PDA

View Full Version : Achivment help: Kills

Craftee
06-12-2010, 07:51 AM
so during the campain i belive begging of mission 4 second level it says you can clear all kill achivments from the blood pool as all of them continueously spawn, however, they did not spawn around that pool.

i was wondering if there is another spot in the game where i can finish them off?

thx
Craftee

Jakethemuss
06-12-2010, 10:06 AM
In the level Flesh (Mission 5, level 4), you will come to a large room with a boss figure at the far end on the wall. He will have 4 bodies connected to him via pipes, just shoot the 4 bodies, then shoot the hanging figure in the back as he slides out from the top of the wall design. When this hanging body finally falls, the pool of whatever it is below the wall structure will start spawning basic cultists (instead of the large beasts) on repeat, 3 at a time, until you choose to end the mission by killing the main boss on the stage near the bottom

This is a great way to rack up headshot, ghost bullet, explosion kills using Black. Not so good for melee though.

For melee kills, its best to kill Vicus on Guts, then proceed to melee his hanging corpse repeatedly until the achievements pop for 50/100 etc.. kills as you have all the time you need.

DMpimp13
06-12-2010, 03:50 PM
They didn't spawn there for me either. What I did was restart the checkpoint again, and it worked after I did that.

Craftee
06-12-2010, 07:37 PM
thankyou should be finishing the game today now :D
happy killing
Craftee

Phobia47
06-16-2010, 02:27 AM
They're not spawning at the pool for me either and I've tried restarting the checkpoint numerous times.

UPDATE: The 6th time I restarted the checkpoint it finally worked. I read somewhere else that if you go down the stairs the guide refers to (where the enemies spawn behind the door), the pool will not spawn cultists if you shoot them. The time this actually worked for me I took my entire squad to the door, told them to stay and then ran back to the blood pool. This happened to work so now I'm just sitting here with my grenade launcher aimed at the middle of the pool holding down LT and drinking a slurpee. Woo.

Update #2: I guess I should have known with the achievement asking to "disintegrate" 250 enemies it requires you to actually HIT the enemy with the grenade, not kill it by proximity explosion. Note to self - just holding LT gets you nowhere. Aim and fire.

L4D II JoK3r
08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
thanks this way really helped, before i was just playing through campaign for my 3rd time:(