PDA

View Full Version : Any requests / suggestions for writing guides?

sanger
06-09-2010, 06:07 AM
I've done a couple of guides for this type of game in the past and planning for this over the weekend.

Based on my previous works, just let me know if you thought it would have been better if it had this kind of information or anything that would have been useful to you but missing in the guides.

Your constructive criticism to help improve my guide writing skills would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sangriaz

PS. I will be referring to a walkthrough for the PC version of the game so if anybody wants to start playing and help me figure out the achievements... click below for the link to the walkthrough:

http://www.foolmaker.net/game/t/wlo.html

Minty
06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Have just ordered this ( I think :p) so a guide would be really good. My copy won't be here for a while, but will help if you need it then.

As long as it covers any menu settings needed, paths needed and a rough time frame, that should be good :)

Cheers in advance for the guide ;)

sanger
06-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Thanks for your encouragement. Means a lot coming from you, Minty. :)

Definitely I plan to get a screen capture of any menu settings as well as captures for pause menu, save/load screens, etc that may or may not be easy to navigate without knowing Japanese.

Another improvement that I plan is to just give you the choice #. So, if 3 choices are given and you have to choose the 2nd one, I will just write "2. second choice description". Although it's no big deal to compare the Kanji characters and find the right choice, it makes it so much easier/simpler to know that you are looking for the 1st/2nd/or 3rd choice.

I'm not sure how the game plays but I will also be recording the whole thing and if I feel that there is a need for a video, I plan to put them in the guide. It seems like a video guide is wasteful, but maybe an introductory video of just one character's playthrough or something like that to show what the game is like could be helpful for those on the fence about buying this just for gamerscore whoring.

Minty
06-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Yeah, a video of one playthrough is a great idea. Would answer a lot of peoples questions like "OMG WTF is this game' etc in one quick go. Plus with no screenshots etc available for the site to put up, if we had a gameplay video then that would be something at least.

A translation of all the achievemnts would be helpful as well- the only one that made sense to me is the 120 point for seeing all endings. I guess the secret 100 point achievements are 'finish game with xxxx', but the rest I can't work out lol.

sanger
06-11-2010, 03:08 AM
My Japanese is just elementary level so full translation is going to be hard, but I will try to include it for completeness. (maybe get my friend who speaks fluent Japanese to help out).

oO CurrY Oo
06-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Id appreciate a guide aswell

sanger
06-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Id appreciate a guide aswell

Thanks for showing the appreciation, but it wasn't a question about whether you wanted a guide. It was a question about what you wanted included in the guide that I'll be writing. I'd appreciate you taking the time to read the post.

Da CRU Mughhh
06-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I'll let you know how the guide is, Minty is shipping me his copy Some time this weekend or early next week! Thanks for the guide and I'm sure it's just fine!

Will keep you posted! you should do one for Deathsmiles2 I know it's not a dating game but hell i can't figure out what to do in it, to get the rest of the achievements!

sanger
06-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I'll let you know how the guide is, Minty is shipping me his copy Some time this weekend or early next week! Thanks for the guide and I'm sure it's just fine!

Will keep you posted! you should do one for Deathsmiles2 I know it's not a dating game but hell i can't figure out what to do in it, to get the rest of the achievements!

Thanks, let me know what you think.

I heard that DeathSmiles 2X is a rather easy 1000, and very easy 940 so I might try my hands on it. However, I also read that there is a glitch that prevents some people from getting the hardest achievement in the game, making them stuck at 960/1000, so I may wait for a patch.

I love shoot'em ups but I also tend to avoid most of them because when I play them, I have to try and 1 life the game or 1 coin the game. In my university days I played so much that I was able to 1 coin Donpachi, DoDonpachi and Raiden but don't have as much time to play games any more. :)