PDA

View Full Version : Glitched Achievements

R4wD0g496
06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
So I just completed my first playthrough of Alpha Protocol. I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much going in but I got sucked in. Finally a game that I can control with my actions and shape the course of the game the way I see fit.

Just a heads up for everyone that it appears there is some glitched achievements.

I completed the game without hooking up with any of the girls and did not get the achievement. Mina Tang and Scarlet Lake both pretty much offered it to me and I chose negative conversation options to get them angry so it didn't happen. I'm pissed because I purposely went out of my way to turn them down and I still didn't get the achievement. If I had known it wasn't going to work I would have hooked up with them and gotten the 10GS instead of getting fucking nothing at the end of the game.

Also, I had over 85% intel in both the Factions and Individual Intel columns. I'm not 100% on this but I assume that would HAVE to be enough to get the majority of the game's intel achievement. But I could be wrong. Someone please enlighten me if you know the actual % needed.

Also, I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure I did everything to get the One With The Shadows achievement. Some missions I would do stealth perfectly and then your FORCED to fight enemies later on in the level. At the after mission briefing it would still say I completed said objective without alerting anybody up to the point with the scripted gunfight.

If anyone knows any cures for these glitches or has encountered any others please post them!

Oh, and one more. I completed the game yet somehow didn't complete my training? I guess I'm just a naturally awesome spy! Wonder where that training mission was......

ivern
06-11-2010, 08:01 PM
You should read the achievement mini-guides and the individual threads for the achievements, but:

1. If SIE is alive when you start your final mission, you need to choose her as your handler or you can't get No Time for Love.
2. I got the intel achievement at around 80% for each, but it may be that you need some specific intel to get it. Did you always buy the intel from the clearinghouse?
3. Training is beyond your locker, you need to train with Parker, Mina, and Darcy or you don't get the achievement. This has to be done before you go back to Westridge.
4. As for One With the Shadows, any mission with a scripted fight doesn't count. You have to be fully undetected. There are only 4-5 missions where this is possible at all.

R4wD0g496
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow. What stupid fucking requirments for achievements. Why would the game have optional training missions...and then have an achievement for them.

And I didn't hook up with any of them. By me not choosing her didn't have sex with her. I don't even talk to her. Do we get down sometime during the credits offscreen? So stupid

And yea. I found pretty much EVERY intel and bought every single one I could.

With the unreliability of achievements unlocking in this game I'm sure subsequent playthroughs will be quite a piss-off.

b1zarr0
06-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow. What stupid fucking requirments for achievements. Why would the game have optional training missions...and then have an achievement for them.

There are more than a few games that have optional training/tutorial missions and achievements for going through them.

Overall I feel that this game does a pretty piss poor job at describing what needs to be done for some of the achievements

I mean techinically isn't 51% majority?

Also the One with the Shadows achievement seems janky. I've completed 3 missions meeting their stupid criteria and did not get it...unless yellow arrows count as the enemies being "alerted" Ive heard conflicting reports on this

Blueprotoss
06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
There are more than a few games that have optional training/tutorial missions and achievements for going through them.

Overall I feel that this game does a pretty piss poor job at describing what needs to be done for some of the achievements

I mean techinically isn't 51% majority?

Also the One with the Shadows achievement seems janky. I've completed 3 missions meeting their stupid criteria and did not get it...unless yellow arrows count as the enemies being "alerted" Ive heard conflicting reports on this The Majority is that you most of the Intel while you do know that the stealth is passed of you you barely taking any people do right.

Blueprotoss
06-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Acheivements are only Glitched if you have a crappy 360 or you clearly didn't meet all of the requirements for it to be Unlocked.

RushThis
06-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I beat the game, kill Westridge and then killing Leland for the third ending option. No achievement unlocked :/

I'm not really sure what I could do to change it though.

R4wD0g496
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Riiight....so having sex with none of the female characters SHOULDN'T unlock the achievement for not having sex with any female characters???

ponypo2001
06-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Riiight....so having sex with none of the female characters SHOULDN'T unlock the achievement for not having sex with any female characters???
There are 4 women to romance in the game. You have to not romance all 4 (SIE, Madison, Scarlet and Mina). Yes it's a little silly when the achievement reads to simply not be seduced but it is certainly not glitched. Just ensure you meet all 4 women and it's a given, regardless of your rep with them.

b1zarr0
06-13-2010, 04:49 AM
The Majority is that you most of the Intel while you do know that the stealth is passed of you you barely taking any people do right.

"Most of..." is still kinda vague.

and the One with the Shadows achievement says "...less than 5 kills" I was under the impression that stealth takedowns and tranq darts are ok. Again last time I thought I should have met the requirements for this achievement I was playing on Hard which Ive heard slightly alters the criteria (as in you can't even let an enemy get a yellow arrow)