3 Inches of Blood
Mastodon
Rev Theory

BedCommando
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Stop trolling, you're bad at it.

KIDDRAGON67
06-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Did you have to make 3 threads in 15 minutes in the same section? You missed System of a down!

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Hey if you looked at my other thread, i said "Am I the only one who thinks System of a Down sucks?"

KIDDRAGON67
06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey if you looked at my other thread, i said "Am I the only one who thinks System of a Down sucks?"

Yea, and you made a thread about heavy metal and added a poll asking peoples opinions on which is best you should add every band possible. I know some people who consider heaps of other bands to be heavy metal and System of a down is one of them. Or at least add an option for "other", not everyone likes the things you like, it's called an opinion by the way.

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Yea, and you made a thread about heavy metal and added a poll asking peoples opinions on which is best you should add every band possible. I know some people who consider heaps of other bands to be heavy metal and System of a down is one of them. Or at least add an option for "other", not everyone likes the things you like, it's called an opinion by the way.

look if they don't like the thread i posted they dont have to respond to it, its an option,and opinion. And in my opinion System of a Down sucks, i hate them, literally. I hate them and that's my opinion, let everyone have their own opinions.

KIDDRAGON67
06-10-2010, 08:55 AM
look if they don't like the thread i posted they dont have to respond to it, its an option,and opinion. And in my opinion System of a Down sucks, i hate them, literally. I hate them and that's my opinion, let everyone have their own opinions.

Ok then let me have my opinion, System of a down is one of the greatest metal bands to date. Also what was the point with this thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235135

Edit:
Also whats the point of this thread anyway? You made a thread called Heavy Metal than you made a new one called New Heavy Metal which is completely different with what you have said in both, their is a button called the edit button, i used it just then.

Edit:
I just checked your profile and might i say, good luck killing everyone and breaking people who challenge you to a clan matchs nose. Serioulsy does the "96" in your name stand for the fact you were born in 1996, because if it does then that answers all my questions.

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Look i put one for older heavy metal and newer heavy metal, that's why there's 2.

KIDDRAGON67
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Look i put one for older heavy metal and newer heavy metal, that's why there's 2.

Yea, and ever thought of saying that in your title and in your original post? Or even combining the both into one huge Metalhead thread?

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
no the 096 in my profile is just random numbers i picked to fill out the max amount of digits in my username, i was not born in 1996.

And i said "i will break your nose "Flufftown", not everyone.

Volzagia
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
There are very few decent New metal bands out there.
Swashbuckle are awesome and fairly new but this list is awful.
They will never compare to the greats like PanterA

KIDDRAGON67
06-10-2010, 09:15 AM
no the 096 in my profile is just random numbers i picked to fill out the max amount of digits in my username, i was not born in 1996.

And i said "i will break your nose "Flufftown", not everyone.

Well i'm sorry, it's kinda hard to know who this Flufftown is. With this day and age people make up random words with different and completly bizzare reasons every minute.

P.S Good luck killing everyone.

A J
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
On that list theres only Disturbed that are even decent .

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Flufftown is a player on xbox live, i never cared if anybody knew who he was, and to all the people posting replies, i know these bands dont come close to comparing with judas priest and metallica and so on but in my opinion, i only listen to a few songs from these bands, except for that i listen to disturbed and airbourne more.

Starstrukk X360A
06-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Drowning Pool?
New?
lolno.

Besides. Ever since their original lead singer died, the band's gone to shit.

whysoserious096
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Drowning Pool?
New?
lolno.

I mean more recent bands. Although i do agree with the fact that since the lead singer died it has not been nearly as good.

NightUlf
06-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Disturbed is a great band, but I would not say that they are 'new'.

Iconoclast
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
There's a few in that list that I wouldn't consider to be "new" at all.

But out of the list, my favourites are Mastodon and Disturbed. Can't say I like everything by them, but there's enough songs that I do like for me to say that they're worth listening to :)

Pootcrum
06-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Poor list IMHO. Bit of personal advice, take it or not I don't care, but lots of random threads and polls about stuff that is usually discussed Ad Nauseum without adding any level of insight whatsoever such as "Am I the only one who thinks SOAD sucks" and "I have 16000 kills in GTAIV" tends to build a reputation about yourself. Just throwing it out there.

In that list I guess I'd have to pick Mastodon, but its like a douche or a turd sandwich to me.

Burning Karma
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Drowning Pool?
New?
lolno.

Pretty right. They're a decent band now that changes their singer with every new CD. Their best was definitely with Dave Williams.

Anyways, I guess my favorite out of this is either Disturbed or Godsmack. But I pretty much like them all, except for Saliva and 3 Inches of Blood.

milecoupe
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Need a none/other option next time

If i had to pick thought it'd be between

Disturbed or Mastodon.

ApochWeiss
06-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Did you have to make 3 threads in 15 minutes in the same section? You missed System of a down!

Don't worry. Mastodon and 3 Inches of Blood are the only bands one could really consider Heavy Metal in that list anyhow. In fact, if you wanna get technical, 3 Inches of Blood is the only band in the Heavy Metal style :D Mastodon is more of a Sludge Metal outfit.

But I won't get into semantics since this thread is full of fail. Don't get me wrong, I like Disturbed and have all but one of their CDs. Same with Drowning Pool but only the first CD, never heard anything after the original singer passed away, just not the same in my opinion.

Either way, vote went to 3IoB.

BTW OP: If you mean the "style" of music being "New Heavy Metal" and not necessarily that the bands listed are of your standards for Heavy Metal and new to the scene, the term was dropped. It was actually Nu-Metal, but now everyone refers to it as Mallcore. Of that, 3IoB and Mastodon do not fall in it. Just trying to figure out why you list a lot of their nu-metal/"mallcore" acts as new heavy metal bands, especially considering all but two aren't really metal, more a post hard rock kinda style, as well as considering how long many of them have been around, especially friggin' Sevendust. Oldest band on the list if memory serves me correct.

edit:
I mean more recent bands.

Overlooked that post. Yeah, the thread title is just misleading and now I understand what you're asking everyone. Of those MORE FAMOUS bands, which one is your favorite. Right?

A ZombieTwinkie
06-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Drowning Pool?
New?
lolno.

This.

Anymore, their Soil to me now, not Drowning Pool.

And Disturbed isn't new. All their stuff sounds almost exactly the same since Down With the Sickness.

And as for the rest of the list... Well, I don't think I'm going to even bother.

Expyrious
06-11-2010, 06:00 AM
The only good one in this list is Mastodon..
And that's not "New Heavy Metal" it's sludge.
To be exact "Progressive Sludge Metal" or something like that.

Sampson
06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Probably. And where's the "Other" option? I wanna choose SOAD!

Metapocalips
06-13-2010, 11:48 PM
I think I would have to go with disturbed or godsmack.

Don Dunckel
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd go with Airbourne and 3 Inches Of Blood, because they actually sound like Old School Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.

I would sort neither of them under the genre called Nu Metal, however. Bit since you ask about New Heavy Metal, I'll let it pass^^

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM

He missed a lot. Slipknot, 5FDP, etc. etc.

mileko101
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
id say disturbed, but i like ozzy and priest better

Coadster1
06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Out of those, Disturbed FTW! Mastodon would come in second. But Slipknot beats them all, IMO.

xtreme2252
06-18-2010, 04:49 PM
3 Inches of Blood is the only good one on there. Other than Mastodon, the rest are absolutely terrible

*edit* ESPECIALLY godsmack

sm1 smackdown
06-30-2010, 11:11 PM
For some reason i voted for godsmack. I mean I like them but I like disturbed better so I don't know why I choose godsmack over disturbed.:(

P.S. you should've put system of a down on there.

B1GM13
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry Sorry... it may of been addressed elsewere in this thread but i just wanted to say one thing...

New Heavy Metal?

over half of these bands have been around for years... Disturbed, Saliva, Drowning Pool, Godsmack... i used to listen to these guys 8 years ago back at school.

Poida
07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Airbournes more rock.
I went with Disturbed.

M85A21
07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Since when were any of those bands New Metal?

katesith
07-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Need a none/other option next time

If i had to pick thought it'd be between

Disturbed or Mastodon.
Like! This man is smart.

Afro Ninja
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM
First off, it's called Nu Metal. Unless, of course you mean bands that have recently formed. Second off, Nu metal and Rap metal are the worst sub-genres of Heavy Metal. The only Nu metal band that I respect and actually like is Disturbed, but then again, I don't really consider them Nu metal.

He missed a lot. Slipknot, 5FDP, etc. etc.
Five Finger Death Punch aren't Nu Metal.

Burning Karma
07-08-2010, 02:44 AM
First off, it's called Nu Metal. Unless, of course you mean bands that have recently formed. Second off, Nu metal and Rap metal are the worst sub-genres of Heavy Metal. The only Nu metal band that I respect and actually like is Disturbed, but then again, I don't really consider them Nu metal.
I think he was going for new, as in recently formed. Either way, the OP fails.

Vercis
07-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Where's the option none?

Also wtf "new HEAVY metal" ?

There's just Heavy Metal... which rules!

/m\

Aeope
07-09-2010, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't call most of those bands HEAVY metal. Godsmack is Hard Rock in my opinion. Where's Shadows Fall? :p

vladimir_nightshade
07-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I saw Saliva suport Stone Sour once. The fact that an "accomplished" US band were supporting a side project kinda says it all really. They weren't that good.

Noddlez
07-15-2010, 02:40 AM
This thread should be locked. He trolled, and the bands he named are Nu Metal. They are not new anyways. Besides, the only good band in that list is Mastodon, Sludge Metal. End of story. :locked

K-Will
07-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Dude where the hell is Rise Against?

Neverender
07-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Dude... Rise Against is in no way, shape, or form heavy or nu metal. They're punk, and some of their older stuff is hardcore punk.

And on topic, I don't like nu metal, and like very little heavy metal (no offense to everyone that does). I'm more of a post-hardcore or metalcore kinda guy.

SHADY
07-15-2010, 04:43 AM
When you say "new" Heavy Metal band, you should think about a specific time frame for which you are posting... Such as 5-10 years, or maybe even less... Anyways enough of my ranting. Disturbed is very good, you can tell that they put a lot of though into all of their music, but I guess we'll have to see how their new album comes out eh? As for more recent bands, A Day to Remember is pretty sick, along with As I Lay Dying, Silent Civilian, and the new August Burns Red album wasn't too bad... Oh, and anyone who hasn't heard the new 'Scream' album by Ozzy should go check it out... The song 'Diggin' Me Down' is an epic. Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater was AMAZING. I could go on and on... =]

SHADY
07-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Dude where the hell is Rise Against?

It's kind of hard to list Rise Against as Metal... Its a little soft and punky for that title... Don't get me wrong, I love Rise Against, in fact I went and saw them last year with AFI (worst performance I think that I have ever seen btw), 30 Seconds to Mars, Anberlin and Thrice. AFI just blows, but overall it was a hell of a show... Definitely not a metal show though. =]

Something more like Bullet For My Valentine is what is missing from this list... The new album is pretty sweet.

stabyourcat
07-16-2010, 01:38 AM
This thread should be locked. He trolled, and the bands he named are Nu Metal. They are not new anyways. Besides, the only good band in that list is Mastodon, Sludge Metal. End of story. :locked

Apparently the only smart one in this thread. Other than Mastodon and old 3 Inches, there is not a singe non-terrible band in that list.