The new games on the service are;

Age Of Empires III - Complete Collection

Assassin's Creed 2

Max Payne 2

Borderlands

Splinter Cell Conviction

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - 75% off (300msp)

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - 75% off (300msp)

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

These games can be purchased and downloaded through the Games for Windows client which can be downloaded HERE

EDIT: Although these games are sold in the Games for Windows LIVE marketplace, they have no LIVE functionality (achievements, parties, and friends etc...)

Thanks to R43LM4D21D for confirming

Edited by sgt skellboy

Yeah I see that MS is trying capitalize on some really popular stuff, if they added achievements then people would definitely buy it. BOOOOO no achievements no sale, I thought that is what the service was for. I will just buy these at gamestop for almost nothing and have my hardcopy if I want those games.

Yeah the lack of LIVE functionality is rubbish... it might have taken 2-3 days of work to get achievements and such in the games...

Besides, ALL of these games (with the possible exceptions of PoP 1 & 2 Games) can be bought at retail for much less...

How about adding finally adding the full Gears of War and Halo 2 games to the Marketplace, instead of putting up games that don't even use the platform?

Cheers for milking the money cow again MS

Certainly would be nice to have achievements added to these titles, but I can't see it happening tbh. Maybe if they did have more PC games with achievements then it might go towards helping to increase sales of PC games for both digital downloads and the full retail games... I know I would find it an incentive to buy more PC games if they had achievements !

Cheers for milking the money cow again MS
I think you mean M$.

OT: I think Microsoft is releasing these games because they expect the games will sell themselves; not the achievements (or rather, lack thereof) that could be included. If I didn't already have them on PC, I'd probably be picking up AoE3, SC Conviction, San Andreas, Borderlands, and Max Payne. But that's because those games all offer great value as far as video games are concerned; I'm more concerned about enjoying the actual game rather than whether or not it has achievements for me to whore.

On the flip side, I think whoever said that they'd make more money if these games did have achievements is absolutely right. I think, generally speaking, just about any game connected to the Microsoft platform (PC/360) will probably sell better if it includes achievements. And while I can't say I agree with why that is, there's no doubt in my mind that it's almost a certainty. Yeesh.

Just think about how many people would have bought Where's Waldo (or wally) for the fact it had achievements. It's obviously a simple fact that games with achievements will sell better...

Obviously M$ and Ubisoft has not realised this...

(ps. Where's Waldo was AWESOME....)