PDA

View Full Version : Question about this achievement

schrodog
06-13-2010, 01:45 PM
for the achievement
An Idyllic Small Town - Make it through
can you stop playing and continue at another time or does it have to be in one sitting without shutting off the console.

Red Testament
06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I know you can't do it by restarting, but not sure about stopping. Don't see why not. Though it shouldn't take you any time at all on Normal. Just play through it.

Duds911
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
i just did this level without dying or restarting and while collecting all collectables (pausing a lot) and i did NOT get the achievement at the end of the level...i guess i'll have to try again...anyone else have this problem?

RadiantViper
06-13-2010, 11:57 PM
i just did this level without dying or restarting and while collecting all collectables (pausing a lot) and i did NOT get the achievement at the end of the level...i guess i'll have to try again...anyone else have this problem?

Yup, it's just buggy. I tried it a second time and it popped during the cutscene after defending the helicopter.

Ozbaab
06-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Doesn't take THAT long. Try to do it in one sitting.

x FLA5H x
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
for the achievement
An Idyllic Small Town - Make it through
can you stop playing and continue at another time or does it have to be in one sitting without shutting off the console.

Save all your flashbangs for the helo defence, you should have around 10 and then use them all when there a few taken (you lose them afterwards anyway). That makes this that part easy. So you dont use them on the church defence - jump behind a warning sign on the right steps, the policewoman comes round and stands in front of you. You only occasionally have to shine your torch - while she does the rest! (this also helps on nightmare mode).

schrodog
06-14-2010, 02:41 PM
thanks guys i just had to sit down and focus and do it. I paused alot and walked away to do other things but i just left the game running yay for A.D.D

thedoob
06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Got this on nightmare without really paying attention to the achievement, now try that without pausing or taking a break

DreddPirate Rob
06-19-2010, 05:15 AM
This happened to me. I figured it was glitchy but i was also playing an episode a day so at the start while in the jail cell i quit playing so i was wondering if that counted against me.

6o66y
06-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Say I were to die and NOT restart, just load the save before the death would this count against the achievement?

6o66y
06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone? I'm right before the start of this.

RadiantViper
06-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Say I were to die and NOT restart, just load the save before the death would this count against the achievement?

The achievement says 'in one go', and I assume reloading would count against it. You need to go from the start of the level to the end in one sitting (besides pausing). If you haven't played the level before, just play through once to get a feel for it then once you're finished go to level select and try it.

UnOvertime
06-21-2010, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't chance it by turning off the system and picking up the episode later. This level does not take that long and other than the church defense and the helicopter area, its really easy. I got it on a dedicated run on normal, but when I did my nightmare playthrough I didn't die either. Using flashbangs and shooting the red explosive canisters during the helicopter sequence makes that part really easy.

Watch out for the birds when you are on the roof in the beginning, I fell off the scaffolding to my death one time.

RadiantViper
06-21-2010, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't chance it by turning off the system and picking up the episode later. This level does not take that long and other than the church defense and the helicopter area, its really easy. I got it on a dedicated run on normal, but when I did my nightmare playthrough I didn't die either. Using flashbangs and shooting the red explosive canisters during the helicopter sequence makes that part really easy.

Watch out for the birds when you are on the roof in the beginning, I fell off the scaffolding to my death one time.

Yeah, I only ever died on the church defense, besides that it's pretty easy. The helicopter defense has a lot of enemies but you have a ton of supplies at that point ... I basically spammed flashbangs and the flare gun.

For the birds part, as soon as you get on the roof run to the other side and jump to the lift. You won't get attacked once by them.

pacokorn77
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
For me, I was playing the game for a while, and decided to take a break. Unfortunately, the break I took was at the beginning of the chapter during the jail cell scene. I waited for the Spinning, Whirly Thing of Saving Prowess to stop, then shut the 360 off. I came back the next day, picked right back up where I was, I did not die nor did I restart any checkpoint. I made it through with flying colors (got in a sticky situation where I managed to get Come One, Come All) and did not get the Achievement.

So, when it says "one sitting," do NOT stop the chapter at any point from the jail cell to the helipad. Like in my situation, if you started up the chapter, then have second thoughts, save, then come back, you're not gonna get it. When you start, you can't come back to a checkpoint.

I guess in my situation, the game registered the "Continue Game" as a "Restart Checkpoint" command.