i thought my boy was dead, i would never even think about doing that, very low class. then he tries to pursue her while rick is back around, he just seems like he has changed so much since EP1.

maybe we get lucky and the camp / farm gets ambushed by a horde? like when they were chillin by campfire and couple people got bit. its moments like that why people watch the show, we dont care about the character drama. honestly, im hoping they go into the city again or something. if the show doesnt start getting juicy again, i dont know if i can be bothered.

Shinobi273
11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
maybe we get lucky and the camp / farm gets ambushed by a horde? like when they were chillin by campfire and couple people got bit. its moments like that why people watch the show, we dont care about the character drama. honestly, im hoping they go into the city again or something. if the show doesnt start getting juicy again, i dont know if i can be bothered.

Well if they lose 4-5 characters a season, there will only be 2 more seasons before everyone dies. The teaser last week for tonight makes it pretty certain that there will be zombies at the farm house.

SynysterChris
11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
The new episode was pretty good, I rather enjoyed the moral conflict that came in Darrel. Shane, Lori, Rick drama is still getting old and would rather they just move on from that.

The rest is a spoiler so only read if you have seen the episode.

When Darell is a beat up and staggering back into the farm and that stupid bitch Andrea is like I can shoot him. I was like WTF if Darrel dies I'm am going to destroy AMC, thankfully he survived. Also what was up with that line everybody wants to shoot Darrel.??? Whaaa....
Another thing I saw coming was the barn, and them not killing any walkers. It was in the comic and the way Hershel and the others act about killing the zombies and the whole speal about finding a cure some day lead to that conclusion.

Shit I guess I don't know how to do Spoiler tags lol. Any help here peoples.

Wildmn34
11-14-2011, 08:59 AM
I didn't mind tonight episode.

But, I still have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that "something" is missing. I put it in quotes because I really am not sure what it is. Maybe they've been at the farm to long. Maybe the characters are a little stale. I don't know. I am usually not one to complain and not offer up a solution. But, there is really no tension for me like in the first season.

I'll keep watching it. But I hope the "Holy shit" factor comes back.

megamoviejohn
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Incredible how they could fuck this show up but they managed to do it. What a horrible season, I even liked the season opener but since then its been absolute shit. Nothing is happening, nobody cares about the little girl and spending 5 episodes looking for her like my goodness! Like we see 2 zombies an episode and then they just chit chat; don't get me started on how all the women are worthless thanks to horrible writing. All they do is cook, clean, whine, contemplate suicide, shoot their own, get abused by men, cry some more and then a little more.

It seems quite obvious Frank Darabont is no longer part of the show or it wouldn't suck so much ass right now. LOVED season 1, enjoyed the opener but every episode since has been so awful which makes me so sad.

EliteShadowMan
11-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Finally some people are starting to notice how bad this shows starting to get. I can't believe it to be honest either. Season opener was good and then after a few more episodes, they're still searching for sophie? give me a fucking break. Leave that dumbass little girl and get going!

niko da bos
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
When Darell is a beat up and staggering back into the farm and that stupid bitch Andrea is like I can shoot him. I was like WTF if Darrel dies I'm am going to destroy AMC, thankfully he survived. Also what was up with that line everybody wants to shoot Darrel.??? Whaaa....
Another thing I saw coming was the barn, and them not killing any walkers. It was in the comic and the way Hershel and the others act about killing the zombies and the whole speal about finding a cure some day lead to that conclusion.

Shit I guess I don't know how to do Spoiler tags lol. Any help here peoples.

:p auburok made a good spoiler tag earlier in the page, maybe he can stop by again and shed some light on the situation. i personally always fail whenever i try making those, i've even read the tutorial several times.

ANDREA / DARYL

ya that whole scene with daryl half dead was kind of scaring me, i was worrying they would kill off the only usefull character. when he was daydreaming his big brother (mertyl) i was so suprised, actually thought that was real for a second. thankfully he got out alive, what a hardass.
^^
but WTF andrea is still my least fav character, she shoots him after everybody is like "no dumbass we dont need all that noise for 1 zombie."
"but this is my first kill! faq you guys im linin up this shot, back off old man." she even smiled after she pulled the trigger, even i knew it was daryl the second he was limping while holding a weapon.. she is just worthless, im beggining to wonder if the show would of been better off had her sister lived and not her.

EPISODE ENDING

never read the comics or anything, but for some reason i had a feeling about that shed full of zombies. was kind of surprised farmers daughter wanted to get booty again, but didnt have enough time to read what glen wrote back on the note. eventually when they ran to the farmhouse i understood.

atleast the shed full of walkers leaves some promise to the show now. no damn way we dont see action next episode. im hoping they just go on the top balcony and lite those bastards up, lol. or even better tell andrea that she can practice on "live targets." get her all involved while killing walkers down there, then "whoops" push her in:p. bye bye

Howarzd
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
i have to say i still like this show, even though it has kind of gone stagnant. They were all over going to that army base after leaving the cdc and then the first episode they get stuck on the road and ever since then its been like a drama. This person may die, this one is missing, this one is pregnant but is it his or his, this one wants to die. I say they should just get a move on and try to go somewhere.
The season preview that aired at the end of the first episode made it look like so much was going to happen, but as yet there hasnt been much :S