PDA

View Full Version : whats it like?

sardonixs
06-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Just read a couple off reviews and the game is getting around 8/10. The main down sides seem to be its a bit buggy, the rider cup could be better and its starting to feel a bit same old same old.

What do you guys who have been playing think of it ?

JohnnyRogue24
06-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Just read a couple off reviews and the game is getting around 8/10. The main down sides seem to be its a bit buggy, the rider cup could be better and its starting to feel a bit same old same old.

What do you guys who have been playing think of it ?

I also think it's similiar to 2010, but I like it so far. The one thing that I liked the most is TeamPlay. When you get a good amount of people in the game (24 max), it's fun.

Other points I liked were: The Ryder Cup, better ways to customize your clubs to your liking, and the ability to use focus. That's all I have gone through so far with the game.

I've been playing Tiger Woods games since 2004 and have always enjoyed them. It's a nice break from all the shooter games I normally play.

tazmad
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Well I think it is Awesome but I may be bias as I have a week of work every year to play it. There are a few minor glitches in the game but nothing major at this stage. Overall looks slightly more polished than 2010 with some cool new features and modes. That's all I have to say on it at this stage. I have only been playing for 8 hours.

Minty
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
The final game is a lot better than the demo was IMO.

Thelorn
06-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I think it's the best tiger out.

Stewie Griffin2
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Hands down the best Tiger game. They've added a lot of things in that make the game more user friendly, as well as added in some things to make it more challenging. They don't have the stupid $5 mil achievement, and the skills challenges are nowhere near as hard as they were last year. Also much easier to level your golfer this year (IMO) than in past years with the new XP system.

So far it's been a blast.

Jimmy Taw
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
It's same old same old in terms of courses/graphics/animations/commentators. There are a few new/fantasy courses but nothing to get too excited about.

The real treat for me is the new True-Aim feature. You can zoom to your target but you can only see yardages and the slope (lay) of the land. I don't think you can use focus in this mode (correct me if I'm wrong) and when you take your shot the camera stays from your golfer's perspective which makes adding spin extremely difficult because you can't really see where the ball is gonna land.

Basically, it's about as true a golf sim as you can get without using a wii-mote. So if that's what you're looking for I say get it. It's the next best thing to hitting the links for real.

sardonixs
06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
From what I've played in the demo I agree the true aim has improved the game a lot.

Has the focus part of the game stopped people from power hitting and spinning the ball to redicuasly low scores, I hope so might give average games like me a chance to get a bit further up the leader boards ;)

tazmad
06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
From what I've played in the demo I agree the true aim has improved the game a lot.

Has the focus part of the game stopped people from power hitting and spinning the ball to redicuasly low scores, I hope so might give average games like me a chance to get a bit further up the leader boards ;)

I'm afraid focus will not stop people getting low scores, Most of the guys up the top have mad skills. If anything focus may help get lower score for some people because you are now not limited to 1 putt preview if you have enough focus.