PDA

View Full Version : AM I the only one?

chriscutis
06-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Who can't seem to finish a match? Every damn time as it nears the end it kicks me and says connection error. I'm stuck at lvl 2 permanently because I can't get another game to end. I've leveled to 3 a dozen goddamn times. This game can eat a dick with its shitty matchmaking, twenty minutes to find a match, I'm the one doing everything on my team, as we near the end, the game says fuck you faggot you lose your experience!

Seriously, no hyperbole, 20-30 minutes to find a match, then as it nears the end I get kicked out, what, the, fuck? Was it that someone on the other team was host and they pussied out because my team was winning or what? Will this epic shittiness be in the finished game? I can only assume so.

chriscutis
06-12-2010, 01:57 AM
hahaha wow, I just got into a match and you'll never guess what happened. The game fucked up, yet again! This time there's no environment whatsoever. Just transformers in an endless white expanse like some Robo-Purgatory. Can't tell altitude, where doors are, or anything. Seems more like an Alpha than a public-ready demo.

Mugen NSX RR
06-12-2010, 02:10 AM
I haven't had any of those issues and only a few disconnects. I doubt they expected 6k+ playing the demo. I know most of us didn't.

It boggles my mind that people expect this stuff to work properly 100% of the time. If you've been playing games for any length of time, you should come to expect to have issues. Just part of it.

chriscutis
06-12-2010, 02:14 AM
I have played games. And long enough to know only console users tolerate this crap. Gears 2 Matchmaking sucks, Battlefield 1943 matchmaking sucks, Mercs 2 EA server connectivity sucks, and these are all "finished" products. Stop letting them hoodwink you with subpar products. I've never had connection issues on a PC that were consistent like they are with Live, is it that live just sucks? That they know most console users couldnt be bothered to complain? Or is it in the hardware, for some reason it's more difficult for consoles to connect? In any case, I'm about fed up with console multiplayer, 12 year old teabaggers, lousy connections, shitty policies where host-quit equals game end, and lousy support from the creators in dealing with glitches and banning obvious hackers.

Firvagor
06-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Maybe they could (passively?) find a host replacement like many other games.

Out of the several hours I've played, I've only had one host leave (of course, just coincidence) and one disconnect from host. The only thing I don't like is getting booted to the main menu instead of the main lobby when losing a connection.
The one thing I can agree on is the time it takes to find a match, or to switch menus for that matter. Hopefully that'll be drastically improved by release.

It's a beta. You really can't expect it to be perfect before it's released no matter what "stage" seems appropriate. Comparing this to other retail games, no matter how bad they might seem, doesn't change that. Listing off a mere couple games isn't enough to stereotype the quality of an entire service, especially when complaints don't apply across the board.
You've clearly only played console multiplayer long enough to use it as an excuse to say you did so you can rant, and it's probably time to stop if you're just going to whine about it.

If you think console players "can't be bothered to complain," you've never been to a game's official forums. There's always something to whine about.

Mugen NSX RR
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
I have played games. And long enough to know only console users tolerate this crap. Gears 2 Matchmaking sucks, Battlefield 1943 matchmaking sucks, Mercs 2 EA server connectivity sucks, and these are all "finished" products. Stop letting them hoodwink you with subpar products. I've never had connection issues on a PC that were consistent like they are with Live, is it that live just sucks? That they know most console users couldnt be bothered to complain? Or is it in the hardware, for some reason it's more difficult for consoles to connect? In any case, I'm about fed up with console multiplayer, 12 year old teabaggers, lousy connections, shitty policies where host-quit equals game end, and lousy support from the creators in dealing with glitches and banning obvious hackers.

PC might be better but ever played a MMO in beta, even closed beta? Talk about horrible. WoW's was garbage and it even was upon release. EQ was the same, EQ2 was the same, DAoC was the same. Need I go on? Even after every content patch for those games, there were numerous problems that might have taken days up to a week or two to fix. Granted I'm only using MMO's because there are more people playing them.

I will agree though that I've myself been less impressed with the Live service as well as generally playing online with the xbox and it's made me start looking at going back into MMO's on the PC, particularly KOTOR when it releases.

MADasaHatter
06-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I think you are the only one. I've been playing since the demo dropped and made level 3 on each class in an hour. I had two "Host left game"s but nothing that hostile.

Mea Onus
06-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah you're the only one basically. I made level 3 in the first match, rarely do I have host's quit, matches nearly always finish and it takes about 45 seconds to find a game.

Kronos1982
06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
I've had a host quit twice and a connection time-out error but only before I connected to the game. One day the server was down (per error message) and just wouldn't let me in any lobby at all. That only lasted 30 minutes. Other than that, so far so good. Day one buy for me, preordered.

Cypher_Cobra
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
I finish more matches than I am kicked out, but I am kicked out frequently.

Probably is the server capacity, High Moon probably didn't expect to have so many players so their servers are low in capacity. Could mean that the full game will be choppy for the first week or 2, much like Bad Company.