PDA

View Full Version : first video of rock band 3 - with keyboard!

preppypoof
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5375-Rock-Band-3-Details-Unleashed.html

Spade422
06-11-2010, 02:03 AM
you can all hate on me and everything, but i will let you know that i am a true veteran of rock band. i have played their games to their full extent and loved every single one of them. i have been there since the beginning.

this video kind of disappointed me. the game looks like its starting to lose its edge. sure the keyboard looks great and all the added stuff will be fun, but i feel like harmonix is moving too far away from their original concept and not keeping it simple.

that being said, i will still buy it the day its released, and i could end up totally wrong. this game might be like gh4 or a video game "blockbuster".

also, how are they going to do keyboard if you can only have 4 controllers plugged in?

preppypoof
06-11-2010, 05:47 PM
sure the keyboard looks great and all the added stuff will be fun, but i feel like harmonix is moving too far away from their original concept and not keeping it simple.
I don't think harmonix ever wanted to make it simple. They want a true as experience as you can get - just look at what "pro mode" is going to be. it sounds like I'm excited for this game for the exact reasons that you're not.

also, how are they going to do keyboard if you can only have 4 controllers plugged in?
my guess is that if any instruments are plugged in, one of them "controls" the microphones. So, when choosing a song, difficulty, etc., one of the instruments will pick their own settings, then pick the microphone settings.

edit: wow, look at this. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/showimg-7/ looks like in pro mode, you have to play the REAL PART as if it were a real guitar.

...the achievements for this could be off-the-charts insane.

normalipromise
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
One of Harmonix's mission statements it to use video games as a tool for real musicians, and to teach non-musicians.

I'd say they're slowly but surely reaching their goals.

SnakeChips
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Keyboard looks amazing. I can't wait for RB3. But just to get the keyboard and game will be $130!

Otaaffe
06-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm saving now and hopefully when it comes out I'll have enough to get the whole bundle.

Iconoclast
06-14-2010, 01:50 PM
It looks like it'll be fun, and I'm sure I'll play it from time to time, but I think I'll be sticking to guitar and vocals for the most part. Just like the RB drums, I'd much rather play my real drumkit (and now keyboard) than these plastic ones. There's something about the guitar, though; even though it's nothing like playing on my Takamine it's oddly fun. I guess the same can be said for every instrument depending on who you are :)

The keyboard isn't the main reason I'll be getting RB3 - I love the series and am looking forward to the new setlist as well as features. Can't wait.

Otaaffe
06-15-2010, 06:04 AM
wow, look at this. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/showimg-7/ looks like in pro mode, you have to play the REAL PART as if it were a real guitar.

I hope they don't make the achievements too insane. After a few years playing RB I still have trouble with some expert songs and trying to gold star something in pro mode looks like it would take a lot of practice.

Spade422
06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't think harmonix ever wanted to make it simple. They want a true as experience as you can get - just look at what "pro mode" is going to be. it sounds like I'm excited for this game for the exact reasons that you're not.

my guess is that if any instruments are plugged in, one of them "controls" the microphones. So, when choosing a song, difficulty, etc., one of the instruments will pick their own settings, then pick the microphone settings.

edit: wow, look at this. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/showimg-7/ looks like in pro mode, you have to play the REAL PART as if it were a real guitar.

rock band is the definition of a simple game. nothing really gets more simple than matching up notes on the screen and tilting your controller. i mean sure it gets harder, but the concept stays the same.

now they're adding pro mode or whatever and its getting complicated. look at what guitar hero did after harmonix split from them; they added the slider stuff and charted songs terribly. all im saying is dont place your hopes up on this game. dont think this is going to have the hype that rb2 had, it probably won't.

in other news, the keyboard is going to be interesting.

Firvagor
06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I'll be getting the MIDI adapter since I already have a keyboard, so I think I'm set on that. Well, other than transportation should I decide to play somewhere else.
I won't be getting the cymbals or guitar, or at least not right away.

I'm hoping there won't be any Pro mode achievements since that would force everyone to buy or use Pro instruments. I could see them putting in keyboard-related achievements, given that you've had to play every instrument anyway, but it would be great to not have "complete a song [on Expert/100%] in Pro mode" achievements.

The big plus is that they're innovating while still making the old system available that everyone's used to. Even if the Pro mode turns out to be not that great, you can still enjoy the game playing how you played before.