PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Has anybody ever heard, or listened to Power Metal (bands such as Helloween, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, etc.)? All of my friends and relatives say they have not and I would like to know if anyone else does. I just wanna know because i listen to this stuff.

Sabrelord
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Don't wanna sound "smart ass" but......of course!
Both German bands from Hamburg. ;)

Helloween is still around, and Running Wild started mid 70s untill they split up last year .

I'm not into that kind of old rock though, more stuff like Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or Stevie Ray Vaughan from time to time

You might also like
Bling Guardian - German Epic-nordic-Metal band , probably the best and international most popular of them.
They did also some nice Beach Boys covers or this here xD
Some of the best metal covers around.

YouTube- Blind Guardian-Mirror Mirror live at Wacken 2007 HQ

YouTube- BLIND GUARDIAN - Mr Sandman

YouTube- BLIND GUARDIAN - SURFIN' USA

ApochWeiss
06-11-2010, 04:58 AM
*points to sig*

Yo.

Getting paid today and plan to pick up the new Dream Evil, and a used copy of Sonata Arctica the lady found the other day at FYE for $6.

I suggest you check out a band called Magica.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=13291

Just got their latest album from AFM records to review for the zine, I'm tackling a review of it next. I'm greatly impressed. Kinda like old school Nightwish but without the operatic elements, and much softer female vocal style. Worth checking out.

Don Dunckel
06-15-2010, 04:54 AM
If you're into Power Metal, I can recommend Sonata Arctica, Sabaton and Falconer to you.

YouTube- Sonata Arctica - Black Sheep

YouTube- Sabaton Primo Victoria

YouTube- Falconer - Mindtraveller

I think Hammerfall and Dragonforce will be known by everyone who knows what Power Metal is.
If you like it a bit more progressive, I can recommend Wuthering Heights. They play a mixture of power, progressive and folk metal. They're one of my many personal favourites.

YouTube- Wuthering Heights -Faith - Apathy Divine Part I
YouTube- Wuthering Heights - Snow - Apathy Divine Part II

Afro Ninja
06-15-2010, 04:42 PM
A lot of people know power metal!

D4RKXPOW3R
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Another great band is Stratovarius

YouTube- Stratovarius - Eternity

YouTube- Stratovarius - Dreamspace

YouTube- Stratovarius - Black Diamond