PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You Having Trouble with The 50ft Putt Achievement

JohnnyRogue24
06-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Just follow these settings below and the achievement is yours.

From the main menu, go to "Play Now." Adjust the settings to:

Golfer: Tiger Woods(you can also use your own created golfer, if you have your putting attributes up in the 90's)
Course: St. Andrews
Weather: Sunny
Wind: Calm
Tee Select: White
Green Speed: Average
Green Hardness: Medium
Mulligans: Off
*Only change the settings that I stated above.

You can get this acheivement right on the first hole of St. Andrews. As you approach the green, aim for the right side of the green, where the grid is green. Once you get it there, use you putt preview and sink the putt. Remember to make sure that the putt is at least 50ft or more away from the hole.

*Note: If you miss your putt, you can restart or you can keep playing because the rest of the course has huge greens where you can almost get this achievement on any hole of the course.

Achievement unlocks as soon as you make the putt and not when you finish the round.

Goots 88
06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
I did pretty much the same thing, except chose 5 hole St. Andrews. The green is like 5,000 feet x 3,000 feet and completely flat.

*** just a note though, be sure not to use any focus on your drive or approach shot because when you play only 1 hole from custom hole select you only start that hole w/ a sliver of focus

Mr Franchise 42
06-10-2010, 07:08 AM
You can turn Mulligans ON. I did it on the first hole at St Andrews and purposely biffed shots until I was 50 ft away. Then lined up and putted. If I missed, I just hit B until it went in then cha-ching....cheevo unlocked. Hope this helped.

JohnnyRogue24
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
You can turn Mulligans ON. I did it on the first hole at St Andrews and purposely biffed shots until I was 50 ft away. Then lined up and putted. If I missed, I just hit B until it went in then cha-ching....cheevo unlocked. Hope this helped.

Oh really? I had the presumption since last year's Tiger Woods, that if you turn mulligans on, it automatically disables achievements. That's good to know for people that are having trouble with this achievement.

MrRuffles
06-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks, worked great.

KingSigy
06-12-2010, 02:38 AM
You guys don't actually have to worry about this achievement if you're going for the Challenge Mode completion. You have to sink a 61 ft Putt with Tiger, so you are guaranteed the achievement eventually.

Greendisease
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Definitely east on St. A... got several cheevos playing the whole round and a whole mess of trophy balls...

west_15ryan
06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Just follow these settings below and the achievement is yours.

From the main menu, go to "Play Now." Adjust the settings to:

Golfer: Tiger Woods(you can also use your own created golfer, if you have your putting attributes up in the 90's)
Course: St. Andrews
Weather: Sunny
Wind: Calm
Tee Select: White
Green Speed: Average
Green Hardness: Medium
Mulligans: Off
*Only change the settings that I stated above.

You can get this acheivement right on the first hole of St. Andrews. As you approach the green, aim for the right side of the green, where the grid is green. Once you get it there, use you putt preview and sink the putt. Remember to make sure that the putt is at least 50ft or more away from the hole.

*Note: If you miss your putt, you can restart or you can keep playing because the rest of the course has huge greens where you can almost get this achievement on any hole of the course.

Achievement unlocks as soon as you make the putt and not when you finish the round.

Thanks for the tip I just got it but when I took my first shot aimed it far right and 101 in power it went into that little dip thing into the water and then on my next shot it dropped the ball 61 feet away almost a straight line I sunk it and cheevo unlocked

PSonic
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the tip! Btw, having mulligans on does work for this achievement.

NOSAJ89
07-11-2010, 02:57 AM
thanks tht wurked great :D!