PDA

View Full Version : The new MK 9 trailer is BRUTAL!

xSeifer13x
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
This is finally what we've been asking for. No more crappy-confusing 3D controls. No more toned down violence to make the pre-teens parents happy. Just straight up beating the shit out of each other and finishing them as only Mortal Kombatants can. All the while doing it in a beautiful 2D style. Check out the trailer and get ready to cream your pants and I'm not talking about Little Debbie Snack Cakes.

YouTube- OFFICIAL MORTAL KOMBAT 9 TRAILER!!!

H0p3sfalL
06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
looks cool. But will pass... really burnt out on MK

Deadly Moves
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks ok.. lets hope they go back to the more traditional MK. We havent really had a good MK game since MKII

BillyKlyde
06-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow the lack of enthusiasm from you guys is sad. This looks insane, I can't wait for this!

xSeifer13x
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
looks cool. But will pass... really burnt out on MK

Then why are you on a Mortal Kombat message board? Admit it, somewhere deep down you still love and play it.

Looks ok.. lets hope they go back to the more traditional MK. We havent really had a good MK game since MKII

I'm not sure if we watched the same trailer or perhaps you might not have been looking at the computer screen when that Victoria's Secret commerical was on. But here's a bit of info on this new Mortal Kombat 9.

1st article[/COLOR] (http://kotaku.com/5560005/new-mortal-kombat-coming-will-be-gory?skyline=true&s=i), 2nd article (http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mortal-kombat-trailer-is-pure-brutality?skyline=true&s=i)]
[quote]A new Mortal Kombat is on the way. And fatalities are back.

Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment just revealed that the famous fighting franchise will return on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2011 in a new MK that will be played in 2D.

The company says that the game will include extensive online play, a "tag-team" game option that supports up to four players in two-person teams and "the deepest story mode of any fighting game." The game will also support classic 1 vs. 1 combat. The graphics engine is said to be brand-new.

MK creator Ed Boon is overseeing the project, which is in development at the new MK-centric NetherRealm Studios in Chicago. "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding," Boon said in a press release, "mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"

Mortal Kombat was last seen in video game form in 2008's Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, a T-rated game that toned down the series' classic violence so that Superman could tangle with Sub-Zero and friends.

The trailer for the new Mortal Kombat game shows a true return to form, with 2D battles, tag-team fighting, gory inside-look combos, and fatalities so cruel you'll be crossing your legs with sympathy pains.

This is the Mortal Kombat fans have been craving. No complicated 3D camera. No toned-down violence to cater to the teen crowd. Just 1-on-1 fighting with the sort of brutal violence that drew fans to the series in the first place.

I especially like the inside-look combo that occurs towards the end of the trailer, peeling back layers of flesh and muscle to show the impact of hits directly on the bones. It's nasty and satisfying at the same time.

We'll just try not to think about the fact that Kung Lao is now wearing a hat covered in Sub-Zero's testicle blood.

ChewyTheJuggalo
06-10-2010, 06:12 PM
FUCK YES. But where is Scorpion? I recall him being Ed Boon's favorite character so he should be in the trailer no?

H0p3sfalL
06-10-2010, 06:14 PM
lol idk its just like SF. Play one you play them all. Just the graphics keep geting better over the years. :p

Clavy
06-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Hopefully it will go back how it was used to be, bloody and great :D.

BillyKlyde
06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
lol idk its just like SF. Play one you play them all. Just the graphics keep geting better over the years. :p

MK is not copying SF, they're simply doing what the fans have been asking for for a long time. To go back to the games 2D roots. Just because SFIV is like that doesn't mean anything. And play one play em' all? Not true, every fighting game out there is unique in a least some small way. MK is known for it's crazy combos. MK3 might be the best 2D fighter of all time if only for it's combo system, no other game had it that good at the time.

FUCK YES. But where is Scorpion? I recall him being Ed Boon's favorite character so he should be in the trailer no?

I think they're just teasing, you CAN'T have an MK game without Scorpion. Even if they did though I think the backlash from the fans would be so great that they would have to add him through DLC or something lol.

A Satyr
06-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Nothin like balls first on the buzzsaw...

Dalagrath
06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
OMG, I not only creamed, but I cried. I hope they make sub-zero faster than annihilation. I hate slow sub-zero.

ChewyTheJuggalo
06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I think they're just teasing, you CAN'T have an MK game without Scorpion. Even if they did though I think the backlash from the fans would be so great that they would have to add him through DLC or something lol.

Didn't one of the MK's on GBA not have Scorpion?

BillyKlyde
06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah but a lot of handheld MK games didn't have important characters, mostly because they weren't very good ports.

hydrosugar
09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
i guess im happy so long as they dont sell their souls for a "T" rating again the blood and 'fatalities' if u wanna call them that were awful in mk vs dcu