PDA

View Full Version : torn about this game

dang racoons
06-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I was going to just orginally rent this game but now after playing the demo i thot it was sweet the games out about a week b4 my bday so i could get 4 bday but i was wondering if anyone knows ofany single player footage? Also what do you think the life of this games online will be?

Mea Onus
06-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Nearly all of the trailer stuff is from the single player. Wait around til mid next week and you'll probably get more from e3. As far as the online life, that's way too much speculation. I'm sure it'll fare better than many games, but don't expect it to take the top spot or anything.

dang racoons
06-12-2010, 08:42 PM
that puts my mind at ease knowing most trailers are from single player and ye im hoping for gameplay next week.

I'd assume the numbers may dwindle aroudn the release of crackdown 2 then they may shoot up over the holidays who knows(kinda contridicting my self) but tbh this games multiplayer really surprised me

Spawnus
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
The Single Player for this game lookd amazing, tbh I was only gonna buy it for the Single Player and just get the achievements for Online but after playing the demo this is gonna be a winner for both Single Player and Online.

RavenGunslinger
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Major Nelson did an interview with one of the guys working on it for his podcast. From what I heard it sounded pretty good but you may want to hear it for yourself. It can be found on iTunes, majornelson.com, or the Zune network.

dang racoons
06-13-2010, 10:30 AM
downloading the podcast atm. But im confused what is escalation id assume some sort of horde mode judging by the 15 wave achievement but then theres the achievement for spending points so mabye u egt to put up turrets? if it is a horde type mode that is

Spawnus
06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
From what I understand it is a Horde mode.

This is on Wiki

"Escalation" is a mode for exclusive pre-order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order) characters and characters unlocked during the campaign. Non-stop waves of robots attack until the player(s) are defeated, similar to Gears of War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War) "Horde" mode. Players are also able to spend points earned from defeated enemies on health, ammo, new weapons and unlocking new areas in the map.

dang racoons
06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
kk i just looked up escaltion it sounds pretty immense so that has insured im gunno buy rather than rent thanks for convincing me everyone :)

Spawnus
06-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna be snapping this up on day one or just before if Shopto.net gets it to be on the thursday, can NOT wait!

Cypher_Cobra
06-15-2010, 06:49 AM
This game has sick multiplayer content, I have more fun in WFC demo then I have in the full game CoD4, CoD5 and CoD6. Even Halo isn't as fun as the demo, Halo Reach wasn't as fun as this demo.

This and Battlefield are really fun shooters. Never expected this from a transformers game.

Opiate42
06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm torn about whether to pre-order of wait for it to become cheaper later...I have so many games to play through still and can't quite bring myself to buy any more right now.... but this one looks just awesome!!!

I love Nazi Zombies, Firefight, and Horde. Escalation looks absolutely sick. The AI enemy wave defense thing co-op with buds is just F***'n nuts! I couldn't care less about any MP modes so long as there's co-op.

Like Fallout 3, this may be a weak moment purchase on a payday :p

dang racoons
06-17-2010, 08:51 PM
well ill be getting this for ma birthday (7th july:woop:) so if anyone wants to do co-op then keep me in mind :P

Cypher_Cobra
06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
I traded in 22 games to Gamestop while they had their +50% bonus credit. Ended up with about $213.

Paid off Transformers the same day to get Shockwave, now I just have to spend the rest of the pre-release time to con my friends into buying it.