PDA

View Full Version : doom pc "jumps"

k0nk3yd0ng2
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
having played this originally on the pc, i am used to being able to do those strafe jumps to platforms that seem close enough in order to complete faster times for particular levels...has anyone else had more trouble than usual with these, ive noticed in circle of death and inner dens that i cant make the jumps ive made on the pc, and was curious if they removed that ability from this xbox live version...

if anyone knows the jumps im talking about, they are common for speed runs, please leave me an answer so i can stop wasting my time or get my act together...

AshleyBazSivorn
06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
having played this originally on the pc, i am used to being able to do those strafe jumps to platforms that seem close enough in order to complete faster times for particular levels...has anyone else had more trouble than usual with these, ive noticed in circle of death and inner dens that i cant make the jumps ive made on the pc, and was curious if they removed that ability from this xbox live version...

if anyone knows the jumps im talking about, they are common for speed runs, please leave me an answer so i can stop wasting my time or get my act together...
Apparently the strafe is a bit slower than the pc version which could be the reason for the strafe jumps not working.

ktilla23
06-09-2010, 08:56 PM
The xbla versions of doom 1 and 2 have bad strafe jumping and running, so you cant get as good of a time, and the jumps are way harder than the pc version.

Evil Dobermann
06-10-2010, 03:21 AM
I've had trouble with strafe jumping in Doom I Ep 4 before. But I've been able to do at least 80% of the "platform-strafe-jump-tricks" on the xbla-versions of Doom I+II. You need many many many tries to do jumps that you can perform on the pc while sleeping.

MakoBallistic
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
try firing off all your ammo to make you lighter! lol