PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Animation ?

rab
06-13-2010, 01:48 PM
anyone think it should follow in the footsteps of the Force Unleashed 2 CGI and/or Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Iconoclast
06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I think the only thing that should be done with this show is that it be taken off the air completely. Maybe it would be worth watching if it weren't such a joke of a cartoon; Obi-Wan's beard looks like it's made of wood.

X monkfish69 X
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes, I think it should and I also think that the cartoon could benefit from being more adult orientated. The current cartoon is fine for wannabe Jedi 6 year olds that think they are Anakin or Obi-Wan, but for the rest of us that grew up with Star Wars (or even those that didn't) we all think it's an abomination and could even go so far as to say that it's an insult to the original films.

SALT1R3
06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes, I think it should and I also think that the cartoon could benefit from being more adult orientated. The current cartoon is fine for wannabe Jedi 6 year olds that think they are Anakin or Obi-Wan, but for the rest of us that grew up with Star Wars (or even those that didn't) we all think it's an abomination and could even go so far as to say that it's an insult to the original films.

Agreed, that little kid jedi they have is damn annoying and Anakin is too goody-twoshoes; they have'nt once depicted him having conflicted emotions with the war or in his personal life - it does need to shift more towards being adult orientated to give it more gravitas.

Darth Trom
06-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I like the show, more now than when it started. I do think that this next season we may see something a little more confusing with Anakin because we could see the death of his Padawan. The hard part for them to get to morally vexing would be that you are kind of limited with keeping everything consistent with Episodes 2 and 3, so you won't ever see anyone major die, which would actually be kind of important for story line and plot development.

DarthSoth
06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Season 2 was actaully quite good. They matured the series more in season 2 and Ahsoka has been toned down and less frequent as well. The addition of the bounty hunters and a darker Anakin is also welcome IMO for the series.

On the good news side they are in the works on another Star Wars cartoon, set in the Post Return of the Jedi time and it will be more adult orientated. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that THIS is the new series that they are getting Seth Green to do. It is supposed to be funny but more geared towards the OT age fans. If that's the case then I am looking forward to it. Robot Chicken is awesome and it's Star Wars parodies are damn funny.

vladimir_nightshade
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Clone wars kinda suffered the same fate as the Transformers cartoons really. Kindofa shame but at the same time you can't adapt a saga like Star Wars to keep the original fanbase as they grow up. It wouldn't make sense.

Atrum Kardia
07-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Obi-Wan's beard looks like it's made of wood.

Haha, yeah thats what i thought when i first saw it. I think they should just switch to a different theme, like Force Unleashed, or Old Republic and make the show a more serious looking artwork. Like make it more for adult/teenagers and less for younger kids.

Durdens Wrath
08-02-2010, 02:46 AM
anyone think it should follow in the footsteps of the Force Unleashed 2 CGI and/or Star Wars: The Old Republic?

The only way it could have worse animation than it does, is if it used Teen Titans or Transformers: Animated as a model. What happened to quality animation like we had with Batman: The Animated Series?