PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Multiplayer Focus?

Dathcha
06-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Hey all...

How does everyone here feel about the aparent heavy focus on making this a great multiplayer game?
I myself am not a big multiplayer fan (probably because I suck rather a lot at most FPS and TPS games :() and I find it a little off-putting that most media for this game keep hyping up the multiplayer so much...

The achievement too are a rather large multiplayer part :( (For a completionist at least)

I assume many people love multiplayer, but how do you all feel about the division in this game? The way the developers talk it almost sounds like this time it's the single-player campaign that's tacked on instead of the normal 'multiplayer tacked on' issues in games...

Spawnus
06-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not sure if you watched any of the Interviews but alot of them state that when they started creating this game Multiplayer was the very 1st thing they started with and want Transformer fans to really enjoy the Multiplayer, but i'm pretty sure that the Campaigns will be very very good as well.

Dathcha
06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I did watch a lot of the interviews yeah (maybe even all, who knows)... And I do hope the single-player campaign will be good (fairly sure it will be)... But all this focus on multiplayer, it's just putting me off the game... And now (if I heard right) the demo that is coming for the game is an online multiplayer demo... ARGH...

Maybe I'm just SOoL :(

Oh well, I hope everyone else really enjoys the game :)

Cypher_Cobra
06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
It's a great idea. You pay $60 for an XB360 or PS3 game, multiplayer gives you hours of gameplay which are crucial for getting your money's worth. Most games have like 10-15 hours of gameplay and they're done, some have replay value some don't. WFC has insanely fun multiplayer shooting and I've already put a lot of hours into the demo, I can see the hours of gameplay returns easily paying this game off 2 or 3 times at least.

Mugen NSX RR
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Like you, I completely suck at FPS's but the multiplayer achievements for this game are not that bad. I mean, you level up pretty fast so making it to 25 with all classes really won't take THAT long.

Keltic Rage
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Like you, I completely suck at FPS's but the multiplayer achievements for this game are not that bad. I mean, you level up pretty fast so making it to 25 with all classes really won't take THAT long.

You level up really fast on the demo, I doubt you will rank at the same rate on the retail version.

Soulflyy
06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Nah i love the fact it has multiplayer it kinda gets old with the whole army fps games

now i'm a giant machine shooting rockets! haha :P

neubourn
06-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Looking at the acheevos, it would appear that there are 10 chapters in SP, which isnt too bad really, plus escalation (Horde) mode, and the focus on MP, so basically it is very similar to GOW2

Fuzz83
06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
you have to remember there are also two story modes, autobots and decepticons, so having two storys is nice. I stink at multiplayer too but its still fun for the most part.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-18-2010, 05:08 AM
well they did a pretty good job on the MP, but I'm hoping the SP is good aswell.. if so i'll pick the game up.

Cypher_Cobra
06-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Single Players looks to be 10 missions, 5 for each faction. And it looks like there's 3 difficulties.

If the mission play time is something like Halo which is also roughly 10 missions usually, then it will provide a good amount of hours of gameplay. Co-op and playing as famous transformers that have very different abilities helps a lot too. Lastly there's also escalation for people who want to PvE more.